Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Pixelate posted:

:lol: what’s going on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHSZQ7yXD3w

3.8 seems to have broken entity scale or something. Full vid here: TINY STAR CITIZEN!!!
Pfft ahahha what the heck.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Pixelate posted:

3.8 seems to have broken entity scale or something. Full vid here: TINY STAR CITIZEN!!!

brb reinstalling Star Citizzen and finding tinydancer.mp3

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also I've never seen the female model in SC before and goddamn it has some :kazooieass:

TAXE:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ah, the ever-increasing scope finaly manifests itself.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

monkeytek posted:

The types of errors they keep getting blow me away.

The absolute lack of testing is interesting, though. Things like the wrong format string in Star Marine or these scaling issues are nothing you need elaborate test-suites for to catch, just someone who plays it for a bit without being drunk is sufficient here.

It's quite obvious that CIG are in way in over their heads. With no one having a good overview over their FrankenEngine anymore and changes made by inexperienced (former) employees without proper documentation or tests in place there is absolutely zero chance this will go forward. Sure, with infinite money and enough trial&error they could achieve ... something, but all whales in the world don't have enough money to make that happen, the diminishing returns are getting worse and worse with each patch.

I`am pretty sure Amazon is psyched to buy this undocumented, buggy pile of technical debt with no meaningful architecture, tool support or at least a viable architecture to build upon.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

ggangensis posted:

The absolute lack of testing is interesting, though. Things like the wrong format string in Star Marine or these scaling issues are nothing you need elaborate test-suites for to catch, just someone who plays it for a bit without being drunk is sufficient here.

It's quite obvious that CIG are in way in over their heads. With no one having a good overview over their FrankenEngine anymore and changes made by inexperienced (former) employees without proper documentation or tests in place there is absolutely zero chance this will go forward. Sure, with infinite money and enough trial&error they could achieve ... something, but all whales in the world don't have enough money to make that happen, the diminishing returns are getting worse and worse with each patch.

I`am pretty sure Amazon is psyched to buy this undocumented, buggy pile of technical debt with no meaningful architecture, tool support or at least a viable architecture to build upon.

At this point I'm wondering all of the weirdness around SQ42 is them realizing the Crytek engine is poo poo and have made the decision to move over to another engine, unfortunately that is an action not supported by the current staffing they have.

Though the current senior management may just believe their current devs can make the switch in two days so who knows.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Isn't the core of Cryengine a old tech demo that got hacked into a full game?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:toot: Hot NPC Subsumption AI and Melee Combat action!

https://i.imgur.com/9esumLR.gifv

:reddit: This just shows why they should really improve the AI before adding anything else like hand to hand combat...

:reddit: Game is so bad and good lol

:reddit: This is janky. Is this really worth upvoting to the front page of reddit as an example of good gameplay for people to see? Anyone from outside coming in to people praising a unrealistic chain of takedowns and choppy animations would get the impression that this sub is delusional.

:reddit: i want to believe in this game but every time i watch something it turns out like this.. hope you´re having fun tho.

:reddit: Anything on foot is still so buggy. God willing the client server refactor will fix that.
:confused: When can we expect that? Not that I'm dumb enough to get my hopes up.

:reddit: Hilarious post but still sad because it reminds me that it’s 2020 and this game is still a janky tech demo. When is the polishing going to come through? Every update for literally years was promised as the Chosen Update that will make the game not run like poo poo. I booted up the most recent build in MicroTech and it runs worse than the previous build I tried a year ago in Hurston did...ugh

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Pixelate posted:

Daemons are in :thumbsup:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:reddit: Star Citizen just surpassed 10m in funding for a single month

:reddit: The closer all the 2012 backers get to retirement, the more money they have to spend.
:saddowns: It hurts, stop.

