Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

savesthedayrocks posted:

RE: Custom Formats

If you've set a format cut off in the profiles you're using, then go to Wanted page, cutoff unmet tab and press search all.

A few days of downloading later ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Confirming I can consistently get 100.0MB/s on NewsDemon with gig FiOS. Oddly if I grab an older post it's a lot slower, I am assuming some sort of storage tiering is being done on usenet providers where they "archive" older stuff to slower storage.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

Changing the profile doesn't cause Radarr to search. You have to manually do it or wait for a matching movie to show up on RSS feeds.

That makes total sense after I think it through.

I have sorting turned on, so it spits out the movies into the correct folder. There isn't an option to have it delete the lower quality automatically right?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It should do that by default.

Also enable Recycling and make a folder on the same drive for it to move the old ones, as it’s useful when it grabs a bad release by mistake. Obviously if you’re backfilling and switching out formats you should probably do that first, then enable it going forward.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

cr0y posted:

Confirming I can consistently get 100.0MB/s on NewsDemon with gig FiOS. Oddly if I grab an older post it's a lot slower, I am assuming some sort of storage tiering is being done on usenet providers where they "archive" older stuff to slower storage.

Most providers with huge retention are "hybrid" where they have x days of their own retention and anything older they transparently proxy through to an upstream provider/backbone.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone else suddenly find themselves IP banned by one of their indexers?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Incessant Excess posted:

Did one of your programs for some reason start abusing an API?

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

nzbs.in banned me once. 2 different IP's accessed it, (work and home through hydra) and they accused me of sharing. I emailed them and they unbanned me but said they would again. So I changed hydra to proxy nzbs from my home.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

ClassH posted:

nzbs.in banned me once. 2 different IP's accessed it, (work and home through hydra) and they accused me of sharing. I emailed them and they unbanned me but said they would again. So I changed hydra to proxy nzbs from my home.

huh. I was traveling for a while and still had my home going as normal, but would use their web interface to grab this and that. But the only API use was from home. Were you using the api from both places?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

cr0y posted:

Did one of your programs for some reason start abusing an API?

Can you tell me which log I'd need to check to see if this is the case? I'm using dockers for Hydra, Sonarr and Radarr. Radarr is pointed at Hydra, Sonarr accesses the indexer directly cause I couldn't get the Hydra connection to work right.

Sometimes I'll log into the website on my phone to manually put something in the cart on the indexer, my SABNZBD at home is set up to periodically check that cart and grab stuff from there, tho I did not do this recently.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
Maybe I should ask this in some other thread, but I figure you guys may know best. When I watch things via Plex (PC server to Roku on TV with integrated speakers) the volume is ear blasting during action scenes and the like, but when the dialogue comes up it's super quiet. From what I've read the solution is to either change audio settings on my TV (I've checked and don't see anything applicable in my settings), buy an X.1 speaker system so the dialog comes out through the center channel, re-process the files with a different audio setup.

Is there anything else I should try? I really hate having to change the volume every so often and it makes the movie watching experience pretty awful for me. I don't really notice it on TV shows, just movies, presumably due to file type?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Bank posted:

Maybe I should ask this in some other thread, but I figure you guys may know best. When I watch things via Plex (PC server to Roku on TV with integrated speakers) the volume is ear blasting during action scenes and the like, but when the dialogue comes up it's super quiet. From what I've read the solution is to either change audio settings on my TV (I've checked and don't see anything applicable in my settings), buy an X.1 speaker system so the dialog comes out through the center channel, re-process the files with a different audio setup.

Is there anything else I should try? I really hate having to change the volume every so often and it makes the movie watching experience pretty awful for me. I don't really notice it on TV shows, just movies, presumably due to file type?

Are there audio settings in PLEX that might be set to output a 5.1 signal when you only have a stereo setup? Might be PLEX is trying to output to a center channel that doesn't exist.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Having a strange issue with SabNZBd. No matter how many items are either in the queue or are being processed I'll lose connection to the web interface. It lasts for about 30 seconds, and then it reconnects.

I thought it was just my remote connection, but it happens if I'm looking at the web interface on the local machine. I've looked through the logs and not seeing any glaring errors. There are couple of places where I get an

code:
2020-01-07 10:07:14,163::ERROR::[__init__:999] Loading C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\sabnzbd\admin\postproc2.sab failed with error <class 'cPickle.BadPickleGet'>
and then the application restarts itself. Any ideas on where I should be looking for the issue?

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Pardot posted:

huh. I was traveling for a while and still had my home going as normal, but would use their web interface to grab this and that. But the only API use was from home. Were you using the api from both places?

