Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

after glassing gbs and all the bigots and ironic bigots that infest the place we might even be able to try bringing back fyad

I looked at the GBS thread and, uh, wow. That sure is some posting. The FYAD refugees are fitting in maybe a little too well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
*ziplines down from heli, dual-wielding the lever-action shotguns from terminator 2*
EAT A WEEK *blam*
EAT A WEEK *blam*
EAT A WEEK *blam*
EAT A WEEK *blam*

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

we just need one truly good and virtuous person of supreme intelligence and unwavering moral character to oversee everything.

i can think of one candidate that fits this bill

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
really this entire situation leads back to Radium being a Bad Coder

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

we just need one truly good and virtuous person of supreme intelligence and unwavering moral character to oversee everything.

ders

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

H5N1

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Gringostar posted:

so LK touched on something a few pages ago re: punishing goons for poo poo they do off site which i think needs to be addressed going forward after the E/N drama and now this drama since they're apparently both related in that aspect so here's my suggestions on that.

1) don't go after people for off site stuff*. if they're being a loving nazi off site but polite here then honestly, knowing nazis, that can only last so long before they start talking about 14 words and poo poo and then by all means ban hammer their rear end.

2) *the exception to (1) is that if someone PM or emails a mod info about someone doing actual illegal poo poo or threatening the welfare of other posters here on an off site venue then it's the/a mods responsibility to investigate and take action. also reversal or fortune should apply in that if someone makes up fake information to go after a forums enemy then it's a 100% permaban for the person reporting them.

if you have information regarding illegal poo poo you should probably tell the actual police, not the moderator of an internet message board

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unoriginal Name posted:

if you have information regarding illegal poo poo you should probably tell the actual police, not the moderator of an internet message board

Cops are all fash too tho.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
is there any guidance on whether :spergin: is going to be considered a slur going forward? not joking here, I want to know before I get punished

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

*ziplines down from heli, dual-wielding the lever-action shotguns from terminator 2*
EAT A WEEK *blam*
EAT A WEEK *blam*
EAT A WEEK *blam*
EAT A WEEK *blam*

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Mirthless posted:

Ytlaya posted:

I think his actions make the most sense through the lens of "a relatively low-info/'apolitical' person who vaguely considers themselves a liberal" (and your average "apolitical" person is also casually racist and thinks that people should just chill out about "off-color humor").
He was literally the moderator of the politics subforum.

LOL

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

ok I take back everything, DBRB has finally won the posting war on kimsemus

Nah they're both poo poo people so neither are winners.

Seriously 2.0
May 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Nix Panicus posted:

I looked at the GBS thread and, uh, wow. That sure is some posting. The FYAD refugees are fitting in maybe a little too well

It's a real bad look, especially with a bunch of mods getting all chummy with the dingdongs in there.

Thanks again LK, Squigle and Hellsing for bothering to talk with us here in cspam. Remember to make Wampalord supreme commander.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

CainFortea posted:

oh yeah. well tell the nearest antifa supersoldier then

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

is there any guidance on whether :spergin: is going to be considered a slur going forward? not joking here, I want to know before I get punished
if it could be construed as a cheap shot at someone's disability, probably, in spite of the site's history

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

NecroMonster posted:

JEB!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

No. i'm talking aboti me guys it's me

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Unoriginal Name posted:

The fact mods have admitted to trying to overlook the userbase in offsites and have gathered data to that effect is deeply off. They should in no way be doing this, no matter how good the intention is. Their job is to focus on this site and this site only. Every admin and mod complicit in this needs to formally and unreserved apologise and resign.

What an absolute clusterfuck the last month has been all round

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

EAT A WEEK *blam*
EAT A WEEK *blam*
EAT A WEEK *blam*
EAT A WEEK *blam*

Wow how could you do this to KM

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

NecroMonster posted:

No. i'm talking aboti me guys it's me

glad to be posting here with u, JEB!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

do not slander me in this way!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Nix Panicus posted:

FYAD posters after Lowtax goes on a crazy banning spree on NYE: lol he’s the site owner he can do what he wants. Who cares? The fact that this site is run by a guy who just does poo poo sometimes is part of the appeal.

FYAD posters after Lowtax closes FYAD: Unbelievable. A sign of the times. What has this place come to?

