Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

galagazombie posted:

I love that a movie titled "The Rise of Skywalker" involves the entire Skywalker bloodline being exterminated root and stem, and the heir of their greatest enemy stealing the name.

galagazombie posted:

I think it's hilarious that "The Rise of Skywalker" involves the entire Skywalker family being wiped out root and stem and the heir of Palpatine stealing the name.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What would be Sheev’s WWE entrance theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGY1J9XTXuw

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The character I really miss is Tezzor, the dude who came in to prove the prequels failed because they didn’t follow the rule of thirds in shot composition

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Canon is for cowards.

Cannon (with miniaturized Death Star tech) is where it's at.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I miss the guy who got really into star wars posting then realized he was getting too into it and posted a banme. He had a 70s guy with a moustache avatar. RIP to a homie

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

I miss the guy who got really into star wars posting then realized he was getting too into it and posted a banme. He had a 70s guy with a moustache avatar. RIP to a homie

Wheatloaf was a hero we didn't deserve

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

General Dog posted:

So is it true? All of it?

Han comes back to talk to Kylo for a couple of minutes. as a not-a-force-ghost but a memory. Obviously this was supposed to be a carrie fisher scene but she went and died and they begged/paid Harrison ford a shitload to come back and do it for her.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mameluke posted:

It's time for Star Wars to stop trying, die, and go to cute character merch heaven so Baby Yoda can join Pikachu and Hello Kitty

Pikachu actually got a decent movie though

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Pikachu actually got a decent movie though

it was good as a movie and good as a device to poke the nostalgia part of your brain, both things that disney star wars has constantly flubbed

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
What I'm saying is... everyone should go and stan on Dune which comes out in 364 days.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843104

It even has Poe Dameon in it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Beeez posted:

Even if Sheev created Anakin, they probably have no genetic relationship. So it's fine, just like it'd be fine if C-3PO and Luke kissed.

Luke would cut his tongue probably on the metal lips

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica
You guys also realize Vader wasn't meant to be Luke's father in the first film?

That they completely invented that fact when writing the second film?

There's a lot of poo poo in Star Wars that gets made up on the spot, so the whole Anakin being Palpatines Son really isn't that loving weird given the context of star wars.

The same thing happened with Leia being Vader's daughter. They only decided to do that when they were developing the third film.

Remember all the romance and jealousy and love triangle between luke, han and leia?

That was legitimately supposed to be a will they wont they triangle between unrelated people.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

A movie where Rey and the 10 surviving resistance members go on a mission to destroy a galaxy busting hyperweapon would've been better than this.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Luke would cut his tongue probably on the metal lips

He can't help it. It's maddening.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tekne posted:

A movie where Rey and the 10 surviving resistance members go on a mission to destroy a galaxy busting hyperweapon would've been better than this.

apperently this takes place a year or so after tlj.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I don’t think there's anything wrong with the notion that Sidious and Plagueis created Anakin in the course of their crazy force experiments. I think it's fitting that the evil sorcerers accidentally sowed the seed (so to speak) of their own destruction. I just think, given the way Palpatine is shown to operate throughout the series, it's a complete misunderstanding of his character to suppose that he deliberately created and knew about this ultimate weapon that he was secretly grooming from the point of conception.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Does Rey even react to finding out who her Grandpa is

I'm assuming she doesn't shout that's not true that's impossible and try to kill herself

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why wouldn’t ben solo see who her dad was when they had their force vision in TLJ

Or why wouldn’t she see it. Lmao the dark side cave should have known

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I need a list of the all the plot/world/character/previous movie inconsistencies, because I've lost track of how many there are. 1 every minute?

Where did all the crew for the new SD's come from?
Why does the First Order need them, they already OWN the galaxy?
Why are there SD's crashing over Jakuu AND Endor, which have no significance to the galaxy?

I have so many questions.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

LostRook posted:

It's fanfiction sure, but it's also established canon per Disney. Just like the trash monster in ANH being a powerful force user and rape survivor that only grabbed Luke to baptize him in the force and may have reincarnated into Rey after dying. That is also canon.

If Disney fans want to go read a comic book where it's revealed that actually Palpatine meant for everything in TPM to happen exactly as it did, that's their problem, but it's not in the movies. In the movies, "the ability to create life" probably isn't even real, and Sheev for sure doesn't have it, and his plan is to start a war as a pretext for taking over the galaxy and killing all the Jedi. He doesn't need Anakin; having him is just a bonus.

