Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

If your college dorm didn’t have a Phantom Stairwell Shitter who you unmasked in a scooby-doo-cum-poirot type investigatory revelation at the end of the semester then i just feel sorry for you. You didn’t get the real college experience.

The army has at least one phantom shitter per unit. It's like the army figured out how to identify people who like to poo poo in public places for thrills and spread them around the army at roughly one per company. Sometimes there are more, but rarely none.

That said, my last unit was a small company housed in a battalion barracks and there were several poo poo players in the game. Washing machines were a regular target, and why I stuck next to the laundry room while my clothes washed.

Mostly it's just people that draw dicks on bathroom or outhouse walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I was at the mall today and it was very boomer energy. I was reminded of this thread when I saw multiple boomers parking their cars in the fire lanes by the department stores. Just leaving them there with flashers on while they went to shop.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The army has at least one phantom shitter per unit. It's like the army figured out how to identify people who like to poo poo in public places for thrills and spread them around the army at roughly one per company. Sometimes there are more, but rarely none.

That said, my last unit was a small company housed in a battalion barracks and there were several poo poo players in the game. Washing machines were a regular target, and why I stuck next to the laundry room while my clothes washed.

War. War never changes.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Support our poops.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
ive never shidded without pissong, how does one accomplish this feat

edit- i just open up the bomb bay doors and let er rip. everything out, gogogogogogogogogo.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
swinging from a rope tied to my bathroom fan just projectiling fluids around the walls of my bathroom at an approximate height of three feet

edit- im making a tarzan noise, but not from my mouth

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

wilderthanmild posted:

I was at the mall today and it was very boomer energy. I was reminded of this thread when I saw multiple boomers parking their cars in the fire lanes by the department stores. Just leaving them there with flashers on while they went to shop.

Fire marshal. People liked to do that at my store and the fire marshal loved writing tickets for it.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

swinging from a rope tied to my bathroom fan just projectiling fluids around the walls of my bathroom at an approximate height of three feet

I don't like this new tarzan HBO miniseries

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Two non-boomers I know posted this on Facebook:

https://time.com/5543441/stop-getting-offended/?fbclid=IwAR03TnTltCgeSvNrPJ1xdw3rGzmMnNXm0ouEPFOKyFbNCnTnD0DQpHar6Es

It's a bunch of centrist "BOTH SIDES!!!!" garbage and radiates some strong boomer energy.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Phiz, I think you're my favorite poster on this dead, gay site

wilderthanmild posted:

Today a boomer in a fashy lifted truck was driving like an absolute dick so i flipped him off, he proceeded to abruptly careen across three lanes, cutting me off in the turn lane i had merged into, and slammed his brakes on. I guess it was an attempt to get me to crash into him, but it didn't work bc I've got catlike reflexes unlike him. Then he crossed the double yellow lines when he turned.
Anyways, it was on the way into the mall parking lot.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

blatman posted:

I don't like this new tarzan HBO miniseries

drinkin straight rye just getting INCREDIBLE super powers

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

what if it was bigfoot that pooped in target

Be serious. Bigfoot doesn’t exist.

It was clearly a chupacabra.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

number 1 snake fan posted:

Phiz, I think you're my favorite poster on this dead, gay site

Today a boomer in a fashy lifted truck was driving like an absolute dick so i flipped him off, he proceeded to abruptly careen across three lanes, cutting me off in the turn lane i had merged into, and slammed his brakes on. I guess it was an attempt to get me to crash into him, but it didn't work bc I've got catlike reflexes unlike him. Then he crossed the double yellow lines when he turned.
Anyways, it was on the way into the mall parking lot.

Is giving a gently caress that someone gives you the finger a Boomer thing, or am I just apathetic? It just doesn't seem like that big a deal.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Two non-boomers I know posted this on Facebook:

https://time.com/5543441/stop-getting-offended/?fbclid=IwAR03TnTltCgeSvNrPJ1xdw3rGzmMnNXm0ouEPFOKyFbNCnTnD0DQpHar6Es

It's a bunch of centrist "BOTH SIDES!!!!" garbage and radiates some strong boomer energy.

Her use of the term "stand my ground" is hosed up, cuz it's her using the other person's anger as a way to gently caress them over. Right there next to her Bruce Lee reference. "Moral Martial art," where the moral is "I'm right."

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Beachcomber posted:

Is giving a gently caress that someone gives you the finger a Boomer thing, or am I just apathetic? It just doesn't seem like that big a deal.

It's about, "DON'T YOU DARE DISRESPECT ME!!!'

...even though they don't respect anyone else and basically treat everyone like poo poo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

ohhhhhh those slutty temptresses trying to pry my hard-earned shillings from my draconic grasp. oh fie upon those nightgown-wearing sirens who clambor over my fine thatch, singing to me at night, singing songs of lusty temptations, but I remain Steadfast and Stalwart in my dedication to Never Jerking Off, so their feminizing energies ricochet off of my Breastplate of God, and their songs are silenced by the Lord's Blessed Deafness, inflicted by my many years of blasting Merle Haggard from my Daewoo speakers at teeth-shattering levels

Catching up on this thread, but oh gently caress is this a good post.

