Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Aaaanyway! Another day, another deluge of dumb screenshots! "Enjoy"

Remember that weird-rear end planet from my last giga-post? That's what counts as life on it: Floating hex-tiles. poo poo, I just realized I should have called this planet "Wargames" or something

Random hyperspace intermission!

One day, there'll be a gravestone with "Annoyed to Death by Stupid Base Computers" on it. This gravestone will be mine.

Random dusty landscape, as seen through the windows of one of my bases.

Inside my Garden Epsilon base.

Finally, the three missing inventory slots have been placed and I feel completed. If you compare the names on the screenshots however, you'll notice NMS reset my awesome name back to the boring RNG one it came with.

Sometimes NMS randomly deletes my names on stuff and it drives me nuts! I've had to rename rifles, ships and even bases so many times it isn't funny anymore. God knows how many planet or animal names have been lost to the ages this way.

Still, I can not get enough from space stations. I think they're the bee's knees.

Dog Copter visits us.

Approach to star planet. Guys? I don't think this is how stars work

Since my PS4 starts feeling ill if I try to make too many parts, I'm forced to instead

make tons of tiny bases instead. My teleport network gets dumber and harder to work with each day.

I still don't know why the game thinks this empty piece of air is perfectly viable ground.

Another angle for my main base. (Later I added an eighth biodome and a second electromagnetic generator to help power everything.)

This is basically just an observation point. That one cylindrical room is only here so I could upload the base.

All my later extraction bases are variations of this design: A central block with teleporter and generators, extractors and silos nearby.

All my earlier extraction bases are variations of this bullshit: Some random metal plates in the middle nowhere, some electric wiring, and the silos as close to the teleporter as possible so I don't have to waste much time looking at this mess when I'm collecting.

This is an intermediate design, after I've learned to at least leave a proper shelter behind before starting up my next base.

Another intermediate design.

Another advanced one. (Yes, I did build some more silos later.)

Please don't scream, I'm hurting myself already whenever I'm looking at this. (Another early design.)

My first main base. Some storage, some refiners. There's even some NPCs to talk to! I haven't done their missions for ages, though.

The wiring inside and the placement for some elements is so bad I won't show you inside screenshots of this base again.

I call this type of exotic in the foreground the "foxwing"-class, thanks to those weird wings reminding me of fox ears and the X-Wing from Star Wars.

Though I didn't buy it, I preserved this screenshot for later. It just looks so silly! :allears:

However, I did buy this red fighter here and then recorded myself crossing the T of my current freighter.

The I went through a blackhole.

The two ships I have just for looks are always getting abused for black hole warps, as those always break one part of your ship and this is faster and cheaper than always repairing your main ship.

Also this jump was only like, 5k ly closer to the core. Telling me I traveled a billion zillion light years is kind of meaningless if you actually only move a couple thousand in the direction you wanted to go, I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Libluini posted:

Also this jump was only like, 5k ly closer to the core. Telling me I traveled a billion zillion light years is kind of meaningless if you actually only move a couple thousand in the direction you wanted to go, I feel.

Unfortunately that's how black holes work. They transport you to a random location on the other side of the galaxy... which means you're no closer to the centre.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Is there a reason to go to the center of the galaxy?
One mission even sends you on a quest for the center but really only needs you to make random jumps.

e: ahh, nevermind

https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Galaxy_Centre

OgNar fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 4, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

OgNar posted:

Is there a reason to go to the center of the galaxy?
One mission even sends you on a quest for the center but really only needs you to make random jumps.

Yes, as it is one of only two ways to leave Euclid. There are more galaxies with different colors and different seed settings waiting for you! Hundreds, in fact.

It's one of my goals to get to at least galaxy 3

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Libluini posted:

Yes, as it is one of only two ways to leave Euclid. There are more galaxies with different colors and different seed settings waiting for you! Hundreds, in fact.

