Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Who What Now posted:

What's the actual difference, though? Because I literally can't think of any except the type of sauce you you put on them

If I'm eating Italian food I'm having pasta, if I'm having Asian food I'm having noodles, it's pretty simple.

Just like how if I'm eating Khinkali I'm having Georgian food, if I'm eating momos I'm having Himalayan food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

words are hard, clearly these 2 things are the exact same

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Perfidious posters ponder pasta properties, pen pedantic posts about noodle nuances. Now neglecting new narrations into next page.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

WIBTA if I tell my boyfriend I don't want to go out to eat with him anymore?

quote:

Basically every time we go out, no matter where we go, he always orders something like chicken nuggets, PBJ, mac and cheese, etc. Our first few dates were movies, ice skating, coffee- things that didn't involve much food so I didn't realize it was a issue right off the bat. Now we've been "official" for a couple months and I'm starting to get annoyed. It doesn't matter if we go to a nice steakhouse, Applebees, traditional Chinese, Thai- he seems to always just pick the most "childish" (for lack of a better word) thing on the menu and a Coke, and that's all he eats. If I order an appetizer he'll share it with me, and he doesn't mind trying a bite or two of my food, but even if he enjoys it he'll still stick to his chicken nuggets instead of ordering something new. One time, we went to a fancier seafood place that just straight up didn't offer a more "kiddy" menu, and he ordered a Coke and just sat there waiting for me to finish.

It's not even like I'm the only one asking him to get dinner or lunch, he's always asking me if I want to go out to eat with him as our next date. The last few times I said (albeit a bit jokingly as I didn't want to offend) "I'm down, just don't get chicken nuggets this time!" and he laughed and agreed but then when we got there he still got something childish like PBJ.

I want to tell him I won't go out to dinner with him anymore unless he gets something more "age appropriate," but I also feel like I'm being a colossal bitch. I enjoy chicken nuggets and pizza as much as the next guy and he obviously can eat whatever he wants, but truthfully it's embarrassing sitting all dressed up at a fancy steakhouse and he has a plate of chicken tenders off the kids menu. He doesn't have dietary restrictions, and if he tries my food he usually ends up liking it, but if I suggest he orders another for himself he just shrugs and sticks to his usual order. I've tried asking him about it and he just says he likes what he likes. Which is fair enough I guess, I just don't really want to go out to eat with him anymore because of it. WIBTA?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

StrangersInTheNight posted:

it's not a democracy or a society it's a chat forum, it's less about trying to change someone's behavior into the 'proper' behavior and more about just getting them to knock it off when they're being obnoxious so everyone else can keep posting. so putting someone in timeout for a while until they calm down is the quickest easiest way, and no follow-up is going to happen bc no one wants to take care of and dote over internet babies.

Gotcha. Still, even here when someone catches a sixer for a "settle down, Beavis" moment, there's at least a reason given for the poster to reflect on why what they posted is bad. And I still can't fathom why DUI wife's post got tanked, it was well-written and that woman was legit seeking help, imo.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA for choosing my fiance over my teenaged and orphaned sister?

I am living with my fiancee. We've been dating for 3 years, living together for 2, engaged for 1, and we were planning to get married this November.

My dad and stepmum passed away last November in a car accident. No instructions for what to do with my sister, and as I am her only living family member I was asked by the council to take her in. I talked to my fiance about it and we agreed.

My fiance has been amazing, doing all he can to help. He packed up the house when my sister and I couldn't face it and has been working extra hours so I can take time off work to be with her. However, my sister being here has all the challenges you'd expect of living with a recently orphaned 14 year old girl.

She's meant to be in school. The school were understanding and told her to take whatever time she needed but that was early December and she's yet to go back. If it weren't for me doing the work that school have sent home for her so she doesn't fall behind she would be expelled by now. She's in our second bedroom, it's insanely messy, she refuses to help out at all and spends the whole day on my fiance's old xbox and refuses to do anything else.

