Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Calvin was a narcissistic misogynist brat, he's got to be a Republican nowadays.

e: what a way to start new page, please accept these examples of Watterson's playful art as penance

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Stultus Maximus posted:

On the other hand, gently caress nobility and their vast wealth and status based on hereditary theft and oppression. I think I'll save sympathy for people who don't voluntarily marry into crime families. And yes, I am also very specifically thinking of Melania here too.

Can we empty-quote in here? This is not to say that the bigotry of the English press isn't repugnant and that the other Royals aren't as bad or worse. In short, Meghan and Harry are a land of contrasts.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Nenonen posted:

Calvin was a narcissistic misogynist brat, he's got to be a Republican nowadays.

He also got continuosly owned by Susie to the point that his imaginary friend prefered her over him. The strip was so great.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Chamale posted:

Stantis is a hack and Prickly City will never be Calvin & Hobbes. Bill Watterson did an amazing job of funny political commentary that didn't outright take sides. Here are some comics he published in the Reagan and Bush years.

Finally, a comic from the first year of President Clinton:

Further evidence that Prickly City will never be Calvin and Hobbes.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Stultus Maximus posted:

On the other hand, gently caress nobility and their vast wealth and status based on hereditary theft and oppression. I think I'll save sympathy for people who don't voluntarily marry into crime families. And yes, I am also very specifically thinking of Melania here too.

I mean I enjoy the awful rich fuckers and the gross UK press fighting in a 'Let them fight' sort of way, ideally they'd find a way to mutually immolate.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nenonen posted:

He is also six so he has plenty of time to change.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Calvin was also incredibly pro environment so it's hard for him to think he'd vote for someone who didn't believe in climate change.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Calvin expresses his political opinions by peeing on things

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Doesn't Waterson really dislike those stickers?

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

An insane mind posted:

Can we empty-quote in here? This is not to say that the bigotry of the English press isn't repugnant and that the other Royals aren't as bad or worse. In short, Meghan and Harry are a land of contrasts.
Yeah, it's easy to simultaneously believe that
1: racist tabloids are garbage and
2: aristocrats who proudly proclaim they will become "financially independent" by relying on inherited investment properties are garbage

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Leak, Son of Leak:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

That is an astonishingly bad take. Especially when even the volunteer firefighters are calling the PM a dipshit.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Plucky Lil ScoMo, powerless to do anything further to reduce emissions.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Seriously, where the gently caress are they going?

Mostly to the right

Granted this is just because we read from left to right so this makes sense panel-to-panel in a strip where basically the only movement is walking in a desolate, featureless landscape, but about 1 in 5 where they're clearly moving in a left or right direction they're walking left so, y'know, garbage.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I thought about that cubist Calvin comic when I was at the Tabasco museum at their bottling plant and saw this display:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Someone pls draw a coyote and a girl peeing together on Calvin & Hobbes

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Please don't.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Jagged Jim posted:

Please don't.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I'm really hoping that the outcome of this Harry & Megan shite is that Brits start to realise that there's nothing seperates the royal family from every other rich arsehole and there's no reason to give them a massive taxpayer stipend when they can sort out their own 'finacial independence' on their own.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Anidav posted:

Plucky Lil ScoMo, powerless to do anything further to reduce emissions.

Yeah, so they've had all the chances to reduce emissions without risking jobs, apparently, and have only dismantled whatever climate policy we had instead.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Look at all those red lines Trump has to draw! Oh it's a Target? So the only way to be safe is to cross all of them?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mikl posted:

I'm not even kidding when I say that the DM's nickname is the Daily Heil. It's basically the Fox News of the UK press.

They're also known as the Hate Mail. They were the paper who, after Diana and Dodi Fayed died because paparazzi were chasing them, said they wouldn't buy pap photos any more. This promise lasted less than a week, as I recall.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

Look at all those red lines Trump has to draw! Oh it's a Target? So the only way to be safe is to cross all of them?

kettling.jpg

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I had heard a line or two about this but holy poo poo reading the British royal tabloid stuff is like breathing carbon monoxide.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Regalingualius posted:

The ones who literally praised Hitler back in his heyday, yes.
Yup.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Gaybies Nomination: Most willfully dense

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Gaybies Nomination: Most willfully dense

Love the implication that she wasn't a real royal lol

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I was scrolling through the Gaybies nominations thread and found this masterpiece

I can't make out the name in the top right. Does anyone know who drew this and when/where it's from?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Hand Knit posted:

I was scrolling through the Gaybies nominations thread and found this masterpiece

I can't make out the name in the top right. Does anyone know who drew this and when/where it's from?

Looks like retired due to dementia Hobart

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That reads like a bad Monty Python skit, I hope he takes care of the brainworms.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Scaramouche posted:

Looks like retired due to dementia Hobart

Thanks, found it: Jerry Holbert, April 23.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: We Tenatively Oppose War on Strictly Procedural Grounds

Ted Rall posted:

You can always count on the Democratic Party to oppose war, until the Republicans ask them to approve of them.

Tags: antiwar, Bureaucracy, Congress, Democratic Party, demonstration, Fake, Gang of 8, Gang of Eight, General Suleimani, Iran crisis, march, protest, rubberstamp, tentatively

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Spiffster, you forgot to choose an Overall Wosrt Parody Cartoon in your Gaybies voting post.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hand Knit posted:

I only discovered this genius in the gaybie thread too. This artist has such an incredible vision that I couldn't help voting for them more or less every time they came up.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: We Tenatively Oppose War on Strictly Procedural Grounds

That chant is legit hilarious, I actually laughed irl. Too bad he had to overdo it and it became tedious to read all the signs.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

BiggerJ posted:

Spiffster, you forgot to choose an Overall Wosrt Parody Cartoon in your Gaybies voting post.

gently caress thanks for the heads up

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

I only discovered this genius in the gaybie thread too. This artist has such an incredible vision that I couldn't help voting for them more or less every time they came up.
His brain is literally dying. You can watch him in real time this year as his frontal lobe shrivels up and his ability to draw or even sign his work suffers.

The bitter irony is that the conservative who railed against the welfare state now needs it...and his wife was denied disability claims for him because he was still making cartoons. Cartoons that very clearly show degradation in his abilities, and he was still denied. And the darkest aspect is that he was only submitting cartoons because drawing was one of the few things that still made him happy. So Holbert I hope your wife’s suffering was worth it to keep those drat welfare queens at bay.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Hand Knit posted:

I just have no idea what this is trying to say. I guess it's saying Sri Lanka as a whole is mourning, as represented by a random brown guy? So lazy.