Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Do you have your API limits set up right on the indexers in hydra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

derk posted:

yea, transcoding 4k files is going to choke just about anything. don't offer the 4K movies to non 4K devices that can direct play them. Like i have a separate library for 4K movies, and only certain users have access to that library that i have set up their clients to play those files directly so it does NOT transcode them.

Hmm, interesting idea. Will it also choke modern processors as well, even with Plex hardware transcoding?

Seems like a pain to split things into separate libraries manually, unless that can be automated somehow? Like if a movie is 4K, put it in my movies_4k folder instead?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I think a modern GPU should be able to handle 4k transcodes. I've got a Quadro P2000 in my Unraid box, and haven't run into any issues serving up 3-4 concurrent 4k hevc streams at 720p and 1080p.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I have the standard SABnzbd/Sonarr/Radarr setup going in Windows (same PC as my Plex server), but I'm having issues with like 25% of my downloads not being sorted into the correct folder. They end up on my destination drive as the standard Title.Resolution.Quality.ReleaseGroup name instead of being renamed into Show (Year)\Season folders. I assume this has something to do with something locking the folder open. Any ideas on what would be causing this?

In my Plex server settings, I have "scan my library automatically" (when changes are detected to library folders) and "run a partial scan when changes are detected" (when changes to library folders are detected, only scan the folder that changed). The "scan my library periodically" option is unchecked. Is there any reason to keep the first 2 both checked, or should I just use one of them? Could this scan lock the download folders so they can't be renamed and sorted properly?

Jesse Iceberg
Jan 7, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

This here string:
- --certificatesresolvers.leresolver.acme.dnsChallenge=true

Tells Traefik and LetEncrypt how to validate that you actually own the Domain that you are added certs for. I use the Godaddy API to allow Traefik to login and check to verify I own it. You can also use a different check called "tls challenge" (documented here: https://docs.traefik.io/https/acme/) that tells Treafik to just resolve that hostname and test. This requires you to have 443 open from that hostname's IP and it has to get back to Traefik. I did not use that because I didn't initially have Oauth setup, and it would have required me to open my network to traffic before it was secure enough.

Thanks again for this, I was able to port my setup using your Compose as a starting base with a minimal of fuckery, preserving all the backend container volume data so the move was as transparent to services as could be.

Truly, we live in an age of wonders...

Now if only apps like NZB360 could support Oauth2, it'd be perfect.

Jesse Iceberg fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 22, 2020

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jesse Iceberg posted:

Thanks again for this, I was able to port my setup using your Compose as a starting base with a minimal of fuckery, preserving all the backend container volume data so the move was as transparent to services as could be.

Truly, we live in an age of wonders...

Now if only apps like NZB360 could support Oauth2, it'd be perfect.

It sort of works if you auth through the browser and then open the app. You can also setup a direct "PORT:" right on the container, and it will by pass Traefik entirely if you go to the port, like I have setup for Calibre in that example (8080:8080). That will allow NZB and whatever else you use to work if you configure it to reach them directly. I'd advise against opening up those ports on your firewall and just letting the entire world get directly at your stack, but internally (or over a VPN I guess) it'd work.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Does anyone still use the Completion.py script with nzbget anymore? Mine is throwing errors and the dev said he won't update it for python 3 but I don't know if it's even necessary anymore.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

I use it and it does what it's meant to. Running NZBGet in a Docker and no Python issues. I assume it's using the Python environment with the Docker.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Anyone know what backbone premiumize.me is on? They aren't primarily a Usenet provider, and you have a monthly quota shared between all their stuff. But I've been noticing it has been catching 99% of things that fall to it. I have it as same priority as the frugal bonus server since both have a 1TB monthly quota which is also really impeccable as a backup.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Hmm, interesting idea. Will it also choke modern processors as well, even with Plex hardware transcoding?

Seems like a pain to split things into separate libraries manually, unless that can be automated somehow? Like if a movie is 4K, put it in my movies_4k folder instead?

