Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Oh hey look at that I did remember to put one in! I had thought I put a card with my username but I either forgot or it was caught under a fold in the box. I'm glad you enjoyed the gifts Synthetic Dreams!

You did, but I didn't know if you'd be cool with me putting attention on you for the gifts you sent me. It made me very anxious to ponder, lolz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My Santa came through!

They got me a really, really nice journal, a couple beer coozies, a pig ear for my dog Ruby and a couple catnip mice for my cat Penelope. Thank you, Santa!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Penelope really loves her present. She'd thank her Santa if she could.

https://i.imgur.com/RzlXwDV.gifv

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Canned Panda posted:

My Santa apologized for being late/sick/lazy and sent me an Amazon gift card to make up for it until they can get to the post office.

Santa told me to buy something useless, but I bought a larger SD card for my Switch instead. :colbert:

Anyway, THANKS SANTA!

UPDATE: I got a delivery from Amazon today that was supposed to be my SD card, and in a manner totally befitting SASSmas, the padded mailer was completely empty (still sealed).

There is supposed to be another one on the way.

plasticbugs
Dec 13, 2006

Special Batman and Robin
I have to apologize to my Santa, Cone of Tragedy for not posting sooner. I was on vacation in Mexico with my family and our 5 month old got croup and we had to go to the hospital in Puerto Vallarta with our dehydrated baby. Then, to make things worse, she got turista (the shits) from the water even though we were being really careful and washing all her stuff with bottled water. Anyway, once she was hydrated and well enough to travel, I came back to California with her by myself which allowed the rest of the family to actually have some semblance of a vacation without sick and sad baby.

You'll be glad to hear that baby plasticbugs is on the mend. I got a decent nap in this afternoon and it's FINALLY time to crack open the package of untold oddities from my internet Santa.

Until opening this package, I somehow managed to go 10+ years of SASS without receiving any figurative or literal bees. Cone of Tragedy made sure that record would not continue into another decade.

This was first to spill out of the package.

A bee hat! Contrary to what it looks like in the movies, it does get cold in CA. 54 F. IS. COLD. and we do wear knitted hats, especially when we go skiing in our shorts in Tahoe.

A card! Santa has been reading my posts it seems...

You'll be glad to know that I do not, as far as I can tell, have a tapeworm. God bless the goon doctors of this forum for looking at pictures of my wife's suspected (and confirmed!) tapeworm and doling out free medical advice.

Next up, a wrapped item with a note:

I will 100% watch this the next time I'm feeling like I want to see Tom Hanks practice dentistry on himself. I don't think I've ever seen Castaway in better-than-DVD quality, so this will be a treat!

I love moldy old video games and this is right up my alley: a smooshy Atari joystick stress ball thing!

Very cute and I expect my toddler will eventually find this and make it his.

This next item seemed completely random but then I realized my Santa is quite a clever snooper.

A bobble-head Funko Pop Iron Man keychain! This is the first ever Funko item to Trojan horse its way into my house. Well done.

A while back, I posted in the "I never watched a single Avengers movie" thread, but I recalled seeing an Iron Man while on vacation in France with my wife. To this day, I still don't know if that counts.
Since then, I have enjoyed a Black Panther and mostly hated a Wonder Woman. Maybe it's just DC comic book movies that I don't like?

This cute bee wind sock thing is currently flapping in the breeze on my deck.

And finally, this Mega Bloks TMNT figure which had WAY more tiny parts and assembly steps than the small package seemed to contain.

Here's Leonardo fully assembled, complete with skateboard and katanas. This will make for an excellent desk accessory.

I'm not sure what I did to deserve getting so spoiled by my generous and thoughtful santa Cone of Tragedy, but thank you so much. It was really fun to dig into this package and relieve a fair amount of my holiday stresses.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
can I just say that the Calm.jpg card is the best card I've ever seen?

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010

karms posted:

It took 9 days of shipping to get it across a huge ocean, yet 13 for the delivery. Madness!

I'm so glad you liked it! After going through all the gifts It might be a bit more sinterklaas-y than christmassy than I wanted. :doh:
Anyway, I realized after sending the package I did not provide an explanation in the box, so here it is instead:

Cecil made it! My boy, my beautiful boy!

You liked tea, so I got you some. :)

It was difficult to find any christmas/bee/:geert: themed dog stuff, too difficult in fact, so I defaulted to ~random things~. I've never met a dog that does not go berserk for those strips so I figured it makes up for that.