:reddit: Backer since 2013 and I have really felt a large influx of newcomers, many appearing to be from their teens and 20s, as opposed to what it was for a long time, the 30s and 40s+. It's good to see but I am a tiny bit concerned their expectations aren't on the same spectrum as what is being planned, for example I sometimes get the feeling some of the newcomers are thinking this is some expanded Call of Duty game set in space.

Operation Rexshilla succesfl! :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol @ at the idea that Squadron 42 beta is suppose to be out in the next 6 months. Calling it right now, it will not be out in 2020.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ggangensis posted:

I think it’s a bit of a different problem.

The Frankfurt office still employs a lot of their CryEngine wizards. They continue to modify and augment their bastardized engine, hence the incremental visual improvements. 3.8 looks a lot better than 3.0. The addition of weather systems is lovely and novel. They’re building tools to procedurally generate space stations and performing other acts of engine wizardry that create the appearance of forward progress. It is forward progress of a superficial kind.

Chris and his Crytek team are shackled to each other. Chris needs them quite badly, so that he can dazzle his megawhales with stuff like the latest Squadron teaser. And the Crywizards need Chris every bit as badly, because their expertise has far less value outside of CIG. They were already in dire straits when Chris hired them. Now, there’s hardly anywhere else to go but Amazon Game Studios, where they would be even less safe, even less special.

So Chris and his Crywizards are handcuffed to each other, and to Star Citizen and their only way forward is down. Dig deeper they must because they can’t climb out and there isn’t anywhere else to go.

Even so, Chris + the Crywizards doth not a studio make. There is only so much they can do when they’re strong on stuff like rendering tech yet weak on so much else. Their weaknesses were only full display in every Squadron slice and teaser they’ve put out. Sure, the Holiday 2017 slice looked prettier than the Morrow Tour, but neither looked like a game. There’s no a single thrilling moment to be had in an hour and a half between them. The new teaser offers even LESS in this regard. It’s just the latest Frankenengine show reel.

When Red Dead 2 started putting out early teasers (all of which were beautiful), the real excitement came from imagining what all one could do in the game. The world looked amazing and brimming with experiences to be had. Same with the Cyberpunk slice, and with most “early look” stuff from innovative studios. Not so with Squadron. Long rear end stretches of boring monologues, and what little combat their 2017 slice served up looked both boring AND fake. Chris and the Crywizards have had twice as much time and probably five times the dev budget, and they can’t even hope to catch up to a mission like this from Infinite Warfare.

They’ve got a lovely dead verse to walk around in. They’ve got lots of celebrity characters spewing boring space pulp monologues. They can make an interactive movie with the tech they’ve cobbled together, and it might look pretty lovely in stretches. But they don’t have what it takes to make a game, only dull commercials and teasers for one. Which is why that’s all we’ve really seen of Squadron since 2015.

Chris can’t admit that he’s been bluffing this whole time. Can’t admit he’s made a hopeless botch of what should’ve been a cakewalk for him and his old Starlancer crew. He can’t admit that he can’t compete with even 2016 console titles, let alone whatever is coming in 2020. So he’s stuck, just as his Cryguys are stuck, adding refinements to superficialities. He will do what he’s always done, make arrangements to buy more time, so he can postpone whatever comes next when they prove they don’t know how to make the single player game they’ve been advertising for 7 years.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Engine wizards don't make a game.

Not even programming wizards.

Even Carmack fell to this foley.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

G0RF posted:

I think it’s a bit of a different problem.

The Frankfurt office still employs a lot of their CryEngine wizards. They continue to modify and augment their bastardized engine, hence the incremental visual improvements. 3.8 looks a lot better than 3.0. The addition of weather systems is lovely and novel. They’re building tools to procedurally generate space stations and performing other acts of engine wizardry that create the appearance of forward progress. It is forward progress of a superficial kind.

