Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Endorph posted:

the next dlc list will be, in order, lu bu, dante, doomguy, heihachi mishima, reimu hakurei, and arle nadja

this is not a prediction, this is fact.
I know "dante for smash" is kind of a meme at this point, but like... dante for smash when

we've already got megaman & the various mii outfits, so clearly capcom isn't entirely opposed to their characters showing up, and we've got joker, so clearly guns aren't an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

the next dlc list will be, in order, lu bu, dante, doomguy, heihachi mishima, reimu hakurei, and arle nadja

this is not a prediction, this is fact.
You expect me to believe that Nintendo and Koei would put in Lu Bu before Zhao Yun? A pitiful lie.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

MechaX posted:

I want Kiryu for Smash.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

i will always buy any smash dlc characters because it increases the amount of matches in a smashdown, the best game mode
Hell yeah

nrook posted:

Yeah but tippers are cool.
If you like or are good at fighting games sure

If you're a Bad like me, Lucina/Chrom are a blast and Marth/Roy are Literally Unplayable

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

EorayMel posted:

Remember when Sakurai said do not buy the passes if you do not think they are worth it?

Me neither :homebrew:

"do not buy the pass if you do not think they are worth it" is the contrapositive of "buy the pass only if you are confident in its value", therefore it is logically equivalent to what Sakurai said.

(if you're wondering how that works, "only if" is a statement of necessity for the thing that follows: buying the pass thus implies you are confident in its value).

:goonsay:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Lupus Rufus posted:

"do not buy the pass if you do not think they are worth it" is the contrapositive of "buy the pass only if you are confident in its value", therefore it is logically equivalent to what Sakurai said.

(if you're wondering how that works, "only if" is a statement of necessity for the thing that follows: buying the pass thus implies you are confident in its value).

:goonsay:

whoa this post makes sense iff you're a nerd

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm 100% getting the pass but I don't see the point of doing so now. I'll wait until the first FP2 character is revealed. I'm in no hurry to get that Mii costume.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supersonic Shine posted:

You expect me to believe that Nintendo and Koei would put in Lu Bu before Zhao Yun? A pitiful lie.

zhao yun isnt that popular in the us, lu bu's popular in both the us and japan

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
I waited to buy the first fighter’s pass until a $5 off the DLC came around. It was right around before or after Hero became available. Saved myself a whole Lincoln.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

zhao yun isnt that popular in the us, lu bu's popular in both the us and japan
Nintendo almost always adds the hero first, and despite being one officer out of many, Zhao Yun has been made the face of the series by Koei.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I want every possible addition or enhancement that can be made to this game. I don't want to have to think about whether it belongs or not. Give me everything. I'm mostly just annoyed at the number of separate transactions this involves.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Blaziken386 posted:

I know "dante for smash" is kind of a meme at this point, but like... dante for smash when

we've already got megaman & the various mii outfits, so clearly capcom isn't entirely opposed to their characters showing up, and we've got joker, so clearly guns aren't an issue.

Capcom also has Ryu and Ken so at this point I think it’s up to what Sakurai/nintendo wants to put in. I’m 100% confident they would say yes to whatever

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I feel like this is the truth:

• Doomguy (I still believe)
  • A Capcom character (Phoenix Wright please)
  • A character from a currently unannounced Nintendo game
  • A retro mascot
  • A guest from another fighting game (either Tekken, Guilty Gear, or Soul Calibur)
  • uh, gently caress it, Kos-Mos

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

why would you preorder DLC that you know nothing about when there's literally no benefit to doing so

If you bring your setup to tournaments you need all the characters regardless of who they are.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Phoenix Wright walks on two legs, and he's normal height. That's his biggest weakness in terms of appeal.

Because instead of that you could find yourself a Capcom character who walks on four legs, or walks on two legs but he's also like Mario-sized.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Phoenix Wright walks on two legs, and he's normal height. That's his biggest weakness in terms of appeal.
I have some news for you concerning the first Fighter's Pass.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So many Byleths online

In related news, my Samus is over 5.9 million for the first time :v:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Because instead of that you could find yourself a Capcom character who walks on four legs, or walks on two legs but he's also like Mario-sized.