Content: stuck in fuckoff nowhere still for work and the boomer energy I've been dealing with at work is insurmountable.

"we want 'thing' but don't want to pay for it, or pay more for the service even though raw materials have gone up a ton as well as wages and etc make it happen"

"we didn't plan 'thing' out completely and now you need to fix it, we will not allow you the time to do it that we agreed to also you need to add 'thing' as well here's the budget that we'll be allowing you but then tell you it's costing too much even though you're well under and the price is fair for the type of work and skilled labor you're using"

"well so and so down the street would probably do it for this cheap"*

*so and so down the street has (a) refused to work for them (b) not enough insurance to satisfy the minimum requirements to work on site (c) will not be able to do the work any sooner (d) is not able to take the payment method for the project

I ended up doing all I could to protect my guys from the roaming poo poo stirrers all week, and I hope if I ever show signs of boomeritis that my kids ol' yeller me immediately if I can't be cured

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Yes, Boomers have weird ideas on what should and should not increase in value. They have absolutely no problem with a restaurant or store’s rent going up 50% in 10 years, but suggest the minimum wage increases too and suddenly they’re the Lorax for small business owners.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Boomers pretend tvs are expensive and rent is cheap

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Her use of the term "stand my ground" is hosed up, cuz it's her using the other person's anger as a way to gently caress them over. Right there next to her Bruce Lee reference. "Moral Martial art," where the moral is "I'm right."

I googled her and it turns out that she's a racist huckster and absolutely full of poo poo. Color me surprised.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

PathAsc posted:

Catching up on this thread, but oh gently caress is this a good post.

Content: stuck in fuckoff nowhere still for work and the boomer energy I've been dealing with at work is insurmountable.

"we want 'thing' but don't want to pay for it, or pay more for the service even though raw materials have gone up a ton as well as wages and etc make it happen"

"we didn't plan 'thing' out completely and now you need to fix it, we will not allow you the time to do it that we agreed to also you need to add 'thing' as well here's the budget that we'll be allowing you but then tell you it's costing too much even though you're well under and the price is fair for the type of work and skilled labor you're using"

"well so and so down the street would probably do it for this cheap"*

*so and so down the street has (a) refused to work for them (b) not enough insurance to satisfy the minimum requirements to work on site (c) will not be able to do the work any sooner (d) is not able to take the payment method for the project

I ended up doing all I could to protect my guys from the roaming poo poo stirrers all week, and I hope if I ever show signs of boomeritis that my kids ol' yeller me immediately if I can't be cured

All of this is just capitalism as described by marx, not boomerism per se. but seeing as how white boomers were the living generation with proportionally the greatest access to capital over the course of their lives, and happen to currently be in many if not most senior positions of authority, it might appear to be a boomer thing.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
At my job we have trolleys that are hooked up and need a $1 or $2 coin to unlock and use and you get your coin back when you hook it up again, naturally this led to complaints and now they are all unhooked, I witness so many people, always old boomers using the trolleys to move nothing more than a tiny handbag and just dumping it in random places, yesterday it was in front of the automatic doors, exactly opposite the trolley bay, Today it was in the middle of the rope barriers in front of the airline check in counter, while maintaining eye contact with me. I loving hate them (and my job).

naem
May 29, 2011

related to thread topic

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

CPL593H posted:

I googled her and it turns out that she's a racist huckster and absolutely full of poo poo. Color me surprised.

loving Time magazine. Any dumb gently caress who bitches about print being dead never realize how loving stupid most publications are and how much power they had.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Krispy Wafer posted:

Yes, Boomers have weird ideas on what should and should not increase in value. They have absolutely no problem with a restaurant or store’s rent going up 50% in 10 years, but suggest the minimum wage increases too and suddenly they’re the Lorax for small business owners.

Boomers love to counter "hey people working service jobs should be paid a living wage" with "But everything will become more expensive! If you force Starbucks to pay its workers 20$ an hour coffees will become $10!!".

Because its the workers who are the problem, the lowest paid part of the company, not its executives and CEOs that make the big bucks, they aren't the problem at all. Boomers love to blame all social problems on people who have zero ability to affect anything.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Starbucks is already overpriced for reasons not related to wages. It's the bud light of coffee but instead if finding it at reasonable prices, it's like you're always paying some 15¢ deposit and it's only in the part of town with higher sales taxes.

Boomers don't understand the phrase, "a rising tide lifts all boats."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Boomers have internalised penny-wise, pound-foolish. Though that might be overstating it.

Really more the capitalist ideas of being pretty much crack addicts except the crack is money, and the copper they tear out of the walls to sell for crack is national infrastructure.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I found out my dad is a climate change denier today, and to be honest it's really shaken a lot of the foundation of someone I respect (I otherwise have a fantastic relationship with my dad). The tv flashed a picture of egg boy and Greta and he immediately starting getting stuck into them both. I asked how he couldn't believe in something like climate change, asked him about the droughts and fires and just the HEAT Australia has had over the past decades. I showed him a time-lapse of glaciers retreating further and further over fifty years, and he watched the whole thing and just put the phone down without saying anything. As he left he said that we all have our own beliefs and that he has his.