Oh yeah, and as always when something bad happens there are people pointing out that this is obviously Koalas March’s fault and all the mods and admins are under her command, please ignore the last month of her fighting against Lowtax and the gang in the push to get FYAD taken care of.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 9, 2020

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

we aren't children and we don't need condescending authoritarian figures deciding what is best for us and what is need-to-know only and hatching the dumbest loving schemes imaginable without anyone else getting to provide any insight

for real cspam needs to unite behind the idea that mods should be 100% transparent through every step of their process (at least w/r/t cspam actions) and that, if the mods really "want to be members of a great community full of funny, intelligent people" they need to accept that they aren't special internet cops, they're just other 30-40 year old nerds that have been given a few extra buttons on their forums gui

how the gently caress can anyone be okay with mods continuing to act like some untouchable class of super humans that owe the rest of us neither respect nor explanation

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

did we ever get an answer as to why NYC was immediately hovering over the thread PPJ posted and hitting people with week probes that were just dripping with loving disdain

PPJ and Logik told everyone CSPAM was a FYAD-lite containment forum full of ironic commies who love to mod sass, so when posters started sassing master spy PPJ, who was braver than any troop and who had made great posting sacrifices on behalf of SA by 'pretending' to be a nazi, they were prepared to gun them down because they werent even real people

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

CainFortea posted:

so was at least one mod

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Schnorkles posted:

Sure would be nice to have an admin or just anyone with some semblance of authority, really, that the forums could trust open a dialogue!

No, no, let's keep going with complete opacity, knee-jerk punishments with no justification, closing threads, refusing to respond, promises of future transparency that are universally disregarded, posts that say that a consensus response is being gathered and will be posted later, and occasionally making announcements that cannot be replied to. It's worked so well to create hilarious content before that it seems worth sticking with it.

Freaking Crumbum posted:

we aren't children and we don't need condescending authoritarian figures deciding what is best for us and what is need-to-know only and hatching the dumbest loving schemes imaginable without anyone else getting to provide any insight

for real cspam needs to unite behind the idea that mods should be 100% transparent through every step of their process (at least w/r/t cspam actions) and that, if the mods really "want to be members of a great community full of funny, intelligent people" they need to accept that they aren't special internet cops, they're just other 30-40 year old nerds that have been given a few extra buttons on their forums gui

how the gently caress can anyone be okay with mods continuing to act like some untouchable class of super humans that owe the rest of us neither respect nor explanation

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Gazpacho posted:

I don't know if "slur" is the right word for it but it's a relic of a worse time and it's not very nice to use disabilities to mock people who are simply bad or wrong.

Seriously 2.0
May 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Nix Panicus posted:

PPJ and Logik told everyone CSPAM was a FYAD-lite containment forum full of ironic commies who love to mod sass, so when posters started sassing master spy PPJ, who was braver than any troop and who had made great posting sacrifices on behalf of SA by 'pretending' to be a nazi, they were prepared to gun them down because they werent even real people

Jokes on them, there is nothing ironic about my love for daddy Bernie Stalin :3:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Freaking Crumbum posted:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

you would think that the mods would think something was off when a d&d thread of d&d posters started complaining about ppj

to be fair that was over the holiday season

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gazpacho posted:

It's so outdated that it skirts it imo

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Homeless Friend posted:

It's so outdated that it skirts it imo

The :fishmech: smiley, on the other hand, I will die defending.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
i remember when i got screamed at for implying :nignog: was racist

times sure have changed (for the better, obviously)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Majorian posted:

The :fishmech: smiley, on the other hand, I will die defending.
lol a handy replacement

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

you would think that the mods would think something was off when a d&d thread of d&d posters started complaining about ppj

to be fair that was over the holiday season

I dont think anyone outside of the the D&D crew read or cared about that to be honest, that or they wrote off the complainers as another CSPAM forums invasion

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

comedyblissoption posted:

lol a handy replacement

Right?! It's all about personality flaws.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Gazpacho posted:

Is it weird that its the name I don't care for, rather than the image or the concept? Asperger was a nazi who knew his charges were getting murdered, and he didnt really advance the 'science' anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't know if "slur" is the right word for it but it's a relic of a worse time and it's not very nice to use disabilities to mock people who are simply bad or wrong.

shout out to FactsAreUseless who did his best to purge the most offensive old smilies after C-SPAM posters were complaining about them, though it's easy to overlook stuff in there, and this one is only problematic if you know the context