Chris and his Crytek team are shackled to each other. Chris needs them quite badly, so that he can dazzle his megawhales with stuff like the latest Squadron teaser. And the Crywizards need Chris every bit as badly, because their expertise has far less value outside of CIG. They were already in dire straits when Chris hired them. Now, there’s hardly anywhere else to go but Amazon Game Studios, where they would be even less safe, even less special.

So Chris and his Crywizards are handcuffed to each other, and to Star Citizen and their only way forward is down. Dig deeper they must because they can’t climb out and there isn’t anywhere else to go.

Even so, Chris + the Crywizards doth not a studio make. There is only so much they can do when they’re strong on stuff like rendering tech yet weak on so much else. Their weaknesses were only full display in every Squadron slice and teaser they’ve put out. Sure, the Holiday 2017 slice looked prettier than the Morrow Tour, but neither looked like a game. There’s no a single thrilling moment to be had in an hour and a half between them. The new teaser offers even LESS in this regard. It’s just the latest Frankenengine show reel.

When Red Dead 2 started putting out early teasers (all of which were beautiful), the real excitement came from imagining what all one could do in the game. The world looked amazing and brimming with experiences to be had. Same with the Cyberpunk slice, and with most “early look” stuff from innovative studios. Not so with Squadron. Long rear end stretches of boring monologues, and what little combat their 2017 slice served up looked both boring AND fake. Chris and the Crywizards have had twice as much time and probably five times the dev budget, and they can’t even hope to catch up to a mission like this from Infinite Warfare.

They’ve got a lovely dead verse to walk around in. They’ve got lots of celebrity characters spewing boring space pulp monologues. They can make an interactive movie with the tech they’ve cobbled together, and it might look pretty lovely in stretches. But they don’t have what it takes to make a game, only dull commercials and teasers for one. Which is why that’s all we’ve really seen of Squadron since 2015.

Chris can’t admit that he’s been bluffing this whole time. Can’t admit he’s made a hopeless botch of what should’ve been a cakewalk for him and his old Starlancer crew. He can’t admit that he can’t compete with even 2016 console titles, let alone whatever is coming in 2020. So he’s stuck, just as his Cryguys are stuck, adding refinements to superficialities. He will do what he’s always done, make arrangements to buy more time, so he can postpone whatever comes next when they prove they don’t know how to make the single player game they’ve been advertising for 7 years.

I'am not sure how many of the old CryEngine wizards are still with CIG, though. At least for me it seems like a bad gig for them to stay with CIG. These people are clearly qualified I`am sure they could find another job in the industry pretty easily that's not some crowdfunded dead end with a pretty bad reputation. But as long as it pays the bills, who knows.

Your point with the rendering know how is interesting, though.The renderer probably is one of the parts of the engine that can be enhanced relatively easy without touching other systems, which might be the reason we see some minor progress there.
However, I still think that the engine foundation (netcode, physics, UI, resource management, animation systems, ....) is a byzantine mess at this point where too many people with too little experience made too many changes in too little time. Another question is how well documented and architecturally sane CryEngine was in the first place. In terms of a solid foundation we haven't seen any major steps, bugs from the 3.0 release are still present (and got worse) and won't be fixable without major overhauls or a flat out engine change.

On a side note, imagining going to work there every day, being tasked to fix one random bug out of thousands without the slightest idea which change introduced it, no tests to do meaningful bisection or even the knowledge that there is one source for that bug and not 10 changes done by different people that manifests just now is a nightmare, even without CR in the equation. These guys are fighting an uphill battle with no chance of winning.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

XK posted:

Masters of Doom was absolutely downright depressing in how Carmack worried about the dumbest loving poo poo and hurt his studio, his work and his own happiness worrying about it. He came down on Romero for being lazy during Quake and then the company never produced anything close ever again. And without Carmack, Romero and Tom Hall couldn't keep themselves on track.

An important lesson in how you can incredibly, world changing successful and completely lose the plot on how. If Id had stayed together they'd be one of the largest companies in the business now. And realizing Doom 3 was just what Tom Hall wanted to make originally highlights how Carmack did not really seem to have ideas.