I really think that there is some degree of narcissism that makes talking to people like this impossible - they already seem to think they've stumbled onto the secret knowledge and hidden wisdom that eludes the rest of us, even though they accept rational thinking when it comes to making cars run and phones work and surgical procedures but oh no climate science is just hokum.

Christmas is going to be poo poo :(

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Tongues posted:

I found out my dad is a climate change denier today, and to be honest it's really shaken a lot of the foundation of someone I respect (I otherwise have a fantastic relationship with my dad). The tv flashed a picture of egg boy and Greta and he immediately starting getting stuck into them both. I asked how he couldn't believe in something like climate change, asked him about the droughts and fires and just the HEAT Australia has had over the past decades. I showed him a time-lapse of glaciers retreating further and further over fifty years, and he watched the whole thing and just put the phone down without saying anything. As he left he said that we all have our own beliefs and that he has his.

I really think that there is some degree of narcissism that makes talking to people like this impossible - they already seem to think they've stumbled onto the secret knowledge and hidden wisdom that eludes the rest of us, even though they accept rational thinking when it comes to making cars run and phones work and surgical procedures but oh no climate science is just hokum.

Christmas is going to be poo poo :(

he knows climate change is real, as does everyone, except admitting that it is real would be to admit you vote and live against the interests of the human race and rather to serve your own selfish needs

the only people out there that still legitimately don't believe climate change is real are flat-earth level conspiracy theorists, everyone else is just lying to themselves and everyone else

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
fyi the steps are
1 - climate change isn't happening
2 - climate change might be happening but it's always changed, humans didn't cause this
3 - it's too late to do anything now so gently caress it

So you might want to be prepared for what's coming up

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I like the people who say "earth has gone through climate change tons of time and the planet's still here" like no poo poo dude but that doesn't mean we will be

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

abigserve posted:

he knows climate change is real, as does everyone, except admitting that it is real would be to admit you vote and live against the interests of the human race and rather to serve your own selfish needs

the only people out there that still legitimately don't believe climate change is real are flat-earth level conspiracy theorists, everyone else is just lying to themselves and everyone else

burn every bridge, leave them to die alone with their toys, and if there is anything left challenge the will in probate.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Honestly, even without climate change I'd argue that we need to change the way we live. The air we breathe is toxic and carcinogenic (especially in big cities or near major roads) and so are the things we ingest, pollution (including noise pollution) is negatively affecting the lives of millions, obesity rates are rocketing across the world, biodiversity is steadily decreasing, and so on. Climate change just makes the problems existential on a collective level, but apparently even that's not enough for boomers.

I'm really pissed off about right-wing parties, that claim to be all about long-term sustainability when it comes to things like social security and immigration, throwing all of that out of the window when it comes to the much more fundamental ecological problems. Suddenly it's good to be the entitled grasshopper and not the ant, just because they don't want to change a thing about their comfortable lifestyles.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

SchrodingersCat posted:

I feel really bad for whatever sadsack aliens get exposed to our poisonous bullshit.

I mean, is there any doubt that in any Humanity vs. the Universe conflict, we are going to be the bad guys?

I read an old lovely pulp sci-fi book my dad had from the 60s with this premise. Aliens conquer earth in chapter one and humanity starts exporting all it's wierd bullshit, nearly destroying the alien society. Good premise, bad read.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Holy poo poo I might own that book, is that the one where the best selling human product is like a thing you drink out of but it has a suction cup on one end so it doesn't float away in zero gravity?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I read an old lovely pulp sci-fi book my dad had from the 60s with this premise. Aliens conquer earth in chapter one and humanity starts exporting all it's wierd bullshit, nearly destroying the alien society. Good premise, bad read.

Do you remember the title? I'm almost sure I read this fairly recently but I already gave it back to my dad

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Phlegmish posted:

I'm really pissed off about right-wing parties, that claim to be all about long-term sustainability when it comes to things like social security and immigration

when did that happen ever

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

That book - was it "First Contract" by Greg Costikyan?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/842493.First_Contract

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Phlegmish posted:

I'm really pissed off about right-wing parties, that claim to be all about long-term sustainability when it comes to things like social security and immigration, throwing all of that out of the window when it comes to the much more fundamental ecological problems. Suddenly it's good to be the entitled grasshopper and not the ant, just because they don't want to change a thing about their comfortable lifestyles.

Austerity is for other people.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Neito posted:

Austerity is for other people.

Austerity is a loving cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I’m hosting the family Christmas party today and all the loving Boomers are
Chuds. There will be probably 5 adults out of 25 who didn’t vote Trump and 4 of those 5 are my immediate family.

I thought about sticking my light up Sanders 2016 sign in with the Christmas decorations, but I’ll take the high road (I also don’t need a HOA violation for political yard signs). It’s me. I’m the cancer of decorum.