Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

extradite THIS! posted:

If you watch that match be advised that it's the one where Shibata murderkilled his own brain. It's an amazing match and it's not like the headbutt spot is graphically violent/gory, but you need to be aware that an awful thing happens in it. If that sounds like something you don't want to see, just skip it.

Edit: Like the impact itself and its sound are gross, yeah, but it only becomes truly horrifying when you know what results from it.

Though to be honest it's not like it was any different from any other stupidly stiff headbutt Shibata ever threw, that just happened to be the one that pushed him over the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

Though to be honest it's not like it was any different from any other stupidly stiff headbutt Shibata ever threw, that just happened to be the one that pushed him over the edge.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was attempting and failing to say. Just... be advised. It happens.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Its a fair warning. Lots of people find it uncomfortable. I think its the best match of the 2010s but some people just cant get past Shibata injuring himself. Shibata falling agonisingly short against the personification of bushiroad era New Japan is quite the story. I think it works best in the context of who Shibata is and what Okada represents. I think someone just watching it would appreciate the absurd violence and brilliance of the match but all the history and meaning around the match put it into the elite match category

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Dominion match between Okada/Kenny is probably my favorite. Mostly due to the fact that it is the greatest wrestling match in the history of the universe to date.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

The Dominion match between Okada/Kenny is probably my favorite. Mostly due to the fact that it is the greatest wrestling match in the history of the universe to date.

:hai:

In isolation it's already absurdly good but it's elevated to god-tier in the context of the history between those two guys as well as their individual stories leading up to it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

They had two Dominion matches!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I didn't want to give away the ending, but the first one in 2017 is probably my all time favorite. The one in 2018 is also absolutely loving unbelievably incredible too, but the 2017 one blew my mind and I've never truly recovered.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The 2018 one is my favourite though i think a big part of that was the final shot of the lone Okada dollar still on the ramp, which I guess technically didn't have to do with the wrestling.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The 2018 one is my favourite though i think a big part of that was the final shot of the lone Okada dollar still on the ramp, which I guess technically didn't have to do with the wrestling.

It’s absolutely a part of the match and the story! A genius shot for sure.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This just reminded me of how much I loved 2018 G1 Okada where he was losing his mind because he didn't know how to not be champ any more.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The 2018 match is my favourite too

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

The 2018 dominion match was what got me into new japan. I haven’t watched it since, but just for that it’s one of my favorite matches of all time

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I'll be honest, I'm saving the Okada v Omega series for when I can take a full day, get a bunch of beers and snacks and just burn through their entire back catalogue. I've got a holiday from work coming soon and that is going to be a good day.

They're amazing individually and I've already seen the Snapdragon off the top rope (outrageously dangerous for a guy like Okada) so I genuinely can't wait for late Feb to come around so I can see them put on a clinic together.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My favourite moment of the 2018 match was during the two minutes between falls, everybody ran to the bathroom and they closed the bathroom nearest to where I was sitting so hundreds of people were running around Osaka Castle Hall looking for the open bathrooms. I got a high five from a random guy because we ran the fastest

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave said Luke Harper really wants to work in New Japan :swoon:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

My favourite moment of the 2018 match was during the two minutes between falls, everybody ran to the bathroom and they closed the bathroom nearest to where I was sitting so hundreds of people were running around Osaka Castle Hall looking for the open bathrooms. I got a high five from a random guy because we ran the fastest
same lmao (i didn’t get a high five though :smith:)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

Brodie/Archer holy poo poo :stwoon:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Brodie/Archer holy poo poo :stwoon:

A Brodie/Archer feud would be incredible, but might I present for your consideration:

Killer Elite Squad II

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Brodie Lee in the B(eef) Block for G1 30 please

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Brodie Lee vs Ishii. Pls.

pls

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

God what a glorious shot that was.

Redundant posted:

I'll be honest, I'm saving the Okada v Omega series for when I can take a full day, get a bunch of beers and snacks and just burn through their entire back catalogue.

5 minutes later
Redunant: Weird, all the matches are done.... wait why is it dark outside now? .....:aaa:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

A Brodie/Archer feud would be incredible, but might I present for your consideration:

Killer Elite Squad II

As great as this would be both Archer and Brodie spent most of their prime years in a big hoss tag team and they deserve the chance to shine as singles guys while they still can

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

:stwoon: :stwoon: :stwoon:

....now free Claudio and unleash him on the Jr Heavyweights in multi-mans :stwoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Claudio in the G1 :stwoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Have to believe an un-neutered Brodie/Moxley match would rip as well

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Brodie Lee debuts attacking Togi Makabe and stealing his chains and music.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Moxley
Evil
Jeff Cobb
Goto
Ishii
Shingo

Put the NEVER Openweight title on Brodie, coward Gedo. Then let him run through everyone in the Big Lad Division.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The real question becomes, what kind of gear does a free Brodie Lee wear in 2020? It was weird seeing Moxley in those little bike shorts. Would Brodie keep with the jeans/tank top getup, or would the collective minds of the forum melt when he shows up in a plain pair of black trunks with white boots or something?

Also, Brodie vs EVIL and Ishii, gently caress ME RIGHT UP.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Brodie in an old-school one-color singlet. Preferably baby blue

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I want Brodie Lee to show up in my dreams

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Black trunks. Fur boots. Long grey gym socks. Staying as far away from Puerto Rico as possible.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

The real question becomes, what kind of gear does a free Brodie Lee wear in 2020? It was weird seeing Moxley in those little bike shorts. Would Brodie keep with the jeans/tank top getup, or would the collective minds of the forum melt when he shows up in a plain pair of black trunks with white boots or something?

