Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

drat, Billingsley can pull off a hat.

In today's Corto Maltese: You see, that's why bullet shields are important, Corto, or Brukoy has an unusual way of lifting charges, or Corto decides to leave Africa for more hospitable climes

And so we finish The Ethiopian and go onto what I consider to be the best story in the collection so far! Join us next time, won't you? In Siberia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

1997 Viivi & Wagner

Ah, the early days of mobile phone etiquette.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wow, the freshest jokes of 1950 are back! I'd sarcastically say next he'll do a "women be shopping AM I RITE" joke but I'm pretty sure he's done like 10 of those in the past month alone.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 19, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 19, 1998)

Garfield Classic (June 19, 1988)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo, a camera that can record your thoughts

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This trick also works when your partner climbs out from under a huge blanket on the couch then complains the house is freezing.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Zip

Rip

Dick

Duck

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars a special private assignment

I love the bonus panel's implication that Tarkin was born on the Death Star.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin the scab

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Fort Knox

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

Holy poo poo, Daddy Daze guy

BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

GEORGE!

Curtis

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

EasyEW posted:

Les Moore Whines About His Privilege

Look at the miserable expression on her face. Do you think Les ever asks her about how things are at work, what she did, how, she's feeling, what her name is? Nope. The sole purpose of her existence is to endure Les' endless whining ("Hollywood wants to make Lisa's Story into a movie again!? :cry: waaaah...") and be constantly reminded of how St Lisa was the greatest and best there ever was and she won't loving go away because that giant library of vhs tapes are her phylactery.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ukonvasara posted:

The problem is that you're giving it way too much credit for intentionality and coherence. What happened here is that there were no problems with the code because the concept of autocorrection simply locked the concept of computer bugs in a literal cage. The vehicles of these particular metaphors are so far from their respective tenors that they can see the curvature of the Earth (figuratively).
:hmmyes: They stopped being metaphors a long time ago.

this is part of what makes holbrook comics such weird incoherent messes

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

root posted:

Look at the miserable expression on her face. Do you think Les ever asks her about how things are at work, what she did, how, she's feeling, what her name is? Nope. The sole purpose of her existence is to endure Les' endless whining ("Hollywood wants to make Lisa's Story into a movie again!? :cry: waaaah...") and be constantly reminded of how St Lisa was the greatest and best there ever was and she won't loving go away because that giant library of vhs tapes are her phylactery.

She also has to wear a bald wig when she pegs Les during their Deliverance cosplay sessions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

God bless this comic in panel 2, so committed to the window gag he forced the speaking character's face out of the frame AND left the entire middle completely empty.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My Dad is Dracula

Pickles

Zits

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Old School Peanuts (May 18, 1951)

Calvin and Hobbes (Dec 2-3, 1986)

Robbie and Bobby (Jan 6-7, 2015)

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

She also has to wear a bald wig when she pegs Les during their Deliverance cosplay sessions.

I want to point to this bit from the BSS rules:

Waterhaul posted:

Don't Be A Creep.
It should go without saying but don't troll, create/import drama or be a creep. That includes e-stalking, posting fan fiction or your dreams and jokes of loving comic book characters.

Usually I let it slide if it's a little funny or innocuous but this post is pretty weird, and it's a Deliverance joke in 2020!

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Buddy, this guy went nuts on the Working Daze wikipedia page to the point where he pretty much got banned from editing the page.

This is what it looked like at its "height". You'd think this was some universally known and loved comic, not something that only the commenters and us know about.

God those character descriptions. 2/3's of the female characters are witches who will curse you if you look at them the wrong way. The others are "pretty and knows it" and "jealous others are more popular". He spends 5 paragraphs talking about the nuances of drawing Rita.
No wonder he has no energy left at the end of the day for stuff like "jokes" or "drawing things other than clothing folds"

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Archyduchess posted:

Usually I let it slide if it's a little funny or innocuous but this post is pretty weird, and it's a Deliverance joke in 2020!

