Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

"Hey guys, a new Switch model is coming out soon, but still buy the current one!" said no one ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

glassyalabolas posted:

"Hey guys, a new Switch model is coming out soon, but still buy the current one!" said no one ever.
This is a shareholders meeting, not a press release. They're very careful with their wording. While he certainly left the door open to the possibility of *some* new Switch being released this year, the hope of a Pro is effectively dead with this news.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i mean thats sick.... i never look twice at novelty tie in consoles but this is really nice

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Nintendo is being incredibly merciful only tempting people with the design and not reminding them it has better battery life than their launch console honestly.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

can’t wait for the metroid and f-zero themed switch’s

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

MechaSeinfeld posted:

can’t wait for the metroid and f-zero themed switch’s

Why would they only just now put out a captain falcon switch when smash came out a year ago?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

SeXReX posted:

Why would they only just now put out a captain falcon switch when smash came out a year ago?

Stealth announcement for a new F-Zero game?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'd love for Battle Block Theatre to come out on Switch. Maybe Nintendo doesn't want another level editor to compete with Mario Maker?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Waffle! posted:

I'd love for Battle Block Theatre to come out on Switch. Maybe Nintendo doesn't want another level editor to compete with Mario Maker?

What has The Behemoth even been doing since then? It seems like they really just fell off the earth after their third game.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

What has The Behemoth even been doing since then? It seems like they really just fell off the earth after their third game.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1223051098933456898?s=20

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Pay no attention to Nintendo. They said the same thing before announcing the lite and other systems. The rumor about the ”pro” comes from a legit journalist, not a Twitter 'leaker.'

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

bushisms.txt posted:

Pay no attention to Nintendo. They said the same thing before announcing the lite and other systems. The rumor about the ”pro” comes from a legit journalist, not a Twitter 'leaker.'
Wrong.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Turn on your monitor?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm posting from my *new* Nintendo 3DS

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I would pay $20 for a trilogy pack of the original Mass Effect series on Switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Neat, though I was a Castle Crashers guy.

Speaking of tiny indie devs with quality games, this looks like an interesting one that I wouldn't mind being ported over:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NFlo9FEfaY

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’ve only lied to the games press. Never to investors

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

hatty posted:

They’ve only lied to the games press. Never to investors

but no, this rumor is from a legit journalist! He also has some pretty unnerving things to say about Saddam Hussein possessing WMDs, but I guess that's not a topic for this thread.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

freaking kotaku is so thirsty for clicks they’re making up investor calls now?!? i hate journalists!!!

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
People on the internet have been promising me the Switch Pro is just around the corner ever since the switch launched.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

People on the internet have been promising me the Switch Pro is just around the corner ever since the switch launched.

And we got it; a Pro-battery efficiency Switch, exactly within the expected upgrade window for portable-capable Nintendo hardware.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Snake Maze posted:

Before the Switch launched there were people saying they weren't going to get one because they were waiting for the Switch Pro

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

All this indie talk reminded me that Aviary Attorney came out on Switch today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOMbcAj1ynI

This is the best defense attorney game featuring birds in 19th century France.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's illegal to lie to your investors but not your consumers. Capitalism ftw.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Alien hominid and viewtiful joe are the only games where I spent a significant amount of time and didnt get past the first or second level.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Snake Maze posted:

They also promised the lite and that did come, despite many including myself scoffing at the idea.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
AC won't let you have more than one island per console, which is a huge bummer for anyone who shares a system.

https://www.nintendo.com.au/catalogue/animal-crossing-new-horizons posted:

*Up to 8 players with registered accounts on a Nintendo Switch console can live on one shared island, and up to four residents of one island can play simultaneously on one console. Please note: only one island can exist per Nintendo Switch console, irrespective of the number of user accounts registered to or copies of the game used on one console. One Nintendo Switch and one copy of the game is required for each unique island. Alternatively, up to eight people can play together on one island via local wireless or online play. Local wireless play requires one console and one copy of the software per player. Internet connection required during online play. To use online services, you must create a Nintendo Account and accept the related agreement. The Nintendo Account Privacy Policy applies. Some online services may not be available in all countries. Online play requires paid online membership.

:(

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

bushisms.txt posted:

They also promised the lite and that did come, despite many including myself scoffing at the idea.
The madmen actually did it. A Switchless Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sucks to not have the option but I always found local coop in the same town to be one of the funnest parts of playing AC.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope it can support cloud saving but I super doubt it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I went looking for the tweet where Mike Matei threw a hissy fit over it being called a Switch Lite even though it doesn't Switch but apparently he deleted it lol. Coward.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope it can support cloud saving but I super doubt it.

It was confirmed to not be supported a long rear end time ago

This game is made by the Splatoon 2 devs so it's not out of left field but it's still loving baffling

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Fawf posted:

It was confirmed to not be supported a long rear end time ago

This game is made by the Splatoon 2 devs so it's not out of left field but it's still loving baffling

Presumably it's the same logic as pokemon (they don't want duplicating items to be laughably trivial)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's specifically disallowed to prevent save scumming. Wether or not you agree with preventing people from getting extra money or items in a (mostly) single player game is worth not allowing the convenience of cloud saves is a worthy discussion, but it's not because the devs are too stupid to figure out how.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Disabling key features of Nintendo's online service specifically for the games where losing a save is the most devastating (Splatoon, Pokemon, Animal Crossing) is beyond stupid, so disagree

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Well unless your Switch is stolen or broken beyond repair it's a non-issue so it likely won't effect you in any way.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

American McGay posted:

Well unless your Switch is stolen or broken beyond repair it's a non-issue so it likely won't effect you in any way.

To be fair, this is literally the only reason I care about cloud saves.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/1223075088448282624

American McGay posted:

That's the reason why I do Cloud saves.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I said gently caress it and ordered it off of Best Buy. Will change to Amazon if I manage to catch it on time since I have a gift card there I used to preorder the game a few months ago.

Turning my OG Switch into a permanent pinball cabinet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Yeah because switches never break and get sent in for repair jesus christ.

If you want to defend nintendo against any criticism, resetera is that way