Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

C-SPAM's idea that D&D swings conservative is loving hilarious.

D&D is conservative though? neolib at best. CSPAMs interpretation of that is just somewhat extreme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

M_Gargantua posted:

D&D is conservative though? neolib at best. CSPAMs interpretation of that is just somewhat extreme

:lol:

Source your quotes.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Posting this in what I think is the most appropriate thread.

First, loving :lol: that PCOS_Bill was Aran and at least one mod knew. If you don't know, Aran was one of the first ever permas and is the founder of Something Sensitive.

If you're not up on the forums drama, last night former and now permabanned d&d mod party planes jones was found to have been a very active participant on a bunch of nazi and alt-right discords. Koalas March and Jeffrey of YOSPOS both responded that they knew and PPJ was running deep cover to keep an eye on extreme groups. He then self-permabanned.

Okay so wait a second PCOS Bill is THIS Aran?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2614971&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

JFC someone should have pushed that fat Nazi down a steep flight of stairs years ago.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

M_Gargantua posted:

What are you talking about? D&D doesn't have a shared forum opinion on nearly anything

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kawasaki Nun posted:

What are you talking about? D&D doesn't have a shared forum opinion on nearly anything

The only constant is that whatever opinion you hold is wrong

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The only constant is that whatever opinion you hold is wrong

nu uh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

M_Gargantua posted:

:laffo:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Pencils are conservative, pens progressive. If you cannot except this didactic reality then you should spend more time posting about why landlords need to be executed.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
if you own more than $10M in rented residential property... chop chop

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

M_Gargantua posted:

if you own more than $10M in rented residential property... chop chop

Call me a tankie if you have to, but I am literally and unironically in favor of this

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, those people don't own those properties. Their LLCs do. They're just "employees" and their "successes" in loving people over on rent still always mysteriously show a loss so they can get tax credit. What do you mean by "lower executive compensation?" It's not our fault people can't pay $1500/mo for a studio!

gently caress it. Take vast swaths of land and start giving poor people random five acres plots in places where the populace is so low that ants have trouble limboing beneath the census results.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

convert all apartments and condos to housing co-ops and land trusts. remove the profit motive from all non single-family housing.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
I've got a choice between being subject to a Landlord or subject to a HOA? Thank goodness there's always the choice of jumping off the roof.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Could be worse. Could be both.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just gonna start considering getting a small travel trailer and loving off into the woods. Maybe buy a plot of desert to put a mailbox on so I have a physical address, but never be there. Load up the cat and dog, get a parks pass for being on the brokebrain VA dole, move place to place depending on the season.

It'd be nice to shed this excess poo poo I don't need and go light. Go work with my uncle on the farm a month or so around harvest then wander off to some state park before milling south for the holidays, then back to my southwestern desert patch or some remote BLM land until winter ends. Anything that puts the count of people within a mile of me below ten. Then I can watch the world burn over antenna tv.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just gonna start considering getting a small travel trailer and loving off into the woods. Maybe buy a plot of desert to put a mailbox on so I have a physical address, but never be there. Load up the cat and dog, get a parks pass for being on the brokebrain VA dole, move place to place depending on the season.

It'd be nice to shed this excess poo poo I don't need and go light. Go work with my uncle on the farm a month or so around harvest then wander off to some state park before milling south for the holidays, then back to my southwestern desert patch or some remote BLM land until winter ends. Anything that puts the count of people within a mile of me below ten. Then I can watch the world burn over antenna tv.

FEMA auctions off disaster relief trailer house things from time to time.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Didn't some of that poo poo come with black mold and wasn't it horrendously built?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm not going to live in a fema trailer.

Or at least I don't plan to.

They were riddled with cancer causing chemicals and mold, yeah.

A 16 footer with an onboard shitter is plenty big for one dude, one dog and one cat.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
IIRC those trailers had like 200 known carcinogens in em. They were pretty comfortably laid out though.

Would not recommend outside of a disaster situation

Edit: the Katrina FEMA trailers that is, dunno if they've upgraded since then

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 10, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

somethingsomething base housing

Yeah I dunno, three or four years ago I was browsing the .gov auction site for trucks and dumb poo poo and saw housing trailers.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Those trailers are too long/heavy to pull with anything Subaru makes, let alone my 15 year old Baja with an NA EJ25. I should be able to pull a 16 footer though as long as I'm not tackling modest or steeper grades all the time. Probably want to replace the radiator and add an oil cooler though.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Well while you're looking at government auctions, just wait until some of those NPS F-150 Raptors start showing up on there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wait what? The park service has Raptor F150s?

Those only come with automatic transmissions, no thanks.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm gonna stick by my manual transmissions and not trust Ford automatics. They bilked enough money out of the Focus drivers, they don't need my money.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

I want one.

I also want to buy up a used Humvee and supe it up, but that's just the idiot in me .

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Man I’ve absolutely fallen in love with these little teardrop camper trailers, like NuCamp (and others) makes. It’s basically a bed with a little outdoor kitchen, but some off-road companies make some that are like, overland style with solar power and you could go off the grid for days at a time.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Something like this :kiddo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrAnczsZ3lE

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I have seen a ton of Border Patrol Raptors

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

D&D is a perfect encapsulation of western politics: socially liberal but will rally around a literal nazi against those supporting leftists economic policies

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Those are nice, and more affordable generally, but I'm leaning more towards something like a Jayco Hummingbird in size, or a 16' Scamp. Mostly so I can stand upright inside and have a toilet, but also so Frank can still move around comfortably.

https://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2020-hummingbird/

There are plenty of travel trailers around $10k right now. What with our service economy being garbage like it is, no one wants one or simply can't afford another toy or bill. Just gonna find a warehouse job for the meantime and save up until summer and my lease ends. Maybe by then a few RV retailers will tank and I can roll away with a cheaper deal. Would also put me at a good time to go back and help my uncle with harvest.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The James May special on Amazon is kind of ok.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Lol did he go to the big dick shrine/festival in Kawasaki?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

he did a 6 ep series where he weeaboos around japan

im gonna watch the poo poo out of it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
What is name!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

james may goes to japan, its on prime

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

wait no its this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JzeSxx0LC4

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
RIP the only good Randroid ever

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Those are amazing and also the price of a new Wrangler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There are smaller teardrops with similar setups that don't cost the same as a new SUV. Ebay is littered with ads for poo poo that isn't selling.

Even with a 16' or 17' trailer, I'm going to have to do some modifying to the rear end of the Baja just to keep it level. Then the obvious power and cooling issues for climbing hills. It'll be nice though, just to gently caress off and leave for wherever feels comfortable.