Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

FungiCap posted:

It would be super cool to live in a fantasy world in your own head where you're never responsible for your actions if it weren't for all the real world repercussions.

Do people like this ever change or do they mostly live their entire lives feeling as though they have no blame for anything they do?

We put them in charge of our political and economic systems and insulate them with enough money and armed guards to guarantee they can never learn or change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
This vagina/penis has gone 300 0 days without a sex accident.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FungiCap posted:

It would be super cool to live in a fantasy world in your own head where you're never responsible for your actions if it weren't for all the real world repercussions.

Do people like this ever change or do they mostly live their entire lives feeling as though they have no blame for anything they do?

Yeah like when cops run up a 20 year bar tab and they think they’ll never have to pay because they’re cops lol, I hear ya pal.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Lol @ horny boss getting all horned up for a lady with a severe cold.

gently caress ya bay-bee lemme rub this Vick's all over dem tiddies after I motorboat'em blblblblbblrrrr.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

Straight White Shark posted:

That's... alarmingly similar to how some sexual assault victims describe their experiences.

Granted, given the prior history it was probably just run of the mill consensual cheating.

Yeeeeeeeeeah, I'm pretty sure this guy pressured an ill woman into this. It's loving gross.

Just because you hosed someone willingly doesn't mean they can't assault you later.

She's still garbage for cheating previously, but I really think this was nonconsensual.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

cumshitter posted:

gently caress ya bay-bee lemme rub this Vick's all over dem tiddies after I motorboat'em blblblblbblrrrr.

This is uncannily on point for all heterosexuals.

Cumshitter, you really are a land of contrasts...

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My husband and I can pass as heterosexual when the need arises. Typically we forego one day of showering and then don our straight people disguises: pleated khaki overalls + trucker hats with the laughing emoji on them.

People often mistake us for visiting kings from a foreign land and offer their daughters to us in marriage. My own son is unable to recognize me in my disguise.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

cumshitter posted:

My husband and I can pass as heterosexual when the need arises. Typically we forego one day of showering and then don our straight people disguises: pleated khaki overalls + trucker hats with the laughing emoji on them.

People often mistake us for visiting kings from a foreign land and offer their daughters to us in marriage. My own son is unable to recognize me in my disguise.

Maybe shirts might help?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

FungiCap posted:

I'm sure some of them change, but I've never seen it happen.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Nazzadan posted:

Remember the "Keep me from my baby and I'll end you" story? Here's an unrelated story from the same OP posted an hour ago
I (22f) cheated on my SO (28m) how can I fix this?

Good news, everybody!

OP posted:

EDIT: We've talked. My SO is willing to work with me and our relationship. Obviously I have to earn back trust. He needed time to process and still does but I think we can work through it.

What a doormat. Have fun hanging out on that couch remembering that other dude juicing all over your chick lmao

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Come the gently caress on dude.

The fact it's not even his kid is another layer in the wtf cake.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*Whips out dick while woman goes through an intense coughing fit, struggling to breathe through the congestion*

Greetings ma'am, I'm from Doctors Without Standards and I'm here to help.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Wow, that wasn't the update I expected from that post.

Here's a fun one
Boyfriend's [25M] watch kink has me [25F] feeling uncomfortable. What should I do?

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years and for the most part it's been a happy relationship. Within the past year or so though, things have taken a weird turn. It all started one day when he told me I should start wearing old watches, because he found it sexy. I didn't want to judge him because he went along with my food kink (celery up rear end, etc), so I started wearing them occasionally. I would catch him looking at it during sex but I didn't mind. It then evolved to him saying before he climaxed, "What time is it, what time is it?" I would say "cum time" and then he would ejaculate over my wrist/watch. This continued for some time and at first I thought it was cute. But then it kept progressing.

