Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Wild prediction time: WC wins, gets the key, realises that she doesn't owe Mettaton poo poo and goes off on a wild one, becoming the villian of the final act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JustaDamnFool posted:

Wild prediction time: WC wins, gets the key, realises that she doesn't owe Mettaton poo poo and goes off on a wild one, becoming the villian of the final act.

"Hey everyone, Metatton here to remind you that Metatron lives!"
\|

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I guess I figured the spear was a Zoss thing after this, but not that it was only Zoss's thing despite other people trying.

Notable that Zoss could do this before making the Key.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I'm going to be pretty surprised if White Chain no sells this. It seems to have hit her bottom half, and we've seen that a just Allison version of it can kill an immortal tree monster and make a Demiurge who practices Head of John bleed. Leaving the top half intact allows White Chain to speak as her essence leaks out the missing half of her body.

My initial guess is that White Chain is gonna be taking a trip to the void, while Allison has a breakdown about doing it and blaming herself for "killing" White Chain. I'd be down with her creating a new body whole cloth via the Red Art and bringing back White Chain immediately, though.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

GunnerJ posted:

Zoss is boss. I would love a prequel about him, or perhaps collected writings about his rise as text updates.

e: To avoid making a triple post, I wanted to add that I am loving LOVING what Operant is doing with Allicio's eyes. You can clearly see the emotions that both Cio and Al are feeling, and that's an incredible feat considering that Cio's eyes are playing a double role as Allison's eyebrows.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 18, 2020

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm gonna be really dissapointed if White Chain gets chumped two pages after using her ultimate technique.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Who What Now posted:

I'm gonna be really dissapointed if White Chain gets chumped two pages after using her ultimate technique.

I kinda hope she does. Maybe Allisons back wasn't in this throw but a serious attack not at least crippling her would kinda undersell the limited power scaling that has been established. If Allison can't one shot an angel how does she stand a chance against Solomon or Jag?

Waiting for the angelic nuclear chain reaction to be the arena leveling chaos that allows the crew to escape with Zaid, and the second angel left standing in the rubble, winning the tournament by default.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

I kinda hope she does. Maybe Allisons back wasn't in this throw but a serious attack not at least crippling her would kinda undersell the limited power scaling that has been established. If Allison can't one shot an angel how does she stand a chance against Solomon or Jag?

Waiting for the angelic nuclear chain reaction to be the arena leveling chaos that allows the crew to escape with Zaid, and the second angel left standing in the rubble, winning the tournament by default.

yeah if you're going to tell us "this is the weapon that no one else can use, with which the Conquering King killed Heaven" then White Chain no-selling a direct hit would just be confusing

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Again, I'm assuming it'll be a glancing hit that seriously damages but doesn't incapacitate her. This doesn't feel like the end of the fight, pacing-wise - this is just the initial exchange of arguments.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I could believe it takes White Chain out, but taking an angel out is a very dangerous thing to do. Especially when there is another angel on the battlefield with unknown and potentially hostile intentions.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm guessing the part we will deffo not like is probably Allicio drops WC and their friend/mentorship is irrevocably severed for the rest of the comic. THEN Solomon dunks on Allicio bad enough to split them and possibly send Cio back to the black flame while Allison is rendered unconscious from the shock? Princess and Co either get away without knowing what happens until too late, or stick around and get her, but Cio is possibly gone forever?

gently caress I dug too deep. I'm probably super wrong, and that's ok with me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

yeah if you're going to tell us "this is the weapon that no one else can use, with which the Conquering King killed Heaven" then White Chain no-selling a direct hit would just be confusing

There's a happy middle between no selling and getting jobbed like Piccolo. I'm hoping it's gonna be more like that. I trust Opperant, though.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1218398415270436864

alt-text: Ancient Weapon

first time we've seen allison do this outside of that dream fight with incubus yeah?

