Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

hadn't heard this, what's the story? can't really imagine sean and nick getting along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhUyqAn3v2Q

"Fires shots" is wildly overstating things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/eedrk/status/1220075703661547520?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

UP AND ADAM posted:

Yooo Will dropping Hayes Davenport's name as someone he's conversed with was cool as poo poo. I knew the Handbook boys couldn't be lovely libs.

I think I read somewhere he quit all his writing jobs to work full time on housing rights activism.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

drat i should actually watch this then

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

lol just lol at all the people who pay money to see movies and apparently got Stockholm syndrome from the ads.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

malkmus would be another good guest that would piss off posters itt and on reddit

https://twitter.com/dronecoma/status/1220059454181298176?s=21

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

malkmus would be another good guest that would piss off posters itt and on reddit

https://twitter.com/dronecoma/status/1220059454181298176?s=21

That emoji in his tweet is clearly a cut gem. :spergin:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

T-man posted:

lol just lol at all the people who pay money to see movies and apparently got Stockholm syndrome from the ads.

seeing movies at the theater with friends and significant others is fun and good tman

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
loll i spoke with mike clark a bit about unionizing bc malkmus gets flown to each venue, while he has to drive directly to each one

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Wolfsheim posted:

seeing movies at the theater with friends and significant others is fun and good tman

my friends are smart enough to buy popcorn and movie theatre "butter" online, watch freely obtained media on a modern TV, and usually smoke weed and mock the movie if, like 90+% of all movies, it sucks. Even including the weed it's cheaper, more social, and more fun.

bougie rear end liberals paying for media itt

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

T-man posted:

my friends are smart enough to buy popcorn and movie theatre "butter" online, watch freely obtained media on a modern TV, and usually smoke weed and mock the movie if, like 90+% of all movies, it sucks. Even including the weed it's cheaper, more social, and more fun.

Wow, that's so cool

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Flaskraven posted:

Wow, that's so cool

Smoking weed and watching movies is pretty cool though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I saw Uncut Gems with my parents.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Flaskraven posted:

Wow, that's so cool

trust me i make anything i do as uncool as possible

we usually argue about boring ethics questions

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

T-man posted:

So you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what?

"Getting women" as if they are objects to do what? gently caress them and forget about it? Some life. "Getting women" improves your social status amongst those who hi-five people for being "playa"s. Who gives a drat about being more social amongst those vapid wastes of food and employment?

Video games are a great way to have fun, and enjoy things that are availible to you in life. Not only this, but the making of a game is an art form - by playing through, say, an RPG, you are treated to a grand story that is just overwhelmingly more fufilling than going out, loving some chick, hi-fiving yourself and calling it a night.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i say swears online posted:

So you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what?

"Getting women" as if they are objects to do what? gently caress them and forget about it? Some life. "Getting women" improves your social status amongst those who hi-five people for being "playa"s. Who gives a drat about being more social amongst those vapid wastes of food and employment?

Video games are a great way to have fun, and enjoy things that are availible to you in life. Not only this, but the making of a game is an art form - by playing through, say, an RPG, you are treated to a grand story that is just overwhelmingly more fufilling than going out, loving some chick, hi-fiving yourself and calling it a night.

but doctor, I am that chick!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm gonna keep seeing movies in the theater with my wife, tyvm.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
but the power to ask the food service person to shush, or kick out, another patron is all I, a white man, have in this world

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Watching a movie that you didnt torrent a korean subtitled screener of is classism, yes :laffo:

papa horny michael posted:

but the power to ask the food service person to shush, or kick out, another patron is all I, a white man, have in this world

I didnt know this was actually a thing until it kept coming up on chapo and apparently it's a really strict Alamo drafthouse rule?? I've never been but it sounds bad

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

papa horny michael posted:

White man is the *boooop* of the world
-John Lennon

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I watch movies smoking weed on my couch, do you?

