Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

jeffreys notes for addressing cspam spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Agean90 posted:

it's more like that article that came out last week that showed that the FBI had an active hand in founding branches of the KKK

Look they were trying to infiltrate the KKK to protect people. The fact that they funded the founding of several chapters was just an unfortunate necessity

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Poor ol' FYAD, thought of minorities and died

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

jeffreys notes for addressing cspam spotted

lmao I sent this to him

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

lmao I sent this to him

the list of things that's gonna get your buttons taken away increases

between admin sass and acting like a goddamn reasonable member of the community you moderate, you're on thin ice

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lol yah its was nice having you as a mod

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
squizzle has my posting sword and any razzing or disagreement i post at him is because i have spent a long time posting with him and consider him a real, honest to h*ck, friend.

that is all.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

redneck nazgul posted:

the list of things that's gonna get your buttons taken away increases

between admin sass and acting like a goddamn reasonable member of the community you moderate, you're on thin ice

he thought it was funny

I like Jeffrey. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

he thought it was funny

I like Jeffrey. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jeffrey can be funny and chill to hang out with and still be utterly poo poo at his job

feel free to keep hanging out with him but please take his job away

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

razorrozar posted:

Jeffrey can be funny and chill to hang out with and still be utterly poo poo at his job

i will challenge him to posting combat

the chronicles of riddick says i become admin if I win

thats how this works right

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Lightning Knight posted:

i will challenge him to posting combat

the chronicles of riddick says i become admin if I win

thats how this works right

you keep what you kill, postian

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

razorrozar posted:

Yeah i he seems like a cool chill and funny guy but he needs to not have community moderation responsibilities

He could just sit back and lol at poo poo like this then

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
You have to eat his pancreas first but yeah otherwise thems the rules

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Games used to have a gaming thunderdome where you'd settle it with a good ole match of Quake or something

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017
i really dont think its particularly cool to lol as the forums burn when youre a fuckin admin... like at least have the respect to not do it on your admin account?? but no. everyone involved here has to be dumb, every loving second of their lives

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Lightning Knight posted:

I think admins may speak to each other on the phone but that's something they do on their own.

lol i extremely doubt it

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Schnorkles posted:

you keep what you kill, postian

to the victor... goes the spoils

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

give me the power to destroy my posting enemies

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

THOT PATROL posted:

i really dont think its particularly cool to lol as the forums burn when youre a fuckin admin... like at least have the respect to not do it on your admin account?? but no. everyone involved here has to be dumb, every loving second of their lives

When something is this insanely dumb, there's really no way to not laugh.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

im tilting my head to the sky and laughing

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

exmarx posted:

lol i extremely doubt it

I really meant to say texting but w/e people can do what they wanna do.

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017

Majorian posted:

i guess i’m just in awe at how hard he leans into the “make it worse” spiral

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Jeffrey running away to gbs instead of offering any explanation is some calm_hitler.jpeg poo poo

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Beet Wagon posted:

Mods are not gathering and archiving information on posters for later use.

Sometimes when a chat thread gets targeted by offsite (or onsite) psychopaths and that thread contains a lot of personal information on those posters, it gets moved to a hidden forum so that people won't be able to scrape it for information on those posters.

This is a wholly separate process from... whatever the gently caress was going on with PPJ.

yeah lol. in the hierarchy of things *actually* need mod attention immediately it's
1. preventing potential irl harm (basically doxxing and suicide threats)
2. editing hundreds of photos of dicks off the forums

that's it.

#1 is the reason mods are so protective of what happens in the mod forum, and presumably the reason anyone thought having a secret agent for advance warning of doxxes (lol) was a good idea.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
it's unrepentant cowardice is what it is lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh hey the threads got goldmined

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Beet Wagon posted:

I think you might be conflating two things.

The first concerns personal information that people put into public threads on SA. That's the kind of thing that gets moved to Test/Moved, when something goes wrong. It's a simple move of a thread from, say, somewhere in TGRS, or PYF, or E/N to a secret forum where outsiders won't be able to scrape it for information. I guess there's always the possibility that someone with access to that forum could leak it, but they could have anyway because prior to the move it was in a public forum.

The second is the mod forum itself, where sometimes mods talk about things other than modding. That forum gets regular resets, because it doesn't see a ton of traffic so there's the potential for any new mod to come in and see posts from mods five years ago talking about where they live or what their job is or whatever. Any personal identifying information in that forum would pertain only to the mods who were talking about themselves. The periodic resets of threads in the mod forum are meant to mitigate the threat of someone breaking bad and doxxing people by leaking the forum (and not, as someone suggested, to hide evidence of Crimes or whatever).

What is not happening in the mod forum is the assemblage of some kind of hidden database of posters private information, or who they are on offsites (I don't know how PPJ kept track of that, if they did at all, but I do know it wasn't in the mod forum) or anything like that. Does that make a little more sense? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, I'm trying to explain it the best I can.

e.g. there used to be a thread where people posted photos of their kids and stuff, but it stopped after aatrek got outed.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i would be interested in knowing which mod projects were denied sanction for being too crazy, if any

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

THOT PATROL posted:

i guess i’m just in awe at how hard he leans into the “make it worse” spiral

im still lollin at the whole thing

PPJ closing the original QCS thread to post an explanation and evidence of his findings, one of which was an anti semitic image, and getting a random admin to back up him and take down anyone making GBS threads on his CSPAM post, only for him to close that thread as well and a bunch of others spring up from the ashes and Jeff hides out in the one made in GBS

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i want to remind everyone that there is no winners and losers in this, no us vs them, we are all here and all part of a community all we want is to be heard and allowed some amount of self determination

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Suplex Liberace posted:

i want to remind everyone that there is no winners and losers in this, no us vs them, we are all here and all part of a community all we want is to be heard and allowed some amount of self determination

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Majorian posted:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Suplex Liberace posted:

pretty sure the nazi mod lost pretty hard, as well he should have

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

fits my needs posted:

i would be interested in knowing which mod projects were denied sanction for being too crazy, if any

describing anything as a 'project' or thinking there's some formal sanction process or whatever would be misleading. like, some mods don't even post in the mod forum at all.

mods are just posters who need to maintain some distance so they can be impartial-ish, and are generally cautious about what they post about themselves b/c there's a bunch of offsite psychos who want to doxx them.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i mostly agree but i will point out that being all chummy with discord nazis definitely falls into the 'loser' category so we have at least one

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

exmarx posted:

e.g. there used to be a thread where people posted photos of their kids and stuff, but it stopped after aatrek got outed.

how is this the first time I've heard about this lmao

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

NecroMonster posted:

give me the power to destroy my posting enemies

No
GBS is NOT FYAD and will not become FYAD

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

redneck nazgul posted:

i mostly agree but i will point out that being all chummy with discord nazis definitely falls into the 'loser' category so we have at least one

To be fair that's our fault. In the minds of most of the mods we dreamed that into being by being terrible, and it's really unfair what we did to poor poor PPJ.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
why does anyone on this forum still post pictures on the internet of literaly anything they took with a real camera, ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Sideshow bob stepping on rakes but it mods and benghazi