Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Araganzar posted:

I mean this is a very Okawaru scroll but it's still vastly improved, IMO. What do people think?

I really like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Latest fixes, Jan 18, 2020:
Windows: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wKIU6HWfnXGgpWzfqdoLafXFNAm1lXWK
Linux: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1amYFBzqc19wsXINPJaqpLUTzrCYqUm8h

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Yea, as much as it was cool to be able to wish for the caster staff that you're missing, a post-generation list is very nice and a solid improvement. I assume it's still using the old acquirement code of trying to generate things it thinks you can use?

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

You'll be pleased to know, I'm sure, that the game is now back to simply murdering my MiBes instead of crashing. :v:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Araganzar posted:

I'll merge goondev and rebuild, talking to HG we're going to remove Conjure Flame from the starter book and add Dazzling Spray, which can be cast reliably with almost no hexes and is not spellpower-dependent.

Been playing the Weekly Challenge on Project 357 and thought you might like to see the new acquirement menu:

I mean this is a very Okawaru scroll but it's still vastly improved, IMO. What do people think?

if you're a caster and don't have an enhancer staff that axe could be pretty nice

also if you're a caster and lack rElec

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Araganzar posted:

Been playing the Weekly Challenge on Project 357 and thought you might like to see the new acquirement menu:

I think scroll of retirement should be a separate, guaranteed option in the menu if you don't like the other offerings, but otherwise, this is an excellent idea.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Retirement?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Serephina posted:

Retirement?
"Scroll of retirement" is ooooold Crawl slang for using acquirement for gold.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
https://crawl.kelbi.org/crawl/morgue/Captainsalami/morgue-Captainsalami-20200119-074601.txt

15 runed a Abomb. Turns out with 23 slaying you can three shot orb of fires with a bow.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Captainsalami posted:

https://crawl.kelbi.org/crawl/morgue/Captainsalami/morgue-Captainsalami-20200119-074601.txt

15 runed a Abomb. Turns out with 23 slaying you can three shot orb of fires with a bow.

So weird, I started an A-Bomb and got Zephyr for my artefact too, and then I found a laj of speed, too! (and Finisher :getin:)

brae posted:

gently caress shaft traps.

Ain't no shaft trap like an Orc 1 shaft trap....

code:
You fall through a shaft!
 The shaft crumbles and collapses.
 A warg and 20 orcs come into view.
 An orc knight is wielding a war axe of electrocution.
 The orc warlord shouts! The orc warrior shouts! The orc shouts! x2
 The orc warrior shouts! The orc shouts! The warg howls! The orc shouts!
 The orc high priest shouts! The orc sorcerer shouts! The orc knight shouts!
 The orc sorcerer shouts! The orc warrior shouts! The orc knight shouts!
 The orc wizard shouts! You hear a shout! x5
 An orc warrior comes into view. It is wielding a hand axe.
 An orc comes into view. It is wielding a whip.
 The orc knight roars a battlecry!
 The orcs go into a battle-frenzy!
 The orc warlord roars a battlecry!
 The orcs go into a battle-frenzy!
 An orc warrior comes into view. It is wielding a trident.
 You block the orc knight's attack.
 An orc comes into view. It is wielding a mace.
 An orc priest comes into view. It is wielding an enchanted flail.
 The orc sorcerer completely misses you. The orc warrior completely misses you.
_The orc shouts! You hear a shout!
How're them Duke boys gonna get outta this one?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Them Duke boys better have some consumables up their sleeve still or they probably ain't.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Araganzar posted:

Getting to pick from a number of choices like that is really good, but at the same time, the way you actually used to have your choice of categories to pick from was very good and useful and meant you always got something you could use in-slot one way or the other. Maybe if you at least still got a Weapon/Gear/Other choice before a screen like that is generated? Really, really needing a new spellbook at not getting one because one slot of that list is lost on useless gold and the other is lost on useless rations would really suck a lot.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Can't find it in the changelog or anything so I'll just ask: did gooncrawl fork before Lee's Rapid Deconstruction got killed? As in, does LRD work like it used to?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

Can't find it in the changelog or anything so I'll just ask: did gooncrawl fork before Lee's Rapid Deconstruction got killed? As in, does LRD work like it used to?

Yes, it still does.

I should probably update the changelog...

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Floodkiller posted:

Yes, it still does.