I tried to find them in your size.

Another Dutch thing. A decorative plate is super cheezy, but I love it just the same. I'm so happy you like 'em too! They were a thrift shop find (along with the clogs, tins, spoon, cd, and dvd). I love that thrift shop.

Advocaat flavored Toffee candy. Advocaat is a dutch dairy based alcoholic beverage. (Not unlike eggnogg? Never had eggnog.) I don't think you can find this flavor anywhere else.

What's better than a bar of chocolate? How about 100% slave free chocolate! Which brings us to...

.. this fucken thing. This is not a Dutch christmas chocolate but a sinterklaas chocolate picturing a jovial black pete. Well it was, until it crossed the borders. Now it's a hate crime. You're welcome!

Now sinterklaas and christmas are two different things, but seeing as this is somewhat of a cultural exchange I added a few sinterklaas stuff.

That's a plastic container trying to masquerade as a burlap sack, the traditional way gifts for the kids come in during sinterklaas. The real one is also slightly bigger.

THE quintessential cookie of sinterklaas: the kruidnoten!

The other quintessential cookie of sinterklaas: speculaas! You might recognize these as cookie butter; this is the cookie they, uh, buttered.

These used to hold a specific candy called Babbelaars. These are hard butter-flavored candy but, sadly, they did not survive the decades. Those kids are probably grandparents by now.

Ah, the good stuff. This is licorice. Good licorice. Not that strange gummy stuff North America thinks licorice is. No wonder you people hate it, you never had the real poo poo. I've ordered these by weight class: dubbeldekkers are easy, griotten medium, and kokindjes for a real challenge. Kokindjes are my favorite and I can eat a whole bag without stopping, and that's mostly because I can't stop. I require feedback on how well you did. And hey; maybe you'll really like them! You never know. A great thing to experience with friends!

Remember when you fight the final boss in an rpg, but then a second, bigger boss arrives and you have to fight them too? This is that. This is my favorite favorite, forget about kokindjes. The nordics in this thread will understand.

This is a cute spoon with a depiction of paleis Soestdijk, the palace of the royal family. They have a few, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igcE3LUqjzI

Doesn't this face immediately make you want to party? I sure do! Sugar Lee Hooper has a megafone for a voicebox and the outfit to match. "Oh wat ben je mooi" Was one of my favorites as a child and still bangs today. 🎶 Oh! What bin juh moi!

Saved the worst for last. Did you know that every year these pieten get in to all kinds of problems before sinterklaas? And they create a tv show around this? And have spin off straight-to-dvd escapades? I did not. And I wish I didn't. I'm serious, this is probably the worst "movie" you will ever see. I suggest a few friends and a lot of alcohol. This is triple hate-crime.

Oh this makes so much more sense now, thank you!

I have given Cecil a place of honour in my home. I'm still not sure he doesn't eat souls. I shall sacrifice some unloved cousins to him to be sure. He is currently perched on some books sitting in judgment of my poor work ethic as I procrastine against a deadline. :) Also update, I didn't give my dogs the toys until their visitor had gone home so they only had to share with each other. They highly approved, and also somehow have not murdered seemling such delicate toys. You are in fact a Holiday Wizard.

I was super excited about the Sinterklaas heavy theme.

And thank you!!! I've been wondering what the hell Advocaat tasted like for years. Other than knowing of its existence I don't think I've ever lived in a place where it was available before. But as a 30 something white lady I feel this would definitely be a favourite if I can ever get my grubby little hands on it :) You're amazing!

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
THINGS arrived from Canada, like CREAM CARAMELS and SOAP. THANK YOU SANTA.

Pictures incoming as soon as my camera charges.

Iymarra fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 5, 2020

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Slightly Used Cake is my Canadian Santa! :canada:

So many gifts to open!

First we have this piece of chocolate monies, which was basically the size of my hand:

I started nibbling on this chocolate while I went on to opening the rest. Next gift is a lovely stitched scarf, made with sustainable wool. (This is so incredibly soft and since opening this gift I've had to be careful where I leave it because one of my cats loves to loaf on it.

By now my eyes are pretty dilated from the sugar high:

MOAR CHOCOLATES. :dogcited:

Full on sugar coma at this point:

(This maple syrup has a delicious mouth feel and I've been enjoying it with my French toast.)

Despite being a lowly and undeserving Santee, Santa also included some awesome local lotions, fancy lavender soap and chap stick.

