Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I run both Yegor and D-Day lmao. I hate the people who run the dude with the lampshade covering his head.

e: seriously how could you NOT run yegor he's the most slav looking dude of all time a full tracksuit? that owns

jerman999 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

jerman999 posted:

I run both Yegor and D-Day lmao. I hate the people who run the dude with the lampshade covering his head.

e: seriously how could you NOT run yegor he's the most slav looking dude of all time a full tracksuit? that owns

Because Parka Zane owns?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I run Otter and Krueger. I suppose I just like netting.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Please just include real customization next time instead of this lame operator poo poo with no powers. Seeing 20 ghosts running around is lame as gently caress

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The spanish chick rules because she calls people loving pigs when they shoot at her

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I run Otter and Krueger. I suppose I just like netting.
Also known as the "get TKed in hardcore" power duo :v:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Killing Nikto’s is the most satisfying.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Australia MW is a land of unwashed neckbeards who all run Ghost/Mesh face in some vain attempt to appear badass when in fact they are just outing themselves as extremely dweeby baby boy manchildren.

if there is one thing gamers love it is avatars that disguise the face (because they are self conscious about their own ugly face)

Yegor and D-Day all day.

point blank no scope headshots with the deagle is satisfying as gently caress.

question:
what Field kit do you people use? I use dead silence and stopping power but I feel like stopping power isnt powerful enough but nothing else really jumps out as something that fits into my play style.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Laserface posted:

Australia MW is a land of unwashed neckbeards who all run Ghost/Mesh face in some vain attempt to appear badass when in fact they are just outing themselves as extremely dweeby baby boy manchildren.

if there is one thing gamers love it is avatars that disguise the face (because they are self conscious about their own ugly face)

Yegor and D-Day all day.

point blank no scope headshots with the deagle is satisfying as gently caress.

question:
what Field kit do you people use? I use dead silence and stopping power but I feel like stopping power isnt powerful enough but nothing else really jumps out as something that fits into my play style.

I find tac insert fun sometimes but honestly dead silence is so much better than all the others it is a problem

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The amount of thought you all put into character models is unsettling. I don’t think they have crossed my mind for one second playing this game.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

RCarr posted:

The amount of thought you all put into character models is unsettling. I don’t think they have crossed my mind for one second playing this game.

Ehh some char models blend into certain maps really well so give a distinct advantage; I don't play those characters, I play trashman.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

I find tac insert fun sometimes but honestly dead silence is so much better than all the others it is a problem

Dead silence is fine in how it functions but holy gently caress you can pop like 10 times in a bad game.

if all of the field kits had the same cooldown timer it might make it more valuable to run something besides DS.

i really dont see much merit it even having two field kits equipped.

Stopping power needs to be way more powerful than it is to justify the cooldown

ammo box should be 2 lethal nade re-up

drone shouldnt leave your avatar just standing around with a thumb up his rear end

trophy needs to last longer

I havent really used the others.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Yeetgor all fuckin day buddy, I only run the pink/maroon jacket.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Live At Five! posted:

Yeetgor all fuckin day buddy, I only run the pink/maroon jacket.

Yegor with pink jacket is my other guy, for some reason it makes me so mad when I am killed by him, his loving face just pisses me off, so I assume someone else feels the same and therefor use him.

Everyone else is kind of generic so trashman/yegor for lyfe.

I used to hate st. petrograd and azhir cave, now I like them and dislike raid and hackney.

I also like piccadilly, so might have brainworms, sight lines in it are fun.

*edit* pretty sure dead silence stops the security things in shops from beeping when you go through...

pps was wondering what the " 3 3 " thing was, apparently it's a bug, but that lead me to find possibly the worst ... streamer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Ofe5dldic

MF_James fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 21, 2020

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
God drat, Shipment with RPGs and the R9-0:

Totally viable. :c00lbert:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I mix up between Charly/Domino/Wyatt/Alice and Yegor/Syd/Rodion...

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Realizing how awesome the kar98 is, I dropped the scope and am playing it with iron sights, OG COD ftw

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Stopping power is good with burst guns, I’ve found it cuts down on how many people survive a burst that wasn’t perfect pretty substantially.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Stopping power is good with burst guns, I’ve found it cuts down on how many people survive a burst that wasn’t perfect pretty substantially.

