Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bernstrike posted:

scumteam in the rush to get off bottle imp and into dancer

Bottle imp is confirmed town and dancer was 3P this argument is weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bernstrike posted:

right in there I think. and we can rule out bottle imp so that narrows it down a bit

bern what. you just implied that a confirmed townie is scum, then in basically the same breath said the confirmed townie can be ruled out of being scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are you saying unvoting the claimed mason was.... scummy?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Sandwolf posted:

Bottle imp is confirmed town and dancer was 3P this argument is weak

when the first dunk train derails the scumdums were in a rush to make sure they weren’t tied to the next set of tracks, frantically trying to figure out how to undo a Portuguese bowline, stubby fingers pawing at the rope but too sweaty to grip on

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bernstrike posted:

when the first dunk train derails the scumdums were in a rush to make sure they weren’t tied to the next set of tracks, frantically trying to figure out how to undo a Portuguese bowline, stubby fingers pawing at the rope but too sweaty to grip on

oh so you were trying to say the switch onto dancer SPECIFICALLY is what's scummy

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. Steak posted:

bern what. you just implied that a confirmed townie is scum,

no I didn’t, that’s not how words work

quote:

then in basically the same breath said the confirmed townie can be ruled out of being scum

Unless this is a Bastard mid game then yes, I don’t think the confirmed townie is scum, like I said

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

We have approximately four hours left till deadline. I will not vote 2 penny, Amnistar, Birdstrike, or Gulag today. Beyond that I'm open to votes, but we really need to get something moving if we're going to secure an execution.

Votecount for Day 1

GulagDolls (3): Amnistar, 2 penny bottle imp, Dancer, Amnistar, Paul ReiserFS, Anomalous Amalgam, 2 penny bottle imp, Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam
Bernstrike (3): Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Tommu, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
2 penny bottle imp (3): Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Nep-Nep, GulagDolls, Podima, Mr. Humalong, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, GulagDolls, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, Podima
Amnistar (2): Squiggly, 2 penny bottle imp, Bernstrike, Leith Maclaine, Bernstrike, Leith Maclaine
Dancer (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Podima
Mr. Steak (2): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Bernstrike, GulagDolls
Squiggly (0): Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, GulagDolls, Mr. Steak, GulagDolls, Podima, Mr. Steak
Paul ReiserFS (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Nep-Nep (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Hal Incandenza (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Humalong (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Leith Maclaine (0): Amnistar, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep, Mr. Humalong, Amnistar
Sandwolf (0): Bernstrike, Bernstrike
Podima (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (1): Sandwolf

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 21st, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST -- that's in about 3 hours, 54 minutes.

heres the votecount just after 2penny claimed.

if anyone's scum that scum was trying to avoid being swapped onto, its bern or gulag

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

exactly the argument i would expect a member of this extremely unchad mafia team to make

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GulagDolls posted:

exactly the argument i would expect a member of this extremely unchad mafia team to make

whatever, im just following bern's argument but doing it better than him to actually find scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bernstrike posted:

he made this dumb joke, i actually found names.

do better or stop throwin shade

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, right, bern also posted a list of votes on the dead non-scum. very novel. such a good scumhunter

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be less of a bitch though (sorry, i just woke at 5am and im cranky)

i dont get why bern would theorize what he did (that scum swerved onto dancer to desperately avoid lunching one of their own) and then conclude that the best place to look are the late votes on dancer which are historically SUCH a null tell because its probably townies not wanting to NL, instead of the wayyy clearer avenue of looking for who the scum was avoiding lunching.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. Steak posted:

to be less of a bitch though (sorry, i just woke at 5am and im cranky)

i dont get why bern would theorize what he did (that scum swerved onto dancer to desperately avoid lunching one of their own) and then conclude that the best place to look are the late votes on dancer which are historically SUCH a null tell because its probably townies not wanting to NL, instead of the wayyy clearer avenue of looking for who the scum was avoiding lunching.

do you know they’re townies because you’re scum?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:bustem:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yup

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Humalong posted:

they also lurk as 3p so either way, yeah

##vote dancer

##vote Humalong

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
I agree that the scumdums seem to have derailed their train immediately after I claimed, and put full force onto Dancer.