Prequel detractors have come a long way. Now they have to go the EU to explain why the movies are stupid :thunk:

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

euphronius posted:

Why wouldn’t ben solo see who her dad was when they had their force vision in TLJ

Or why wouldn’t she see it. Lmao the dark side cave should have known

Well see, she asked who her parents were, not who her grandpa was. The dark side cave/tree requires very clear and specific phrasing.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Comstar posted:

Why are there SD's crashing over Jakuu AND Endor, which have no significance to the galaxy?

Yes! thankyou. It was so weird.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Zoran posted:

I don’t think there's anything wrong with the notion that Sidious and Plagueis created Anakin in the course of their crazy force experiments. I think it's fitting that the evil sorcerers accidentally sowed the seed (so to speak) of their own destruction. I just think, given the way Palpatine is shown to operate throughout the series, it's a complete misunderstanding of his character to suppose that he deliberately created and knew about this ultimate weapon that he was secretly grooming from the point of conception.

Yeah, I think even if they did it they may not have even known it succeeded. But also, Palpatine says he never learned how to do what Plagueis did, so it's really more likely the latter is Anakin's "dad" than the former.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i've watched all these movies and read the new leaks and I am still extremely confused what the loving point of Finn was

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mat Cauthon posted:

Well see, she asked who her parents were, not who her grandpa was. The dark side cave/tree requires very clear and specific phrasing.

Palpatines son would be incredibly famous !!! Literally anakins brother. Jedi would just walk past anakin and get huge force vibes from him. Argh.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Why did Rey have a force vision when she touched Anakin's lightsaber in TFA, and why did she hear Kenobi's voice during it but no one else?

euphronius posted:

Palpatines son would be incredibly famous !!! Literally anakins brother. Jedi would just walk past anakin and get huge force vibes from him. Argh.

Luke and Leia were twins. Vader could feel Luke's power/potential from a distance but felt nothing even as he personally captured and interrogated his own daughter who should've been equally powerful.

So maybe, maybe not. Maybe Palp's son was a force dud like Leia.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 18, 2019

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
A month ago I went blind (due to a blood vessel breaking in my eye) and I really upset I wasn't going to get to see the last Star Wars Movie.

Unfortunately, my blindness was temporary, and I got to see this movie.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

The dead yeet.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Wait so Kylo dies the same way the Emperor "died" but we're supposed to believe this time it's real?

Someone's hedging their bets about not having more Skywalker movies

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

No he force ghosts instead. The only kind of death that really seems to stick, until a decade or so from now when it doesn’t

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I doubt Adam Driver would want to do another one even if they were good

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Kylo's corpse literally fades out jedi death style, feels like a stretch to walk his death back from there but lol when they're desperate enough maybe they'll try

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

i've watched all these movies and read the new leaks and I am still extremely confused what the loving point of Finn was

The combo of rewriting TFA so that Poe lives and Disney's seeming reluctance to humanize stormtroopers completely kneecapped the character's potential

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mat Cauthon posted:

Why did Rey have a force vision when she touched Anakin's lightsaber in TFA, and why did she hear Kenobi's voice during it but no one else?

This is why her being no one special never made sense. She's obviously intended to be special from the beginning.

quote:

Luke and Leia were twins. Vader could feel Luke's power/potential from a distance but felt nothing even as he personally captured and interrogated his own daughter who should've been equally powerful.

So maybe, maybe not.

Luke is actively using The Force in that moment, though. All Force-strong people seemingly use it to some extent when piloting stuff.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The extant evidence for kylo returning is that adam driver didn't publicly announce signing the same 'we want out, jesus let us out' deal ridley/boyega/isaac did. It's not nothing but ghosting him is probably a more important sign anyway

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
At the end, Rey puts two lightsabers in the ground...and got a third one that was yellow......um, where did that come from?

I can't wait to see Robot's Chicken take on this,

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess I’ll just have to accept that like Liea was 100% not Vader’s daughter in ANH, Rey’s parentage is similarly made up later

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Comstar posted:

At the end, Rey puts two lightsabers in the ground...and got a third one that was yellow......um, where did that come from?

She made it, just like Luke made the one in RotJ.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

No Mods No Masters posted:

The extant evidence for kylo returning is that adam driver didn't publicly announce signing the same 'we want out, jesus let us out' deal ridley/boyega/isaac did. It's not nothing but ghosting him is probably a more important sign anyway

Yeah I mean he's "done" as in being one of the stars of the flicks but I'm sure he won't have a problem popping back to get his likeness taken for a few seconds or to be like TRUST YOUR FEELINGS in ghost form in a later movie or whatever.

Eventually living the dream of being a ghost who is one with the force but still getting tired enough to have to sit on a log.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Man how big a piece of poo poo is this movie that it's got a 57% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Already had no desire to see it because of how bad the last one was but fuckin lol.