Thank you, that was kinda weird yeah.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Foxtrot

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I actually like the little background gag of the "dermatology chart" better than the main joke.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Bloom County
December 18 + 19, 1980

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Still can't believe Boyce killed off the Keypad Kid :(

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Every once in a while Zits artist likes to remind us that he has a side gig as a political cartoonist and thus has a drat fine elephant in repertoire.

Holy smokes, Thel, just what were you planning to do to your baby?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Overboard has been a pleasant surprise to me ever since it's been posted. Thanks for throwing it in here!

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

I swear she gets fatter every strip.

The Phantom

I'm starting to think they're not going to tell any of these stories.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

"Hm...'White Claw' wonder what that's like."

Andertoons

:lol:

Popeye's Cartoon Club

Flash Gordon

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Late to the new thread but George Gatley's Heathcliff is the comic I post on and off. George created and drew Heathcliff from 1973–2001 usually as a single panel comic about a cat who is a chaotic neutral force of destruction and mischief in his home town. He is owned by the Nutmeg family. His hobbies include tipping gargabe cans, wooing his girlfriend, annoying the local fishmonger, and bullying the local dogs (going so far as to actively help the dog catchers). George's nephew, Peter Gallagher, now runs the strip and has taken it in a radical new direction as you've seen in the thread already.

Notable characters from the original run include:

*Mr. Nutmeg, Heathcliff's elderly owner.
*Iggy Nutmeg, the grandson of Mr. Nutmeg.
*Sonja, his maybe girlfriend.
*Crazy Shirley who wants to be his girlfriend.
*Spike, a bulldog who is his rival.
*Chauncey, a dog who is very nice.

Heathcliff's father is canonically in prison for crimes we can only assume can never be forgiven.

I post these out of worn out early 80's paperbacks during my lunch break at work so the quality changes daily.

Luxrage fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 12, 2020

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

It's not an edit. :catstare:

2017 Spiderman

1978 Comics

HEY GUYS JUST MAKING SURE YOU GOT THE REFERENCE

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

So, is Wal going to kill that lamb/ewe?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Green Intern posted:

So, is Wal going to kill that lamb/ewe?

I think that's the implication, yes. The squeaky wheel gets replaced.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Honestly, that boy is right. This looks gross. The correct way to write this is (25/100)/(5/100).

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Called shot: Aunt Tildy has undiagnosed and untreated diabetes.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Honestly, that boy is right. This looks gross. The correct way to write this is (25/100)/(5/100).

While it's not exactly hard to do the problem in your head either way, it's interesting (to me, anyway) that my brain approaches it in completely different ways when it's written that way vs. the way in the cartoon.

Written the way in the cartoon: oh, that's just .25 times 20. Written your way: oh, that's just 2500 over 500.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Powered Descent posted:

While it's not exactly hard to do the problem in your head either way, it's interesting (to me, anyway) that my brain approaches it in completely different ways when it's written that way vs. the way in the cartoon.

Written the way in the cartoon: oh, that's just .25 times 20. Written your way: oh, that's just 2500 over 500.

Funny, I think "Those 1/100s cancel each other out, so I only have 25/5. Now let me grab my calculator." Studying mathematics actually makes you really bad at arithmetics. But you can simplify expressions quite easily.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 12, 2020

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats

Christ, Wal, I'm no shepherd but that's a bit harsh, innit?!

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Archyduchess posted:

:wtc:
Why would this joke ever prompt a warning? The poster is making fun of Les' fixation on the cancerwife to the point of making his current partner wear a wig, the poster is not fantasizing himself about the character. (Ok, the Deliverance part was weird)

AndreTheGiantBoned fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 12, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh how I wish to return to our dear Comic Strip Megathread XVIII: Please refrain from erotic speculation about our characters

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

:wtc:
Why would this joke ever prompt a warning? The poster is making fun of Les' fixation on the cancerwife to the point of making his current partner wear a wig, the poster is not fantasizing himself about the character. (Ok, the Deliverance part was weird)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Retail

Get Fuzzy 1/11/00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Haifisch posted:

HEY GUYS JUST MAKING SURE YOU GOT THE REFERENCE