Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Tatty could use the hat as his poop bucket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

goethe.cx posted:

Did we? I don’t remember it

There's an update to that story somewhere

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

rear end-sitting cake helmet in the head slot. Go.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Power Khan posted:

There's an update to that story somewhere

It's right below the first tweet unless you meant a second update

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1218114571132702722

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Gurglespurt jeans
Tee with the stain (WITH THE STAIN)
got the whole club
Filling a complaint

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

teen witch posted:

Gurglespurt jeans
got the whole club
Filling a complaint

No

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
IT HIT THE FLOOR, NEXT THING YOU KNOW

lovely's gonna blow blow blow blow blow blow blow

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Motherfucker posted:

Everybody screaming "no no no no no no no no"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah it should be "Cum-stained dress shirt (1/40)"

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

My [32F] fiances [33M] hobby is driving me crazy

u/IllBudget5 posted:

This is a throwaway account.

Hello everyone. I am in a committed relationship with my fiance more than 7 years and we are living together since 2015.

He is an animal lover. He had cats, birds, dogs, hedgehogs, even a ferret for a short period of time. Since we moved in together we agreed to have only one pet, a cat.

Everything was going smooth until one day he wanted an aquarium. I said fine because, you know, it just some fish swimming in an enclosed space and they look nice so I didn't hesitated to say yes.

Just in one year number of aquariums in the house rose to six. Now there are 12 aquariums. We have 10 gallons to 300 gallons. I couldn't stopped him. He is always finding new things to try and his passion never faded away. There is no free space in our house anymore. Whenever I look I see aquariums, filters, lamps and other aquarium related stuff. Our house is not even that big!

The other problem is money. We both work and have decent jobs but taking care of 12 aquariums is quite expensive. More than half of his salary just goes to aquarium expenses. He always buys the most expensive equipments, most expensive fish food, most expensive supplements and the most expensive fishes. Like recently he bought a fish for 500 dollars. He is financially hurting himself.

And the other thing is we stopped traveling. We used to travel all over the world but since he can't leave his swimming babies alone for long we can't leave the house more than a day. There is no way he would let someone, even a professional, take care of the aquariums for a week.

What should I do? I don't want to break his heart but I can't continue to live with this amount of fish in my life. I don't want to leave him. I want him to compromise and agree to have one aquarium. I know he is going to react in a bad way, how should I handle this?

TD;DR: loving aquaman living in my house and I want him to be reasonable.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

teen witch posted:

Gurglespurt jeans
got the whole club
Filling a complaint
:perfect:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

so much better goddamn

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA for setting up a Satanic altar in my living room?

My landlord is selling the house that I live in and hosting an open house this Saturday. My lease isn’t up until June, but it is very likely they will try to force me to move out early. Yes I know this is illegal and yes I am looking into the proper legal avenues to take.

I have a very large painting of Satan that my partner and I purchased off of one of their college classmates a few years ago. It currently hangs in an office that we don’t use much. I want to move it to the living room for Saturday. We have a small table in the living room that normally holds cat food, but as the cats have to be out of the house for the open house, I want to move the cat food temporarily and drape the table in a tablecloth I normally use for Halloween. I will put it under the painting of Satan and deck it out with black taper candles so it looks like an altar. I also have a few pentagram decorations inherited from my Wiccan mom that I can put out for good measure.

My thinking is I can’t stop the open house, but I can definitely put people off of buying it. I like my house and would like to stay while I can.

Edit: The reason I think I will be evicted is because I've asked the landlords and they are being cagey and claiming they can't answer my questions. So I am preparing for the worst.

Buying the house myself is not an option because I'm broke.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

r/relationships: loving aquaman living in my house and I want him to be reasonable

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

r/relationships: loving aquaman living in my house and I want him to be reasonable

:laffo: holy gently caress

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I can't continue to live with this amount of fish in my life

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Somebody help me with my budget.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Fish $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
swap out all the fish with salmon, now you can earn money and be prepared in case of an apocalypse

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for outing my sister for having gotten cosmetic surgery to her boyfriend after she made fun of our waitress’s appearance?