It's one of my goals to get to at least galaxy 3

Well the story itself gets you to the second with no need to get to the center.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

OgNar posted:

Noted, but I think I've abandoned the three stories like 50 hours ago. I'll probably take the Atlas-story up again in galaxy 2, as shortcut to galaxy 3. If that works out like I'm planning, that is. :v:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

OgNar posted:

It depends on your choice - I got dumped in 10. Choosing a Harsh galaxy should take you straight to 3.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

It depends on your choice - I got dumped in 10. Choosing a Harsh galaxy should take you straight to 3.

I adore Eissentam and can't imagine why anyone would want to leave

Edit: Ahaha, someone got rid of my Tipper av and offensive text. Well that's unexpected

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I want an extreme climate planet with sentinels and predators

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

EXTREME SENTINEL PLANET

EXTREME SENTINEL PLANET

EXTREME SENTINEL PLANET

EXTREME SENTINEL PLANET

EXTREME SENTINEL PLANET

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

EXTREME SENTINEL PLANET

EXTREME SENTINEL PLANET

EXTREME SENTINEL PLANET

EXTREME SENTINEL PLANET

EXTREME SENTINEL PLANET

SOON

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
More screenshots!

Random space flight pic.

The inside of my new main refinery/storage building.

It's actually some ways off from my farming domes, as long sprawling hallways with domes don't mix well with a huge blocky building, as I found out.

One half of my Block Building is 9 storage units carefully encased with metal plates and windows so that they're truly inside. For some reason this time I could even put them onto other plates, instead of having to shove them into the plain ground outside. I guess this was fixed at some point?

Inside storage hall, there are carefully arranged platforms, so you can hop around to reach all nine containers easily.

The upper level of the main hall. I was quite a bit surprised when the game told me I wasn't allowed to place more than those two large refiners here. My dumb old base didn't have this limit, as I crammed four large refiners haphazardly close together there. Since not every operation needs all three input slots, I decided to add two medium refiners as a back-up.

Then later I noticed just stepping outside was far enough away so I later added an extra room just for a third large refiner.

This building has a short range teleporter, connecting it back to the rest of the base.

Then I learned that health stations and other little items don't want to attach to the basic metal plates my walls are made of. They simply refuse to be powered! So I added this cube and attached everything to the side.

Except for my little sell/buy terminal here. That one only wanted to be placed inside the cube, so I had to add a door just to get inside, too. Fickle little fucker.

The other half of my base is so badly laid out this was the only place I could find for the other short range teleporter. Everything else would have taken intensive re-work and that sounded too boring so instead you now have to walk on the balcony here to teleport into the Block.

And that's how the Block looks from outside. The larger side is the refinery hall, the smaller side is the storage hall.

Later I added a tiny building on stilts, connected with the entry point over a badly placed stair, just for the third large refiner. Then I got scared because the frame rate after finishing the hall tanked so badly walking up that internal staircase to the main refiners is sometimes like walking through molasses, so that's the end point for this particular base.

And those are

some nice landscape shots I made while traveling.

Next: Ammonia Adventures and the Skytower.

Edit:

If Hello Games makes a remastered version for PS5 or something, I'll be probably forced to upgrade, just so I can make larger bases.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 5, 2020

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Libluini posted:

If Hello Games makes a remastered version for PS5 or something, I'll be probably forced to upgrade, just so I can make larger bases.
PS5 will be backwards compatible so you won't need a remaster!

Finally got an exotic last night. Got a ping for a trading post and it was far enough away that I left atmo and came back down. The game decided to spawn the post half inside of a cliff. Like, there were a couple landing pads available but the actual kiosk and 2 of the pads were submerged in a rock face. Spent a good 15 minutes clearing it all out and right after I finished this lovely exotic appeared. It's the kind that's just one giant fin. In other news I now have 3k spare silica for making glass.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I discovered recently that building with small cuboids are the best thing to build with. I like the concrete and metal sets, but Containers instantly snap to the sides of the cuboids like Legos.

Also it really irritates me that you cannot connect some things to other things without a doorway and/or hallway connecting the two.

