Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

loving what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Donald Trump's impeachment What the Republican party knows, but isnt saying"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

A bit late, but thank you for finally giving me something that isn't a swastika for an avatar. Somehow, swastikas aren't as funny as they were in 2007...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

For now I vote Geralds or choose a different name every year or so based on one thing that stuck out that year, like Cum Pass.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

With the...whatever we're calling the Annual Awards now, finished, the thread for the Worst of the Decade is now up.

We need to first pick worst cartoons for the early years that pre-date our awards, so dust off your knowledge of Occupy Wall Street and nominate away.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Spooner:

Zanetti:

If I've got time I'll see what terrible Aussie cartoons I can find in 2010-11, since the era when Julia Gillard was PM was some of the worst for Australia political commentary.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

With the...whatever we're calling the Annual Awards now, finished, the thread for the Worst of the Decade is now up.

We need to first pick worst cartoons for the early years that pre-date our awards, so dust off your knowledge of Occupy Wall Street and nominate away.

Should nominations for 2010 and 2011 go in that Worst of the Decade thread itself, or will there be a different thread for them?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Gaybies nomination: worst gaslighting

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Zanetti:

If I've got time I'll see what terrible Aussie cartoons I can find in 2010-11, since the era when Julia Gillard was PM was some of the worst for Australia political commentary.
How can we have a climate crisis if there are torrential rainstorms?
Anyway all the fire damage is immediately undone and all the dead animals and destroyed land is revived again by this magic rain, glory be

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:

You should add Mann to your line up.

He's like an Australian Gorrell.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Should nominations for 2010 and 2011 go in that Worst of the Decade thread itself, or will there be a different thread for them?
They should go in that thread. No need for three extra threads.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

If they keep saying it it'll come true right

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Somfin posted:

If they keep saying it it'll come true right
No but maybe if they keep gerrymandering and blocking/cutting voters it will.
Unless you meant how they're trying to pretend Trump wanted to be Impeached and he's not mad he's laughing, actually.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Yeah this has been Trumps reaction on Twitter to be sure.

I mean there's a 98% chance that Trump will get re-elected because hellworld and Britain. But he still won't be happy.

Trump was the underdog in the 2016 election. Now he's pretty much the patriarch of the nation and him and his cronies has been bending the whole system in his favor for 4 years. Bernie will totally energize millions of extra voters. In states that already vote Democrat. Meanwhile old racists will turn out for Trump in the swing states while left leaning workers and poor people remain demoralized with the system.

Katt fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 19, 2020

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A little late, but we're here, back in...

Part of Newt's issues, besides the obvious, was his persona as a seedy dude. His marriage history is...less than stellar. He made his first wife sign off alimony papers while recovering from cancer surgery, divorced his second after she was afflicted with a chronic condition, and even went to the Catholic Church to nullify the marriages.

But Bill Clinton cheated on his wife, so that means the GOP can...also support immoral politicians?

Romney is a Mormon, and this did come up a little bit in the election. I don't recall it going anywhere interesting, but stay tuned!

Hey it's Farrington! This guy was real mercenary, frequently coming out with cartoons diametrically opposed to each other. I think 2012 was around when he left cartooning, and rather abruptly as he was basically unperson'd from Cagle's website. But you can still find his work here and there. To this day I'm not entirely sure why he left cartooning.

Jon Huntsman was basically the token "Not Completely Evil" candidate in the primary. While hardly a radical, he acknowledged that Global Warming was a thing and passed some legislation to address it while governor of Utah. He even backed civil unions for gay couples, eventually upgrading to full support for gay marriage. So better for a Republican anyways. Fun Fact: Huntsman was ALSO a Mormon.

So naturally Huntsman was hosed from the get-go, bailing after middling results in the first three primaries. Oh, and Perry dropped out, having done poorly in Iowa and basically decided against bothering in New Hampshire. Not exactly a plan for success.

1A
The Keystone Pipeline is, well, a pipeline that runs from Alberta to (at the time) Texas. The XL phase would reroute every from Alberta to Nebraska in a shorter route.

2B
This path was...controversial because of the terrain the XL path went over, leading to significant issues with oil seeping into the ground in the event of a leak. Also, it would switch the oil extraction to a less eco-friendly method. Obama delayed construction for a number of years, and there were fierce protests because of the Native lands the pipeline would interfere with, but Trump came into power and fuuuuuuck all of that.

The pipeline has leaked three times already.

3B
A cruise ship, the Costa Concordia, sank after hitting some rocks; 33 people were killed in the accident. While tragic, there was another detail to this story that got it more attention...

4B
The captain, Francesco Schettino, abandoned ship while several hundred passengers were still stuck on board. Schettino claims he fell on a lifeboat during the wreck, but his crew members state that they were yelling at him to return to the ship and he flatly refused. He was eventually sentenced to 16 years in prison, where he serves to this day. Some argue that his role in the incident, while inexcusable, was played up to brand him a scapegoat to keep his employer, Costa Cruises, from receiving any blame. If true, then it worked, as Costa never faced any legal repercussions. Yay capitalism.

