Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Right Trigger or left click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
3 v 3 is loving fun. I love it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
The 3v3 is really good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

soggybagel posted:

3 v 3 is loving fun. I love it.

They need to give your teammates different color names/dots.

“He’s back left Yanni!” Pop! Pop! Pop! “Oh that was Carver”

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sextro posted:

I've realized the real weakness of I'm wondering what sort of setup people are using, on xbox, to be able to A-D-A-D-A-D as if they were on a keyboard. I'd figure they were using some sorta m/kb hookup for the console, but I'm still out shooting them way too often for that to be the case.

My friend does rally fast semi-circles with the stick. Like dudes a fuckin pro at it. I was watching him play once and it gave me flashbacks of N64 Mario Party.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
so i recently discovered that the top bar will show gunfire pings. also that you can fire while going ADS

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Getting a Juggernaut like two mins into shoothouse dm is amazing, lol. Went 19-2

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Headquarters is fun

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

jerman999 posted:

Headquarters is fun

HC HQ is not fun though. Especially on smaller maps.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Now I have to capture 20 flags in Ground War, and Ground War can gently caress right off

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Beastie posted:

HC HQ is not fun though. Especially on smaller maps.

counterpoint HC HQ is fun.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

MF_James posted:

counterpoint HC HQ is fun.

Especially when you are leveling those launchers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Narrator posted:

Now I have to capture 20 flags in Ground War, and Ground War can gently caress right off

Does it count if you capture the first point when the game starts and then quit? Because that’s how I would do it.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

RCarr posted:

Does it count if you capture the first point when the game starts and then quit? Because that’s how I would do it.

It does. In fact, you can generally get 3 flags (2minimum) at the start of a round.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

RCarr posted:

It does, and that's probably better for my sanity than trying to play full matches of ground war

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://www.infinityward.com/news/2020-01/Season_One_Extended

Season one is getting a two week extension to the 11th of February because they're planning on adding more stuff, including a crossbow that's unlocked via challenges (which maybe is how they'll make season pass guns unlockable outside of the season pass?).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jan 16, 2020

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Not a loving crossbow. Anything but a loving crossbow

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Hmm, molotov, shield and crossbow

I'ma be laying siege to ur castlez

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

E.G.G.S. posted:

If you want to cheese out an easy chopper gunner/gunship/juggernaut for a mission just head into ground war with pointman on and shoot down all the killstreaks. There is no honour in this.

The game is designed to be a fast TTK slaughterhouse where only hyped up kids with more monster than blood in their veins can reliably get a chopper gunner killstreak, there absolutely is honour in this.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

GyverMac posted:

The game is designed to be a fast TTK slaughterhouse where only hyped up kids with more monster than blood in their veins can reliably get a chopper gunner killstreak, there absolutely is honour in this.

I've been trying this to get it thanks to E.G.G.S. post and I've come fairly close to it. It's not have bad a way plus its leveling my rocket launchers.

Just wish the enemy ran personal radars and UAVs more!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

jerman999 posted:

Headquarters is fun

HQ and Hardpoint are probably my favorite modes, yeah

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

E.G.G.S. posted:

If you want to cheese out an easy chopper gunner/gunship/juggernaut for a mission just head into ground war with pointman on and shoot down all the killstreaks. There is no honour in this.

I was curious and decided to try this. 3 matches in a row where my team lost via defcon within 6 minutes each time. gently caress groundwar.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sextro posted:

I was curious and decided to try this. 3 matches in a row where my team lost via defcon within 6 minutes each time. gently caress groundwar.

I only play Ground war to grind kills with my LMGs. They are pretty much useless in any other gamemode. But yeah, ground war feels like an afterthought, like IW wanted to be battlefield without knowing what makes battlefield good.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

E.G.G.S. posted:

Ty for the moneyball answer

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

GyverMac posted:

I only play Ground war to grind kills with my LMGs. They are pretty much useless in any other gamemode. But yeah, ground war feels like an afterthought, like IW wanted to be battlefield without knowing what makes battlefield good.

Lmgs are great at spawn camping shipment domination. Ive been the victim of it many times.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

GyverMac posted:

To be fair DICE doesn't know what made battlefield good either.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

ZombieCrew posted:

Lmgs are great at spawn camping shipment domination. Ive been the victim of it many times.

dont forget the aug has a 100 round drum option for some reason

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

did they rearrange the season officer/challenge/badge page thing to make more sense or am i losing my mind

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

GyverMac posted:

like IW wanted to be battlefield without knowing what makes battlefield good.

The glitches?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Fart Car '97 posted:

This was not that. This was full-on, 180* instant target locking, not even trying to hide it, laughing while the whole-lobby groans at the killcam aimbotting and esp tracking.

Yeah, I've seen that. It's especially fun when their killcam shows me spawning in and they just snap to and start following me through a couple of buildings. No way they could've heard me, let alone known when and where I spawned.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
so we can assume the hack detection sucks then?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
The daily challenge kill the enemy with their own weapon 6 times is deeply frustrating

Get a gun, reload it safely, try to hunt for the same guy who dropped it, inevitably die a lot because you're taking risks, get frustrated, whenever you do see the same player let the pressure make you react sloppily and die, repeat

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 17, 2020

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I dont think I can enjoy the game anymore without shipment 24/7. Shoothouse is such a giant piece of poo poo compared to it. It truly is Mcdonalds to Shipment's Wendy's. Then I had a round on Grazna, its like loving pubg wandering around looking for someone. Tried ground war with pointman to see if I could shoot down some streaks like was suggested, saw gently caress all, but at least brought back some old BF memories with the sniper. Maybe I'm just crooked tonight (I definitely am)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
im sorry but you have a broken brain. i am a doctor i know about these things

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

codo27 posted:

I dont think I can enjoy the game anymore without shipment 24/7. Shoothouse is such a giant piece of poo poo compared to it. It truly is Mcdonalds to Shipment's Wendy's. Then I had a round on Grazna, its like loving pubg wandering around looking for someone. Tried ground war with pointman to see if I could shoot down some streaks like was suggested, saw gently caress all, but at least brought back some old BF memories with the sniper. Maybe I'm just crooked tonight (I definitely am)

How smooth is your brain?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Is the ram good? What kinda attachment should I be running on this thing

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tokubetsu posted:

Is the ram good? What kinda attachment should I be running on this thing

No

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I have noticed people on Kill cams "pre firing" when rounding corners so not every insta laser death is a hacker, especially less so on consoles.

Hell there's been a few times I have used it based on seeing shadows on the ground.

Shadows and footsteps are very useful in this game

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Booted up the house after a month back home, gold 725 fully sawn off still delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Laserface posted:

The glitches?

more games need fun bugs like using AA guns to launch tanks across the map like BF1942 had, imo