Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i wish uav and counter uav were on different tiers

yes agreed 100% absolutely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Frog Act posted:

and the other half are “gently caress it let’s put some more buildings here or whatever”

This reminds me of the in-game callouts that say something like “They’re by the destroyed building!” They are all destroyed buildings!

I do get a chuckle from it on Shipment, though. “They’re by the containers! :pseudo:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

"They're over there" would be the best callout, sad they did not do it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Welcome back, a playlist that means I can play nothing but shipment to grind, my old friend :allears:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Welcome back, a playlist that means I can play nothing but shipment to grind, my old friend :allears:

sometimes you have to back out when rust is up but yeah

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Another loving week of you guys complain about shipment starts now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Actually Shipment is real good

(Compared to Rust)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
well the guys who like rust and the guys who like shipment shouldn't have any complaints. the shoothouse guys, well im sorry for them

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Snazzy Frocks posted:

well the guys who like rust and the guys who like shipment shouldn't have any complaints. the shoothouse guys, well im sorry for them

Bring back Shoot the Ship, god dammit!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

we're slowly leaving the game anyways.

doesn't matter how fun the engine is, how enjoyable the guns are, how good it feels to go on a streak.

my options are either: spawnkill-a-thon or a totally camped out game, no middleground, and neither of those are fun

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
theres a regular quickplay list, you know

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

theres a regular quickplay list, you know

Yeah, with every map full of dudes effectively sitting in corners, camping longshot lanes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When you think about the importance of the standard shipping container to the world as a whole, you realize Shipment is actually a very important map that tells us more about the way we live our lives.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
So I am stuck in a update restart loop for the PS4 patch that just rolled out. Tried to play offline mode and it says my data is corrupt. Does that mean I need to delete everything and redownload?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

jase1 posted:

So I am stuck in a update restart loop for the PS4 patch that just rolled out. Tried to play offline mode and it says my data is corrupt. Does that mean I need to delete everything and redownload?

What’s your hard drive space situation? Maybe it doesn’t have enough room to manipulate what it has to manipulate.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I have about 150 gigs free.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I dunno what video game you people are playing where everyone is a four-headed victorian gargoyle statue sitting stock-still in a corner with a 360 degree view of all possible angles you could approach from, my advice is try flanking.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My favorite part of Shipment is the announcer/character going "Enemy at the shipping containers". Thanks guy, real helpful.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CJacobs posted:

I dunno what video game you people are playing where everyone is a four-headed victorian gargoyle statue sitting stock-still in a corner with a 360 degree view of all possible angles you could approach from, my advice is try flanking.

right cuz it's way more fun attempting a long flank only for the enemy team to spawn behind you as you attempt to move towards their positions

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That doesn't seem to happen much from my experience. It looks like what happens is, the game picks a spot it has deemed 'safe' and spawns players in that general area until the opposite team pushes toward it. Then the 'safe' spot moves away from the push, not past it, unless they are at a dead-end corner of the map (the flower shop on Petrograd, the destroyed building on Azhir, the far corner with the lobby on Piccadilly). If that happens you can just... yknow, turn around, because now your spawns will be at the dead-end.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003
Has anyone been triple killed in a "play of the game"? I commonly see myself killed twice, but never three times.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Arae posted:

Has anyone been triple killed in a "play of the game"? I commonly see myself killed twice, but never three times.

i know i have

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Arae posted:

Yes.

I've also triple-killed myself on my own molotov/thermite before.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

I've also triple-killed myself on my own molotov/thermite before.

It's why Shipment owns now.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

CJacobs posted:

That doesn't seem to happen much from my experience. It looks like what happens is, the game picks a spot it has deemed 'safe' and spawns players in that general area until the opposite team pushes toward it. Then the 'safe' spot moves away from the push, not past it, unless they are at a dead-end corner of the map (the flower shop on Petrograd, the destroyed building on Azhir, the far corner with the lobby on Piccadilly). If that happens you can just... yknow, turn around, because now your spawns will be at the dead-end.