You set up two different installations of Radarr. In instance 1, you use the 4K profile and tell it to download to movies_4k. In instance 2, you use a 1080 profile and tell it to download to movies_1080. You have to add movies to both instances of Radarr if you want both copies. Each folder is added as a separate library in Plex.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

Anyone know what backbone premiumize.me is on? They aren't primarily a Usenet provider, and you have a monthly quota shared between all their stuff. But I've been noticing it has been catching 99% of things that fall to it. I have it as same priority as the frugal bonus server since both have a 1TB monthly quota which is also really impeccable as a backup.

what is the server address of the premiumize server? i thought you had to use there special software?

derk
Sep 24, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

really not a pain at all.

have you ever used a .plexignore file before? these files are essential from keeping your 4K movies from showing up in Plex libraries not meant for 4K capable users/clients. Especially if your 4K folder is within your main movie folder such as mine.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SlipperyNipple posted:

what is the server address of the premiumize server? i thought you had to use there special software?

usenet.premiumize.me and no I use it with NZBget.

You really get strangely a lot for your money. Usenet, 1TB of cloud storage, VPN, international VOIP, download torrents for you so your IP is never in the swarm, and let you download from a lot of file hosts without premium. I found out about it when I was messing with Kodi boxes because it is supported as a debrid server and kept it long after I gave up on Kodi in favor of just running my own auto fed Plex server.

Edit: Might as well through out my referral link https://www.premiumize.me/ref/390043947 as we both get 15 bonus days of premium if you buy premium time.

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 24, 2020

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

derk posted:

really not a pain at all.

have you ever used a .plexignore file before? these files are essential from keeping your 4K movies from showing up in Plex libraries not meant for 4K capable users/clients. Especially if your 4K folder is within your main movie folder such as mine.

I have not used that file before but will check it out, thanks!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

so uh Usenet has always somewhat intrigued me, I've got a reader working, have successfully downloaded some files but

is this it?

is it basically Old-Style Torrenting without having to faff about with seed/seeder shenanigans?

Is a good indexer basically the same as a good tracker?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

SolusLunes posted:

so uh Usenet has always somewhat intrigued me, I've got a reader working, have successfully downloaded some files but

is this it?

is it basically Old-Style Torrenting without having to faff about with seed/seeder shenanigans?

Basically, nobody uses a "reader" for downloading from usenet. They use tools like sonarr along with nzbget to automate the poo poo out of it.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Goons were very mean the last time people talked about Usenet for actual reading of Usenet posts.

Repent and use Google Groups!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SolusLunes posted:

Im not entirely sure what you’re looking for that you’re not getting. Usenet means not having to seed back to ratio or time limits, it’s purely one way.

E: ah think I misread you. I thought you were asking along the lines of ‘what’s the point’

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 29, 2020

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Thermopyle posted:

Basically, nobody uses a "reader" for downloading from usenet. They use tools like sonarr along with nzbget to automate the poo poo out of it.

I actually still have a reader (GrabIt) because a lot of stuff posted in music groups doesn't get indexed, but I am definitely a rarity.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Yeah that's pretty dumb to think newsreaders no longer have a place. Not everything you might want gets indexed and not everything is on your indexer.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I actually still have a reader (GrabIt) because a lot of stuff posted in music groups doesn't get indexed, but I am definitely a rarity.

What's your rationale for not running a local indexer?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Former Human posted:

Yeah that's pretty dumb to think newsreaders no longer have a place. Not everything you might want gets indexed and not everything is on your indexer.

I didn't say they didn't have a place.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I should investigate that because there’s stuff I want that isn’t out there that I feel like just has to be somewhere.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Usenet express is having a sale 4 years unlimited to $95.
https://members.usenetexpress.com/signup/?coupon=LEAPYEAR

Or 1 year for $29.
https://members.usenetexpress.com/signup/?coupon=LEAP1YR

Just saw it on reddit.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

Greatest Living Man posted:

What's your rationale for not running a local indexer?

I'm not familiar with that at all, but I doubt it would improve my process. Right now I basically download headers for a few genre specific groups every few months and quickly scroll through to see if there's anything I want.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Whoa sweet.

Burden posted:

Usenet express is having a sale 4 years unlimited to $95.
https://members.usenetexpress.com/signup/?coupon=LEAPYEAR

Or 1 year for $29.
https://members.usenetexpress.com/signup/?coupon=LEAP1YR

Just saw it on reddit.