Also I made a huge mistake. I wanted to do a waterworld base specifically because the Nautilon has a ship scanner.
What I neglected to think of until after is that my guess that because i stupidly chose a poor system instead of a rich one that every ship I have found has been a C.
Though I can't be sure if it was just my bad luck or if that is the effect.

My intention was to just fly around, find an island, drop the Nautilon and scan, hop in the ship and zip to the closest island and hop back in the Nautilon for claiming.
Sadly, I have only found junk so far. Time to find a waterworld in a rich system.

E: also with the small cuboids you don't have to wire everything because anything connected to it is auto powered.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 5, 2020

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, I really wish that large, small, and basic stuff fit together in a more natural way. There's cool stuff in each and I can never really seem to get it to work together how I want.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I've had this for awhile and while it is a good looking ship I just don't like that tall rear end fin.

So I spent a good 10 hours over the past 4 days just loading and reloading in various systems trying to find a new exotic.
The best I could come up with was this.

Which is also a good looking ship but that fin just irks me.

So I succumbed and searched the reddit portal archive and came up with this one, which showed up in like under 5 minutes after landing at the station.

Now thats a hot little number.
Too bad there's no way to just give the other ships away, hate just scrapping them.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

OgNar posted:

Now thats a hot little number.
Too bad there's no way to just give the other ships away, hate just scrapping them.

I think I had some unreasonable amount of luck here, because my first exotic looked exactly like that, minus one thruster. Every single one after that was one of the giant fin abominations. :v:

Anyway, was I forgetting something? Ah yes, screenshots!

This tiny block here is a special case, not because the spooky ruin near it, but because it is on an extreme weather planet with multiple violent storms each day and a shitload of storm crystals around it. If I need some to craft ship upgrades or something, I can just teleport here and grab a couple. Convenient!

This standard base is on an anomalous planet and mines Indium. It only exists because I wanted to try out the Antimatter Reactor here and there was this Indium deposit hanging around and I was like "Why not do both" and here we are

This is the main attraction here. Stick some fuel in it and it will fill up with antimatter over time. Sometimes it stays empty, though. No idea why, maybe the planet isn't weird enough to always produce antimatter? Or I just keep forgetting to fuel the thing. That's always a possibility with me, too.

The I traded some poo poo I crafted for money. Then I got annoyed because I messed up my math when producing plants and now there's a dumb imbalance in crafting products which annoys me. More biodomes are needed!

Just for fund I built this Death Garden on an airless planet. Things I've learned here: Normal foundations create stilts to connect to the ground after being built. Weird! Also those strange cylindrical foundations only attach with domes and go nuts when I try to attach them to normal rooms. (They also make the water inside the domes disappear and cover the planting spots with metal. This drove me mad until I noticed the planting spots were still there, just invisible. Now I'm only slightly miffed.)

Another thing those odd cylinder-foundations do: They create holes inside the domes they connect to. They don't even lead anywhere, they just end at some point near the ground! Every time I come here to harvest, I forget about the holes and fall into at least one of them before remembering. It's quite frankly a bit embarrassing.

Edit:

Sometimes they just lead outside, I think if there is still empty space below them instead of rock. Is it supposed to do that? I have to test this because if my idea works, it would be a neat way to connect tower segments without paying tons of Pure Ferrite for placing the full rooms.

Building this farming base also taught me that batteries attach to certain spots in large rooms. And with this revelation, the time of haphazardly placed electric implements came to an end forever.

My wiring is still a bit wild, though

The look outside the windows is incredibly boring. It's basically the moon, just with less craters.

That's what I was talking about, OgNar. Just like yours, minus the second thruster. Weird coincidence.

The station in this system was another abandoned one. This screenshot doesn't tell how incredibly creepy those feel.

My Atlas Pass allowed me to visit some hidden gardens here, though. Still creepy.

Just seconds before going through the teleporter I remembered that doing so would add this station to my permanent list of teleport targets so I noped out and ran back to my ship.

There are already several of these Horror Movie Stations on my list, which is always an amazing surprise if you, say, come back half a year later because you teleported to a random station to see what you can buy there only to instead end up in this

This means I really don't need to add more traps for myself, hard pass. (Traps are for adding into bases. Which reminds me, I can add fall traps by accident, why can't I add stuff like automatic shooting robots or something to greet visitors? Note to self: See if you can rig up a trap room which automatically closes behind a visitor and deletes their unsaved progress when they realize the only way out is a hard reset.)

Libluini fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 7, 2020

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Libluini posted:

Building this farming base also taught me that batteries attach to certain spots in large rooms. And with this revelation, the time of haphazardly placed electric implements came to an end forever.

You should not need any wiring.
Anything inside a small cuboid or large room should be auto connected like the teleporter or health machine or whatever.
As long as you connect the outside of the room to your power everything inside is good.

I actually kinda like building on airless moons, gives me that 'space' feel looking outside.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

OgNar posted:

You should not need any wiring.
Anything inside a small cuboid or large room should be auto connected like the teleporter or health machine or whatever.
As long as you connect the outside of the room to your power everything inside is good.

I actually kinda like building on airless moons, gives me that 'space' feel looking outside.

Yeah sorry I wasn't more clear, I was talking about my generic non-building related wiring. That's still rear end because I can't bring myself to care about wires going everywhere like spiderwebs.

Though it would be funny if a future update gives those wires some substance, because that would turn 80% of my bases into literal web traps. :v:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I wish we could ride the really big ones.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

dare to dream

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

What?? I've tried but gotten no prompts.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think you must tame them with bait or something first? Or maybe you just got unlucky and met rear end in a top hat animals.

Meanwhile, I was walking down my freighter to my ship collection, when suddenly Glitch No. 123 happened: Invisible walls impeding progress.

Luckily I had a save point in my freighter, so I could just go back, save, and then log out and log in again. That fixed it and I could get through the invisible wall.

My ship collection, part 1: The little explorer is called White Nova and my current ship. Some basic weapons, but mostly tuned for high jump range and good shields. The yellow fighter reminded me of the Viper-space fighters from the original BSG, so of course I named it "Viper". It's armed with overtuned basic photon cannons and missiles, to better simulate the standard space fighter load out in my imagination. Also I've stapled enough hyper drive upgrades into that thing it has almost as much range as my dedicated explorer. I spend 50+ hours with that thing!

The freighter is there because it looks good and that's it. As there isn't really a reason anymore to use a freighter, I just did some basic upgrades like getting the class from C to B and adding some more inventory slots and then left it as a hangar queen.

Ship collection, part 2: My exotic was another ship I spend tons of time in. It's so far the one ship I upgraded up to absolute maximum. Ironically, it has triple the range of my explorer and so many shield upgrades and weapons put in it's basically a tiny dreadnought. Even I can't lose a fight if I take it. The red fighter is another hangar queen: I took it for its looks and nowadays I only use it for flights through black holes (as that always damages something, and better this cheap little C-class fighter then one of my real ships)

Sometimes the RNG can generate some nutso landscapes. I also like the variations with trees and stuff growing on them.

This base extracts ammonia and is the most annoying thing in the world, because my ship always spawns on the ramp, blocking the exit. I later had to add a second door to the side just so I could leave the building without launching my ship first.

That's what I was talking about in an earlier post: For some reason adding a foundation to a biodome makes both water and planting spots disappear. But planting is still possible, just more fiddly! Odd glitch, this.

Oh yeah, and that's the little hut for my third large refiner at my main base. I could probably have expanded the entire building towards that spot, but the framerate already didn't like my base and later I added some more hydroponics in the empty part of the hall, causing even more slowdown. So I didn't want to take anymore chances. Luckily my crafting workflow is optimized to work with three large and 1-2 medium refiners, so this is actually less stressful then just having more refiners!

Another alien landscape, visible from my main base. I can't get enough of this poo poo! Sometimes I spend half an hour just making shots like this. Just be lucky I curate my screenshots or every post like this would have 100+ pics in it.

Did you know there are underwater ruins? I didn't!