I (19M) have two siblings, both older sisters, Lucy (24F) and Lily (22F). Lucy is absolutely fine. I don’t hate Lily, but she sometimes makes fun of people’s appearances, including Lucy’s and mine. This has been going on for a decade, albeit much less often nowadays. I have never spoken up when she made fun of other people’s looks before, but I’ve since grown out of my timidity to stick up for others. I don’t think I’m even close to ugly, so I never cared when she made fun of my looks. I just write Lily off as being insecure and having body dysmorphia.

She has gotten her nose, lips, cheeks, forehead, and boobs done I don’t even know how many times between ages 19 and 21. She was objectively pretty before and got more compliments for her looks from our relatives than Lucy got. Her procedures are subtle except for the boobs, so her face looks pretty natural still. Lily’s last boyfriend knew about her procedures. He paid for most of them. I wasn’t sure if her current boyfriend knew. They’ve been together for five months.

I met Lily and her boyfriend for dinner last night. Our waitress was a little overweight and knocked into our table twice as she was walking around. The second time, Lily told us that it must suck being that fat and that ugly. I’m okay if she makes fun of my looks since I think I’m pretty good-looking, but I dislike it when she makes fun of other people’s looks. I told her that someone who has gotten half a dozen cosmetic surgeries shouldn’t be making fun of other people’s looks.

Lily and her boyfriend both looked surprised. He said to Lily that he thought she only got her boobs done. I told him to add nose, lips, cheeks, forehead, and whatever else I don’t know about to that list, not to mention microdermabrasion, skin whitening creams, fat burner pills, and what have you. He said he had no idea. Lily asked me what the gently caress was wrong with me.

I told her that she shouldn’t be such a hypocrite and should really grow up and stop making fun of people’s looks. Her boyfriend voiced his agreement. He said that he couldn’t tell she got any work done on her face even after looking at her childhood and high school photos. I said that I don’t know why she went through all that trouble to look pretty much the same.

Lily told us to stop talking about this with so many other people within earshot. I didn’t notice anyone paying attention to us, but we didn’t talk about that anymore. Lily seemed anxious the rest of the dinner. Lily texted me later last night that I’m a dirtbag for embarrassing her in public like that. I told her to use this as a lesson to become a better person. She told me not to talk to her that way. I sent her an eye roll emoji 🙄. She didn’t respond.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

zakharov posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Fish $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Smashmouth eat the fish

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Fish guy needs to get schooled about his spending halibuts before he tanks their fin-ances. It sounds like they are already close to being underwater.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

:rowdytrout:

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Known Lecher posted:

Speaking of brain worms and Burning Man, that reminded me of this classic:

https://medium.com/@ianmack/love-will-be-the-death-of-us-7baa690dcd0#.h9nw87waw
Thank you for posting this, the most finely artisan-crafted self-own by the world's most pretentious man. I like re-reading it every few years. I've found, like a fine wine, it simply gets better with age.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for being mean to the driver who was in a car wreck which ended up killing one of my friends?

I will be referring to the driver as D, the victim who died as J and the other person as B

about 2 weeks ago there was this really bad car wreck that had 7 people from my school. It was a speeding accident where 5/7 were in the bed of the truck and the whole truck rolled over. Everyone but the driver was injured and 4 had to get surgery and one sadly succumbed to his injuries and died in the hospital. The one who died was a really close friend of mine, I was heart broken cause I was literally on the phone with him like 10 minutes before the wreck. Everyone knows who the driver is and he still showed up to school which honestly I can respect, I wasn't really close with him but I saw him around and he was sad the first day back after the wreck.

That all changed tho, literally the next day back when everyone is still grieving and D starts cracking jokes like nothing happened and he didn't speed down a hill and flip over a truck. I am in the same class as him and he acted like literally nothing happened and was cracking jokes. I overheard one that made my skin crawl he said something like "maybe J was actually in the front where I wanted him he wouldn't have died" and started laughing along with 2 others. I was pure disgusted by that, here is this kid who basically killed someone and then JOKED about it 2 days after the fact.