Also, Brodie vs EVIL and Ishii, gently caress ME RIGHT UP.

Brodie Lee was wearing a tanktop and jeans long before the bad company came calling. So he better wear some proper wrestling gear because Mox in bike shorts loving ruled and I'm sure if I found that "Brodie Lee in Trunks from FCW" image people would agree.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

karmicknight posted:

Brodie Lee was wearing a tanktop and jeans long before the bad company came calling. So he better wear some proper wrestling gear because Mox in bike shorts loving ruled and I'm sure if I found that "Brodie Lee in Trunks from FCW" image people would agree.

I know, that's what I'm saying – does he keep the trucker look or change it up completely.

Half expecting him to just like, chop all of his hair off and trim his beard to shed any semblance of the last several years or something.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Lamuella posted:

Black trunks. Fur boots. Long grey gym socks. Staying as far away from Puerto Rico as possible.

Was going to post this but you beat me to it. "Bruiser" Brodie Lee would rule.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

LA BARBA GRANDE’S COMING FOR THE NEVER TITLE

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

lion's break 2 has been uploaded to youtube

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1220043450235506688?s=20

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

also no surprises but the february streaming schedule is official:

the cards end of the month korakuen quadruple shot featuring two retirement shows probably won't be out until after new beginning but the new beginning cards look great this year

The NEW BEGINNING in SAPPORO
February 1st at 4:00 EST/9:00 GMT
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center Hokkai Kitayell

Tiger Mask and Yuya Uemura vs. Bullet Club (El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori)
GBH and Toa Henare vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, and Yota Tsuji
Ospreay, YOH, SHO, and Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (ZSJ, Despy, Kanemaru, and DOUKI)
Special Tag Match:Ryu Lee and Robbie Eagles vs. L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI)
Special Tag Match:L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and SANADA) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA and Jay White)
Special Tag Match:Kazuchika Okada and Jon Moxley vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and Minoru Suzuki)
Special Single Match:Tomohiro Ishii vs. EVIL
NEVER Openweight Championship:Hirooki Goto(c) vs. Shingo Takagi

The NEW BEGINNING in SAPPORO
February 2nd at 1:00 EST/6:00 GMT
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center Hokkai Kitayell

Toa Henare vs. Yota Tsuji
GBH and Yuya Uemura vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, and Tiger Mask
Gabriel Kidd vs. El Phantasmo
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Robbie Eagles) vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, EVIL, and BUSHI)
Special 8 Man Tag:Mox, YOH, SHO, and Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Despy, Kanemaru, and DOUKI)
Special 6 Man Tag:L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White, and Taiji Ishimori)
British Heavyweight Championship:Zack Sabre Jr.(c) vs. Will Ospreay
Special Single Match:Kazuchika Okada vs. Taichi

Road to the NEW BEGINNING
February 4th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Gabriel Kidd
Yuya Uemura vs. Taiji Ishimori
GBH vs. Yota Tsuji and Toa Henare
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and DOUKI)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Robbie Eagles) vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, EVIL, and Hiromu Takahashi)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White, and El Phantasmo)
Elimination Match:CHAOS (Okada, Ospreay, YOH, and SHO) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, ZSJ, Despy, and Kanemaru)

February 5th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Yuya Uemura vs. Gabriel Kidd
Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yota Tsuji
GBH vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Manabu Nakanishi
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Will Ospreay, and Robbie Eagles) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., and DOUKI)
Hirooki Goto and Toa Henare vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi and EVIL)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOH, and SHO) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, El Desperado, and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Elimination Tag:L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, Hiromu, and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Switchblade, Ishimori, and El-P)

February 6th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura
Gabriel Kidd vs. El Phantasmo
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Tomoaki Honma and Toa Henare
CHAOS (Will Ospreay, SHO, and YOH) vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr, El Desperado, and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Kazuchika Okada, Togi Makabe, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Minoru Suzuki, and DOUKI)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Jay White, and Taiji Ishimori)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship: L.I.J(c) (Shingo Takagi, EVIL, and BUSHI) vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Robbie Eagles)

The NEW BEGINNING in OSAKA
February 9th at 2:00 EST/7:00 GMT
Osaka-Jo Hall

Nakanishi Final in Osaka-Jo Hall:Nakanishi, Tenzan, Kojima, and Nagata vs. GBH, Henare, and Taguchi
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championship:Roppongi 3k(c) vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Special 8 Man Tag:FinJuice, Tana, and Ibushi vs. Bullet Club (G.o.D, Yujiro, and Chase)
Special Tag Match:Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr.)
Special Single Match:SANADA vs. Jay White
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs. Ryu Lee
IWGP US Heavyweight Championship:Jon Moxley(c) vs. Minoru Suzuki
IWGP Heavyweight + IC Double Championship: Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. KENTA

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Thauros posted:

also no surprises but the february streaming schedule is official:

Dope. 11 shows from New Japan live, 6 AJPW live (plus another 2 uploaded later), with others yet to announce their schedule. I am going to overdose on wrestling before BOSJ starts & it's great.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

My god what a killer tour. I need all of this in my veins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That Osaka card :stare: