Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Policenaut posted:

Hey have you ever wanted to play Animal Crossing but on PC? Well uhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS8OlpSNM1k

I guess it's a thing now? This is pretty shameless (but not gonna lie some of these features look neat).

I don't like how much bigger the animals are to you, but it's always nice to have something similar pop up since the other ones(Magician's Quest, that Disney one) are dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They’re all dead now, OP. You killed them with neglect
As someone who literally just booted up an Animal Crossing GC file two weeks back and had the villagers say I hadn't been around in 140 months, they sure as hell didn't die of neglect unless those extra few years matter :v:

(my fiancee wanted to see the town I made as a young lad)

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So I tried out Pocket Camp for the first time yesterday, figuring it can't be all that bad right?

It's goddamn awful. I'm really tempted to charge up my 3DS for the first time in years and get back into New Leaf a bit before the new game launches. Gonna be so many weeds. :ohdear:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The Gamecube version is still my favourite. Paid off THREE houses, filled out the museum, got every kind of fruit, got every NES game, every KK Slider song, every gyroid. I've never felt so accomplished in a game since. Sorry I haven't visited in like... 15 years, Mooville.

yeah, i vastly prefer its acre-based camera system to the rolling world thing subsequent versions have done, i like the villagers' personalities more, it's still the game with the largest town size and most villagers in your village at once. and also, the soundtrack is far and away the best in the series, which given the kind of game animal crossing is, that's a really important factor.

i still play my village i've had since 2003. second one i made, the first i made before the game came out since you could rent it from blockbuster 2 weeks before launch, and i used the first town as a learning experience and then created the second town on the memory card that came with the game. 3 level, all houses paid off, all fish and bugs caught on all 4 characters, and i'm about 90% done filling out the catalog on my main character. i played it daily for 5 months straight last year.

i fuckin love animal crossing. i hope new horizins is awesome.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Shneak posted:

The DLC for this game is the option for your villagers to harass you.

So a bernie bro DLC experience.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
topical!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bernie bro dlc would involve tom nook going to jail and everyone getting everything for free so if reggie is listening i would buy bernie bro dlc thank you

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

can we please not bring the 2016 primary into this thread thanks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

indigi posted:

can we please not bring the 2016 primary into this thread thanks

Absolutely. No 2016 primary chat. That's a very sensible rule.

Now, I was wondering, if Amy Klobuchar was a villager what animal would she be?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gripweed posted:

"Klob" makes me think of Donkey Kong, so a lady gorilla

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

klob makes me think of the klobb from goldeneye so a gun villager

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gripweed posted:

amy klobuchar is phyllis

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdEWp7iMIeQ

I'm KK's human fingers

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Hey have you ever wanted to play Animal Crossing but on PC? Well uhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS8OlpSNM1k

I guess it's a thing now? This is pretty shameless (but not gonna lie some of these features look neat).

I was just wondering the other day why there isn't an Animal Crossing clone on any other platform, and here we are. Going to wishlist this, but since it's being developed by literally one person, I am going to wait until it's fully finished before buying.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yeah, i vastly prefer its acre-based camera system to the rolling world thing subsequent versions have done, i like the villagers' personalities more, it's still the game with the largest town size and most villagers in your village at once. and also, the soundtrack is far and away the best in the series, which given the kind of game animal crossing is, that's a really important factor.

Whoa, I knew New Leaf was smaller being on the 3DS but I didn't know the GCN version was the biggest. I never played City Folk so I just assumed it was bigger. Was City Folk just a souped up Wild World port or something?

Agreed on the latter tho, I can't loving wait to dig into New Horizons.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Whoa, I knew New Leaf was smaller being on the 3DS but I didn't know the GCN version was the biggest. I never played City Folk so I just assumed it was bigger. Was City Folk just a souped up Wild World port or something?

Agreed on the latter tho, I can't loving wait to dig into New Horizons.

animal crossing was 30 acres, compared with city folk's 25. new leaf is 20.

calling city folk a souped-up wild world isn't totally inaccurate, i mean it even shares the exact same soundtrack. but, it did enough to differentiate itself i guess. either way i think both it and wild world were vastly inferior to the original and new leaf, i really could not get into wild world at all and i couldn't really stick with city folk much either.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

lovely Folk

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i still play my village i've had since 2003. second one i made, the first i made before the game came out since you could rent it from blockbuster 2 weeks before launch, and i used the first town as a learning experience and then created the second town on the memory card that came with the game. 3 level, all houses paid off, all fish and bugs caught on all 4 characters, and i'm about 90% done filling out the catalog on my main character. i played it daily for 5 months straight last year.

Agreed on all accounts. Every time I'm out in the rain in the real world, that lovely rain music starts playing in my head. Ah...

also: mad respect. you're the mayor of the thread

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

wild world owns and has the best music

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shneak posted:

The DLC for this game is the option for your villagers to harass you.

Findom DLC goes mainstream

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Goons. Tragedy has struck. My brain has been amped about the impending release! Only like 3 weeks! Yeah!

..... My brain dropped the zero and I've had a March 2nd release date in my head for a while now.

I'm just gonna go be sad over in this corner now.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

You're even wrong on the month. It's still April 20.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

PeePot posted:

You're even wrong on the month. It's still April 20.

Wait what? All the googling said March 20!

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Delayed cuz of Coronavirus...

I kid, I kid. The countdown on my phones homescreen says 37 days 13 Hours 42 Minutes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saxophone posted:

Goons. Tragedy has struck. My brain has been amped about the impending release! Only like 3 weeks! Yeah!

..... My brain dropped the zero and I've had a March 2nd release date in my head for a while now.

I'm just gonna go be sad over in this corner now.

March 3rd is the release of GranBlue Fantasy Versus, I am going to be picking up that game and that'll hold me over until Animal Crossing.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I secured myself an Animal Crossing Switch Edition thru a friend who was gonna scalp it so all is right with the world

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Looking back, the gamecube music still is the best.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Even though my birthday is the 6th I'm really tempted to take the 20th off instead for ACNH release.

I do know it's all my partner and I are gonna do that weekend. :neckbeard:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
should i buy this game

fereldish
Jun 25, 2012
I haven't seen this posted itt yet - it's almost 30m of gameplay from a treehouse live some time last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEh3MPy4GAU

It shows some coop gameplay for the folks who were asking how it works.

e: coop starts around 14:52

fereldish fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 11, 2020

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Used my last Nintendo Voucher for this, now I wait.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

track day bro! posted:

should i buy this game
yes

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

track day bro! posted:

should i buy this game

buy it for me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1226199187693371393

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

At the moment the App only means it will use the parental controls.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The app will support voice chat for Animal Crossing multiplayer, but a modulator changes your speech into rapid, unintelligible babbling

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I know that’s what it means but it would be :krad: if they took a page from Splatoon 2 and made some kind of Nook Phone app. Live Stalk Market prices, app based online store, calendar to see in game events and visits setup for villager visits etc.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

enojy posted:

The app will support voice chat for Animal Crossing multiplayer, but a modulator changes your speech into rapid, unintelligible babbling

This would unironically rule.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

This video talks about some of the possible phone app uses. I was wondering how qr code patterns were going to work with no camera on the Switch, your phone has one! So it will probably be a catalog on the phone, like Splatoons, but with official and user created designs. Maybe we can preview the outfits on our Villager in the app.

Maybe GPS on the phone will allow location bonuses, like the 7-11 ones in Japan? I think that's how the Pokemon Pass app works. Pain in the rear end for some people I'm sure, but I'm kind of hyped for all the weird interactive poo poo they could do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2MbO2DWCMg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I want this as DLC, I'll pay through the loving nose for it.

https://twitter.com/Kosmic_Kitty_/status/1226987740199346177