Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Augus posted:

my favorite fate character is Ishtar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KdQ7Gig770

Thank you for bringing this back. Ishtar is the hero we need right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Archer666 posted:

One of the fan wads for DOOM had the cursed Astolfo plushie... which does exactly what you expect it to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRZzprh7nLQ

Reminds me of this video someone posted of ridiculous doom mods including that one and others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asb9MqasVAU&hd=1

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ObGzt27K6Y&hd=1

Quinton looks at the past ten years through internet memes.

I didn't know that "E" was an actual meme until I looked it up on KnowYourMeme. I thought Quinton was making that up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Archer666 posted:

One of the fan wads for DOOM had the cursed Astolfo plushie... which does exactly what you expect it to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRZzprh7nLQ

Hopefully giving this a modicrum of context doesn't just make this more confusing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

This is some Dumbledore was gay level poo poo.
the difference is fate actually has gay/bi characters just, in context. nero literally just says shes bi in fate/extra, gil has romance with both a male and female player character in fate/extra ccc, Rin is textually bi in the original VN and this is actually addressed in the narrative, Fergus outright says he's bi in FGO, so on and so forth. so saying one character is also bi in side material is pretty different from 'dumbledore is gay,' because harry potter sure didn't have multiple explicitly bi characters. Like if you don't like it just say you don't like it, don't make stuff up. I don't care if someone thinks it's lame but misinfo does actually annoy me.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 31, 2019

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
In the new year I'm quitting smoking at parties so that I can make a baby with my husband but the greatest resolution will be quitting this thread where people ache because they can't enjoy the works of people who have dehumanised my ethnicity, so much that it borders on calling us animals, without someone telling them that it's kind of hosed up (you can literally enjoy it and just not talk about it with certain people you loving baby). I also won't have to read anymore wordy Bob protector man novels so 2020 is going to be pretty good. Happy new year!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Sarcopenia posted:

I also won't have to read anymore wordy Bob protector man novels so 2020 is going to be pretty good. Happy new year!

To be fair that's only one guy, who should really be banned from the forums so that he can be restricted to only having 280 characters to suck off his incredibly lovely heroes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

moviebob is bad, but anime... anime is very good

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Endorph posted:

Something something eugenics isn't bad movieblob

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Endorph posted:

:hai:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
But what if.... moviebob was anime?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

animebob

remember a few years ago when an anime had AVGN and the nostalgia critic in a shot?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i assure you there are many youtubers who are essentially 'moviebob but for anime'.

The only anime youtuber I really follow is ErnyCerise's history of magical girls series, some of her jokes are a little forced but the information is all very nice to have and fairly well presented, if you wanna hear about magical girl anime from the 60s/70s.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Thompsons posted:

J's Reviews with a retrospective on season 1 of Batman Beyond, probably the only Darker and Edgier cartoon from then that actually pulled it off well.

Oh hey and going back to media's obsession with legacies and bloodlines, there was that weird BB epilogue they tacked onto Justice League where it turns out Terry was genetically engineered to be Batman 2 and it was dumb as gently caress.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Inque was good too. I actually really liked seeing the relics of Bruce's rogues gallery and what happened to them in forty years. Fries had his life ruined, Bane destroyed himself and R'as possessed his daughter when his body was destroyed.

While I love the show I always found it funny that they explicitly started with the ground rule of no repeats of classic villains and then pretty much broke that rule after about 2 and a half villains.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Anime owns

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Endorph posted:

:hmmyes:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Animowns

watho
Aug 2, 2013

animeow

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This good to talk about and certainly much more appropriate than weird dumb Japanese cartoons. Curio's really building a small yet very entertaining brand. I liked her take on 'Ron Weasly is not as dumb as he is in the movies' and didn't know Gotham yielded such a bounty crop of comedy. What helps is in all cases, Curios likes the things she talks about so it's a roast instead of a rib, which is usually always better.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Sarcopenia posted:

In the new year I'm quitting smoking at parties so that I can make a baby with my husband but the greatest resolution will be quitting this thread where people ache because they can't enjoy the works of people who have dehumanised my ethnicity, so much that it borders on calling us animals, without someone telling them that it's kind of hosed up (you can literally enjoy it and just not talk about it with certain people you loving baby). I also won't have to read anymore wordy Bob protector man novels so 2020 is going to be pretty good. Happy new year!

0_0

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

JonTron reference, presumably.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i'm glad someone put solseraph on their worst games list, holy gently caress that thing is awful

and it's made by fuckin ace team, a dev that has a history of making great poo poo, so i dunno what the gently caress happened with that game. maybe it's because ace team usually comes up with their own insane weird poo poo so when they tried to make something that was a spiritual successor to something made by someone else they didn't know what to do with themselves or some poo poo, i dunno, all that matters is solseraph is a trash fire.
It's a shame, ActRaiser deserves a good spiritual successor like Castlevania had with Bloodstained. I re-watched the review Jim did for SolSeraph and he was also surprised that Ace Team developed it, and a little surprised that Sega published it.

It's such a simple concept, how do you gently caress it up so badly?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

whats a good anime

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats a good anime

Get Backers.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats a good anime

A dead one.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats a good anime

unironically Natsume Yuujinchou.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

At the very least Fate deserves props for, after rehabbing Nero Caesar, Francis Drake, and loving Elizabeth Bathory, looking at Christopher Columbus and still saying "actually, gently caress this guy entirely" and somehow being one of the very few works to portray him as just as much of an unvarnished piece of poo poo as he actually was historically

I can't speak for the anime, but the mobile app has surprisingly good writing/localization; I know that makes it the summer school valedictorian by gacha game standards it is nice to actually have writing that isn't just a flat translation. As a sucker for these games it's one of the few that I don't feel the need to skip through the dialogue as fast as possible.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats a good anime

Ninja Scroll

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats a good anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_Mbvu6eTE

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Flying Witch.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

All incorrect answers

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats a good anime

parasyte
jojo

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats a good anime

A miserable pile of secrets

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats a good anime

Gargoyles?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats a good anime

Perfect Blue

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Anything by Satoshi Kon.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Hinamatsuri

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Alfred J. Kwak

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Yu-Gi-Oh, but only the first season and only when experienced not by watching it but through recess whisperings and rumors, and vague episode summaries that seem just too violent and edgy to be true yet somehow are - not that you have any way to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Astro Fighter Sunred