I also don't know how to read Gulag's weird message claim. Feels like a preemptive warning that if a townie detective investigated him, the result would be wrong. Especially critical given that a miller has already flipped.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I agree that the scumdums seem to have derailed their train immediately after I claimed, and put full force onto Dancer.

I also don't know how to read Gulag's weird message claim. Feels like a preemptive warning that if a townie detective investigated him, the result would be wrong. Especially critical given that a miller has already flipped.

Honestly, I feel like this is probably accurate, but I'd also say that your town play wasn't above suspicion. I feel/felt like there are probably millers, naive cops, insane cops, etc... at least that's what I assumed going into this game, but given the presence of conf. masons, maybe it's more traditional.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Setup speculation:
I suspect there is not a single standard role in this game.

Actually playingn the game:
I dont like what gulag is posting, but right now I am more inclined to believe they are telling the truth and just being dumb about it than scum trying to pull some kind of gambit?

No one is going to believe them that their alignment came back wrong if they targeted gulag, and the claim puts them right back front and center at the start of day 1.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

Setup speculation:
I suspect there is not a single standard role in this game.

Actually playingn the game:
I dont like what gulag is posting, but right now I am more inclined to believe they are telling the truth and just being dumb about it than scum trying to pull some kind of gambit?

No one is going to believe them that their alignment came back wrong if they targeted gulag, and the claim puts them right back front and center at the start of day 1.

Perhaps not standard, but also not so modifier laden that results would be completely useless. My own role PM isn't too unconventional, and it does make use of some modifiers, but I'm only a cop in flavor. The actual role itself is more traditional, just includes modifiers on how it can be used, etc.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Heavy is the head that wears the crown. I've been given too much power lol.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. I've been given too much power lol.

BUt that said, it's really just about me using it responsibly?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Perhaps not standard, but also not so modifier laden that results would be completely useless. My own role PM isn't too unconventional, and it does make use of some modifiers, but I'm only a cop in flavor. The actual role itself is more traditional, just includes modifiers on how it can be used, etc.

Agree with that.

On a semi-related note, does anyone have a link to someplace with a list of roles that gently caress with night actions that are likely to be used in SA games?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

Agree with that.

On a semi-related note, does anyone have a link to someplace with a list of roles that gently caress with night actions that are likely to be used in SA games?

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Roles_Main_Page
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A0O-zyj1YkDl1F1B4rhLr6IULUh4xWLCe9YJYZvow9I/edit#gid=0

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

You'll have to do some digging, but like every role and modifier conceivable should more or less be accounted for.

There's the actual SA mafia one as well, but that has our in-house stuff and community lingo like "Lumpen List" lol

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Mafia

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Thanks, I'll dig through that.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Gee, how strange that the smooth-brained, infantile scum team killed one of the confirmed town. Such a brave and controversial choice of night kill from what is surely a real think-tank of arable geniuses.

Time to look back and see if one of the knuckleheads that talked about their items had a ballpoint pen

The answer to this is no, but now that it's been revealed these "identifying items" are related to the killer, I'm rethinking my point on D1 about not claiming these. The risk here is that it may be imperfect information or useful in some other way for scum if we massclaim these, so I'm leaning towards keeping it on the downlow for at least one more day.

Also that was a pretty drat good first day/night, we eliminated two 3Ps and scum were forced to eliminate one of two confirmed town - even if this means tuppence imp will die at end of day today, he's still confirmed town till then. (Also from a game design perspective, delayed-effect lovers is a clever way to balance confirmed masons. I like it!)

P.S. Hum, why didn't you ever come back after checking into this?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Paul ReiserFS posted:

This feels like a “congratulating the doc” scumtell kind of thing for some reason

You've done a lot of calling people scummy without putting votes down this game - you voted exactly once in all of D1, even. I know you said this:

Paul ReiserFS posted:

I need to be very deliberate with my voting this game, instead of my usual willy-nilly, but ##vote Gulag

But being cautious with your vote is more scummy than townie. Do you think Humalong is scum for that post he made? If not, who do you currently think is scummy enough for your vote?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

The answer to this is no, but now that it's been revealed these "identifying items" are related to the killer, I'm rethinking my point on D1 about not claiming these. The risk here is that it may be imperfect information or useful in some other way for scum if we massclaim these, so I'm leaning towards keeping it on the downlow for at least one more day.