Solving this treasure hunt was only possible thanks to me finally building a shelter. I had to crawl inside a couple times to get enough time to dig the treasure up. (The way this works is that you get a weird underwater key from the ruin, then you go search a hidden treasure box you must uncover with your terrain tool. The box opens only with the key and some pearls, so keep some handy if you do this. The treasure itself was worth around 750k, so not that much. But I guess a nice find if you're still starting out!)

Later I built my first underwater base close to the ruins. This underwater tower has a dumb little door at the ground level and this far more useful moon pool one level up.

As the ocean here is quite deep and the tower goes up to the surface, I added this short-range teleporter. If you visit this base and miss the teleporter while going up the ladders, don't worry! You can't miss the upper one, so you can still get annoyed when you realize all that climbing was for nothing! :v:

The lower section of the mighty Sky Tower. (Bonus points for everyone who can guess the reference.) As you can see, I saved a lot of Pure Ferrite by putting in tube sections to connect some of the levels. And yes, there are ladders everywhere, even in the tubes, so you can just climb up without having to stop anywhere!

The middle section. You know, the double-tube looks kind of unsafe, now that I look at this. My next tower should be planned out a bit better.

And the upper part. Later I added more poo poo to the surface-part and it now looks even more top heavy. Good that NMS doesn't care for structural nonsense like this!

That's the earlier ammonia base now.

And that's the Sky Tower from above, after I finished the last bits!

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
The Internet Historian's next topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BJVO3PDeQ

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Libluini posted:

I think I had some unreasonable amount of luck here, because my first exotic looked exactly like that, minus one thruster. Every single one after that was one of the giant fin abominations. :v:

Anyway, was I forgetting something? Ah yes, screenshots!

This tiny block here is a special case, not because the spooky ruin near it, but because it is on an extreme weather planet with multiple violent storms each day and a shitload of storm crystals around it. If I need some to craft ship upgrades or something, I can just teleport here and grab a couple. Convenient!

This standard base is on an anomalous planet and mines Indium. It only exists because I wanted to try out the Antimatter Reactor here and there was this Indium deposit hanging around and I was like "Why not do both" and here we are

This is the main attraction here. Stick some fuel in it and it will fill up with antimatter over time. Sometimes it stays empty, though. No idea why, maybe the planet isn't weird enough to always produce antimatter? Or I just keep forgetting to fuel the thing. That's always a possibility with me, too.

The I traded some poo poo I crafted for money. Then I got annoyed because I messed up my math when producing plants and now there's a dumb imbalance in crafting products which annoys me. More biodomes are needed!

Just for fund I built this Death Garden on an airless planet. Things I've learned here: Normal foundations create stilts to connect to the ground after being built. Weird! Also those strange cylindrical foundations only attach with domes and go nuts when I try to attach them to normal rooms. (They also make the water inside the domes disappear and cover the planting spots with metal. This drove me mad until I noticed the planting spots were still there, just invisible. Now I'm only slightly miffed.)

Another thing those odd cylinder-foundations do: They create holes inside the domes they connect to. They don't even lead anywhere, they just end at some point near the ground! Every time I come here to harvest, I forget about the holes and fall into at least one of them before remembering. It's quite frankly a bit embarrassing.

Edit:

Sometimes they just lead outside, I think if there is still empty space below them instead of rock. Is it supposed to do that? I have to test this because if my idea works, it would be a neat way to connect tower segments without paying tons of Pure Ferrite for placing the full rooms.

The look outside the windows is incredibly boring. It's basically the moon, just with less craters.

That's what I was talking about, OgNar. Just like yours, minus the second thruster. Weird coincidence.

The station in this system was another abandoned one. This screenshot doesn't tell how incredibly creepy those feel.

My Atlas Pass allowed me to visit some hidden gardens here, though. Still creepy.

Just seconds before going through the teleporter I remembered that doing so would add this station to my permanent list of teleport targets so I noped out and ran back to my ship.