Another time we were heading to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. I decided to wear a watch that day to look more formal. It's a pretty long drive to their house, so I figured my boyfriend would nap along the way. I didn't hear a peep from him in a while, so I looked over at the passenger seat, and he was jacking off under his blanket looking directly at my watch. I tried yelling his name, but he was almost in a trance. That was the last time I wore a watch in public. All day at my parent's house he was saying "tick, tock" in a seductive way. He later started doing that whenever he wanted sex.

On his birthday, per his request, I wore 4 watches up my arm during sex. He ejaculated in seconds.

Now I'm not a prude by any means, but this kink has taken over his life. I've tried sitting down to talk with him about it, but he always says "I am who I am, I can't help it". I told him recently it makes me a little uncomfortable, and he's said he'll try to wind it down.

Then there was yesterday. Again, I was over at my parent's house with him. He was sitting on the side couch while my mom and I were having a conversation. I looked over at him and he had a full hard-on, you couldn't miss it. I think my mom saw it too. I didn't know why he was so turned on, but I then I saw what he was looking at - the clock on the wall.

I really love this guy but I don't know if I can go along with this kink anymore. It might be time to end this relationship. Thoughts?

TL;DR: Boyfriend has watch/clock kink, it's affected my life to the point that I've gone digital. Should I stay with him?

So I'm not alone in assuming from the title it was cuck poo poo, right?

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
That one has been posted before but I thank you for reposting it again if only for:

quote:

I didn't want to judge him because he went along with my food kink (celery up rear end, etc)

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh is it a repost? It's from 4 minutes ago. This is what I get for skipping the last 2k pages of the previous thread.

Ah I see now in the comments of the post it's a repost.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm guessing he plays this in place of mood music.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

HOT BREAD! posted:

That one has been posted before but I thank you for reposting it again if only for:

Has that been a thread title? Definitely worthy.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nazzadan posted:

Here's a fun one
Boyfriend's [25M] watch kink has me [25F] feeling uncomfortable. What should I do?

he's said he'll try to wind it down

:dadjoke:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nazzadan posted:

Here's a fun one

I seriously thought the F-plus episode about exactly this was a big gag by the mostly British posters they had sourced from but uh....wow.

https://thefpl.us/episode/184

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Nazzadan posted:

Here's a fun one

r/relationships: I would say "cum time" and then he would ejaculate over my wrist/watch

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

Bag of Hamsters posted:

She's still garbage for cheating previously, but I really think this was nonconsensual.

Maybe I'm dumb but where is it indicated that this wasn't consensual?

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
celery up rear end, etc.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

dick wizard posted:

It doesn't specifically say that, but the way it was described, especially with the person who had cut off almost all contact with the boss, makes it sound like it was pressured.

It's likely she was being an rear end and just cheated, though.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

dick wizard posted:

There are tells when someone is pressured into sexual things, such as him insisting he come over when she's in a physically vulnerable state, her describing acts that don't involve her active participation and/or can be done without much undressing on her part. Plus the messed-up power dynamic of someone she reports to, the fact that she's already dealing with guilt over previous cheating, and in cases of assault, people often try to grasp at any bit of agency they may have because then it means they weren't assaulted and no one wants to believe it can happen to them.

It would be nice if this wasn't probably true. I hope she gets to a therapist regardless.

Also, do the math. She was 18/19 when she slept with her boss. :(

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for laughing at my GF's tattoo?
I know I'm a jerk, but hear me out.

I'm not against tattoos, but if they are done, I do think they need to be professional.

My GF found an tattoo parlour that only charges $50 an hour, which I found extremely shady. I told her that it was shady, but she still went through.

She tried to get a tattoo of that Latin quote. "Veni Vidi Vici". But, it didn't come up to her standards. Instead of cursive it was in a scraggly handwriting, and he misspelled Veni.

She called me as soon as she realized the disaster. I didn't believe her, and when she showed me, my first response was to laugh. I didn't say "I told you so", but this is definitely not my problem. I warned her.

She then cried when I refused to help. But, what can I do? We're broke college students.