Thank you, Santa. I can't wait to use these. (Self care rules. :black101: )

And last but definitely not least, a hand written letter. Thank you so much for your note--I really enjoyed reading it!

I so appreciate you sending such a far away santee so many awesome gifts, Half Used Cake! I also received a lovely card in the mail with holiday well wishes! I hope this new year is a healthy and bright one for you, Santa!

Edit:

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your gift, Fat Kraken. May this little guy turn out to be a whimsical muse for you and your creativity!

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 4, 2020

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Slightly Used Cake is my Canadian Santa! :canada:

So many gifts to open!

First we have this piece of chocolate monies, which was basically the size of my hand:

I started nibbling on this chocolate while I went on to opening the rest. Next gift is a lovely stitched scarf, made with sustainable wool. (This is so incredibly soft and since opening this gift I've had to be careful where I leave it because one of my cats loves to loaf on it.

By now my eyes are pretty dilated from the sugar high:

MOAR CHOCOLATES. :dogcited:

Full on sugar coma at this point:

(This maple syrup has a delicious mouth feel and I've been enjoying it with my French toast.)

Despite being a lowly and undeserving Santee, Santa also included some awesome local lotions, fancy lavender soap and chap stick.

Thank you, Santa. I can't wait to use these. (Self care rules. :black101: )

And last but definitely not least, a hand written letter. Thank you so much for your note--I really enjoyed reading it!

I so appreciate you sending such a far away santee so many awesome gifts, Half Used Cake! I also received a lovely card in the mail with holiday well wishes! I hope this new year is a healthy and bright one for you, Santa!

Edit:

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your gift, Fat Kraken. May this little guy turn out to be a whimsical muse for you and your creativity!

Sorry for the diabetes, but also I know our Girl Guide cookies are different, but equal. I'm glad I gave your cat a lovely gift because dammit they're people too! Merry Christmas!!!

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Some pictures came in.

Thank you anonymous canadian santa!

Pictured, maple syrup candies, homemade HECK YEAH cream caramels, SOAP, dragon magnets (heck yeah those are awesome) with two placemats and two motivational comradely keychains.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

UPDATE: I got a delivery from Amazon today that was supposed to be my SD card, and in a manner totally befitting SASSmas, the padded mailer was completely empty (still sealed).

Lol :(

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

peanut posted:

Canned Panda posted:

Lol :(

Sometimes, sassmas is only born through great and terrible struggle. :patriot:

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Canuckistan posted:

can I just say that the Calm.jpg card is the best card I've ever seen?

Yes

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What’s this?

A really badly censored box? What’s inside?

Oh yes, a bee staring at me.

A family of hand made bees! And one with a jolly Santa hat. Also a selection of local treats, including a tin of chilli - which my wife is looking forward to dumping on a hotdog.

The family of bees.

Bee closeup.

Thank you so much Scorpiobean, my kids love their little bees.

Pony Jabroni
Feb 27, 2016

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever
Welp. the worst has come to pass. was starting to worry because given the location id last heard from my santa, the package should have been here by now.

turns out it was delivered on the 26th. where it was delivered, or to whom received it, is a mystery. my only hope is my santa pulled through and filled it with angry, swarming bees.

that said, i did get an amazon giftcard to buy a movie so i didnt come out of this with bunk!! so thanks santa!! sorry i live in a sketch rear end neighborhood!!

edit: thanks santa for the recommendation for pride. definitely picked that up since it sounds amazing! and the rest went towards picking up the clue movie so i can finally own that fucker. thanks again santa!!!! this will definitely make being sick with the flu at the moment easier to deal with.

Pony Jabroni fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 5, 2020

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Iymarra posted:

Some pictures came in.

Thank you anonymous canadian santa!

Pictured, maple syrup candies, homemade HECK YEAH cream caramels, SOAP, dragon magnets (heck yeah those are awesome) with two placemats and two motivational comradely keychains.

Ah I am so relieved it made it, haha! I had to think for a while what I could do that was dragon-themed. I’d been making ornaments for the in-laws so I cut out some magnets and worked out what I am (generously) calling a dragon-scale coaster, haha. I wish I could remember what I put in the soap. But it’s natural, at least. Merry Christmas!!!

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.

