Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This is the kind of garbage I would finance if I were a millionaire.

I love it. I need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

good for him. this picture has brought a bunch of people a lot of joy over the years

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

:woop::siren::siren::siren::woop:
FREDDIE WONG POSTING HERE
:woop::siren::siren::siren::woop:
I have come out of my cave of being an internet has-been to purchase this. I have the winning bid.

Roll your eyes all you want - I think this drawing is important.

I was there for the original thread, and the SA forums of that time period formed my dumbass sense of humor. That single piece of art, with the jaunty leg tilt, crotch bulge, and unorthodox card handling technique, has brought me more joy than just about any weird internet thing I've ever encountered. It's pure art - drawn by someone with genuine intent to contribute to a collaborative internet project, and like a fuckin herald of the cesspool internet to come, that project flamed out as internet strangers from around the world came together to dunk hard on it. It's one of the earliest examples of how a bunch of anonymous strangers with mixed intentions collaboratively created something far greater than the sum of its parts, and must be preserved.

This drawing and the ideas it inspired brought people together. It continues to do so. The artist claimed that dumb gently caress $150,000 banana taped to a wall is worth that much because of the "idea" of it. If so, then what is the endless fount of inspiration that this drawing represents worth?

Like the balls on the edge of the cliff, forever appearing and knocking the next one down, Johnny Five Aces will go on forever motherfuckers.

I eagerly anticipate receiving this, getting it properly framed, and lending it out to any art exhibits of internet ephemera that might happen to pop up.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

MrSpiffy posted:

I have come out of my cave of being an internet has-been to purchase this. I have the winning bid.

I was there for the original thread, and the SA forums of that time period formed my dumbass sense of humor. That single piece of art, with the jaunty leg tilt, crotch bulge, and unorthodox card handling technique, has brought me more joy than just about any weird internet thing I've ever encountered. It's pure art - drawn by someone with genuine intent to contribute to a collaborative internet project, and like a fuckin herald of the cesspool internet to come, that project flamed out as internet strangers from around the world came together to dunk hard on it. It's one of the earliest examples of how a bunch of anonymous strangers with mixed intentions collaboratively created something far greater than the sum of its parts, and must be preserved.

This drawing and the ideas it inspired brought people together. It continues to do so. The artist claimed that dumb gently caress $150,000 banana taped to a wall is worth that much because of the "idea" of it. If so, then what is the endless fount of inspiration that this drawing represents worth?

Like the balls on the edge of the cliff, forever appearing and knocking the next one down, Johnny Five Aces will go on forever motherfuckers.

I eagerly anticipate receiving this, getting it properly framed, and lending it out to any art exhibits of internet ephemera that might happen to pop up.

hell yeah op glad it went to a goon and not some rear end in a top hat making fake bids! hope you enjoy it

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

MrSpiffy posted:

I have the winning bid.

:five::five::five::five::five:

pix when you get it please

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

MrSpiffy posted:

This is an excellent final chapter (eulogy?) to johnny. This makes me extremely happy.

OK fine I'll start supporting dungeons & daddies on patreon

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

MrSpiffy posted:

Now I'm eagerly awaiting the follow up post with pics and framing and then to the goldmine.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, this just makes me happy

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mercy betsy enjoy that graphite on printer paper

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Johnny is safe.

For now...

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Fansy posted:

The winner is going to own the world's most valuable meme, and the higher the bidding goes, the higher the odds of a studio purchasing the rights to Zybourne Clock.

Who do we call to get a Johnny Fiveaces vs Slender Man movie?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

Who do we call to get a Johnny Fiveaces vs Slender Man movie?

Boll, Uwe

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MrSpiffy posted:

:five: and agreed, I'd have bought it up to 1k but better for you for going further.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I am very happy it was not a joke bid.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Nice work, just make sure the t shirts you make from it can fit goons

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

I am so, SO very proud, Johnny. Johnny, just look at you!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm amazed Zybourne Clock has made $5000 after all these years.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
:thurman:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

MrSpiffy posted:

Don't goldmine this until we see the framed picture

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

MrSpiffy posted:

Congratulations, please let us know when it's on display

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Me too. Congratulations on owning a piece of history, MrSpiffy.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MrSpiffy posted:

You been online far too long man is time for u to go....

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Make Groverhaus into a goon museum. These could be the exhibts:

-Johnny Fiveaces
-The removed joists and concept art for that bathroom
-The death march goon's broken baby carriage
-Swap.avi in the vilerat memorial screening room
-Lowtax's original spine
-Hulk Hogan meat shoes
-Slenderman
-A Vietnam memorial wall type thing but it's the complete "Dear Richard"
-The copy of the Man Who Fell to Earth that I bought from Aatrek before everyone found out he's a chomo
-They don't even fit

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 18, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CPL593H posted:

-Johnny Fiveaces
-Lowtax's original spine
-Hulk Hogan meat shoes
-Slenderman
-The copy of the Man Who Fell to Earth that I bought from Aatrek before everyone found out he's a chomo
-The don't even fit

You go into the toilet and instead of urinals, there's just a well.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

CPL593H posted:

-Johnny Fiveaces
-Lowtax's original spine
-Hulk Hogan meat shoes
-Slenderman
-The don't even fit

You forgot P-P-P-Powerbook.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
honestly i think this is a great outcome, dude deserves 5k for inspiring so much humor and freddie w getting just....feels right

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

CPL593H posted:

-The don't even fit

What is this?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

BigBadSteve posted:

What is this?

Dog stole mailman's shoes.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just happy that it's going to be properly preserved. And that it wasn't purchased by Elon Musk or Notch.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

MrSpiffy posted:

you beautiful bastard. you've done a man's job sir. well done.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

MrSpiffy posted:

Make a Zybourne Clock movie already. Outdo Fragmaster.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

CPL593H posted:

-Johnny Fiveaces
-Lowtax's original spine
-Hulk Hogan meat shoes
-Slenderman
-The don't even fit

Upon entry you're hit in the face with a comedically oversized powder puff loaded with phenazepam.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
This is the gooniest goon thing that could happen to this goony goon art. Goongrats???

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CPL593H posted:

-Johnny Fiveaces
-Lowtax's original spine
-Hulk Hogan meat shoes
-Slenderman
-The don't even fit

the snowmen that Nimbooda destroyed and called "Nimbooda's Negroes!" and he almost got busted for hate crimes

doobie's venthood

Doomhouse on VHS

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MrSpiffy posted:

freddie make a ZC youtube video.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I'm stoked that a goon bought this and it wasn't a fake bid, you should insure it with great haste

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The infamous keyboard from the best known ban me thread.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The 3D printed barnacle jim dildo.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Grand Fromage posted:

yeah, i was caught off guard by how happy it made me that it was legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

MrSpiffy posted:

Thank you.