So, AITA?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for laughing at my GF's tattoo?
I know I'm a jerk, but hear me out.

I'm not against tattoos, but if they are done, I do think they need to be professional.

My GF found an tattoo parlour that only charges $50 an hour, which I found extremely shady. I told her that it was shady, but she still went through.

She tried to get a tattoo of that Latin quote. "Veni Vidi Vici". But, it didn't come up to her standards. Instead of cursive it was in a scraggly handwriting, and he misspelled Veni.

She called me as soon as she realized the disaster. I didn't believe her, and when she showed me, my first response was to laugh. I didn't say "I told you so", but this is definitely not my problem. I warned her.

She then cried when I refused to help. But, what can I do? We're broke college students.

So, AITA?
GF is an idiot for going to a shady tattoo parlor

GF is also an idiot for getting that quote tattooed on her even if she wasn't going to a shady parlor

and :lol: at asking him to help. Help how? What's he gonna do?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting my depressed wife to have dinner with another man?

I (28M) have been married to my wife (24F) for about 4 years now. We're best friends, and we love each other.

Over the past few months, my wife has been having quite bad anxiety and depression. We've been talking about it quite a bit, and I've been as loving, supportive and understanding as I can be. One of the things she noted was that she really feels like she needs a support network among friends, and that she feels like a lot of her friendships are a lot more valuable and deep, since she feels like they're quite superficial now. She used to have a close family network, but she moved country and has lost that, so it's understandable.

However, one of the people she has chosen to become closer with is a guy called Rob. To be frank, I don't like Rob. Rob is insecure, to the level where she has shouted and argued at me before for "questioning" his expertise at a board game, by disagreeing with his outlook on the game. He constantly mocks me, and projects his insecurities on me - an example being that he is a window cleaner (not a bad job), but he received an economics degree, and he constantly tells me I need to "get a better job", and I need to "achieve my potential".

My wife knows I don't like him. This is, to be fair, probably aided by the fact that when we initially met, my wife expressed that in a strange way, she finds him attractive.

I've told her that he annoys me, and I don't feel comfortable around him. She has been spending more and more time with him. I've told her how uncomfortable I am about all of this, and that while I understand she will probably not cheat on me, I feel she may be having an emotional affair. She has, basically, dismissed me, and told me that I'm being a bit ridiculous. I've not told her she can't meet with Rob - I just told her that I feel uncomfortable with how much time she's spending with him, and that I don't like him.

I work for the emergency services, so I work long days (8am to 6pm). Today, we were talking, and she told me how she won't make dinner for me tonight, because she's going to Rob's house, because he offered to cook for her.

I have issues with this:

1) I don't like Rob.

2) Dinner is when my wife and I usually sit, talk and bond. I feel like she's choosing to miss this out.

3) I don't get cooked dinner. When she's working and I'm home, I cook for us....

4) I don't get to see my wife.

Look, I understand she needs a network. And I understand I might be being a bit insecure with all of this. But I can just see this turning into an affair.

So on the phone call, I told her how uncomfortable I am with the fact that we won't only not be having dinner together, but she'll be having dinner with another man, and that man is Rob. She told me to not be like that, and hung up.

AITA in this situation?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

r/relationships: celery up rear end, etc

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

e: nm

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Don't put celery up your rear end, it doesn't have enough fiber

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (28M) have been married to my wife (24F) for about 4 years now. We're best friends, and we love each other.

Over the past few months, my wife has been having quite bad anxiety and depression. We've been talking about it quite a bit, and I've been as loving, supportive and understanding as I can be. One of the things she noted was that she really feels like she needs a support network among friends, and that she feels like a lot of her friendships are a lot more valuable and deep, since she feels like they're quite superficial now. She used to have a close family network, but she moved country and has lost that, so it's understandable.

However, one of the people she has chosen to become closer with is a guy called Rob. To be frank, I don't like Rob. Rob is insecure, to the level where she has shouted and argued at me before for "questioning" his expertise at a board game, by disagreeing with his outlook on the game. He constantly mocks me, and projects his insecurities on me - an example being that he is a window cleaner (not a bad job), but he received an economics degree, and he constantly tells me I need to "get a better job", and I need to "achieve my potential".

My wife knows I don't like him. This is, to be fair, probably aided by the fact that when we initially met, my wife expressed that in a strange way, she finds him attractive.

I've told her that he annoys me, and I don't feel comfortable around him. She has been spending more and more time with him. I've told her how uncomfortable I am about all of this, and that while I understand she will probably not cheat on me, I feel she may be having an emotional affair. She has, basically, dismissed me, and told me that I'm being a bit ridiculous. I've not told her she can't meet with Rob - I just told her that I feel uncomfortable with how much time she's spending with him, and that I don't like him.

I work for the emergency services, so I work long days (8am to 6pm). Today, we were talking, and she told me how she won't make dinner for me tonight, because she's going to Rob's house, because he offered to cook for her.

I have issues with this:

1) I don't like Rob.

2) Dinner is when my wife and I usually sit, talk and bond. I feel like she's choosing to miss this out.

3) I don't get cooked dinner. When she's working and I'm home, I cook for us....

Look, I understand she needs a network. And I understand I might be being a bit insecure with all of this. But I can just see this turning into an affair.

So on the phone call, I told her how uncomfortable I am with the fact that we won't only not be having dinner together, but she'll be having dinner with another man, and that man is Rob. She told me to not be like that, and hung up.

AITA in this situation?

Pete that situation over your shoulder and gtfo

but seriously, maybe consider therapy for your wife and couples therapy for the two of you? It’s not like she’s cheating (yet) but there are some red flags there

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
120% Rob is encouraging her to find fault with the husband and suggesting her depression is his fault. He will at the very least be planting seeds in the hope of snagging her after their divorce.

Comedy option: she believes Rob's completely platonic, he divorces her, Rob makes his move within hours, she begs him to take her back.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Bag of Hamsters posted:

There are tells when someone is pressured into sexual things, such as him insisting he come over when she's in a physically vulnerable state, her describing acts that don't involve her active participation and/or can be done without much undressing on her part. Plus the messed-up power dynamic of someone she reports to, the fact that she's already dealing with guilt over previous cheating, and in cases of assault, people often try to grasp at any bit of agency they may have because then it means they weren't assaulted and no one wants to believe it can happen to them.

It would be nice if this wasn't probably true. I hope she gets to a therapist regardless.

Also, do the math. She was 18/19 when she slept with her boss. :(

He's probably the assistant manager at Subway. She willingly cheated on her boyfriend with him many times. I don't think she deserves the benefit of the doubt just because she had a cold.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

I (29M) am back together (27F) with my "poop socks" girlfriend and I'm wanting to propose.

quote:

Like the title says and whether people like it or not, we are back together.

She knows I'm going to propose. I just don't know how yet.
The sock thing is still an issue but I love her, so who am I to say what's right and wrong.
Things settled down and we got back in touch through a mutual friend. She was reluctant to see me because she was still mad and embarrassed. I sat on everything for a long time but couldn't shake how I felt about her. I worked really hard to try and look past the sock stuff and eventually broke down one night. When I saw her next I told her in the end I didn't care about her bathroom choices, but that I did care about her. She was still reluctant and kept me at a distance for several weeks but finally started getting closer to me. When I suspected things could get serious again I did have a long talk with her. I wanted her to know I respected her privacy and her choices but if we were going to make this work she needed to respect my belongings. She agreed and finally apologized.

We're now to a point in our relationship where we've been talking marriage. She wants a nice wedding and so do I. The only problem we can see is that her sister refuses to want to have anything to do with me. This is a problem because she and her sister are really close and she doesn't want there to be any conflict. Her sister has refused multiple times to come over for dinner or even just agree to meet me so I can explain to her what's changed. So I'm back on Reddit asking for advice since everyone helped me the first time.