I should probably update the changelog...

cool, I'll play this then

it may sound stupid but LRD was very much the straw that broke the camel's back for me and stock crawl, but I'm sick of just playing .22 forever

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

so is there some reason why clicking to move to a tile in gooncrawl doesn't work like 60% of the time?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

cock hero flux posted:

so is there some reason why clicking to move to a tile in gooncrawl doesn't work like 60% of the time?
You might be the first person to report this bug, actually? You're very much in the minority for preferring mouse control. FK's a genius, though, they'll figure it out soon.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Mouse control stuff has always been a little wonky for me, but that's true in Trunk as well. I sometimes use the mouse to speed up inventory management, but I occasionally end up regretting it when things go off the rail and mouseclicks start affecting items I'm not clicking on or doing the wrong actions. Nothing more fun than ducking around a corner to heal or teleport, only to find that clicking on a consumable makes your character take off and sometimes drop their armor.

I mostly just the mouse as a quick look command in Crawl, at this point. It's very convenient and consistent for that, and usually works for fast-travelling by clicking on the map, but trying to do anything else has always been flirting with death as it adds artificial, inscrutable miskeys into my gameplay on top of the wealth of them I already commit.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

You might be the first person to report this bug, actually? You're very much in the minority for preferring mouse control. FK's a genius, though, they'll figure it out soon.

I only use it for long distances because just clicking on the down stairs once is much quicker than manually shimmying over, but I'm definitely noticing it just failing to work in this version pretty often. It seems to have something to do with autoexplore since I've noticed that when mouse movement stops working clicking on a visible tile does nothing but clicking on the minimap just restarts autoexplore instead of going to to the target tile. It also mostly seems to fail when I manually interrupt autoexplore.

EDIT: Mouse movement not working great is something I noticed in stock crawl too, yes, but it's nowhere near this bad. In stock crawl mouse movement will fail once and clicking again or hitting some other button will unstick it and get it working again. In this version when it breaks it just remains stubbornly broken, usually until I change floors.

cock hero flux fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 19, 2020

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

I've had problems too with both movement and inventory with the mouse, I've gotten in the habit of mashing CTRL and ALT before clicking, it seems to fix whatever the problem is. Otherwise clicking on items in inventory tends to drop them on the floor.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Jedi425 posted:

habit of mashing CTRL and ALT before clicking, it seems to fix whatever the problem is.

yeah I have that habit from stock crawl and it's not working here, I can faceroll my whole keyboard and mouse movement will remain resolutely hosed

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

cock hero flux posted:

I only use it for long distances because just clicking on the down stairs once is much quicker than manually shimmying over
Shift+X, Shift + period(>), shift + period again to cycle through which downstair you're looking for, enter.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Shift+X, Shift + period(>), shift + period again to cycle through which downstair you're looking for, enter.

while your heart is in the right place I should tell you that I normally move using the arrow keys and my unwillingness to learn or use hotkeys is such that I literally cannot remember which buttons to press to move diagonally in this game and have lost multiple promising runs by steadfastly continuing to only move in cardinal directions when I'm too lazy to just click on the square I want to go to

any hotkey you tell me that requires me to press more than one button at the same time is a complete non-starter and if I have to actually change my hand position on the keyboard then it might as well not even exist

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

cock hero flux posted:

while your heart is in the right place I should tell you that I normally move using the arrow keys and my unwillingness to learn or use hotkeys is such that I literally cannot remember which buttons to press to move diagonally in this game and have lost multiple promising runs by steadfastly continuing to only move in cardinal directions when I'm too lazy to just click on the square I want to go to

any hotkey you tell me that requires me to press more than one button at the same time is a complete non-starter and if I have to actually change my hand position on the keyboard then it might as well not even exist
No numpad, huh?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

cock hero flux posted:

Your right hand goes on HJKL, these are the 4 cardinal movement keys. Move your index and ring finger up one row to move diagonally up left (Y) and Right (U), and down left (B) and right (N):

So if you just have your right hand in the normal position, it's super easy as long as you remember to use your left two fingers for diagonal movement.

This chart is slightly deprecated, you should still definitely pray to whatever gods you can when you try to play this game but there's no key for it anymore.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Araganzar posted:

Your right hand goes on HJKL, these are the 4 cardinal movement keys. Move your index and ring finger up one row to move diagonally up left (Y) and Right (U), and down left (B) and right (N):
[timg]no[/timg]

So if you just have your right hand in the normal position, it's super easy as long as you remember to use your left two fingers for diagonal movement.

This chart is slightly deprecated, you should still definitely pray to whatever gods you can when you try to play this game but there's no key for it anymore.

under no loving circumstances will I ever even consider using any form of control that requires an explanatory chart and the fact that it also has movement keys which aren't oriented relative to what direction they cause you to move in is viscerally revolting to me, never suggest such a thing again

EDIT: you're actually the first poster I'm ever going to put on my ignore list purely so that I can continue reading this thread without having my senses assaulted by this nightmare chart, gently caress you

cock hero flux fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 20, 2020

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Use the number keys at the top of your keyboard, as if they were a numpad.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Speleothing posted:

Use the number keys at the top of your keyboard, as if they were a numpad.