Pony Jabroni posted:

Welp. the worst has come to pass. was starting to worry because given the location id last heard from my santa, the package should have been here by now.

turns out it was delivered on the 26th. where it was delivered, or to whom received it, is a mystery. my only hope is my santa pulled through and filled it with angry, swarming bees.

that said, i did get an amazon giftcard to buy a movie so i didnt come out of this with bunk!! so thanks santa!! sorry i live in a sketch rear end neighborhood!!

edit: thanks santa for the recommendation for pride. definitely picked that up since it sounds amazing! and the rest went towards picking up the clue movie so i can finally own that fucker. thanks again santa!!!! this will definitely make being sick with the flu at the moment easier to deal with.

Dear Pony Jabroni,

I am coming out of the chimney to reveal myself as your Santa and say 'Aaaaaarg!'.

I'd assumed I hadn't heard from you because you were busy, not because some bastard had stolen your parcel.  I got a notification saying: 'Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 4:14 pm on December 26, 2019 in [your town, state and zip code]' and the overall notice is 'Delivered, Left with Individual'.  I did actually pay for it to be signed-for but there is nothing to say it was - I'm trying to look in to it to see if there is any way to track who they might have given it to.  Is there any chance a nice neighbour might have taken it in for you an forgotten to give it over?

I will message you with the tracking number and description of the parcel as it might be easier for you to follow up with the USPS than me, given that I'm based in the UK, though I am happy to email and see if that gets us anywhere.

So sorry this happened on your first ever SASS.  I do have a (not very good) picture of the stuff I sent you (although not of stuff wrapped up or the parcel itself), but it's a bit depressing to show you that if you never actually get any of it.  :(  Am still clinging onto a slight hope that someone has just forgotten to pass it to you.

I'm glad you have been able to make positive use of the voucher at least.  And there were a couple of digital things relating to one of your gifts I'd put on a pendrive for you in the original parcel, so I can send those over by email if the main event remains a no show.

Glum regards,

Your (sad) Santa.

Pony Jabroni
Feb 27, 2016

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever

Hemlock posted:

Dear Pony Jabroni,

I am coming out of the chimney to reveal myself as your Santa and say 'Aaaaaarg!'.

I'd assumed I hadn't heard from you because you were busy, not because some bastard had stolen your parcel.  I got a notification saying: 'Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 4:14 pm on December 26, 2019 in [your town, state and zip code]' and the overall notice is 'Delivered, Left with Individual'.  I did actually pay for it to be signed-for but there is nothing to say it was - I'm trying to look in to it to see if there is any way to track who they might have given it to.  Is there any chance a nice neighbour might have taken it in for you an forgotten to give it over?

I will message you with the tracking number and description of the parcel as it might be easier for you to follow up with the USPS than me, given that I'm based in the UK, though I am happy to email and see if that gets us anywhere.

So sorry this happened on your first ever SASS.  I do have a (not very good) picture of the stuff I sent you (although not of stuff wrapped up or the parcel itself), but it's a bit depressing to show you that if you never actually get any of it.  :(  Am still clinging onto a slight hope that someone has just forgotten to pass it to you.

I'm glad you have been able to make positive use of the voucher at least.  And there were a couple of digital things relating to one of your gifts I'd put on a pendrive for you in the original parcel, so I can send those over by email if the main event remains a no show.

Glum regards,

Your (sad) Santa.

Oh, well now I'm just pissed. I sincerely doubt anyome signed for it, as I just saw the front apartment tenant today for the first time since before the holidays. I think both he and the girl upstairs were gone for much of, if not all of it. My apartment is in the very back of the house, so had the postman just plopped it back there it would have been fine. I don't know who would have signed for it otherwise much less a neighbor at another house which is just ????

I'll contact the post office tomorrow. I hadn't reached out sooner because I'd always try to reply on mobile, but the sassmas site hates it, and by the time I'd get home I'd have forgotten.

But no worries! I just feel bad all that stuff is lost to whoever nabbed the package. I was thinking of suggesting next year that people require a signature, but gently caress that I guess. I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow. Thank you though for everything!!

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Still nothing and no replies to SASS messages, so definitely nothing coming this year. I wonder if whoever it was was going to but got lazy/didn’t care enough to get around to it, or never planned to from the start. It seems like overall though mostly SASSmas went well for another year, with most people getting something, and lots of cool things at that!

My Santee’s package was delivered recently and there’s something else on the way, they haven’t posted but hopefully they’ll love both things!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Benny the Snake posted:

I have yet to get my gift. I hope it's on my way and it's not that my Santa has been negligent :sigh:

Hey Benny, revealing myself to ask if things got there ok. The tracking says the package I sent arrived on Jan 2.