How can we solve this?

Edit: A lot of people are focusing on the wrong thing here. Can we focus on the question about what we can do about her sister? I'm regretting the title I used.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I refuse to turn my celebratory dinner into a mother's day dinner?

Background, I hate hate hate mother's day. My mom walked out on us, started another life with a new family and never really looked back. Mother's day is a hard day for me and I normally spend it with a friend whose mom passed away, drinking and generally ignoring the day while my husband spends the weekend with his mom.

I'm also generally not a fan of my mother-in-law. She manages to make everything about her. Yes, I'm involved in the Just-No MIL sub.

We spent the first few years of our relationship with me being dragged along for mother's day. She means well but it's too much of the "I'm your mom now!" This is just a painful day for me and spending it with her reminiscing about all the adorable childhood memories and general good relationship stuff she and the hubs had, that I missed out on with my own mom, is too much for me. So now I sit it out.

This year, I've been training for a triathlon (which my husband thinks he's going to do it with me) and it occurs on the day before Mother's Day. We live 4 hours away from the in-laws, but this event is about 1 1/2 hours from their house (we'll spend the weekend in a hotel)

I don't really want my in-laws to come cheer me on, but hubs already invited them to do that since it's close-ish to their town. (If he's competing too, I won't dictate who can and can't cheer for him) I can live with that, and I'm OK with going out to lunch and celebrating that we finished our first triathlon. My suggestion was that on Sunday, I'd hang out and read and lounge while husband goes to his parents town Sunday for church and lunch on Mother's Day and then we'd head home. But he suggested, which means already told his parents, we can just two-birds-one-stone the lunch or dinner on Saturday after the triathlon and celebrate mother's day while they're with us.

I don't want this celebration of my accomplishment to be all about her. If we two-birds-one-stone-it, we'll have to eat where she wants (which is usually a place that doesn't serve alcohol because she hates the devil water), and the conversation will revolve around her. Can't I just have one day, one meal to celebrate this accomplishment that I've been training for??

Am I the rear end in a top hat if I make the hubs tell his parents our Saturday afternoon cannot be about mother's day and making my husband celebrate with her ON mother's day?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I have issues with this:

1) I don't like Rob.

AITA in this situation?

How loving dumb do you need to be for "I'm going to stay with another man who's going to cook for me I won't have dinner with you" not to be a clear signal that shes cheating on you? What's the reason she has to go have him cook dinner? Therapy support? The rapid dismissal is a clear that that regardless of anything else she doesn't care what her husband thinks or feels.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I refuse to turn my celebratory dinner into a mother's day dinner?

:words:
Nowhere in here does she mention bringing this up to her husband. Which either means she knows he's a complete doormat that can never say no to his overbearing mother, or simply means he doesn't really give a poo poo about how his wife feels about Mother's Day. (he clearly knows how she feels given their arrangement on Mother's Day other years)

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Kenshin posted:

Nowhere in here does she mention bringing this up to her husband. Which either means she knows he's a complete doormat that can never say no to his overbearing mother, or simply means he doesn't really give a poo poo about how his wife feels about Mother's Day. (he clearly knows how she feels given their arrangement on Mother's Day other years)

Either way, she’s in a predicament of her own design.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

pentyne posted:

How loving dumb do you need to be for "I'm going to stay with another man who's going to cook for me I won't have dinner with you" not to be a clear signal that shes cheating on you? What's the reason she has to go have him cook dinner? Therapy support? The rapid dismissal is a clear that that regardless of anything else she doesn't care what her husband thinks or feels.

Yeah, all the Reddit responses are this, that's she's either going to cheat soon or had already been doing so for a while. She's an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This year, I've been training for a triathlon (which my husband thinks he's going to do it with me)

What does this mean? Is he or isn't he? Is he training too? Does she talk to anyone at all?