This all happened yesterday, he was talking to this guy who sits next to me (the driver was in front of me) and said something like "Yeah B is home now, he has his whole jaw wired cause it got broken". I added myself to the convo and said "wow how did B break his jaw, must have been something pretty crazy huh?" and looked right at him. He got sad and turned around.

I went to eat lunch with my friends cause it was finals and we always do that, I told them the story of what I did and some said they agree with what I did and others said I went too far. IDK what to think anymore so reddit I ask you AITA here?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA for setting up a Satanic altar in my living room?

My landlord is selling the house that I live in and hosting an open house this Saturday. My lease isn’t up until June, but it is very likely they will try to force me to move out early. Yes I know this is illegal and yes I am looking into the proper legal avenues to take.

I have a very large painting of Satan that my partner and I purchased off of one of their college classmates a few years ago. It currently hangs in an office that we don’t use much. I want to move it to the living room for Saturday. We have a small table in the living room that normally holds cat food, but as the cats have to be out of the house for the open house, I want to move the cat food temporarily and drape the table in a tablecloth I normally use for Halloween. I will put it under the painting of Satan and deck it out with black taper candles so it looks like an altar. I also have a few pentagram decorations inherited from my Wiccan mom that I can put out for good measure.

My thinking is I can’t stop the open house, but I can definitely put people off of buying it. I like my house and would like to stay while I can.

Edit: The reason I think I will be evicted is because I've asked the landlords and they are being cagey and claiming they can't answer my questions. So I am preparing for the worst.

Buying the house myself is not an option because I'm broke.

Flippers ain't going to care.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being mean to the driver who was in a car wreck which ended up killing one of my friends?

You're not the rear end in a top hat enough.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

I thought that too, but he had the cash to run the show.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for outing my sister for having gotten cosmetic surgery to her boyfriend after she made fun of our waitress’s appearance?

Owning people this hard has been illegal since 1863

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
This one sounds kinda familiar for some reason, but seems like a followup...

quote:

r/relationships
•Posted byu/UnhappyMom3

My husband has whisked away the kids from me, what can I do?

My (F27) husband (M29) and kids (F5 & F3) are big fans of Frozen. I like it but I am not a fan the way they are. My husband is mostly a stay-at-home dad, doing some occasional side jobs. I work full time.

In late November, our daughters told my husband that they wished to be called Elsa and Anna and my husband complied. This happened while I was at work so I didn't see it occurring. Since then, they stopped responding to their real names and only respond to Elsa and Anna. I played along for a bit, but was getting fed up.

I asked my husband to stop but he is refusing to do so saying that it makes them happy and that they will outgrow it. And that "just cause I am a woman it does not give me veto rights on how kids are raised". I told him that he is being irresponsible, and living out his fantasy in having his daughters named Elsa and Anna. (He actually wanted to name our kids Elsa and Anna).

Of course, I take concern in having my kids named after movie characters. I don't mind engaging in play time, but a de facto name change is too much.

On Christmas Eve when my husband and I were wrapping presents, I told him that we can have presents from Elsa and Anna, but not to Elsa and Anna because those are not their names and they need to understand that. My husband said that if they want to be called Elsa and Anna in order to "honour" the characters we should respect their wishes, and that it will "most likely" die down. After we wrapped the packages and my husband went to bed, I changed the labels so that the presents were addressed to our kids' real names. However, when I woke up on Christmas day, I found out that my husband had woken up at some point when I was asleep and had changed the names back. I wanted to change the change the names again but the kids were already waking up and I didn't want to get caught.

Our daughters had immense excitement that Elsa and Anna would be sending them gifts and "knowing our new names". Not wanting to ruin Christmas for them, I humoured their name choices the rest of the day at Church and when visiting family. My parents were visibly displeased that our kids were going my Elsa and Anna, and it was clear that both of our extended families were negatively judging me (of course since my husband is Male he escapes judgement even though this was his fault) for having kids who are de facto named Elsa and Anna.