No she used it in an early round in this tournament

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Who What Now posted:

There's a happy middle between no selling and getting jobbed like Piccolo. I'm hoping it's gonna be more like that. I trust Opperant, though.

agreed. also, speaking of, this fight has confirmed that white chain's power level is far more gokus than i thought initially

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

eke out posted:

agreed. also, speaking of, this fight has confirmed that white chain's power level is far more gokus than i thought initially

:goku: was foreshadowing after all

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GunnerJ posted:

Zoss = Zeus = god of thunder

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Zoss = Zeus = Gwyn Lord of Sunlight

How many dragon scales y'all think Zoss peeled off with his spear?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Oddly enough I find myself less involved in the fighting (not that it isn’t badass) so much as the argument going on here. The fact Allicio is carrying on a moral debate quite well in the middle of a desperate fight kind of puts the lie to White Chain complaining about discipline really.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MadDogMike posted:

Oddly enough I find myself less involved in the fighting (not that it isn’t badass) so much as the argument going on here. The fact Allicio is carrying on a moral debate quite well in the middle of a desperate fight kind of puts the lie to White Chain complaining about discipline really.
Yeah, Allicio is confirming in one sentence and one attack that not only is she more Royal and a much more fitting heir than White Chain claims, she's also a better-adjusted person than her.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

"Power is nothing without discipline" I shout as a bolt of raw powers blows me in a million pieces.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

team overhead smash posted:

"Power is nothing without discipline" I shout as a bolt of raw powers blows me in a million pieces.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
White Chain is gonna redirect the spear like Iroh redirecting lightning it's gonna be rad as gently caress yall

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Who What Now posted:

White Chain is gonna redirect the spear like Iroh redirecting lightning it's gonna be rad as gently caress yall

Looks like it already hit. Also, gently caress her she doesn't deserve to redirect it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Please Allicio go full Asura

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

OgreNoah posted:

Looks like it already hit. Also, gently caress her she doesn't deserve to redirect it.

White Chain is a spikey egg that needs to break out of her shell* and embrace her femininity.

*This is likely not going to be figurative

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Who What Now posted:

White Chain is a spikey egg that needs to break out of her shell* and embrace her femininity.

*This is likely not going to be figurative
These gender reveal parties are getting way out of hand.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Hell yeah, gonna smash the patriarchy.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
White Chain finally breaks out of her shell, killing dozens and injuring hundreds more

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

COMIN' OUT OF MY SHELL AND I'VE BEEN MADE OF SUCH FIRE

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hostile V posted:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Here Hector entered...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hostile V posted:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Why are you gendering White Chain as female? They are clearly trying to identify as male. And isn't the personal identity more important than other factors? Sure, that identity is based on internalized dogmata to the point of brainwashing and feels wrong, but shouldn't we respect WCs stated opinion?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Because the only people who don’t gender WC as female are her fellow angels who dislike her showing femininity

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

buncha’ cops bein’ bastards

be gay do crimes

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

M_Gargantua posted:

Because the only people who don’t gender WC as female are her fellow angels who dislike her showing femininity

Well, WC is kinda part of that group, in that regard.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why are you gendering White Chain as female? They are clearly trying to identify as male. And isn't the personal identity more important than other factors? Sure, that identity is based on internalized dogmata to the point of brainwashing and feels wrong, but shouldn't we respect WCs stated opinion?

Fictional characters aren't people and don't have identity or opinions as such. Instead, the reader determines the character's feelings through the intersubjective process of reading.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I used to be of that opinion, because the text was vague enough, but at one point when Tom was hanging out in the RoP voice chat he referred to White Chain by female pronouns so that’s what I’m going with now.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

You've got to apply a different standard for fictional characters, since we're viewing their lives entirely from the outside. With real people you should respect the way they presently identify - even if it's obvious to you how they really feel deep down - but for fictional characters there isn't a "presently". Especially characters that explore their gender as part of the story, as is the case with White Chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

pseudorandom name posted:

Hell yeah, gonna smash the patriarchy.

What do you think they're there to do, in Solomon Dave's empire?