It substantially boosts recoil (something like 30-50% depending on the gun) which results in your third and sometimes second shot in a burst not actually hitting a lot of the time. :rip:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lemon-Lime posted:

It substantially boosts recoil (something like 30-50% depending on the gun) which results in your third and sometimes second shot in a burst not actually hitting a lot of the time. :rip:

I think I usually aim too low with burst guns so that might actually be what’s helping me more than the damage increase.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I wish the rust/shipment 24/7 meant that youd actually get to play shipment. Everytime I play, it just ends up being Rust. Shipment happens maybe 1 in 10 games.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Zane forever.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rodion is one of the most boring looking characters but he has some of the coolest skins. I bought the ninja looking one cause it was only a couple bux after my cod points. I love the snow trooper one but I’m not paying $20 for it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

ZombieCrew posted:

I wish the rust/shipment 24/7 meant that youd actually get to play shipment. Everytime I play, it just ends up being Rust. Shipment happens maybe 1 in 10 games.

I haven't played gently caress all lately, enjoying relaxing hours of Stardew Valley for a change, but when I went to play last night and picked this playlist, it was like a Ford dealership, just rust after rust. I ended up quitting after like 20 mins. Was excited to try 1v1 too, but gently caress rust

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just back out if the map is rust then shop for Shipment.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Rust is so bad it does a disservice to even Shipment being linked to it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
One thing I've learned to do with quickplay is to leave and find a new lobby after we hit one of my 2 or 3 favorite maps, because it's easier to get lucky and get them quickly in a new lobby than it is to wait for one of them to come around again.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Looks like they fixed whatever glitch it was that would give you credit for finishing moves when you didn't do them. Trying to complete this last Mara challenge requires 2 of them, so how do you actually do them? Are there any maps or gametypes that are better for them?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

MF_James posted:

Realizing how awesome the kar98 is, I dropped the scope and am playing it with iron sights, OG COD ftw

very fun with no attachments

finally golded the ak a few nights ago, how do the gently caress are people golding multiple guns

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Looks like they fixed whatever glitch it was that would give you credit for finishing moves when you didn't do them. Trying to complete this last Mara challenge requires 2 of them, so how do you actually do them? Are there any maps or gametypes that are better for them?

Get behind someone and hold F and then hope it actually works and nobody kills them/you/you both during the 10 years you do the animation.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Shima Honnou posted:

Get behind someone and hold F and then hope it actually works and nobody kills them/you/you both during the 10 years you do the animation.

Also make sure you are both on the same horizontal plane or it will cancel when your victim 'steps' to a higher/lower floor to match with your animation.

Snow man Otter has my favourite execution so I cannot swap to trashman now. Unless the executes are interchangable??!

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just back out if the map is rust then shop for Shipment.

Yeah but I've had this result in like, 10-15 minutes of lobby shopping until I get a shipment match

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Shima Honnou posted:

I think my max was 4 hitmarkers on one guy in HC when I was leveling the M13 right after the buff. I don't understand how it's so weak when every other gun that uses the exact same ammo kills in less hits.

People thought it was going to be the strongest AR in the game when in beta it killed in one less bullet in core.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Just platinumed shotguns, so much easier than golding any rifle.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

For Mara specifically, make sure you're using her chest stab Finishing Move.

It registers credit for the kill much quicker than the other one.

Of course this won't help when you get assigned the other faction but I'm sure there's quick ones there, I just don't know any offhand.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edit: Forums did that ghost post thing again.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HukHukHuk posted:

Just platinumed shotguns, so much easier than golding any rifle.

honestly shotguns are the easiest to plat simply because they don't require longshots like every other gun

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Sandwolf posted:

honestly shotguns are the easiest to plat simply because they don't require longshots like every other gun

with the abundance of long barrels on most of the guns and your ability to dial in recoil control over any other weapon characteristic you can min/max a longshot gun pretty easily, you just have to intentionally play a certain style that you may not be used to [read: camp half-walls on shoothouse]

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
man i cant wait until i've completed every challenge and mission available to me in the game so i can finally play the game the way it was intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

with the abundance of long barrels on most of the guns and your ability to dial in recoil control over any other weapon characteristic you can min/max a longshot gun pretty easily, you just have to intentionally play a certain style that you may not be used to [read: camp half-walls on shoothouse]

my issue is more with figuring out what exactly constitutes a long shot and where exactly they can be farmed (other than the half-walls on shoothouse, the office towards A on shoothouse, the junkyard looking A or A looking junkyard... on shoothouse)