Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hello The Boss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Gonz posted:

Big Boss Cat

Boss, get down. The enemy sniper...

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

The Peccadillo posted:

Two Popes was dope, and pretty hilarious

I just watched it. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It dances around certain issues in the Church (child abuse in particular), and probably goes too easy on Benedict in that regard, but I did like it. It’s beautifully made and very well written and acted.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gonz posted:

Big Boss Cat

Feeds another cat catfood that is its owner.

Problem is, the other cat probably wont care.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

caligulamprey posted:

Meet my new buddy! The name the Humane Society gave him was The Boss and who am I to argue with that. He was an 8-year-old Red Tabby stray found underneath a porch with hair so matted they had to shave him down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuM9crl7QCc

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Have we had a "tag yourself" lately?

https://twitter.com/JenAshleyWright/status/1219008160071135234?s=20

I'm "Uneven"

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Always the fallen, never the humped. :smith:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

caligulamprey posted:

Always the fallen, never the humped. :smith:

You and me both, pal.

edit: How many of you have felt the very specific melancholy of discovering that you're in possession of expired condoms?

Well, now that I think about it we're all goons here. But what about normal people, people who log off?

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 20, 2020

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CPL593H posted:

edit: How many of you have felt the very specific melancholy of discovering that you're in possession of expired condoms?

Happened to me on a date last year.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Timby posted:

Happened to me on a date last year.

That's cheating.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/robbiegoodwin/status/1218592027593539585?s=20

I would, no questions asked, buy any fighting game with Joe Pesci as a playable character. And then bitch about how they nerfed Joe Pesci because he's the only character anyone wants to use.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mortal Kombat: Oscar edition would be pretty fun. I’d totally buy one if I can play as Forrest Gump beating the poo poo out of the cops from Crash.

The taunt button would just be Forrest yelling “Jenny!” over and over again.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Reskin of Kabal for Gump, for the turbo-run.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
Yeah but unlike Mr. Bibs she's right, Titanic is a great movie full of great cinematography and fantastic performances.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Catfishenfuego posted:

Yeah but unlike Mr. Bibs she's right, Titanic is a great movie full of great cinematography and fantastic performances.

Plus it has that great gag where the guy jumps off the railing and then hits the propeller and makes that hilarious sound.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

CPL593H posted:

:negative:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CPL593H posted:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1125528955765841921?s=19

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Runny :smith:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

CPL593H posted:

You and me both, pal.

Well, now that I think about it we're all goons here. But what about normal people, people who log off?

Heh, you people who have reasons to have fresh condoms.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Black bottom every day.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
YTotD is Edward E. French reading Amelia Reynolds Long's 1930 sci-fi story, "The Thought Monster," which was later adapted into the 1958 feature film Fiend Without a Face: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8t9QT56SBA

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone got any stories of people missing the point in movies? Yesterday, I had a friend unironically tell me it's ok for a white guy to voice Apu, citing RDJ being able to play a black guy in Tropic Thunder.

...how do you not watch a movie that hard?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Anyone got any stories of people missing the point in movies? Yesterday, I had a friend unironically tell me it's ok for a white guy to voice Apu, citing RDJ being able to play a black guy in Tropic Thunder.

I'm sure I've told this story before, but I met two different guys in college who were there on the GI bill and joined the Marines at least in part because of the movie Full Metal Jacket.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You don't get into the Marines by being smart.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

You don't get into the Marines by being smart.

That's the thing, they were both mostly smart guys. At least they could contribute to class discussions without dragging the room down.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I basically had to put on my internal white noise machine whenever GI Bills started talking in class discussions. It was always the same poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I basically had to put on my internal white noise machine whenever GI Bills started talking in class discussions. It was always the same poo poo.

They probably joined because of loving Saving Private Ryan or some poo poo.

When I meet someone who joined because of Battle of Algiers I'll say I've seen it all.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I do wonder how many of the military who have seen FMJ have also seen Paths of Glory.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Detective No. 27 posted:

Endgame was bad because Thanos kicked Thor’s, Cap’s and Iron Man’s rear end in that one scene. And also Hulk wasn’t in the film.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I've been getting back into Lupin III lately and god this franchise whips rear end

I've watched two out of the three movies that Takeshi Koike (as in the guy who made loving Redline) directed and they're loving incredible

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So, Xanadu is a fun little movie, it's silly, it's camp, it was a weird aesthetic miscalculation, etc.

What we don't talk about though is how loving great Gene Kelly's performance is in that film. Now, obviously, it may just be that Gene Kelly was consistently that great in everything, but seriously, in Xanadu, a roller disco musical where Olivia Newton John is a muse on skates who gives a frustrated painter (who is the guy from The Warriors) the idea to open a nightclub... Kelly has one scene where he's listening to an old Glenn Miller album and thinking about the good old days that is just killer. He's kinda wistful and a little sad but still smiling and just, he brought real emotion and nuance to Xanadu.

(Related to this but I'm starting to think Xanadu is just plain good, it's basically an old Hollywood musical with the same level of "not much plot but look at this production number". Even the perfunctory way the film's main conflict is handled, its biggest flaw, is something it kinda has in common with Gold Diggers of 1933 and the like.)

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I took some family pictures over the holidays. My nephew had just had a birthmark removed from his nose, which was heavily scabbed. My brother has asked if I am able to remove this. I don't have Photoshop, I am using Capture One (free trial, works very nicely so far). Any suggestions or tips?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Download the Photoshop free trial?

Otherwise, depending on the fidelity you need I use Snapseed on my phone. It's got a pretty solid healing brush if you just need something that'll look decent on Facebook. If you're printing it out or whatnot, it likely won't be good enough.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There's also Pixlr online but I am not sure how robust that is.

You can learn GIMP perhaps.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

David Lynch has a new short film out on Netflix. It's about a monkey... and a murder.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I used to work in an office with a ton of young bro sales dudes who would constantly quote the Baldwin monologue from Glengarry Glen Ross at each other for motivation.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

Download the Photoshop free trial?

Otherwise, depending on the fidelity you need I use Snapseed on my phone. It's got a pretty solid healing brush if you just need something that'll look decent on Facebook. If you're printing it out or whatnot, it likely won't be good enough.

Hmmm. Free trial, eh? I would also have to learn PS, but I suppose that's not a terrible thing. It would be for an album and possibly print-outs so better than a basic fix.

Vintersorg posted:

There's also Pixlr online but I am not sure how robust that is.

You can learn GIMP perhaps.

GIMP, eh? Any thoughts on which is easier to learn: GIMP or PS?

Thanks to you both.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
GIMP is notoriously hard to learn anything beyond the basics, but it's free. Something like healing a scab should be easy enough in either. Just hop on a YouTube tutorial with whichever you want to learn.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I remember Tropic Thunder being a chore to watch but it was late at night and I was very tired. I should probably give it another go sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

GIMP is notoriously hard to learn anything beyond the basics, but it's free.
God, is it ever. It's obtuse as hell and any time I want to do something new it involves like 20 minutes of googling and youtube videos.

But it's free and that counts for a lot.