Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Smilin' Pete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

IMO the Biden fall far outdoes the potential harm from Bernie potentially losing a couple of delegates.

it's a huge deal but a big part of the campaign going forward relies on pulling people who aren't super politically engaged into the primary, and rigging the election this transparently stands to depress the poo poo out of turnout. Like if you're a first-time primary voter juggling two gig-economy jobs and four kids why the gently caress are you going to waste hours on this goofy pageantry for some gangster to just throw away your vote and smirk in your face anyway

IDK that it's definitively "good" or "bad", it's just a totally different game now than we thought it was 36 hours ago.

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Feb 4, 2020

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

IMO the Biden fall far outdoes the potential harm from Bernie potentially losing a couple of delegates.

i agree tbh. biden collapsing totally leaves the black vote up for grabs, and bernie is overwhelmingly their #2 choice

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rip Bernie you had a good run

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

good news for me

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Lambert posted:

How long do we have to wait for the full numbers? Why are they only releasing 60%? Why not wait for the final tally, it's late anyways?

you know why

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

the boston bomber posted:

good news for me

:eyepop:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bass Concert Hall posted:

Calling it now, brokered convention gonna go Butt/Warren and I will be voting for our Big Orange Boy out of spite in November.

What the gently caress is wrong with you

write in bernie or dont vote

do not vote for a nazi

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rah! posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you

write in bernie or dont vote

do not vote for a nazi

own the libs by voting for a guy who doesn’t really do anything to them

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bass Concert Hall posted:

Calling it now, brokered convention gonna go Butt/Warren and I will be voting for our Big Orange Boy out of spite in November.

yea, dont do that. write in sanders. don't vote for loving trump

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's a huge deal but a big part of the campaign going forward relies on pulling people who aren't super politically engaged into the primary, and rigging the election this transparently stands to depress the poo poo out of turnout. Like if you're juggling two gig-economy jobs and four kids why the gently caress are you going to waste hours on this goofy pageantry for some gangster to just throw away your vote and smirk in your face anyway

IDK that it's definitively "good" or "bad", it's just a totally different game now than we thought it was 36 hours ago.

pretty sure this has done nothing but further enrage sanders' already rabid base. might depress turnout for other non-pete supporters though

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm just curious, have you ever won a toxx

billhyphenkristolman

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

the boston bomber posted:

good news for me

one hell of a post

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Ultimately this doesn't matter. Biden cratered and Bernie is almost assuredly going into the convention with the delegate lead

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Acelerion posted:

Ultimately this doesn't matter. Biden cratered and Bernie is almost assuredly going into the convention with the delegate lead

If berno is 1 delegate short of 50% I reserve the right to amend this post

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
ultimately Iowa broke the way it had to at a minimum so if Bernie can deny Biden anything in NH it’s basically game

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Muppets On PCP posted:

pretty sure this has done nothing but further enrage sanders' already rabid base. might depress turnout for other non-pete supporters though

Most people voting for Sanders aren't rabid Online leftist weirdos, and those aren't the guys we've got to mobilize. It might well backfire that way but if we want it we're gonna have to make that happen.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh, I think Biden is still the main "moderate" candidate. Butt isn't going to jump so far ahead from his single digit national polling to overtake Biden, but he's likely o get just enough of a push to give Bernie a credible lead that the Dems won't be able to ratfuck nationally without committing a political suicide.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
domestic GLADIO and daylight CIA ops with a man in the right spot: Special Agent Pete

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

:toxx: the results released today will show Bernie Sanders with a comfortable lead

Lol owned

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/IPM_HQ/status/1224814109113376770

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

Dems won't be able to ratfuck nationally without committing a political suicide.

they've already done that

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Most people voting for Sanders aren't rabid Online leftist weirdos. It might well backfire that way but if we want it we're gonna have to make that happen.

Honestly I don't see why coming out first in popular vote and with an effective delegate parity should depress the average voter. If anything it's going to depress the most radicalized voters who have invested themselves so much psychologically into the campaign that even just a modest victory is seen as a crushing defeat by them. I would say the habitual, non-online, non-angry voters are a far more reliable base than the less disciplined but more passionate die hards.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Most people voting for Sanders aren't rabid Online leftist weirdos, and those aren't the guys we've got to mobilize. It might well backfire that way but if we want it we're gonna have to make that happen.

I mean getting discouraged from one state going not the way you expected is probably not going to happen either.

Bernie support isn’t that soft.

the question of ratfucking versus not ratfucking is more online discourse than not

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if bernie gets ratfucked by this party i might need to be talked down from unironically becoming an accelrationist

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Lambert posted:

How long do we have to wait for the full numbers? Why are they only releasing 60%? Why not wait for the final tally, it's late anyways?

So they can cherry pick it to so news headlines can go wild about buttchug being in the lead and then over the course of a week IV drip the rest of the results where it shows that oh hey actually Bernie easily won but hopefully everyone will have forgotten about Iowa by then.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1224823007971106816?s=19

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, the average voter isn't thinking in the fatalist terms of fighting an existential all or nothing battle against the whole establishment (regardless of whether that thinking is correct or not)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

if bernie gets ratfucked by this party i might need to be talked down from unironically becoming an accelrationist

if he gets ratfucking than acceleration can’t be a thing.

Because where do you go from there

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

Oh, I think Biden is still the main "moderate" candidate. Butt isn't going to jump so far ahead from his single digit national polling to overtake Biden, but he's likely o get just enough of a push to give Bernie a credible lead that the Dems won't be able to ratfuck nationally without committing a political suicide.

Lol like they give a poo poo about political suicide. They're rather Trump win than Bernie win, full stop.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt35BYEOlEw

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

It's less that Bernie takes a hit and more that Buttigieg gets a huge boost that he doesn't actually deserve. I'm still not that worried, though, it's not like he's going to take New Hampshire over Bernie.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

if he gets ratfucking than acceleration can’t be a thing.

Because where do you go from there

alcoholism i guess

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brother Entropy posted:

I don't think anyone here will talk you out of anything dude, maybe start making friends in DND now

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

steinrokkan posted:

what in the last four years makes you think they aren't totally fine with committing political suicide

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Streak posted:

Lol like they give a poo poo about political suicide. They're rather Trump win than Bernie win, full stop.

I think they do care about political suicide, because for most of them their livelihood depends on being part of a nominally viable political force. If ratfucking Bernie threatens it, and they can't build up plausible deniability, I think they are going to concede rather than harm themselves personally.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

No, they’re people who believe they’re getting screwed. The longer this ratfucking goes on, the more likely average voters catch on. It will only help Bernie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: they only released the votes that show Buttigieg on top. Definitely not suspicious.