I'm seriously concerned about her and I broached the subject of therapy with her at dinner a last night. When I suggested it she snapped at me, called me a racial slur (I'm half latina through my mum), and told me to mind my business.

My fiance, who has been careful around her before this, said something like "OP is your sister and she is trying to help you. You have to work with us here and do something, whether that's going to a therapist or going back to school, or anything that isn't shutting yourself away all day and only joining us to disrespect your sister." She went to her room after that.

Today my sister informed me that she cannot live with my fiance. She intends to push back against the whole fostering process for as long as my fiance is here. I asked her why she was doing this and she said that the way he spoke to her last night was bullying, so it's him or her.

Obviously I don't want the man I'm planning on marrying to move out for at least 4 years but she's my sister, she's a teenager, she's recently orphaned, and she's clearly lashing out because this really isn't like her and she had no problem with him before he called her out last night.

The council is rushing me through the process to be a legally qualified foster parent to my sister and in a couple months they'll ask me to make it official, so I have a couple months to figure out what I'm doing.

So much is going on right now and I just need a simple and objective opinion because I don't know which way is up any more. This won't be the deciding factor obviously but I need an opinion that isn't my sister or fiance.

WIBTA if I chose my fiance over my sister, and in doing so left her in the hands of the local council/foster care system?

Clarification: she's my half sister. Same dad, her mum was white and mine was latina, hence the racial slur.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Gotcha. Still, even here when someone catches a sixer for a "settle down, Beavis" moment, there's at least a reason given for the poster to reflect on why what they posted is bad. And I still can't fathom why DUI wife's post got tanked, it was well-written and that woman was legit seeking help, imo.

The comments were all heavily on the side of the drunk husband and were starting to get angry so I can see why the mods might want to nip that one in the bud

quote:

You are wrong. The DUI has little to do with you. You have a right to be upset, but if this makes you consider leaving him I think that shows very little understanding or empathy on your part.

quote:

Wow.

"Till death do you part. " or in this case the first little bump comes along. Get some perspective and if you seriously consider this to be the game breaker then yes, you do need to leave.

quote:

You dont know if a dui is forgiveable? Jeez, youre strickt af

quote:

Last thing you want to be doing is making choices based off of Emotions.

Emotional Thinking is dangerous, it throws away logical thinking. And heavy mistakes are made.

quote:

It’s a loving DUI. Big deal. He didn’t murder your best friend.

quote:

Wow, your husband makes one bad mistake and you are ready to leave him? What a great wife you are /s.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Wow I can't believe the peanut gallery reading r/relationships makes ridiculous posts acting like they know everything about a person's life after a few paragraphs.

So crazy how that happens only on reddit lol haha.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FormaldehydeSon posted:

White and whole grain are still bread, aren't they?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Pasta is defined by what its made of and noodles are defined by being noodle shaped (lasagna is too wide to be called a noodle imo).

Spaghetti is both, noodles made of pasta.
Gnocchi is pasta but not a noodle.
Egg noodles are noodles but not pasta.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

The comments were all heavily on the side of the drunk husband and were starting to get angry so I can see why the mods might want to nip that one in the bud

"Till death do us part", meaning her death in a DUI crash or his?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

HazCat posted:

I'll stick my hand in the blender.

No individual, man, woman or child, is ever obligated to parent a child against their will. Just like no individual, man woman or child, is ever obligated to carry a child to term inside themself against their will. It's antithetical to autonomy.

Rail all you want about 'deadbeat dads', but the reality is that it's women who actually suffer the majority of the hardships of unwilling parenthood, and it's a feminist position to support the right to give up parental rights for any reason, at any time.

If you care about the children who still need secure, emotionally healthy adult role models in their lives, support and advocate for the social services which pair able and consenting adults with children who need parents, and that support those parents financially and mentally.