Also the longest employed person at id is their office manager who is apparently still nice and still good at her job.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

:reddit: Star Citizen just surpassed 10m in funding for a single month

:reddit: The closer all the 2012 backers get to retirement, the more money they have to spend.
:saddowns: It hurts, stop.

:reddit: Backer since 2013 and I have really felt a large influx of newcomers, many appearing to be from their teens and 20s, as opposed to what it was for a long time, the 30s and 40s+. It's good to see but I am a tiny bit concerned their expectations aren't on the same spectrum as what is being planned, for example I sometimes get the feeling some of the newcomers are thinking this is some expanded Call of Duty game set in space.

Operation Rexshilla succesfl! :homebrew:

The slowly dawning realization that is going to happen when older backers discover they won't get the game they dreamt of as CIG shift towards pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

XK posted:

Of course he did. Carmack is twerp who probably couldn't take a single chairshot to the dome from Mrs. Foley's baby boy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Agony Aunt posted:

The slowly dawning realization that is going to happen when older backers discover they won't get the game they dreamt of as CIG shift towards pandering to the lowest common denominator.
The game that isn't going to happen isn't going to happen anyway

They might blame them for allusions to trend seeking, though

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Random guesses why sq42 might have been delayed

- the script is terrible! What do I pay you lore writers for! Fix it for me.

- the gameplay is terrible! Add these mission types I’ve seen in recent successful games.

- the gun fighting is terrible! What do you mean Star Marine was just a hack to shut up Derek Smart and the only other gunplay code is dependent on our buggy server code?!

- you call these planets? The players demand the ability to get lost hours away from their objective in a featureless procgen world.

- you call this a flight model? Adzadama has been sending me sobbing voicemails for years now.

- the a.i. Is terrible! Make it more lethal.

- the a.i. is too lethal! QA testers are trapped in an infinite loop of the gameover space funeral cutscene and the realistic 20 minute travel times.

- these visuals are pretty good... for a 2012 game! Refactor everything!

- months worth of expensive movie quality performance capture of AAA stars didn’t export into lightwave properly and the order and naming conventions are totally incomprehensible. Well, get to work postgrad interns.

- please animate my wife into a good actress.

- the vandull are supposed to be 15 ft tall! Make them able to dynamically walk through human submarine sized doors.

- what if sq42 was like a fully open world game but on multiple realistically sized planets?

- I’ve been effectively fired from this project. I guess it’s up to everybody else to turn my vision into a successful video game franchise now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did they release a thing? there are 30k people watching this game on twitch

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
Calling it now, they will take the same shortcut as Darkfall and simply reskin human male and female models with slightly modified "alien" skins. This way they don't have to refactor every drat interactable piece and environment in the game. The faithful will rejoice after they see the first "alien" and will completely forget about the years of generated lore.

monkeytek fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 27, 2019

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

monkeytek posted:

Calling it now, they will take the same shortcut as Darkfall and simply reskin human male and female models with slightly modified "alien" skins. This way they don't have to refactor ever drat interactable piece and environment in the game. The faithful will rejoice after they see the first "alien" and will completely forget about the years of generated lore.

This isn't fidelitous.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pixelate posted:

Short Citizen :allears:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

XK posted:

This isn't fidelitous.

I'm going to need you to clarify that, because that dude's post read like some poo poo pulled straight out of a time machine. If it were a Spartan warrior its name would be fidelitous maximus. Like the leader of Cuba drinking some chai and being contemplative, it was serious Fidel tea.

