Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1215371217617784835

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I see...

https://twitter.com/ianabramson/status/1217578797735669760

I said glass

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Did you intend this as a vampire bat joke or a Mussolini joke?

Yes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Galaxy brain: glass is a liquid

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/siriusclaw/status/1217322939433078784?s=21

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I think the liquid is a fundamental part of the Kool-Aid Man. It contains his essence. Imagine dumping his Kool-Aid out. His life would drain away from him. I can see his sad, scared glass face as he watches the liquid seep into the ground. Even if he lives, he would only live a half life. Even if he keeps his sentience, his vitality would be gone.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

From the comments:

King

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yoshi Wins posted:

I think the liquid is a fundamental part of the Kool-Aid Man. It contains his essence. Imagine dumping his Kool-Aid out. His life would drain away from him. I can see his sad, scared glass face as he watches the liquid seep into the ground. Even if he lives, he would only live a half life. Even if he keeps his sentience, his vitality would be gone.

Are you your blood then

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Are you your blood then

Are you anything without it?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
he's clearly called Kool-Aid Man, not Glass Pitcher Man, and he is an Invertebrate

if you froze Kool-Aid Man and removed his pitcher, would he be flayed or simply nude?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ellebrigitte/status/1217528699467288577?s=20

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

luxury handset posted:

he's clearly called Kool-Aid Man, not Glass Pitcher Man, and he is an Invertebrate

if you froze Kool-Aid Man and removed his pitcher, would he be flayed or simply nude?

Brutally nude.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

zoux posted:

Are you your blood then

Pour all your own blood out and see how long you last

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the zestimate for a 4/3 in springfield, oregon would have been easily within the reach of a single income household in the mid 80s. the real question is, is springfield a decaying town where cost of living is still relatively low or is homer simpson weighing the merits of cashing out in the face of gentrification and the general rising value of property in the PNW?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

luxury handset posted:

If kool-aid man got a kool-aid transfusion from another kool-aid man, or god forbid from just regular kool-aid, would he still be kool-aid man?

What if all of his kool-aid was transfused?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

luxury handset posted:

If what you say is true, he would molt and leave hollow pitcher/exoskeletons behind when he grew.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jasus Christ posted:

If what you say is true, he would molt and leave hollow pitcher/exoskeletons behind when he grew.

we are in agreement so far

this is the dark alliance between the kraft-heinz corp and the corningware corp

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also I think that's a dildo in there

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Also I think that's a dildo in there

And an opened pregnancy test.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

It turns out that the bill is actually for something really mundane like "stop signs at railroads". I don't mean that as a "well, actually" but I legitimately never knew what it was for and it came up in the comments so I want to pass that info along for anyone else still struggling with this lifelong mystery

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1217895266948239360?s=21

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Ignite Memories posted:

If kool-aid man got a kool-aid transfusion from another kool-aid man, or god forbid from just regular kool-aid, would he still be kool-aid man?

The Ship of Theseus/sugary beverage golem crossover we never knew we needed.

(and here’s something I need)

https://twitter.com/melissaquinn97/status/1217849087413903362?s=21

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Somebody add the phrase "the poor are" in front of seeking assistance

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

Ah yes, the sip of Theseus problem.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Seems like they should be issuing those to the female interns who work for senators.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

Ah yes, the sip of Theseus problem.

That's fuckin it, I'm deleting this thread

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Yoshi Wins posted:

I read this in Werner Herzog's voice and I think you should too. Just, nearly out of breath and whispering at the end, all sibilance and menace.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

zoux posted:

That's fuckin it, I'm deleting this thread

you're just mad you didn't think of it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shut up Meg posted:

Seems like they should be issuing those to the female interns who work for senators.

poo poo, likely female senators need them for themselves.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Memento posted:

I read this in Werner Herzog's voice and I think you should too. Just, nearly out of breath and whispering at the end, all sibilance and menace.

It's amazing how many genuinely depressing things turn funny when imagined in Werner Herzog's voice, for some reason

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Katie Hopkins is 43.

Keanu Reeves is 55

Hell, Elizabeth Warren is 70 and she looks younger.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused by the weird room behind the garage. I checked the comments and apparently it appears in like 3 episodes out of the whole 30 year run of the show.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Beartaco posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused by the weird room behind the garage. I checked the comments and apparently it appears in like 3 episodes out of the whole 30 year run of the show.

Ahh, the 80s, when a single-income unionized blue collar worker could actually afford a 4 bedroom home with a living room, family room, dining room, rumpus room, and 2-car garage (and cars to put there).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Married with Children, Al Bundy, etc. etc.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, the rapid suburbanization of the united states in the 1950s-1980s was economically similar to strip mining. just throw up a shitload of cheap housing and infrastructure and it's great! ...until 40 years later and you have to replace all that stuff as it reaches the end of its designed lifespan and oops, the tax base can't afford it, so we just let it crumble

https://www.strongtowns.org/the-growth-ponzi-scheme

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Beartaco posted:

Same. It's Homer's den or something.

If I'm not mistaken the Simpson house layout was inconsistent, rooms swapped places in a couple of episodes.

They also had a huge basement with a rumpus room and a $30,000 Olmec head statue in it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

If I'm not mistaken the Simpson house layout was inconsistent, rooms swapped places in a couple of episodes.

They also had a huge basement with a rumpus room and a $30,000 Olmec head statue in it.
:goonsay:

It stabilized by the end of Season 2 and remained consistent through the golden years. The rumpus room is on the first floor, rarely seen at all throughout the show's run--along with the downstairs bathroom which has been seen only once or twice if ever.

The basement does still have the $30k Olmec statue, and it is still gigantic.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

They also have an outhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1217866007542423559

https://twitter.com/iknownaama/status/1217491321335795712