When I was back in uni, I used to do this on my laptop during lectures, since my laptop didn't have a numpad. Takes a bit more practice than HJKL, but it's doable. I think I got pretty close to getting a win in ADOM that way during a particularly bad object oriented programming course.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

cock hero flux posted:

under no loving circumstances will I ever even consider using any form of control that requires an explanatory chart and the fact that it also has movement keys which aren't oriented relative to what direction they cause you to move in is viscerally revolting to me, never suggest such a thing again

EDIT: you're actually the first poster I'm ever going to put on my ignore list purely so that I can continue reading this thread without having my senses assaulted by this nightmare chart, gently caress you

Wow, triggered by a keyboard chart. I hope they're able to get past this, thank god I shrunk it down from the original 3825x2811. (CHF if you are still reading this somehow for god's sake DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK!)

In other news not involving b-holes (well kind of I guess if you liked playing IE) it looks like Ice Elementalists start with Freeze and then their next spell is Ozocbu's Armor (level 3). Then their last two spells are level 4 conj/ice (hailstorm) and conj/summ (ice beast). Hailstorm looks cool but only hits at distance 2 and 3. So you can't hit anything over 3 moves away and once a monster is in melee with you all you can do is cast Freeze again and again until one of you dies.

Freeze is admittedly a superb level 1 spell but I'm not sure it's good enough to carry you to level 4 cross-school spells. Is this a floor god start or something? I could see summoning with ice beasts that are immune to hailstorm but how are you going to get there without getting pasted?

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Araganzar posted:

Freeze is admittedly a superb level 1 spell but I'm not sure it's good enough to carry you to level 4 cross-school spells. Is this a floor god start or something? I could see summoning with ice beasts that are immune to hailstorm but how are you going to get there without getting pasted?

I think it is good enough for that, I usually used Throw Frost only to get attention or to kill ogres and imps.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Rogue keys 4life. HJKL up in the hizzouse. Also works in archaic text editors

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I feel like a poster by the name of Cock Hero Flux may be posting facetiously. Just a guess.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

I feel like a poster by the name of Cock Hero Flux may be posting facetiously. Just a guess.

Irony and sarcasm are dead, we killed them, we're just Weekend At Bernie's'ing this poo poo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Scaramouche posted:

I don't know whether to emptyquote you or ban you for calling vi archaic - it's the official text editor of the something awful forums.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Scaramouche posted:

Hjkl are fine, I guess, if you're playing on your phone and don't want to switch keysets a lot.

But when I need to move diagonally I'm using the number row or the numpad.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I don't know whether to emptyquote you or ban you for calling vi archaic - it's the official text editor of the something awful forums.

Oh man I'm in trouble now C-x C-c n w

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Dev seems to be stable, going to change out conjure flame and dazzling spray and pull in recent FK changes to the main branch. I've also added limited voice recognition for laptop keyboards where you can shout the direction you want to move at the screen. Please don't be alarmed if you see your microphone and camera turning on as you play! You have to be really loud, if it's not working try being much louder.

Here is a poll on the latest changes as well as a number of changes to vanilla trunk since we diverged.

Direct URL is https://forms.gle/xAkRrnkMgmnxFtqx5

The vanilla changelog is at https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/docs/changelog.txt if you want to review, I tried to pull stuff that was pretty contained but if there is stuff I missed people want we can add it to the next poll.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hey I decided to try getting back into this game, and I've got a problem. For some reason whenever I try to move south or southwest using the numpad, the game just tells me I don't know any spells. I've tried erasing my rc completely, and it did nothing.

edit: also how do I play gooncrawl

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 22, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Hey I decided to try getting back into this game, and I've got a problem. For some reason whenever I try to move south or southwest using the numpad, the game just tells me I don't know any spells. I've tried erasing my rc completely, and it did nothing.

edit: also how do I play gooncrawl
Either download an offline build, there's some upthread, or go to Kelbi or, if you're in Australia, you might have more luck with Project 357.

Edit: Found it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lmao how am I going to gently caress this up

I mean the answer is clearly "hubris" but what specifically is going to obliterate me? Note: I got all those muts from a pair of mutation potions I found on D1.

edit:I plan on 15 runing and have the Justice pledge, so let's be real it'll be Tomb or Cerebov.