I'm not mad at you, but you're not making sense. Do you need a rub?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

G0RF posted:

Just to underline this, a list of recent-ish CryEngine games:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - The current highest-profile game using the engine (next to Star Citizen), released last year but received some DLC in 2019
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts - Fourth entry in the franchise, one of the few success stories
Prey - Yes, for some reason Arkane did not use Unreal for this one, also a 2017 game
Hunt: Showdown - CryTek's own game, out of early access this year
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Early access since 2016
SNOW - Out of early access this year
Monster Hunter Online - Don't ask, technically not Capcom's decision since this game is run by Tencent (also a 2015 game)
Pandemic Express - Out of early access in 2019
Vanguard: Normandy 1944 - Started early access in 2019
Miscreated - Actually left early access in late December 2018 but I'll let it slide
Heathen: The Sons of the Law - Early access in 2018, supposedly abandoned
Racing Glider - Also a 2018 early access indie game, but doesn't look like it'll get finished
The Cursed Forest - Commercial release of an older mod, ported to CryEngine

There is very little demand for CryEngine expertise in the industry.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Pixelate posted:

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Lalafell

Its loving crazy they added lalafells to the game before either their space-cats, space-turtles, or space-birds.

I know ones called the xian but I honestly forgot the rest of their names. Yet I can still remember the name of a random FF14 race that's only positive note is they can fit even small office trashcans (where they belong).

gooser422
Oct 27, 2015

is this game worth buying for $60?

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

ErrEff posted:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - The current highest-profile game using the engine (next to Star Citizen), released last year but received some DLC in 2019
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts - Fourth entry in the franchise, one of the few success stories
Prey - Yes, for some reason Arkane did not use Unreal for this one, also a 2017 game
Monster Hunter Online - Don't ask, technically not Capcom's decision since this game is run by Tencent (also a 2015 game)
Miscreated - Actually left early access in late December 2018 but I'll let it slide
Racing Glider - Also a 2018 early access indie game, but doesn't look like it'll get finished

I didn't know Wolcen was a Cryengine game, but I guess that explains why it's taking them so loving long to finish it.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

gooser422 posted:

no but it is for $27,000 $36,000

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MilesK posted:

- the vandull are supposed to be 15 ft tall! Make them able to dynamically walk through human submarine sized doors.

Do you know how cool this effect could be if anyone other than Chris Roberts were in charge of this project? Having these big dudes pull a cronenberg body horror approach as they climb effortlessly through holes their bodies seem far too big for, like a spider or octopus. Very good fertile ground here for making the species unpredictable, alien, and feel hard or impossible to contain.

But Chris Roberts, so "spears also keys for ships."

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

gooser422 posted:

Sorry no games here. But all dollars accepted.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Do you know how cool this effect could be if anyone other than Chris Roberts were in charge of this project? Having these big dudes pull a cronenberg body horror approach as they climb effortlessly through holes their bodies seem far too big for, like a spider or octopus. Very good fertile ground here for making the species unpredictable, alien, and feel hard or impossible to contain.

But Chris Roberts, so "spears also keys for ships."

The entity known as 'IT' already did that, with a fridge. :)

"Time to float"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Inacio posted:

It's just a pledge.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Inacio posted:

It’s a worthwhile donation to the most humble charity known as Roberts Space Industries, which does amazing work. 100% of your donations go straight towards allowing a washed-up paunchy 50 year old idiot to pretend he’s an entertainment mogul while he lives in a 4.5 million dollar mansion in LA.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

peter gabriel posted:

He said it would speed things up.
I love everything about this game, I desperately want it to release and watch the meltdowns as 4/10 after 4/10 review comes in.
That'll be the real pay off to me, when the Angry Joes and Jim Sterlings and all the other unwashed twats of the internet have open season on the thing,

In before their mental gymnastics explain why the reviews are wrong, biased and don’t understand the concept of SC+SQ42 and why 4/10 is proof of a 10/10 because SC+SQ don’t cater the mainstream, and stellar game concepts always get bad ratings.

After several questions why SQ42 just looks like a generic Titanfall, Destiny and Mass Effect reskin, the Citizens will explain why these questions are idiotic and serious sign of major lack of understanding game development.

