Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

hockey jockey posted:

Those dogs should have some dignity, like my dog!

That dog needs to eat a burger!

edit: shameful longdog snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Sup

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sing Along posted:

hi its me the idiot coming in here to defend dog breeding. we've bred purebreed Weimaraners as a family for over 400 years. we've done it since before we came to america and my great great grandfather brought a litter over hidden in his coat and fed them with bottled milk and scraps of beef as he made it across the ocean. this is who we are. our dogs are consistently bred with the necessary genetic variation, raised from birth to be well socialized, and utterly fantastic. now you may want to knock the fact that dog breeding was what enabled my ancestors to go from farming to running their own kennels but it's part of the american dream and the westminster dog show reminds us all of the immigrant potential that this show embodies.

Wait, did he breed that one litter with each other or with other weimaraners in America? If there were already other dogs in America, why bother bringing them over? Did the American dogs have purebreed paperwork (jfc that phrase). Please tell me they’re at least bred for specific job and not bc they’re pretty.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
I watched the show and the golden retriever was just about the prettiest dog I've ever seen and I say that as a pyr owner (the prettiest breed). The GR was robbed imo

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-
high end dog breeders just like owning something that's more inbred than them lmao

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

Poodles are garbage dogs.

ANUSTART posted:

poodles dumb

WRONG! Poodles are the best nicest dogs ever. you should be angry at the abusive owners that poof them up like that, not the noble poodle :colbert:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

the real winner

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Words fail me to adequately convey the amount of joy that fills me knowing [DOGNAME] has won this year's [EVENT]. Congratulations to the proud owner and best of luck to all other participants for next year's [EVENT]!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
hey! breeder! leave them dogs alone

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Hammerite posted:

hey! breeder! leave them dogs alone

All in all you're just another
pee on the wall.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Whoria Discordia posted:

high end dog breeders just like owning something that's more inbred than them lmao

:hmmyes:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Sing Along posted:

the westminster dog show reminds us all of the immigrant potential that this show embodies.

while a good breeder will screen for general and breed specific deformities, for example the 'show breed standard' for a german shepherd calls for a very sloped back which causes all kind of hosed up joint problems

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

hockey jockey posted:

All in all you're just another
pee on the wall.

The thread demands more pics of your rad dog.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbu9r2ioBMc

boss makes a dollar i make a dime
that's why i pet my dog on company time

Mozi fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 12, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

All these folks saying that poodle sucks, just one question....have you won a Westminster Dog Show?
:thunk:

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Here's my best in show. She's a big ol girl and I love her tons. She refused to wear her hat because she's willful and I'm more like a roommate than an owner/master in her mind.
Anyway she's way better than that monster poodle.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Here's my noble and majestic whippet:

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
The poodle looks weird but one of the finalists was an extremely good-looking golden retriever named Daniel:

Also here is my wonderful dog

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

all dogs are good, even the one in the op with the dumb haircut.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

smug n stuff posted:

The poodle looks weird but one of the finalists was an extremely good-looking golden retriever named Daniel:

:swoon:

edit:
Look at this cretin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q698Fj8zinM&t=9s

a very large fish fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 12, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Tbh I fail to understand how a Samoyed doesn't just win every year??

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The thread demands more pics of your rad dog.

We'd only had him a few days and he was still iffy on the concept of beds and skinny as heck. This was in July.

A month later- you can still see the areas where he was shaved for a heart scan and where he had lost fur on his hindquarters from stress and poor bedding.

Five minutes ago, a bit miffed because when I got him to stand up he thought he was getting dinner early.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

smug n stuff posted:

Daniel is loving majestic. The crowd went apeshit over him.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
My guy got third place

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
all dogs are good even that weird lookin poodle.

standard poodles are very good dogs and you don't actually have to blow out their hair and cut it in stupid ways, it turns out

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Granted, not a dog but I will never not laugh at this image.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh are we doing dog pics

cleo follows me around and sleeps under my chair while I work and comes when I call her so shes basically a vegan dog

shes right under me as we speak being adorable

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

"Oh this dog is too small"
"Oh this dog is too ugly"
"Oh this dog isn't manly"
"Oh this dog isn't cool"

You fool, you fuckibg execrable turd entity, you fuckfart, it's not a porcelain doll in a cabinet, it's not your loving over compensating gun collection, it's not your collection of anal beads and didgeridoos, it's not some bullshit for you to show off with and it's not something to use as a projection of your identity and how you want others to perceive you.

It's a damned living thing. Give it home, adopt from a shelter, learn to love it no matter the dumbass breed.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHH *crouches down* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *hair begins to stick up* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *large yellow energy waves begin radiating out* AAAAAAAAAAAA *hair turns blonde in an instant* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *muscles and veins bulge out* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DONT loving TREAT ANIMALS LIKE OBJECTS

:hmmyes:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah poodles have this cultural baggage of weird looking, stuck up dogs for high-society types when really that's just a dumb haircut they're given. They're actually smart and lovable.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

ANUSTART posted:

whippet good

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mordja posted:

Yeah poodles have this cultural baggage of weird looking, stuck up dogs for high-society types when really that's just a dumb haircut they're given. They're actually smart and lovable.

poodles are the dogs that goths brought with them when they took over europe

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

It makes me really sad when we get a dog at the shelter who breathes like a faulty generator turning over

Even if you want a purebred, adopt! We get beautiful purebred strays and surrenders all the time. Was just training an American Eskimo that could have won this show if she wasn't such an obstinate little rebel about EVERYTHING

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Caught him when he was tired after playing fetch which is the only time he isn't just a brownish blur in pictures.

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler

TheAardvark posted:

...i'm going to smooch em on the lips and then gently caress them in the rear end...

I love dog breeding.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

smug n stuff posted:

Daniel is a legit handsome dog.

There was also was a cool-rear end Sheltie named Conrad:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Decades of hating on dog breeders is why every other dog in USA is a pitbull mix now

I'm not sure if that was the lesser of two evils

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

r u ready to WALK posted:

Decades of hating on dog breeders is why every other dog in USA is a pitbull mix now

I'm not sure if that was the lesser of two evils

somehow this sounds racist....

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I think a useful distinction can be made between wack purebred dogs with papers people get as pets and working type breeds that are basically landraces. I think it's good people breed pure border collies but not if they are registered with a kennel club basically.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Alien Sex Manual posted:

Granted, not a dog but I will never not laugh at this image.

wanna pet brimley the cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

love when pets have people names