Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Nemo2342 posted:

Best use of a 6th level spell.

Does anyone know what the hell it was that came out of that Planar Ally spell? Mercer obviously found it somewhere but I have no idea what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Wahad posted:

Does anyone know what the hell it was that came out of that Planar Ally spell? Mercer obviously found it somewhere but I have no idea what it is

The Quickling? Volo's Guide to Monsters.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The Quickling? Volo's Guide to Monsters.

I’m curious if anyone will remember that you have to PAY the Quickling for their service.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

TotalHell posted:

I’m curious if anyone will remember that you have to PAY the Quickling for their service.

She paid, it asked for a cupcake and she gave it one

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

TotalHell posted:

According to the spell:

"The GM can adjust these payments based on the circumstances under which you cast the spell. If the task is aligned with the creature’s ethos, the payment might be halved or even waived."

So, hard to say. Jester did give it a cupcake and promise it more when it got back, so for this little bit of RP Matt might just consider the fee as being paid.

It would be pretty crappy for him to spring a huge cost on them after the fact though. The way the spell is worded makes it sound like you're supposed to strike a bargain with the summoned creature before it renders any service.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

It would be pretty crappy for him to spring a huge cost on them after the fact though. The way the spell is worded makes it sound like you're supposed to strike a bargain with the summoned creature before it renders any service.

also he charged them for all those greater restorations, which were already like a Plot Tax they had to pay lol

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Also:given what shes asking it to do, it would be unfun to charge much for it. Deliver some cakes seems like a reasonable use of a 6th level to me

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
There were people in the Twitch chat that were extremely salty Matt didn't charge her literally 10,000gp+ for that.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

There were people in the Twitch chat that were extremely salty Matt didn't charge her literally 10,000gp+ for that.

The vocal fandom seems to be getting lovely. They are forgetting to love each other

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

dazoner posted:

The vocal fandom seems to be getting lovely. They are forgetting to love each other

The only reason to ever have chat out is to type in the giveaway word.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

dazoner posted:

Two things hit every episode like clockwork:

"Well in MY game that would end in a TPK"

"This is the day Critical Role sold out and forgot their REAL fans"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

dazoner posted:

It was very quickly that I turned off the Twitch chat, and that was back when CR started. I can't imagine it now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Half the cr twitch chat are tumblr fanartists and shippers (Good fans) and the other half are table top grognards (shameful)

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
All I know is the Wendy's episode was the funniest poo poo CR ever produced and the fact that the folks who missed out... missed out, is a drat shame.
Thanks "fans"

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

dazoner posted:

All I know is the Wendy's episode was the funniest poo poo CR ever produced and the fact that the folks who missed out... missed out, is a drat shame.
Thanks "fans"

The internet never forgets.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

hollylolly posted:

Did you see the long look Caleb gave Jester last episode? I think he’s falling for her, too.

I could have misread it but Liam is like the master of RPing while everyone else is jabbering, and it was definitely a Look of import. What it ultimately means, who knows.

In Talks tonight, Liam confirms that the long look Caleb had after talking with Yasha (a few episodes back) was because he loves Jester but doesn’t know how to deal with it or what to do about it.
:allears:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Nemo2342 posted:

The only reason to ever have chat out is to type in the giveaway word.

I very rarely watch an episode live, so chat isn't something I ever really have a chance to participate in (and generally wouldn't, even if I could), but I do find it's useful to open around the time when Sam is drinking just to see what's on the flask on the occasions that it's difficult to make out wording or the picture on it is weird. I occasionally find it fun to open chat when someone does something cool/silly too, just to see the immediate reactions. If there is anything lovely in there, it's drowned out in "holy gently caress" excited posts so fast that I don't think I've ever seen anything of note beyond grouching over technicalities.

dazoner posted:

Thanks "fans"

"How do you want to chew this?" is Sam's finest moment.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Oh wow, thanks!

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

hollylolly posted:

In Talks tonight, Liam confirms that the long look Caleb had after talking with Yasha (a few episodes back) was because he loves Jester but doesn’t know how to deal with it or what to do about it.

Having watched him carefully for ages because he’s nearly always fully in character I felt so drat validated that every time I’d seen him look at Jester and was like “Oh he loves her, right?” I wasn’t going crazy. Thank you God/s! Liam is a treasure

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

hollylolly posted:

Bring on the Super Cut.

I can't believe the final combat of this campaign will inevitably be a party battle royale for Jesters love.

Also, given the prevalence of them in recent episodes I go thinking; What happened to Little Willy?

Popo fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 26, 2020

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Popo posted:

Bring on the Super Cut.

I can't believe the final combat of this campaign will inevitably be a party battle royale for Jesters love.

Also, given the prevalence of them in recent episodes I go thinking; What happened to Little Willy?

They either forgot about him or since they couldn't heal him they left him with Yussa. Alternately, he got totally abandoned because Ashley is back and it might have made combat take too long?

I do think that now Liam/Caleb has that Amber spell he could carry him around

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm pretty sure Caleb has had that amber spell a while, and I vaguely recall him using it ages ago for something or other. Or at least, using amber for something similar anyway.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

dazoner posted:

They either forgot about him or since they couldn't heal him they left him with Yussa. Alternately, he got totally abandoned because Ashley is back and it might have made combat take too long?

yeah they left him with that archmage in nicodranus

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

In case people forgot, it starts an hour early tonight because they're doing a live show in Chicago. I'm kind of wondering what Sam will wear.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

seaborgium posted:

I'm kind of wondering what Sam will wear.
As always, I hope for very little.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I'm placing my bets on Ookatoa sending an undead Avantika to fight them on the way to the negotiations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I think this one's gonna be a shopping episode!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
My friend is there right now in the second row. I hate him so much.
Also they gave each vip member a crit role inspired tote, poster, set of metal die with cloth sack and digital download for guide to wildemount.

Guthix Curnir
Mar 21, 2011
As a heads up from on location, the theater is maybe half full at the moment. Security has been doing metal detecting everyone as they come in via wand. So there could either be a delay to the start or a lot of vamping.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

seaborgium posted:

I'm kind of wondering what Sam will wear.
Something tasteful and understated, I'm sure.

Guthix Curnir
Mar 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1233209030170025986

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

drat they might start at the normal time

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hulk Smash! posted:

Something tasteful and understated, I'm sure.

One day he'll just show up completely naked.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

chitoryu12 posted:

One day he'll just show up completely naked.

On that day I will upgrade my subscription from twitch prime to Tier 3.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Seeing things on reddit makes me think the venue hosed this one up but good.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Lucas Archer posted:

Seeing things on reddit makes me think the venue hosed this one up but good.

They did. I waited in line for about an hour and 10ish minutes and I wasn't even at the back of the line. Finally seated at 8:30.

Edit: I called the theater to buy tickets because the site was not working, and you could hear the thousand yard stare in the voice of the person who got me seated.

And they also mailed me someone else's tickets in the same envelope as my own.

Mirotic fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 28, 2020

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Every time the art roll restarts I feel trolled.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Mirotic posted:

And they also mailed me someone else's tickets in the same envelope as my own.

Heeeeelll yeah, that's always a good sign.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1233225002297720833?s=21

https://twitter.com/laurabaileyvo/status/1233224193405325313?s=21

https://twitter.com/voiceofobrien/status/1233223218741284865?s=21

https://twitter.com/executivegoth/status/1233224433550209026?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

drat, we all got pranked.