The sc reddit will find constructed reasons why a mediocre SQ42 CH 1 actually is a GOTC contender and rightfully needed 10 years of development for a game that 50 people studios could have delivered in 2-3 years max for 5% of the fundings.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

“FAZIL KAUUL ASKS: WHAT IS THE IN-GAME BANKING STRUCTURE GOING TO BE LIKE, NOT MUCH HAS REALLY BEEN MENTIONED ABOUT IT (OR I’VE MISSED IT), DO WE GET IN GAME STATEMENTS, HOW DO YOU ‘WIRE’ CREDITS TO OTHER CITIZENS…

Well, it’s the future, you don’t need in-game statements, you’ll have your electronic balance as part of your characters mobiGlas app, so it’ll be one of the… we’ll probably brand it under some form of future bank in the Star Citizen Universe, but you’d be able to look up, see what your balance in Credits is, so that’d be your equivalent of in-game statements. Wiring credits to other citizens, we are going to allow some level of transfer of money between players, but it’ll probably be limited like it would be in the real world here. You can’t just willy-nilly wire lots of money to people without having documentation for that, and there are things like wire fees and all the rest. We haven’t fully figured out the mechanics of players trading cash between each other, because there are some ways the system can be abused if people abuse the people are trading, or giving each other cash, and also the transfer of cash itself, in the game system, is going to be based on the reality of the system. It’s not like you instantly transfer an asset or money to someone, and then they instantly have it on the other side of the galaxy. For instance if I was going to trade one of my ships, and it’s an in-game ship, I’d actually have to get my ship to the person I was giving it to, or he would have to come pick it up. And we’re hoping there’ll be gameplay revolving around that, where people will be transporting other people’s ships, or they’ll take a job to transfer someone to deliver it to the person that’s buying it, so on some level I think cash and money transactions will be slightly the same, we haven’t figured out all the mechanics of that, but we’re going to try to take some leads from what happens in the real world, and also use that to sort of help create some gameplay.”

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It can't be overstated that there isn't really any world where SQ42 delivers on being anything but just another FPS campaign. By Crobbers' own words, they're not trying to innovate in any way except "make it bigly". Nobody talks about delivering a gameplay experience that's fresh. The Star Wars/Lucas comparison is apt, but at least Lucas is capable of delivering finished products

Like imagine getting this invested for this many years in a Modern Warfare campaign. Can't wait to aim down some motherfuckin sights!!!

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Geez, this game is more like a Shart Shitizen, if you know what I mean.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

ErrEff posted:

Interesting list.
It seems incredibly hard to develop a robust game using CryEngine outside of its FPS boundaries since the only games that were successful were exactly that: Story driven single player games or smaller PvP games with ~10 players. And Kingdom Come: Deliverance felt janky as hell and also Prey had its fair share of glitches, but both were good games I've enjoyed.

In a way it's funny to observe this whole mess from afar (at least I've got my pennies worth, one way or another). A bunch of people led by an incompetent moron, backed by even more moronic people that provide near endless financial resources, trying to build a plane out of stone whilst celebrating themselves because it has never been done before.

I really hope for the SQ42 beta in 2020, it will be pure, janky comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

ggangensis posted:

Interesting list.
It seems incredibly hard to develop a robust game using CryEngine outside of its FPS boundaries since the only games that were successful were exactly that: Story driven single player games or smaller PvP games with ~10 players. And Kingdom Come: Deliverance felt janky as hell and also Prey had its fair share of glitches, but both were good games I've enjoyed.

In a way it's funny to observe this whole mess from afar (at least I've got my pennies worth, one way or another). A bunch of people led by an incompetent moron, backed by even more moronic people that provide near endless financial resources, trying to build a plane out of stone whilst celebrating themselves because it has never been done before.

I really hope for the SQ42 beta in 2020, it will be pure, janky comedy.

bro you should make a wacky gif of that fat guy dancing