Did you receive it? Hope it wasn't stolen from your porch or anything... :ohdear:

And, since karma is what it is, my Santa last contacted me on the 16th saying this were coming, but work was busy, so I can totally relate. Hopefully that's still the case.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Edit: poo poo. I blacked out the important part. The sticker that says "Return to Sender: Handwritten forms are not acceptable all forms must be electronically generated"

I. AM. LIVID.

https://imgur.com/Yh11CmA

So....was it the customs form that I filled out by hand at the goddamned post office the problem? The form the postal worker handed to me to fill out???? What in the actual gently caress?

byloante you can stop worrying because it apparently never loving left the States.

*GRUMP*

But by god you're getting something, goddammit! I'mma figure this poo poo out!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Amazon lets you order stuff on their international sites and/or ships internationally at a discount.
It's not as cute but it's idiot proof.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
vortmax thank you for using the magic of the internet and Heifer International to send BEES to some unsuspecting farmer!

Also fuzzy_logic I sent an extra last minute thing. Hopefully it made it to you!

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
OKAY!! Got my parcels of goodies from my amazing Santa anomalous_blowout

We have:

Chocolate covered ginger, which I love
Thyme honey
Nuts, oh yes
Fudge
A novel to read
Face masks, plus body butter which somehow didn’t get in the picture
Stationery including a notebook, post-its and stickers

A lovely haul, thanks so much!!!

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

I am glad it all got to you in one piece! The padding setup was… a little homemade, haha.

Also this is the first year I’ve ever had the same santa and santee and that was super fun. I am tickled that we both went for the route of honey, nuts, and soap/lotion. Girls know what girls like I guess, and it’s the n u t.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Santa messaged to say they were finishing MAKING me something and it would bee there soon. And soon it was! And then I was busy... but here's why you should be jealous:

My request list said when in doubt go weird, and Luloo123 opted for presents rather than revenge for my SASSing a few previous years ago. There were some local sweets and a few other bits and bobs I forgot to take picture of but BEHOLD:

This lovely and unnerving dental supply calendar - I don't know what that has to do with dental supplies, but I like it better that way.

This lovely hand embroidered piece that perfect captures who I am

and every year I ask for a special Christmas tree ornament and this year's really satisfies! Behold the clitoris ornament... clitornamas?

The tree is no longer up, but it shall become a treasured family heirloom!

Thank you so much!

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

HamsonBunce posted:

Your'e very welcome, topenga! I'm sure you will put everything (especially the liquor) to good use!

I have received my presents as well, on New Year's Eve (sorry for the late posting).

A package arrived, covered inside and outside with stickers. I have a feeling it's coming from Chicago!

There was a card inside, and many little presents:

Unwrapped; every presents had a handwritten note to go with it! Everything had to do with the city of Chicago. There were some stickers and a pizza cloth patch, a magnet, coasters, handmade soap, ImpeachMints (I share the message that goes along with that one), handmade soap, a can cooler, and some really nice gourmet popcorn (which we already ate).

Thank you so much, nashona, for the generous present and the history lesson!

You're very welcome! Be grateful that I didn't include the mini bottle of Mälort.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

topenga posted:

Edit: poo poo. I blacked out the important part. The sticker that says "Return to Sender: Handwritten forms are not acceptable all forms must be electronically generated"

I. AM. LIVID.

https://imgur.com/Yh11CmA

So....was it the customs form that I filled out by hand at the goddamned post office the problem? The form the postal worker handed to me to fill out???? What in the actual gently caress?

byloante you can stop worrying because it apparently never loving left the States.

*GRUMP*

But by god you're getting something, goddammit! I'mma figure this poo poo out!

Sometimes a package is so attached to its original owner it travels across the country to reunite with it's owner

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Santee! I have not forgotten about you! I'd been out of town and work has been a shitshow since I got back. I promise I'll get your gifts out as soon as I can!

Hopefully my Santa hasn't forgotten about me :ohdearsass:

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Comrade Quack posted:

This lovely hand embroidered piece that perfect captures who I am

and every year I ask for a special Christmas tree ornament and this year's really satisfies! Behold the clitoris ornament... clitornamas?

the embroidery and the ornament really sum up the spirit of SASS. Congrats to your Santa!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

:derp: SANTA FINALLY DELIVERED MY BEES! :derp:

Three packages of them!

ABBA ZABA, you my only friend. And also, holy poo poo, look at this stuff! A fancy brownie pan system, a calzone p'zone press, fancy coffee, delicious boysenberry preserves, some movies - one is famously lovely, the other I know nothing about, a book I've been meaning to read, and ...