The rest of the Christmas break was spent with my husband and I arguing. I told him that I do not approve of a de facto name change and being fanatically obsessed with fictional characters to be want to named after them is unhealthy. My husband once again said that this is a phase, but that Elsa and Anna would be better names for the kids anyways and perhaps he should get them legally changed. Having had enough, I exiled him to the couch starting On Jan 1 2020. I also told him that I would stop financially supporting him. So like I'd continue paying house expenses, but he would need to pay for example his clothes. None of this worked and he continued calling them Elsa and Anna since "that is what they preferred".

When school started on Jan 6, my 5 year old told her teacher that she wished to be called Elsa. When my husband picked her up from school, the teacher asked him about this and he told the teacher that she does go by Elsa now and that is what we call her, and the teacher agreed to calling our 5-year old Elsa. I know this because my 5-year old showed it off, and my husband also confirmed it to me in a juvenile, braggart manner.

No longer willing to deal with the nonsense, I told my husband that he needs to leave the house next morning and can take our 3-year old with him but that I am keeping our 5-year old with me. My husband objected to separating our kids, to which I replied that he can live without them. The next morning, my husband said good-bye to the kids, told them that he needs to leave cause "Mommy is being a meanie" and that "Elsa" and "Anna" can choose weather or not they wanted to come with him "on an adventure". And just like that, my husband whisked my kids away from me and has taken them on a train / bus trip around the region. The kids skype me every night so I know that they are safe, but my husband and I are no longer talking, and the kids still only respond to Elsa and Anna. The 5-year old has also not been attending school since Jan 7, but she did tell me that she will start school again on Monday

My goal is reconciliation which just seems unlikely since my husband is acting crazy and refusing to compromise. I am in the process of filing a separation decree, where hopefully my husband and I can get mediation and work it out. Right now though, I want my kids back.

TL;DR: My kids wanted to be called Elsa and Anna. My husband overindulged them and now they only respond to those names. My husband always wanted the kids named Elsa and Anna. I do not want my kids named after cartoon characters. He and I fought. I kicked him out of the house. He took the kids with him. Hoping to file a separation for now but hope to reconcile

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Kenshin posted:

Thats kidnapping, report him to the cops, His bank accounts should be Frozen that'll teach him to just Let it Go

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I definitely posted a previous story about Elsa and Anna, I think it was before Christmas

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

hell yeah

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Motherfucker posted:

lovely's got brown brown brown brown brown brown note

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Tempura Wizard posted:

Thank you for posting this, the most finely artisan-crafted self-own by the world's most pretentious man. I like re-reading it every few years. I've found, like a fine wine, it simply gets better with age.

I can't help but feel a little bit of the sadness that's oozing out of this article but god drat I think I hate this man I've never met. What a loving idiot. I'm also getting the vibe that he really likes dropping references to things like postmodernism but doesn't understand it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Wife: these aquariums are out of control. They're expensive, overrunning our house, and disrupting our social/vacation schedule!

Husband: EVERYTHING'S BETTER, DOWN WHERE IT'S WETTER, TAKE IT FROM MEEEE!!!!

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

DemoneeHo posted:

It's right below the first tweet unless you meant a second update

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1218114571132702722

Honestly, it sounds like this girl is doing the guy a huge favor by leaving. Shes sounds insane.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Chomp8645 posted:

Wife: these aquariums are out of control. They're expensive, overrunning our house, and disrupting our social/vacation schedule!

Husband: EVERYTHING'S BETTER, DOWN WHERE IT'S WETTER, TAKE IT FROM MEEEE!!!!

Speaking of, was there ever a conclusion to that tale of 'I cheated on my wife, and now she wants a year of Disney stuff'?

I remember something about wanting to cosplay as Ariel and Prince Eric for a fancy seafood dinner.

E:

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Kenshin posted:

Last month AITA declared her rightfully concerned and told her she's not the rear end in a top hat. This month relationship_advice is roasting her for acting on what AITA said.

This is why you don't take advice from reddit.