Amaterasu or Arthur then? Cool.

EDIT: How about Asura for four-or-more-armed representation?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Viewtiful Jew posted:

!?!?!?!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

.. god, I would kill for a Viewtiful Joe HD Collection

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

shirts and skins posted:

So many Byleths online

A truth as universal across every game: there's no better time for random mirrors than the moment a DLC fighter comes out.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Reiley posted:

If you bring your setup to tournaments you need all the characters regardless of who they are.

nrook posted:

Tbh I preorder all the fighter passes just because sometimes I have people over and we play smash, and it’s be awkward if I just hadn’t bought their main.

Going outside? Having people come to my house?

Did Yall forget where you're posting?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

SeXReX posted:

Going outside? Having people come to my house?

Did Yall forget where you're posting?

How about this:

I can't render videos of my sick replays if I don't own the character!

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Bongo Bill posted:

I feel like this is the truth:

• Doomguy (I still believe)
  • A Capcom character (Phoenix Wright please)
  • A character from a currently unannounced Nintendo game
  • A retro mascot
  • A guest from another fighting game (either Tekken, Guilty Gear, or Soul Calibur)
  • uh, gently caress it, Kos-Mos

Close, I have scientifically determined that the next pass will be:

- Dragonborn
- Dante
- A Pokemon from Sword/Shield to coincide with DLC
- Lloyd
- Heihachi
- Generic protagonist from the next Fire Emblem game releasing in 2021

With Geno, Hollow Knight, and Crash to appear as premium Mii costumes

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Geno
Reimu
Amaterasu
Shantae
The Millennium Star, from Mario Party 3

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

why are there only 5

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
The image was made before the announcement of pack 2

e: rather, before the announcement that pack 2 would have a 6th character

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 31, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Gooigi
A kingdon hearts anime
Arle from puyo puyo
Samurai goro
Buck bumble

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I want:

Marco from metal slug
Phoenix Wright
Crash bandicoot
Dante
Some overwatch character

Comedy answer: Captain Price

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
the rumor is fully debunked at this point but I still want ryu hayabusa

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Doom Slayer
Minecraft Steve
Geno
Magolor
Baba from BABA IS YOU / Untitled Goose

+

Raiden (Revengeance)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
im a basic bitch, my dream dlc 2 is
lara croft
master chief
tails
phoenix wright
any of the seiken densetsu 3 folks (kevin probably best)
amaterasu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

impa
heihachi
dante
haruka amami
geno

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

No Irish Need Imply posted:

any of the seiken densetsu 3 folks (kevin probably best)

kevin/lise/angela as a pokemon trainer-style triple character

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Jazerus posted:

kevin/lise/angela as a pokemon trainer-style triple character

do NOT play with my heart like this

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Maple Leaf posted:

Geno
Reimu
Amaterasu
Shantae
The Millennium Star, from Mario Party 3

Spyro
Doomguy
Waluigi
Chibi Robo
Gohdan, the boss from Wind Waker. His alts will include other "disembodied head + hands" characters, like Andross, that one racist looking Kirby boss, etc.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Raserys posted:

the rumor is fully debunked at this point but I still want ryu hayabusa

I think he’s a pretty decent possibility still.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Raiden, Wonder Red, Amaterasu, Sam from the one that begins with a V

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

The Mattybee posted:

If you're heading towards her with the late part of PKT2 she can absolutely blow you up

I'm not sure if late hit breaks super armor?

Late hit does not break super armor, but most of the time I've ended up on the other side of her and can capitalize on her recovery time. I was blown up once by her today, but out of ~25 times, only once did I not knock her out of it or end on the safe side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I hope that a Super Mario RPG character gets in but instead of Geno it's Booster and he's a Wario echo.