... something from Apple? A set of postcards?

Twenty dollars. They want twenty dollars for postcards for which non-Apple companies would have as promotional items given away for free. Santa, I don't know who you are, but these are still in their shrink wrap so I can send them back to you so you can get a refund. What the gently caress is that. Twenty American dollars for some postcards with Apple products on them. God. drat. I mean, gently caress!

If you think I'm not making buttermilk biscuits as a boysenberry jam vehicle, brother, you gotta get your head checked.

Bonus pupper from the back of the coffee bag. Good choice, Santa!

Thank you so much, Santa! This was very thoughtful, and please let me help you get your $20 back. Also I ate the Abba Zaba as soon as I saw it. I thought you'd want to know.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Comrade Quack posted:

Santa messaged to say they were finishing MAKING me something and it would bee there soon. And soon it was! And then I was busy... but here's why you should be jealous:

My request list said when in doubt go weird, and Luloo123 opted for presents rather than revenge for my SASSing a few previous years ago. There were some local sweets and a few other bits and bobs I forgot to take picture of but BEHOLD:

This lovely and unnerving dental supply calendar - I don't know what that has to do with dental supplies, but I like it better that way.

Oh that calendar!!! I am still on that mailing list, waiting for them to make another one. I distinctly remember it being a hit. I used one for a white elephant gift swap thing and everyone was creeped out. A++ would buy again in a heartbeat.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Santa came! Well before Christmas, actually; I just suck at posting. Don’t work in a grocery store during the holidays, kids.

HelloIAmYourHeart, thank you for this SASSmas bounty of fun vintage and local treats, as well as the lovely bee needlework! Having a former Santee wind up as your Santa is pretty neat (though I hope you didn’t send back the necklace because you hated it :ohdearsass:).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
No, I loved that necklace! But it was the only thing I had to send back (actually, I still have the lavender lip balm. It's taken me four years, but it's finally ALMOST used up).

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Oodles posted:

What’s this?

A really badly censored box? What’s inside?

Oh yes, a bee staring at me.

A family of hand made bees! And one with a jolly Santa hat. Also a selection of local treats, including a tin of chilli - which my wife is looking forward to dumping on a hotdog.

The family of bees.

Bee closeup.

Thank you so much Scorpiobean, my kids love their little bees.

Yay!! I'm so glad you got it and that you like it! I should add that the chili is specifically Cincinnati chili which...uh...people seem to have strong feelings about one way or another. Merry Goonmas and a Happy Bee Year!

On my end, my awesome husband finally managed to outsmart my apartment office's weird hours and liberated a sweet rear end gift from Santa!

Awesomeness includes:
Stroopwafels (oh hell yeah)
A werewolf game (double hell yeah)
Coffee candies
Licorice cat candies I'm pretty sure only I'm excited about
Cat toys for my two fuzzy boys
Delicious chocolate
Delicious butter chocolate (???)
And an awesome roller derby coloring book
And a nice card

Thank you so much Santa!!! I have a picture to add when I figure it out.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Sincerely some of the best gifts to receive are in this thread, and arts and crafts is just next level.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

AtlanticWitchTrade posted:

Sincerely some of the best gifts to receive are in this thread, and arts and crafts is just next level.

I’m in awe of the Calm card, that’s the standout for me.

Oh, and the clitornament.

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Comrade Quack posted:

Thank you so much!

I'm glad that you enjoyed everything. I was super angsty about everything because you were such an awesome Santa a few years ago. That tuna Jello salad still haunts me.

Merry Christmas!

I have been a terrible Santee. My present arrived back on December 27, but our internet was out, so I didn't get a chance to share pics.

My wonderful Santa gave my boys this awesome handmade fish toy. They loved it so much that it needs a little TLC.

Santa also gave me three cookbooks, including The American Woman's Cook Book with her grandmother's handwriting in it. I used it the next day to make biscuits. Daryl Dixon has pride of place on the same shelf.

Santa also gave me a shot glass and the most amazing smelling candle. I keep picking it up and sniffing it because it smells so divine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Santa let me know that I'd be receiving a couple of things after Christmas and the first of them arrived! :peanut:

It's an art of book of character designs (something I'm super interested in) mixed with interviewers with some of the designers!

I open up to a random page and aw yeah, that's the good poo poo.

Thank you so much, mystery Santa!