"my paycheck is docked for child support because the courts are misogynistic"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA... I’m pissed that I got a Peloton for my birthday?

Don't these things come with a hefty subscription fee? Who's paying it?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

FormaldehydeSon posted:

You're not really helping your argument. The similarities between these two dishes are a lot more obvious than the differences, you might as well bitch about someone using the word "soup" to describe both miso soup and minestrone.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Tale as old at time. Don’t think this one has been posted yet.

My (M19) boyfriend (M20) has such bad breath, and really weird hygiene.

quote:

I’ve been in a relationship with my boyfriend with almost a year and a half, recently he’s had such bad breath, and bad hygiene that I can’t kiss him, or even be physically close to him without smelling his really rank breath!

I’m sick of it, in general his hygiene is bad, he wears his underwear for longer than a day, he showers almost every other day, maybe 2 days in between showers. He also has difficulty wiping, and his reason is “it’s a forest down there” which isn’t an excuse to leave residue on my sheets.

He brushes his teeth, but he has yellowed plaque that builds up for weeks at a time, since he doesn’t floss. It’s disgusting, he doesn’t floss, and doesn’t drink water, he drinks milk which just makes his breath worse.

What do I do? I’m really sick of this, I can’t even have sex with him because of how bad his hygiene is.

tl:dr: My boyfriend’s hygiene is so bad that I can’t kiss him, or even have sex with him. His breath is rank, even when he brushes his teeth, and he has skid marks on his underwear. What do I do?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

haveblue posted:

Don't these things come with a hefty subscription fee? Who's paying it?

Hopefully, him when she dumps his rear end.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for ruining my friends wedding with metal?

My wife (30F) and I (32M) were invited to my friend (31M)’s wedding. He’s a fairly close friend. We have seen each other about 2-3 times a year since we were 10. He got married to his longtime girlfriend who we have met a handful of times.

He is now a lawyer his wife in med school and their parents are all dentists and pharmacists and doctors etc. To call this wedding extravagant is like calling the Mona Lisa a nice drawing. We added up the things we knew the cost of and got to 100,000USD and there were lots of things we didn’t know the cost of. If you told me they spent half a million I would believe you. There were approx. 400 people at the event.

The wedding was very nice. Big church big dress teams of photographers and videographers. Dinner was crazy huge and very fancy.

They had hired a band as well as two dj’s. In front of this large sound setup were 5 iPads where you could request music. My wife and I go to the machines and start browsing. Well I found the song Bloodletting by Burn the Priest (if you don’t know it go check it out it will provide some context) so I click on it and it sends it off. I figured if it was in there maybe there were some other metal fans there or at the very least that the DJ sees the requests and makes decisions. Honestly I didn’t think much past “oh cool man” and smashed the screen (it was open bar obviously).

About half an hour later the song comes on. Those of you who know the song or went to check it out know how it’s extremely intense right from the start. My wife and I are like “gently caress ya!” and run to the dance floor. After a few minutes of head banging and body checking my wife I look up to see we’re the only ones on the dance floor and the bride is yelling at the DJ.

It didn’t take long for everyone to figure out what just happened so her anger turns to us. Guys she loving lost it. We ruined her wedding, we’re terrible people, something about satan at a godly event. I wish I could remember more of what she said cause it was amazing. She storms off brides maids in tow. I find my friend (the groom) to try and smooth things over. He’s not mad at all he thought is was hilarious and was about to grab his groomsmen and join us but his wife stopped him. I apologized for causing what was probably their first fight as a married couple and ask if he can use his lawyer skills to help me get back on his wife’s good side. He says he’s not that good a lawyer lol. We make a few more jokes and he leaves to go check on his wife. We head home soon after since we seem to be getting a lot of odd looks.

The day after the wedding I start feeling bad about it. With the alcohol cloud now gone I feel like maybe I was TA for picking such an intense song at an event that probably wasn’t appropriate for it. But on the other hand if you’re going to allow guests to pick songs there’s a good chance someone will pick something you don’t like.