I watch movies in a big theatre with my wife.

edit: actually those both sound good

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 23, 2020

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Wolfsheim posted:

Watching a movie that you didnt torrent a korean subtitled screener of is classism, yes :laffo:

I didnt know this was actually a thing until it kept coming up on chapo and apparently it's a really strict Alamo drafthouse rule?? I've never been but it sounds bad

they were definitely dramatically overstating the case, as i've never seen it enforced. the strict signage and threat of expulsion works more in that it's paired with way higher prices to keep poorer folk to their theaters

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I will allow for $1 second run theatres with suspiciously cheap hot dogs and a *wink wink* policy on alcohol and heroin. Where the bathroom stalls have layers of graffiti, mostly of weird people arguing.

Anyone who favours a "different sort" of theatre will be guillotined, metaphorically, with facts and logic.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I love to smoke weed on the couch with waifu-san while we watch movies, but we went to the theater to see Cats with friends and brought in a flask of whiskey and a weed pen and that was a magnificent time. There were 4 other people in the theater and they all had the same idea.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

sexpig by night posted:

ugh more regional bullshit????

she's good, it's a good campaign. DSA's involved now too

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
gently caress I resent the antifada putting the christman episodes behind a paywall. The latest preview sounds really good but gently caress giving them money

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SlimGoodbody posted:

I love to smoke weed on the couch with waifu-san while we watch movies, but we went to the theater to see Cats with friends and brought in a flask of whiskey and a weed pen and that was a magnificent time. There were 4 other people in the theater and they all had the same idea.

really gently caress all this classist bullshittery, if you've never had the pleasure of eating an edible and going to a theater that serves booze to watch Cats on a big screen that's almost certainly near empty, you are missing out on a delightful 2 hour panic attack.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

terrorist ambulance posted:

gently caress I resent the antifada putting the christman episodes behind a paywall. The latest preview sounds really good but gently caress giving them money

Every time they show up on a Chapo stream they instantly drain all the humor out of the room. I can't imagine it's any better when a Chapo goes on their show

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Gripweed posted:

Every time they show up on a Chapo stream they instantly drain all the humor out of the room. I can't imagine it's any better when a Chapo goes on their show

i like ap andy and his voice.

sexpig by night posted:

really gently caress all this classist bullshittery, if you've never had the pleasure of eating an edible and going to a theater that serves booze to watch Cats on a big screen that's almost certainly near empty, you are missing out on a delightful 2 hour panic attack.

i'll pass, I'm on thin ice mental health wise, I don't want to make it worse and risk starting to watch SNL.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Mandy didn't go anywhere, and The Colour Out of Space is almost out.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Going to any kind of theater is bougie. Living in a state withe legal weed is bougie as gently caress. Having friends, you better believe that's bougie

The true proletarian sits at home alone watching fansubbed episodes of Ultraman

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

T-man posted:

i'll pass, I'm on thin ice mental health wise, I don't want to make it worse and risk starting to watch SNL.

this is fair, I'm almost positive that experience gave me like three brand new forms of anxiety disorder I didn't go in there with

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I watched Color last night extremely high and boy that's the way to do it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

T-man posted:

Be careful what you say about SNL: they're apparently psychos. :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/outline/status/1220002293556371457

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

T-man posted:

I will allow for $1 second run theatres with suspiciously cheap hot dogs and a *wink wink* policy on alcohol and heroin. Where the bathroom stalls have layers of graffiti, mostly of weird people arguing.

Wow, you really are cool. Please tell us more stories from your life.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

prefect posted:

Jack Allison is a good leftist boy and extremely good at punching above his weight and getting rich freaks mad at him

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

Pharmaskittle posted:

I watched Color last night extremely high and boy that's the way to do it

The gang and I snuck tallboys into Mandy and it felt like a very appropriate move for an extremely metal movie

I'm hype to slonk beep and watch Cage in an adaptation of an unfilmable Lovecraft story

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Flaskraven posted:

Wow, you really are cool. Please tell us more stories from your life.

i love arguing with people in facebook comments, it's like pushing a boulder up a hill but there are infinite boulders going up infinite hills. Also I've been having a hard time sleeping recently. Hope this helps! :)

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I am the synthesis of this conversation because I pretty much only go to theaters when there's a limited release or screening of an anime movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

prefect posted:

to tie things back to chapo: https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/1220173533835419653