Looks like this is on a different backbone than my unlimited ThunderNews. Is it worth it to get a second provider?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

UsenetExpress only has 1100 days retention, servers are all in the US, and the VPN service is spotty. It's cheap for a reason.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/usenetexpress

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Former Human posted:

UsenetExpress only has 1100 days retention, servers are all in the US, and the VPN service is spotty. It's cheap for a reason.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/usenetexpress

it is also the same as newsgroupdirect which doesnt exactly have glowing reviews even just in this topic as far as retention goes. 1100 days is a very generous number for them to advertise probably borderline false advertising. also i dont think i would want to pay for 4 years upfront of anything especially usenet. end of the year prices will probably be 20 bucks a year the way they keep dropping.

SlipperyNipple fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 1, 2020

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

In other news (lol get it) Altopia finally achieved 16 days binary retention after 25 years in business :toot:

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
A friend wants me to help them get set up. They’re competent but not as tech savvy as most of us.

I was going to set them up with docker with everything inside a docker-compose file, because I figure it’s easier for them to have one ‘program’ to open and updating is as easy as stopping and restarting the containers than it is to have them maintain and update NZBGet, Sonarr, Radarr, Hydra and Plex individually and worry about mono versions etc.

I know for me everything has got easier to manage since I migrated to Docker, but I’m a much heavier user than I expect them to ever be.

Is this overkill and am I going about this the wrong way? Would I be better off setting them up with everything running outside of containers and tell them to just update from inside the apps?

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Tea Bone posted:

A friend wants me to help them get set up. They’re competent but not as tech savvy as most of us.

I was going to set them up with docker with everything inside a docker-compose file, because I figure it’s easier for them to have one ‘program’ to open and updating is as easy as stopping and restarting the containers than it is to have them maintain and update NZBGet, Sonarr, Radarr, Hydra and Plex individually and worry about mono versions etc.

I know for me everything has got easier to manage since I migrated to Docker, but I’m a much heavier user than I expect them to ever be.

Is this overkill and am I going about this the wrong way? Would I be better off setting them up with everything running outside of containers and tell them to just update from inside the apps?

Why don't you ask your friend what does he/she actually want? Explain the pros and cons of each solution, show them how to use docker if they're interested and go from there? If you're gonna be the one maintaining/upgrading their solution then sure, install whatever you want. Otherwise no.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Tea Bone posted:

Never update dockers in container. They're ephemeral. You can probably automate the update process with a cron job, or a script.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Matt Zerella posted:

Never update dockers in container. They're ephemeral. You can probably automate the update process with a cron job, or a script.

Yeah, sorry this is what I meant, personally I think it's easier to recreate the containers than it is to update each app individually.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Matt Zerella posted:

There is a dockerised tool for this called watchtower.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

Tea Bone posted:

Just be aware that the dockers will update themselves and updates can occasionally break functionality. I've only had it happen for QBittorrent for me thus far, but it could theoretically happen to any of the containers.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Just be aware that the dockers will update themselves and updates can occasionally break functionality. I've only had it happen for QBittorrent for me thus far, but it could theoretically happen to any of the containers.

To be clear, the apps might be configured to do so, but automatically updating themselves is not a general feature of docker containers.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
To further complicate things, "never update dockers in a container" isn't a hard rule either. My Nextcloud instance needs to be updated through the Nextcloud interface for example.

Before I switched to unraid I used the previously mentioned watchtower container to keep things automatically updating. It works well but with any docker updates keep periodic backups of the config folders in case you need to roll back. Occasionally you can get a broken update or have things break due to a major version change.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

THF13 posted:

To further complicate things, "never update dockers in a container" isn't a hard rule either. My Nextcloud instance needs to be updated through the Nextcloud interface for example.
No, it's a pretty hard rule. Containers are supposed to be operated as if they were immutable. If you're not upgrading Nextcloud by throwing out the old container and spinning up a new one you and/or the container you're using is doing something wrong.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

The Linuxserver Nextcloud does some weird updating stuff, but the official Nextcloud image handles migrating the persistent data correctly when you replace the container image, automatically handling major version updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Sonarr v3 had a bug on the last version where it would hang process monitored downloads task. Mine had not downloaded anything in 3 days before I noticed. Update that fixes it would fail to auto install also, so had to go get the latest version on the website and install it. Also after installing had to change what the (windows) service uses as an account to get everything back to normal.