This has been bugging me for days so reddit AITA?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Re: the Peloton post: It's an exercise bike with a subscription fee for classes. What the gently caress is a class on using an exercise bike? "Now pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal..."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sunswipe posted:

Re: the Peloton post: It's an exercise bike with a subscription fee for classes. What the gently caress is a class on using an exercise bike? "Now pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal and pedal..."

Pretty much, spin sessions at a real gym work the same way. Some people exercise better with someone yelling encouragement at them and changing up the intensity every few minutes, or at least believe they do enough that it's popular.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Peloton costs over $2200, plus a $39 annual membership. This dude dropped the cost of a used motorcycle on a present that he was specifically told not to buy, on the hopes that just seeing it would somehow change her mind completely.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

if you're a heavy metal fan who isn't willing to annoy people at a church wedding then are you truly a heavy metal fan?

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery

Smirking_Serpent posted:

There is no such thing as a DJ software where guests put songs into iPads and it just auto-plays them. The DJ did it because the couple probably loving suck and people weren't dancing. NTA.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

A Peloton costs over $2200, plus a $39 annual membership. This dude dropped the cost of a used motorcycle on a present that he was specifically told not to buy, on the hopes that just seeing it would somehow change her mind completely.

I deleted the phrase from my earlier post because it's getting overused, but we really are living in the dumbest possible timeline.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA for choosing my fiance over my teenaged and orphaned sister?
I think it's pretty clear that the OP here is being pretty accommodating and the younger half sister is just working on self-destructing. This is turning into a biting the hand that feeds situation very fast.

There probably isn't a good solution besides finding extended family for her to stay with.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

luxury handset posted:

if you're a heavy metal fan who isn't willing to annoy people at a church wedding then are you truly a heavy metal fan?

It honestly seems like some people just look for reasons to freak out and declare their wedding RUINED.

What a huge dork.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

You can skip to the bolded tldr for the part I enjoyed but I posted the whole thing in case someone wants to read every detail about how LSD has fixed their relationship for realsies this time.

I [31/M] just reconnected with the love of my life [30/F] Mental Illness, Drugs, Threesomes... yet here we are. I don't want to screw things up with her again.

quote:

Ok... I will try to make this as short as I can. We have a lot of years of history together.

When I met her I had been single and celibate for 8 years. Most girls just didn't do it for me. I also was a terrible binge drinker. I mean, I could drink all my friends under the table, and they knew it, so they were always challenging me to take it further. Fortunately I never got in any trouble with the law. But I woke up on my front porch, laying in the bushes beside my house, etc.

I met her through friends. The night we met they actually wee trying to set her up with my best friend and (at the time) my roommate. She didn't know she was being set up though and neither did he. So, her and I ended up hitting it off that night.
She was legally married at the time, but separated. We connected right away. The night we met we ended up in bed together after knowing each other for about 6 hours.

I decided right then to slow down on the drinking. I knew she wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a drunk. So I cut way back.
Things were fine for about a year and a half. She moved in with me and my roommate, and all was well... until out of nowhere I had I guess what most would call a nervous breakdown. I still don't even know what triggered it. I used to be a really sickly person. This goes all the way back to childhood. I was always sick... and even as an adult I got sick a lot. And I had the flu really bad. I had a really high fever. And it was when I was sick that something happened mentally that caused me to lose it for a while. I had no history of mental illness prior to that. I still don't really understand it. But I was having hallucinations and awful thoughts about killing people, etc. I immediately started therapy. But that's when it all started going downhill for us, in a lot of ways.

I started drinking heavy again, which made me less easy to get along with. Over the next few years... I fought crippling depression off and on. And she was there with me through all of it. I also leaned a lot on my sister, who I am really close with. I didn't mention this before, but I am not originally from the US. My sister still lives in my home country. So I was calling her all the time, running up thousand dollar phone bills.

