Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Yeah but like, it looks cool, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i was a library science major.

ive seen worse.

shame on an IGA posted:

Oh my loving god

It'll probably burn before the lawyers get a piece, the ventilation plan is literally "hey let's make the entire building full of dry paper a giant chimney flue" :nfpa:

https://transsolar.com/projects/cornell-fine-arts-library

this is honestly whats best for keeping that level of paper together. One of the biggest struggles for big collections is keeping poo poo dry, clean, and mold-free. A lot of that cost is prolly put into air circulation and filtering, because that collection is worth a shitload.

plus, these are stacks. these are meant for low-circulation items mainly for storage. not for really general browsing and stuff.

the safety poo poo like stretchers not fitting in the elevator or the look up see undies design is hosed up.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kesper North posted:

I mean yes she specializes in designing slaughterhouses BUT STILL

So she should be designing schools?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

:drat:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

100 Gold Start families are suing Defense Contractors because they paid off the Taliban to leave their buisiness interests alone, thereby funding the Taliban

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/28/792065458/gold-star-families-sue-defense-contractors-alleging-they-funded-the-taliban

Lol at the idea of anyone enforcing it, but isnt that also a clear Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violation?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

McNally posted:

Some highlights:

You forgot the quote from the designer/ r/upskirt moderator.

quote:

Tschapeller also told Metropolis Magazine that addressing the modesty concerns with by covering up the see-through floors would “literally destroy the project.”

LITERALLY
DESTROYED!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm afraid of heights and that whole design seems...unfortunate.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

CommieGIR posted:

100 Gold Start families are suing Defense Contractors because they paid off the Taliban to leave their buisiness interests alone, thereby funding the Taliban

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/28/792065458/gold-star-families-sue-defense-contractors-alleging-they-funded-the-taliban

Hope this at least gets to discovery. poo poo's gonna burn.

buried in the end of the article

quote:

A related lawsuit, filed Friday on behalf of Gold Star families and dozens of veterans, accuses the Iranian government of providing material support to al-Qaeda and the Taliban, including weapons, funding and training. "As it did in Iraq, we believe the Iranian government's activities in Afghanistan helped enable anti-American terror on a massive scale," said Josh Branson, a partner at the Washington-based Kellogg Hansen law firm, which is one of the firms representing the families.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

C.M. Kruger posted:

LITERALLY
DESTROYED!

okay this is an absolute nightmare from a firefighting perspective: the fire can spread easily and there's also no way to limit water damage.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Brute Squad posted:

We're gonna win the War on Terror in American courtrooms. MAGA

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Milo and POTUS posted:

lmao :golfclap:

There is actually a Temple Grandin School, but it's run by sham charity Autism Speaks and has no relationship with her that I'm aware of.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Brute Squad posted:

I am shocked. SHOCKED! That cash is being exchanged for security in GWOT 2001-20**. Pacification through cash injection became the mission once everyone realized de-baathification maybe did more harm than good. As if cash could ever possibly address either or both the TRUE BELIEVER and the NATIVE HOSTAGE. I'd blame Kilcullen, or Petraeus' interpretation of Kilcullen, but it's been a long time since I read him and I don't want to loving read anything right now to double-check.

Anyways. Only a loving rube would think there's an actionable difference between payoffs by Uncle Sam and payoffs by the howling, all-consuming international corporate void-entity operating the Uncle Sam skinsuit. 'MURIKA's wet-eyed cries for war against FUGGIN MOOS-LIMS sealed the fate of all those unfortunate sons splattered across contracted gravel- SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT FROM FALLUJAH TO MARJAH. But everyone wants a loving handout and nobody wants to take goddamn ownership.

BLOOD (AND CAPITAL) MUST FLOW. SUPPORT THE TROOPS (gently grasps the next generation of dumb gently caress soldiers' arm holding lil' made-in-china flag, waves it at the camera)

... So how was yall's holiday.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Isn’t this basically Warfighting in late stage capitalism.txt? Outsource all your supply and support needs to save costs, and then you end up relying on the very people you’re bombing to smithereens. Of course they want to continue profiting so they’ll prolong the war as long as possible. Taliban saw this long before the US, while Americans binge on stories about heroic navy SEALs. Win-win for the taliban and military industrial complex.

Waging wars should be costlier. Bring back the draft.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That library looks like an amazon fulfillment center, except amazon puts down floor panels so carts can roll smoothly.

gently caress were those morons thinking.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

CIA dudes in September of 2001 and a helicopter full of cash for the northern alliance

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

We paid local militias a shitload of money for a bunch of stuff. Pretty sure we paid the local warlord just for having us over for dinner one time (and by “us” I mean the CO, 1sgt, and a PL — everyone else pulled security outside).

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I wonder what would have happened if you'd offer to barter with egg MREs instead.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kesper North posted:

I wonder what would have happened if you'd offer to barter with egg MREs instead.

Ultimately they'd be pardoned I imagine

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ultimately they'd be pardoned I imagine

:perfect:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Cornell U. spent 22 million dollars on a library with no enclosed space and three stories of grate decking.

https://cornellsun.com/2019/11/17/form-over-function-newly-renovated-fine-arts-library-accused-of-prioritizing-design-over-people/

The Grover Memorial Library

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
As I understand it, this isn’t a library for general circulation books. It’s the stacks.

Still dumb as all hell, or at least seems to be.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

As I understand it, this isn’t a library for general circulation books. It’s the stacks.

It is dumb af

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

remember there's brain geniuses in this very thread who think the NYT is a left leaning newspaper

its only left leaning because of *leans in close* manufacturing consent

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I've been in more college libraries than GiP posters have had TBIs and let me tell you this is a loving awful design for a library on every single conceivable level.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

It's like the architect saw the King's Library Tower part of the British Library and wanted to do their own version, and failing miserably.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I hated that level in goldeneye

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Finally I can do research while pretending I'm in the atmosphere processor from Aliens.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Speaking of awful designs, please take a guess what type of building this is without the help of GIS:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

candy corn factory

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Gulag.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Speaking of awful designs, please take a guess what type of building this is without the help of GIS:

That's the Software Development Studio that made Factorio right?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

german holiday park

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I used GIS just now and I am not at all surprised by the truth, only by which Germany it was built in.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It IS Prora, right?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Disney animation forced labor camp?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

BigDave posted:

Disney animation forced labor camp?

Has windows

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
The interior is pretty awesome though, beats any American hospital I've been in

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Hekk posted:

That's the Software Development Studio that made Factorio right?

that was my guess too.

interior looks they cranked the hue straight to G.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Suicide Watch posted:

The interior is pretty awesome though, beats any American hospital I've been in

Yeah, hilarious exterior aside, it's apparently not just the largest hospital in Europe, but also one of the most modern in the world after renovation and upgrading.
I'm fairly sure it pops up in the wet dreams of logistics information systems majors very frequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The giant clock really sells it as a Gilliamesque nightmare.