Also that was a pretty drat good first day/night, we eliminated two 3Ps and scum were forced to eliminate one of two confirmed town - even if this means tuppence imp will die at end of day today, he's still confirmed town till then. (Also from a game design perspective, delayed-effect lovers is a clever way to balance confirmed masons. I like it!)

P.S. Hum, why didn't you ever come back after checking into this?

I do think that the pivot off of tuppence onto Dancer looks better on your part given that Dancer was 3P.

I think Amni's jump on to Hum about Dancer being 3p looks wonky because that's basically asserting that Hum KNEW that Dancer was 3P.

Looks like an overeager scum vote, and I've already had some early game suspicion of Amni.

Birb and Amni look curious to me with their play so far today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

##vote Humalong

##vote Amni

Thinking about it more, this looks really strange.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

it said that if i was copped n1, the result would not be reliable. but it also was clearly not addressed to me. i don't think it was sent from town because this necessitates both the ability to a. know I was being framed or something and b. send the message. which seems. OP.

so either someone, probably scum is just sending out random disinformation to different people, or its just a game mechanic maybe tied to a role that gives random people messages. that may be truthful?

Bernstrike posted:

a little birdy told me the pet detective is bad poh-lice

I believe both of these messages happened as stated, and the people trying to brush it off as useless (mr. steak) are suspect as a result.

I also actually am willing to believe that the Pet Detective is scum, I've seen cop roles before where the cop chooses someone to investigate and someone else gets the result. If this is the case and said cop is willing to claim who they investigated, we have a scum result to act on for today.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896200&userid=109558

Sandwolf, you're doing the classic "scum forcing themselves to post" thing of driveby non-game-related posts, biting at low-hanging fruit, and self-consciously acknowledging your lack of posting. Who do you think is scum today?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

I believe both of these messages happened as stated, and the people trying to brush it off as useless (mr. steak) are suspect as a result.

I also actually am willing to believe that the Pet Detective is scum, I've seen cop roles before where the cop chooses someone to investigate and someone else gets the result. If this is the case and said cop is willing to claim who they investigated, we have a scum result to act on for today.

Well, I think Mr. Steak's aversion and my own mostly, was because gulag said all that about the message, then voted steak on feeling.

Then birb voted steak because of gulag's statement about the message, hence my vote on them.

I don't suspect the messages are fake, but I do suspect one of these two might be lying about their motives in claiming messages, favoring birb given his unwarranted vote on Steak.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

er, my only comment on the matter was in response to the following:

GulagDolls posted:

in any case, it's probably steak's fault

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

idfk about that message. gulag is dumb

you might have interpreted "idfk" as meaning "i dont know if that's relevant" but it was meant literally.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bernstrike posted:

scumteam in the rush to get off bottle imp and into dancer

Bernstrike posted:

right in there I think. and we can rule out bottle imp so that narrows it down a bit

Bernstrike posted:

Translating from drunken idiot Australian, Birb is saying the exact same thing I was yesterday at time of execution - scum have a vested interest in securing an execution that isn't them, so it's a reasonable supposition that scum were part of that quick swerve off of tuppence djinni to Dancer now that we know Dancer was 3P.

I think it's interesting that Sandwolf and mr. steak - two people I'm already suss on - were so quick to argue against this conclusion, and would vote either of them today really.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also why did you call me out when aa's the one who was on gulag's rear end about it?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Well, I think Mr. Steak's aversion and my own mostly, was because gulag said all that about the message, then voted steak on feeling.

Then birb voted steak because of gulag's statement about the message, hence my vote on them.

I don't suspect the messages are fake, but I do suspect one of these two might be lying about their motives in claiming messages, favoring birb given his unwarranted vote on Steak.

I'm going to refrain from commenting further on the messages until more people check in, I really want to see if someone comes forward about that scum investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

also why did you call me out when aa's the one who was on gulag's rear end about it?

You are the suspect in question, and I'm the chief. Also, I just wanted gulag to clarify that the message and vote were unrelated, and when he did. I voted birb for his bad vote on you.