During this time I lost multiple jobs...

But then things started looking up for a while. I got a good job at a mapping company. It was the highest paying job I've ever had. And this happened right around the time I was coming out of another depressive episode. Her and I celebrated, and even planned on taking a trip back to my home country.

It's hard to get everything exact on the timeline... But she had been back to my home country with me twice. My family didn't like her. Well, my dad and my two brothers did. My sister and my Mom hated her. And it really caused a big rift between us. At one point when we were there my Mom and sister were sitting there talking bad about her in our native language so she couldn't understand.
But anyway... while I was working at the mapping company three things happened that really messed things up again. For one, my family disowned me. It started with my Mom and sister... then everyone else just followed suit.

Next thing... my roommate decides he is in love with my girlfriend. Please don't judge... but on two occasions when the three of us were really drunk we all three messed around together. Him and I didn't do anything, but we both did things to her. Well, according to him that's when he started having feelings for her.

Third thing... my band broke up. I had been with them for 10 years. We released three albums together. Then my guitarist left his wife for another woman and turned into a raging cokehead. And that ended us.

And then... my dog died and I got the swine flu. Yes... the loving swine flu. I had to be off work for medical reasons for two weeks, and then when I got back they let me go. They said my services were no longer required. According tot hem I wasn't being terminated, they just didn't need me anymore. But they hired a replacement...

Then, I was out drowning my sorrows with a friend of mine. My girlfriend didn't feel like going out that night. And I run into this guy who works with my roommate, at the bar where my girlfriend works. And he is telling me how that redheaded bartender her (my girlfriend) is banging his supervisor at work. And of course, his supervisor is my roommate.

I snapped. I drove home drunk and confronted them both. They both insisted nothing had ever happened that I didn't already know about. I about attacked him, but he slammed a door in my face, and I threw my lighter at her and called her every name in the book. This was scary, even for me, because I'm not a violent person.

So, the next morning I wake up to find my girlfriend gone. She didn't come back at all that day, but texted me to let me know where she was staying.

We took a break... By this point we had been together 5 years. I was terrified I would lose her. Meanwhile I'm unemployed and have no idea how I will pay my share of the bills, etc. And I'm living alone in a house with the man who I (at the time) blamed for all of this.
Well, long story short... slowly over time that situation got resolved. After a while she moved back home and i made peace with him. I still couldn't find a full time job. I had three part time jobs for a while. All three of them were stressful and too much poo poo for minimum wage. I had verbally abusive bosses at two of them.

Then... I won't go into all the details here but I had a whole group of good friends really pull one over on me. I can't go into the whole story, that would be a whole separate post in itself. But it was something pretty awful. This was a backstabbing of epic proportions. I had been feeling another depressive episode coming for a while. She was at work. My roommate was at his mom's house. I decided in a weak moment that I just couldn't handle anymore poo poo. So I tried to kill myself. I won't go into how. But obviously I survived.

I left her when I got out of the hospital. I told her I just couldn't take it anymore. I knew she would be happier without me. It was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I just had to be alone for a while. I packed up everything when she was at work and moved to my friend's house.

When I was in the hospital she was there to see me every chance she had. She even slept on a futon in my room for quite a few nights. Even when I was in the psych ward, she was there when she could be. Because after I as physically safe, they moved me to the psych ward for a while.

So... for over a year I stayed at my friend's house. fr the first 6 months I barely even came out of the guest room. I hardly ate. I lost a lot of weight. I slept all the time. She came to see me a couple times and I told her not to come again. I said we are broken up, that is it, and I don't want to see her.

So... after the not eating, sleeping and being antisocial faze was over... then came the drugs and alcohol faze.

My friend who I was staying with had connections to practically every drug dealer in town. He could get anything. So I started drinking a lot and smoking a lot of weed. I also tried other things... opium, coke, mushrooms...

My former roommate got me a job, working where he works. They do a lot of drug testing there, so I stopped with the drugs to take this job.

So for a while... I just went through the motions. I went to work every day. Came home and drank. Through all of this, I was still crazy in love with this woman. But I figured it was over for good. I thought the emotional pain I caused her was irreversible and I would never, ever get her back.

Then... my friend's drug dealer friend sops over and offers me some really pure LSD. Ok... so this won't show up on a drug test... and I've been dying to get high on something, so I got three hits off him.

I took one hit by myself. I decided to ritualized it. I went into my room, dimmed the lights, put on some good tripping music, and just let it all happen. It was one of the most profound experiences of my life. I knew I needed to see her again... right then. So I called her, at around 2AM and asked her to come over. She didn't have to work the next day, so it was perfect timing. She was at my place in 15 minutes.

I sat on my bed with her and told her exactly how I felt. I got so emotional. I asked her to take a hit of acid with me so we could experience this together. She had never done it before and was cautious. But she did. She ate one hit and I ate the other one that was left. And we laid on my bed having this just amazing otherworldly experience together for about 6 hours. I saw the entire universe in her eyes. I knew right then that she is the one. She is my Goddess. I will never love anyone else. It's her and I for the rest of our lives. This is how it's going to be. We held each other, we both cried, we both laughed.. we pretty much decided that our time apart was hell and we feel completely lost without each other.

We went back to my old house, where she still lives, and slept most of the day away. And then when we woke up sober we had the best make-up sex ever. This was one of those marathons that went on for hours. It was great.

So, now I am back with her. I moved back into my old house. I have a full time job. I am feeling mentally stable again... could this all be really happening finally?

If you made it through all that congrats. I know it was a heavy post.

But... I have never broken up with someone and gotten back together. I have no idea what to expect. I'm scared that I will screw it all up again. So does anyone have any advice for a newly back together couple who has dealt with a lot of poo poo? Thanks in advance.

tl;dr: In the time my girlfriend and I were together we dealt with mental illness, my family disowning me, threesomes with other guys, my best friend being in love with her, me trying to kill myself and being in the psych ward... and plenty of other crap, Dropping acid together brought us back together. How do I navigate this second chance I've been given.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

I love how practical he is about this:

Girlfriend wants me to gain 15kgs

quote:

So my gf [f30] and I [m36] have been seeing each other for around 6 months but have known each other a lot longer, like 5 years. The other month I was walking around her house in just underwear and she says to me out of the blue “I think you should put on some weight” I was kind of shocked so I just paused for a second and said “ok”. She seemed to take that as a yes from me and walked off. I was slightly confused because of the way she mentioned it, but intrigued also. Later I said “so, how much weight do you think I should put on?” And her reply was “at least 15kg”. Again I was kind of shocked to hear this but she said it was because she thought I’d look great with a bit of extra “me”. She said cuddles would be better and of course that it was up to me if I wanted to. I confirmed that she wasn’t talking about lean, hard muscle mass either. Although she isn’t against some extra muscle mass I currently don’t have the schedule for it and she knows this, she’s fine with the extra weight being fat.

So. As this was a little while ago I’ve had some time to think about it and I’m thinking I’d like to gain the weight, see what it’s like and if the gf likes it and reassess.

I’d like to get the most of the gaining over and done with as quick as possible because I find it hard work. With a couple of weeks off work coming up I think it’s the perfect time to start. I’m going to AIM to up my calories by around 5000 a day and I’ve figured out what to eat to do this. This should result in around a 4.5kg/week gain.

Im “naturally” slender at 80.5kg and 6 foot tall and have a tendency to lose weight if I don’t watch what I eat. I have worked out and gained some weight in the past. I find it quite easy to lose weight if needed so don’t worry that I can’t lose it if I’m not happy afterwards.

So I guess I’m just putting this out there for comments, ideas, tips on me, gaining weight, possible clothing problems lol anything really.

TL;DR GF wants me to gain 15kg and I’m going to give it a go.

EDIT 15kg is 33lb and 80.5kg is 177lb

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Xenocides posted:

You can skip to the bolded tldr for the part I enjoyed but I posted the whole thing in case someone wants to read every detail about how LSD has fixed their relationship for realsies this time.

I [31/M] just reconnected with the love of my life [30/F] Mental Illness, Drugs, Threesomes... yet here we are. I don't want to screw things up with her again.

r/relationships: Mental Illness, Drugs, Threesomes... 

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Chomp8645 posted:

Wow I can't believe the peanut gallery reading r/relationships makes ridiculous posts acting like they know everything about a person's life after a few paragraphs.

This is the worst alliteration I've ever read

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

In this moment, you're alright dude. :glomp:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Another Bill posted:

This is the worst alliteration I've ever read

Curmudgeonly creator of curious alliterative columns cringes over cross-forums concept of copious pre-conception, crafts ill-conceived call out. Citizen "Another Bill" counts coup, criticizes cantakerous crafter with public counter-call out.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

As a waiter myself, making eye contact is the nicest possible way to get a server's attention. A wave is decent too.

As long as you're not snapping your fingers or calling out "Service!" you're probably fine.

How do servers feel about waving and shouting, "Coach! Coach!?" I get nervous when ordering and when I'm nervous I defer to authority figures by repeatedly calling them coach, just like I did when I was dual Varsity QB and Head Cheerleader back in high school.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA for buying a cane so I can sit on public transportation?

Title sounds like I'm definitely the rear end in a top hat, but I'm hoping I'm not.

To be clear, I can't stand on public transport because I have a chronic pain/fatigue illness. Standing or walking for more than 10 minutes is impossible for me without pain, and this timeframe is shorter on public transit since the movement and required balance compound this issue.

I commute via train and I always prebook a seat for these reasons. 60ish percent of the time, someone is sitting in my seat when I get on. Usually it's fine when I ask them to move, but sometimes people make a fuss and it's stressful because I don't feel like I should have to tell the whole train my medical information just because my illness is invisible.

Today there was an elderly man sitting in my seat. I asked him if he had somewhere else to sit, but he wasn't hearing/understanding me. The young woman beside him gave up her prebooked seat so that he wouldn't have to move, and I accepted, but she was visibly pissed off.

So my question is - WIBTA if I bought a cane for situations like these? I could forsee also using it in some situations where I have to walk a lot, but honestly I don't feel like I need it. I would be using it as a visual indicator that I need to sit.

Judge me, Reddit.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

garçon means boy

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

cumshitter posted:

How do servers feel about waving and shouting, "Coach! Coach!?" I get nervous when ordering and when I'm nervous I defer to authority figures by repeatedly calling them coach, just like I did when I was dual Varsity QB and Head Cheerleader back in high school.

checks out

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA for buying a cane so I can sit on public transportation?

This started off so similar to the lazy guy who wanted a cane for the same reason, minus actually having medical issues. I always enjoy stories that turn out way different than what you’re expecting.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Dazerbeams posted:

This started off so similar to the lazy guy who wanted a cane for the same reason, minus actually having medical issues. I always enjoy stories that turn out way different than what you’re expecting.

I have a sword that you can pull the grip out to unsheath a cane.

The ladies love it.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

"my paycheck is docked for child support because the courts are misogynistic"

I'm a woman, so it's actually "the government is undermining sex education and working to prevent me having access to birth control or abortions, and society is set up to depersonalise me and destroy my independent life in favour of a child I do not ever want to have, and that is, in fact, deeply misogynistic", but thanks for the really lovely attempt at a hot take.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

HazCat posted:

really lovely attempt at a hot take.

I see you haven't met QuarkJets before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

There used to be a bad post here that I now regret.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 7, 2020