The NZBS were downloaded from 2 different IPs. API was just from one, set hydra to proxy the nzbs and been ok since, however this is not an approved setup.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bank posted:

I got this a lot and I think you need to buy a soundbar. That said, the soundbar (Vizio SB3651) I got doesn't play well with my TCL 55-in TV in anything except forced PCM-Stereo mode or else it has a little bit of A/V desync and it drives me loving insane. I should have returned the soundbar. I don't know if it's the TV or the soundbar that's the issue though.

e: missed the part where you said it only happens in movies, idk then.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 8, 2020

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

Xaris posted:

I got this a lot and I think you need to buy a soundbar. That said, the soundbar (Vizio SB3651) I got doesn't play well with my TCL 55-in TV in anything except forced PCM-Stereo mode or else it has a little bit of A/V desync and it drives me loving insane. I should have returned the soundbar. I don't know if it's the TV or the soundbar that's the issue though.

e: missed the part where you said it only happens in movies, idk then.
Yeah I think I'm just gonna buy a sound bar. Apparently it's a huge issue with Plex and Roku and I doubt it'll ever get fixed (something about flattening the sound?). Most of my movies are higher quality which probably has 5.1 sound and is why it happens so often with it.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Bank posted:

I fixed a similar problem (lagging DTS through HDMI-ARC on TCL P605 on movies only as TV rarely/never has that) by turning off the volume leveling option. Magically a years worth of frustration went away and it's been fine since.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

Decairn posted:

I fixed a similar problem (lagging DTS through HDMI-ARC on TCL P605 on movies only as TV rarely/never has that) by turning off the volume leveling option. Magically a years worth of frustration went away and it's been fine since.

This is a TV setting, correct? I've been trying to find it on my TV, but haven't seen anything close to it. It's a 10 year old LCD which is still kicking strong so I'm probably not going to get rid of it for a while.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
https://www.mrlovenstein.com/comic/87

TV shows are probably mixed knowing most people have awful stereo setups while film makers don’t have to care and just target multi-channel theaters.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Bank posted:

Try changing the volume leveling in the Roku. I changed that a few weeks ago and that seems to have fixed it, although I've not watched a lot of movies since.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Heners_UK posted:

If you've set a format cut off in the profiles you're using, then go to Wanted page, cutoff unmet tab and press search all.

A few days of downloading later ...

It seems I was wrong. Due to player issues, I now need to switch my stuff back to x264 for the time being. However, despite setting the custom format quality in the profile appropriately and changing the order of the custom formats in that profile to have x264 at the top, I cannot get Radarr to put the x265 files back into the "cutoff unmet" page as I expected. Tried updating custom formats on the movie editor page, no joy.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Is there a way in nzbget to view the total queue size? This feels like something that should be basic and think I've checked it before but for the life of me can't find it anywhere.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Click the bit where it tells you how much time is remaining, and it brings up a stats page.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

The Diddler posted:

Try changing the volume leveling in the Roku. I changed that a few weeks ago and that seems to have fixed it, although I've not watched a lot of movies since.

I checked my Roku and didn't have any Audio settings :(

Seems like a bunch of people have these issues with the Plex/Roku combination.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

abnzb.com has open registrations for a few days/limited spaces. Can't tell you anything about it, I just signed up myself. Never a bad thing to have backups.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

EL BROMANCE posted:

abnzb.com has open registrations for a few days/limited spaces. Can't tell you anything about it, I just signed up myself. Never a bad thing to have backups.

Prices per year:

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Click the bit where it tells you how much time is remaining, and it brings up a stats page.

Ah thanks! I thought it was something like that but I was clicking the speed rather than time remaining!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that ones definitely a bit hidden away, amount remaining is something you really think would be on the main dash.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Looks like an issue with thetvdb api is affecting everything at the moment.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61687

Crossposting in the Plex thread

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

MeKeV posted:

Looks like an issue with thetvdb api is affecting everything at the moment.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61687

Crossposting in the Plex thread

What is it actually affecting? All my poo poo still seems to be working ok (sonarr/radarr/plex/kodi)

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I've noticed that Sonarr says every series has been removed from TVDB, which is mostly an annoyance as far as I can tell, but also you currently cannot add a new series.

I know this *particular* thing isn't really TVDBs fault, but they really seem to be the worst thing to have to rely on for anything.

EDIT: vv fixed, my bad

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 10, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tvdb not tmdb. And yeah it’s probably my fault as I was doing a ton of back fill last night so it needed to break out of spite.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010

Slash posted:

What is it actually affecting? All my poo poo still seems to be working ok (sonarr/radarr/plex/kodi)

Plex and Sonarr weren't able to find a load of shows. But it seems to have be correcting throughout the day.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Actually I was lying, anything added to Plex today has not picked up the meta information correctly.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I added 9 seasons of Curb today via Sonarr, and everything worked same as it always has. Plex has all the correct info for every episode. :shrug:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ha, I think Sonarr refused to download something because FR was in the title of the episode. So dumb, it's just sooo very dumb. While on one hand that'll almost never be a problem, on the other hand the solution is easy. You take the whole episode title "The FR Killer" and you exclude it from your language tag identification. I also recall this happening with show name that had "Russian" in it.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 11, 2020

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Duck and Cover posted:

Ha, I think Sonarr refused to download something because FR was in the title of the episode. So dumb, it's just sooo very dumb. While on one hand that'll almost never be a problem, on the other hand the solution is easy. You take the whole episode title "The FR Killer" and you exclude it from your language tag identification. I also recall this happening with show name that had "Russian" in it.

That's way better than having a bunch of stuff in foreign audio mixed in to your collection.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

That's way better than having a bunch of stuff in foreign audio mixed in to your collection.

So what? X is bad. Well you know x could be much worse! Sure but x is still bad and the solution is easy.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I just set up Radarr on Windows and am trying to search for a movie. Every time I do, the search page just spins and spins until it eventually times out. Logs show the following error message:
Request Failed: The operation has timed out
System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

Ever seen this before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Did you hit deny to any firewall notices that popped up?
Did you install it as a service and it's running as a credential that doesn't have network access?
Do you have any nonstandard firewall running?