There are 3 'tiers' of spawns on each half of the map. The spawns don't really push back like you are describing, they just 'are'. If one team pushes too close to the spawns, it flips which team is spawning on what half. The main reason the reason why so many of the maps in this game are so bad is because so many of the maps have chokepoints well outside the invisible line the game uses to determine spawn flips. So spawns like Ramaza A spawn or Aniya Palace E-side uncap, or Grazna raid C side are absolutely miserable against a team that is smart enough to hold 2 points and then just hang back and control the choke points.

Ramaza A & Aniya E are the grossest offenders because they have, literally, 3 small chokepoints that exit their spawn and they are all able to be covered from high ground with hard cover. It is insane that someone who designs video game maps for a living looked at that layout and said "this is good, ship it."

elfelfbaby
May 29, 2006

Where can I find Goons to play this with? Discord in the OP is kinda dead for playing.

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

Shoothouse is the absolute best map in the game, it should always be in a "featured" playlist. I don't mind Shipment and Rust alternating out, just give me Shoothouse back

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dont think I have ever started on the C-side of that dumb-rear end bridge map and won the game. i refuse to believe its possible.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Yea dumbasses! Instead of taking “the middle route” why don’t you flank on one of the other paths through the map, such as “the only left route” or “the only right route”. Surely no team could watch THREE paths at once!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So start throwing stun grenades around the corners you keep getting hit at.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Who is running the PS4 Regiment? I need an invite.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Beastie posted:

So start throwing stun grenades around the corners you keep getting hit at.

Or snapshot grenades, they're fun too

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Laserface posted:

I dont think I have ever started on the C-side of that dumb-rear end bridge map and won the game. i refuse to believe its possible.

If you get people who understand the importance of rushing the bridge at the start then it can happen, and actually makes a hard fought victory more rewarding if you've won it through rebuffing their attempts to take it back

Generally they're not expecting to have to fight for it if they spawn at A and resort to the usual base sniping which usually ensures an easy win if you hold the bridge

Unless your team are profoundly stupid and push too hard into A and make the spawns flip leading to you getting bumrushed

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

soggybagel posted:

I still like knowing it. This wouldn’t fix it but if they over emphasized objective scoring to the point where you’re earning way more XP I think it would at least make people who do objectives fee better. I thankfully have enough friends that play that I can do objective maps with a full squad now.

You can actually count your own deaths if you want

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

tired: deaths are bad

wired: got my ammo back

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X13Fen posted:

Or snapshot grenades, they're fun too

RPGing the floor works too.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Flooger posted:

Shoothouse is the absolute best map in the game, it should always be in a "featured" playlist. I don't mind Shipment and Rust alternating out, just give me Shoothouse back

I had a really nice rhythm going with the game where I'd hop into quickplay for a few games and learn some of the maps, then if that got a bit boring I'd go play a few games on Shoothouse. Without having that Shoothouse option I'm having a hard time fully getting into the game because I just don't particularly like a lot of the maps so if I have a bad run of them on quickplay it kills my desire to keep playing.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Always rush the bridge at either spawn point. I run with a pistol/knife secondary to run faster. Use nades/c4 to clear out the flag if you see it capping. I like to wrap around the bus on the first cap attempt. Just be ready to shoot.

Use smokes to cover your path to the stairs if you fail on the first attempt. Ladders always an option, I usually take the stairs though.

Retaking it is one of the funnest parts of the bridge. Learn to use and switch out multiple loadouts depending on the situation.

Bridge map owns

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ZHamburglar posted:

Who is running the PS4 Regiment? I need an invite.

I think Macys is the person in charge of the PS4 groups. If not the majority of my friends list is PS4 cod goons.

Edit: it turns out I have no idea what regiments are lmao.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You can be part of up to 10 regiments, I believe. Each one can set their own happy hour where you get double XP if you’re playing with someone in the same regiment.