Next Week: Newt and Mitt continue their war. Taxes for Mittens. State of the Union fun. And Newt conquers the Moon.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

But Bill Clinton cheated on his wife, so that means the GOP can...also support immoral politicians?

Just as a reminder: John Edwards using campaign money to pay off his mistress ended his political career.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Pants Donkey posted:

Ah, those spot-the-difference cartoons. Gorrell. Gorrell never changes.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Ah, those spot-the-difference cartoons. Gorrell. Gorrell never changes.

Hey, that's not fair! Every now and then he'll put in effort to say that locking children in cages is not as bad as DEBT.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What about, instead of Gaybies, we call them award "The Golden Jackass" ?
Slap a gold filter over The rear end and there you go. Clearly still an insult, but, not towards LGBTQ+ people.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Nah

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

What about, instead of Gaybies, we call them award "The Golden Jackass" ?
Slap a gold filter over The rear end and there you go. Clearly still an insult, but, not towards LGBTQ+ people.

In honor of our current president we could call them "The Piss Covered Jackass"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Was Jon Huntsman the poor bastard who got asked in a debate how he would deal with China as President, and he started to speak Mandarin to demonstrate that he had at least THAT over every other candidate, only to get roundly booed by the audience for daring to have educated himself on another culture/language?

I'm the giant, heavy, stuffed full sack that is clearly weighing down the donkey but is labelled "NO EVIDENCE OF TRUMP CRIME"

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 20, 2020

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hunt11 posted:

In honor of our current president we could call them "The Piss Covered Jackass"

'The Pissies' does have a certain ring.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

there wolf posted:

'The Pissies' does have a certain ring.

I wish I could say this is wrong but it's not.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Katt posted:

Yeah this has been Trumps reaction on Twitter to be sure.

I mean there's a 98% chance that Trump will get re-elected because hellworld and Britain. But he still won't be happy.

Trump was the underdog in the 2016 election. Now he's pretty much the patriarch of the nation and him and his cronies has been bending the whole system in his favor for 4 years. Bernie will totally energize millions of extra voters. In states that already vote Democrat. Meanwhile old racists will turn out for Trump in the swing states while left leaning workers and poor people remain demoralized with the system.

Objective evidence has shown increased voter turnout, not winning over undecided voters, is what determines elections. When turnout is high, the left leaning candidate is more likely to win. Energizing the base, no matter where, will help the Democrats win. Also if the DNC had any sense, they would make fighting voter suppression one of their top priorities. One of the things lost in the immediate fallout of 2016 was the Supreme Court striking down preclearance. If that doesn't happen, you don't have President Trump, no matter how weak Hillary was as a candidate.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

If Stantis was active during MLK's time, he'd be doing comics complaining about him upsetting the status quo, go gently caress yourself Stantis.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shinji2015 posted:

If Stantis was active during MLK's time, he'd be doing comics complaining about him upsetting the status quo, go gently caress yourself Stantis.

"Nobody ever made any progress by causing a scene, Winslow."
"Although I am supposed to be your ideological opposite, I agree entirely. My fellow animals and I should politely wait our turn for equal rights."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
He wouldn't be on your loving side.

lmao you've got loving nothing

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Reminder that Trump signed pictures of murder victims for their parents.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

lmao you've got loving nothing
The pen thing did seem really inappropriate to me though for impeachment, even if it was done that way last time. Same as "norms", pot kettle black arguments are not a meaningful part of American politics anymore so I wish they had skipped it.

I mean, unless there's some reason it had to be that way that I don't know about.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: When Bernie Met Liz, They Stopped Thinking Straight

Ted Rall posted:

The most interesting aspect about Elizabeth Warrens allegation that Bernie Sanders told her that a woman cant be elected president is what it says about the way American voters and political journalists reason and think.

Tags: 2020 presidential election, Bernie Sanders, electability, Elizabeth Warren, Logic, misogny, progressive civil war, sexism, stultophobia, stultophobic, Stupid, Stupidity, women

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trapezium Dave posted:

He shouldn't admit to saying something he didn't say, Rall

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Somfin posted:

He shouldn't admit to saying something he didn't say, Rall

Plus, let's not forget that he's been advocating for 30+ years that women can and should hold office, including the presidency.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My God his caricatures are so loving terrible. His Warren is bad but his Bernie Sanders looks like he accidentally went too far in the other direction and drew the furthest possible likeness from the actual Sanders as it is possible to go without starting to come back around and look like him again.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Trapezium Dave posted:

Wow, President Dennis Prager!

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Ramirez is unaware Trump has already been impeached

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also Ramirez did like 5000 comics about Benghazi being some huge coverup worthy of impeachment so it's some real pot calling the kettle black bullshit.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017