There are already several of these Horror Movie Stations on my list, which is always an amazing surprise if you, say, come back half a year later because you teleported to a random station to see what you can buy there only to instead end up in this

This means I really don't need to add more traps for myself, hard pass. (Traps are for adding into bases. Which reminds me, I can add fall traps by accident, why can't I add stuff like automatic shooting robots or something to greet visitors? Note to self: See if you can rig up a trap room which automatically closes behind a visitor and deletes their unsaved progress when they realize the only way out is a hard reset.)

Thank you for these posts. I have too many games I want to play and not enough time to play them all, especially NMS, so I'm living vicariously through you. (I think this is the proper metaphor?)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Libluini posted:

Meanwhile, I was walking down my freighter to my ship collection, when suddenly Glitch No. 123 happened: Invisible walls impeding progress.

Luckily I had a save point in my freighter, so I could just go back, save, and then log out and log in again. That fixed it and I could get through the invisible wall.
oh! i get this all the time but i can usually jump jet over them because gently caress i don't know how this game works.

this seems like such a weirdly left-field subject for him but then there's the last ten minutes of the video.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

this seems like such a weirdly left-field subject for him but then there's the last ten minutes of the video.

His video about Fallout 76 was his most popular video. This seems to be in the same ballpark, but it is a positive video unlike Fallout 76.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Can you folks please either link an album of images or be a little choosier with your screenshots, opening this thread straight up crashed the awful app trying to load all the screenshots since I don't think thumbnails actually do anything loading-wise

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Even so this is 90% my fault, I have to ask, why are people even using Awful App? Everything I've heard about it over the years has been negative.

I've been using Chrome on my smartphone for years and while the SA-interface sometimes feels wonky, I had no problems with crashing threads.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

They don't - the images load in full, just displayed at a small size. It was a good feature when it was introduced in the dark times before css.

e^^ i use the app all the time because it's just more pleasant than trying to use a web page on a phone. that said, i typically don't check large image threads like this one on it because i'm a data poor.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jan 9, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Libluini posted:

Even so this is 90% my fault, I have to ask, why are people even using Awful App? Everything I've heard about it over the years has been negative.
dunno who you've talked to, but it's worked excellently for me for ages and has only really gotten better with updates.

kinda like this game. :v:

but yes it chokes when it has to load dozens of large images like screenshots at once, it handles tons of gifs/mp4s fine because it makes them an icon clickable to activate in a new window rather than loading in the page itself, but actual full size images trip it up bad in large amounts since it loads them entirely.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Do people really not use the app? It’s pretty drat good and convenient and if I’m on my real computer I’m usually doing my gaming.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Yeah but since this game has screenshotting built straight into the UI, you should kind of expect lots of screenshots.
Does Imgur still do albums, i cant seem to find the feature to create one?

e: googling says they took it out

OgNar fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 9, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Internet Historian did an elaborate, rather funny, and multifaceted rundown on NMS's development, history, post release, and Sean Murray. Also, erotic pre-release Sean Murray fanfiction that is hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BJVO3PDeQ&hd=1

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

OgNar posted:

Yeah but since this game has screenshotting built straight into the UI, you should kind of expect lots of screenshots.
Does Imgur still do albums, i cant seem to find the feature to create one?

e: googling says they took it out

It's absolutely still in, batch uploading automatically creates an album.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
This thread hasn’t crashed Awful.app for me or caused any problems with it. :shrug:

Also yes Awful.app is very good and much better than using a browser on an iPhone.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Libluni you have to get on VR. Exploring those bases you've built yourself would be super cool.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
VR gives me headaches, so I'm not a fan of it. Also I'd need to either first buy the game again for PC plus VR equipment or buy a PS4 Pro and whatever else I need for PS4 VR.

My income isn't exactly poor, but I can't afford expensive consumer articles right now. Too many debts, too much overspending last year.

Also, painful headaches. VR isn't for me, it seems.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not that those aren't totally valid reasons, but PSVR and NMS VR work fine on a non-pro PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's awesome! Still, taking heavy painkillers to play video games is where I personally draw my border.

Edit: Also, I just agreed to buy a better TV from a colleague, which wiped my consumer goods budget for four months. :v: