Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I think we’re getting a Vox Machina v M9 battle royale because of the Kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

hollylolly posted:

Did you see the long look Caleb gave Jester last episode? I think he’s falling for her, too.

This is going to end as a poly-cule thing with Jester as the one in charge and I am terrified.

Also I do like how jester has become the closest thing this show has to a protagonist.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Josef bugman posted:

This is going to end as a poly-cule thing

Turns out the Dodecahedron was them all along.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

hollylolly posted:

Did you see the long look Caleb gave Jester last episode? I think he’s falling for her, too.

I could have misread it but Liam is like the master of RPing while everyone else is jabbering, and it was definitely a Look of import. What it ultimately means, who knows.

The whole top table is in love with Jester

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This feels like the natural outgrowth of Laura being the first one to actually start, well, role-playing in the original game. Just started talking in-character to a merchant, I think. (Probably to ruthlessly haggle.)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

This feels like the natural outgrowth of Laura being the first one to actually start, well, role-playing in the original game. Just started talking in-character to a merchant, I think. (Probably to ruthlessly haggle.)

It was haggling. If I remember right, she wasn't even planning on doing it either, the voice just kind of came out naturally when she started talking.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

My favorite part about going to Hot Topic to find their Critical Role sweatshirt was the cashier asking me if I could please explain what Critical Role was because a lot of people were calling and asking if they have the merch (they did) but no one who worked there had any idea what it was. :lol:

Buy 1 get 1 free on their sweatshirts btw, at least it was on Sunday. :ssh:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The whole top table is in love with Jester

Beau told her last episode that everyone was in love with her as a way to get around saying "I love you" (or at least, am attracted to you) but she was still inside the zone of truth, so as far as she is concerned everyone has a bit of a thing for Jester.

hollylolly posted:

My favorite part about going to Hot Topic to find their Critical Role sweatshirt was the cashier asking me if I could please explain what Critical Role was because a lot of people were calling and asking if they have the merch (they did) but no one who worked there had any idea what it was. :lol:

Have none of them ever heard of Google? "I don't know what this thing is" really shouldn't be any kind of impediment to finding out nowadays.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

tsob posted:

Beau told her last episode that everyone was in love with her as a way to get around saying "I love you" (or at least, am attracted to you) but she was still inside the zone of truth, so as far as she is concerned everyone has a bit of a thing for Jester.

Have none of them ever heard of Google? "I don't know what this thing is" really shouldn't be any kind of impediment to finding out nowadays.

She was the one not affected by it. Caleb and fjord were and they started to squirm until Beau saved the day.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Huh, I thought she was prey to it at the time too. Never mind, then.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

tsob posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of the brands Hot Topic sells its employees never pay much attention to just because there's, well, a lot.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Sure, I can understand why someone wouldn't look up or want to know about every brand they sell because you're just not going to care after a certain point, but if you're so curious you're asking random people what a thing is then you'd imagine that you'd be curious enough to do a Google search on your phone at some point while you're bored and there's no customers around or something.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

tsob posted:

Sure, I can understand why someone wouldn't look up or want to know about every brand they sell because you're just not going to care after a certain point, but if you're so curious you're asking random people what a thing is then you'd imagine that you'd be curious enough to do a Google search on your phone at some point while you're bored and there's no customers around or something.

Maybe they only thought about it when someone was actively asking them, but were at work so couldn't look it up. :shrug:

Regarding Jester's aura of intense likability: Laura is definitely going to be using Zone of Truth more to find out who has crushes on Jester.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

hollylolly posted:

Buy 1 get 1 free on their sweatshirts btw, at least it was on Sunday. :ssh:

My inner hipster is crying over the thought of Hot Topic carrying Critical Role merchandise.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

hollylolly posted:

Regarding Jester's aura of intense likability: Laura is definitely going to be using Zone of Truth more to find out who has crushes on Jester.

I absolutely hope she stops in the middle of some random drama a few sessions down the line when everyone is kind of standing around awkwardly and wondering what to do, then casts zone of truth purely to find out who has a crush on her. I can imagine her doing it in the middle of the Empire/Xorhas negotiations, when both sides are on the verge of killing each other but neither is willing to be the first to break the peace.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

tsob posted:

I absolutely hope she stops in the middle of some random drama a few sessions down the line when everyone is kind of standing around awkwardly and wondering what to do, then casts zone of truth purely to find out who has a crush on her. I can imagine her doing it in the middle of the Empire/Xorhas negotiations, when both sides are on the verge of killing each other but neither is willing to be the first to break the peace.

WotC has you covered:
https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/355014-lavorres-zone-of-truth-or-dare

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

tsob posted:

There can be a distinct difference between asking a fan of something what that thing is vs googling it. This person may have just wanted a perspective on this thing that everyone’s so crazy for, rather than dry “what is thing” information.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1228001047341191168?s=20

For anyone else who was curious, but doesn't have access to a Hot Topic.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Nemo2342 posted:

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1228001047341191168?s=20

For anyone else who was curious, but doesn't have access to a Hot Topic.

I wonder if this means we’ll eventually get some “boutique design” t-shirts that cost 50% more at Box Lunch.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hey it's the first time I'll get to see a show live.

Too bad I'm US central so they start at like 9 PM

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hey it's the first time I'll get to see a show live.

Too bad I'm US central so they start at like 9 PM

The show starts at midnight for me.

I still watch the first half live because I don't make the best decisions in life.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

TotalHell posted:

I’m waaay overthinking it, it’s just the triangulation of having a “god” that’s actually an archfey, the archfey being a standard warlock patron type, and Laura wanting to make a warlock initially.

She actually mentioned this on Talks! It wasn't so much that she wanted to dual class, but the idea was because she was looking an Archfey warlock, and then asked Matt if she could flavor an Archfey as her cleric god.

She also wanted to have the Pact of the Tome, which is where the idea of her sketchbook came from. She was pretty quickly convinced Matt had changed the idea of the Traveler being Artagan and thought it was going to be something else by the time of the reveal. :v:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Honestly I think I like the Cleric flavored one more.

The idea of Gods being created and empowered by those who have faith in them. And as such Jester literally creating a god on this side of the gate is a much more interesting plot than the normal warlock one.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

She actually mentioned this on Talks! It wasn't so much that she wanted to dual class, but the idea was because she was looking an Archfey warlock, and then asked Matt if she could flavor an Archfey as her cleric god.

She also wanted to have the Pact of the Tome, which is where the idea of her sketchbook came from. She was pretty quickly convinced Matt had changed the idea of the Traveler being Artagan and thought it was going to be something else by the time of the reveal. :v:

lol yeah I saw that and was like “I was...almost right!” But yeah this whole twist on the cleric so there’s a kind of warlock flavoring to it is very cool, I’m excited to see where it goes

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MORE NORD VPN

AND WHERE IS ASHLEY???

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Taliesin's look of "well, this is my life now."

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
This is magical and I'm here for it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I can't see no depth perception

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Do they have a guest star this evening? Cause it seems like there's no reason for him to stop by.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
oh my god. With Lillard this is literally Hackers 2.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I just want to die now. Please end me.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Jesus Christ...

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
was that matthew lillard

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

Gnome de plume posted:

was that matthew lillard

No clearly it was CerealKiller, infamous hacker.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

jester knowingly helping the traveler con the world is excellent character progression

but no theatre

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Watching us change from a cult to an organized religion is quite the ride.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Dick-rune doors should be a running theme

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I go up and I touch him :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the traveler is now the best npc