Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I'm a huge fan of Volcano with disaster expert Justin J Case. Their Tommy Lee Jones is great in that one.

Jack-Jack-Jack-jack.

Hot to Trot is another good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DangerDummy! posted:

Isn't this the one with the Mike Schenk impressions? That was a hysterical bit.

Yes that is also in there too

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I have my favourites (like Butterfly Effect, Easy Rider 2, Cyber Seduction) but I don't know if I'd consider them part of the WHM canon.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I remember my first time listening to Easy Rider 2. The sky was crystal blue, just like 9/11.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Easy Rider 2 was the first and maybe only time I've heard Eric get more pissed at a movie than anyone else.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Butterfly Effect is incredible.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Gerard Butler impressions in this Law Abiding Citizen episode are incredible, as usual.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Elderbean posted:

I love the Dracula 2000 episode, it's such a dogshit movie that perfectly encapsulates the year 2000 and they have a lot of fun with it.

Also, the Gerard Butler audition tape exists.

https://youtu.be/Zdy7jdNE3SQ

You're tearing me apart, Judas!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Closest I’ve come to watching this movie is the TF2 trailer:

https://youtu.be/HjGrHBpfqCo

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Rageaholic posted:

The Gerard Butler impressions in this Law Abiding Citizen episode are incredible, as usual.

It's quickly becoming my favourite. I saw this in cinemas with my little brother and reliving it through them is amazing.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

Marin Karin posted:

I remember my first time listening to Easy Rider 2. The sky was crystal blue, just like 9/11.

And his friend beat cancer, and he gave back to those vets, and you know what?

I hate loving surprises

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

the Bee Movie ep has got to be up there in the WHM canon. Puns, Seinfeld impressions, the origin of the giant woman bit; what more could you want?

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
A really fun moment is them complaining in the Chucky 3 episode how the film should have had multiple dolls running around killing people because of the blood in the molding, then a couple years later Cult of Chucky comes out and that's basically the plot.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

This latest episode on Law-Abiding Citizen is a good one. On the note that Criminal Minds was the dumb CSI, wasn't CSI already pretty dumb? It always seemed dumb to me, especially CSI: Miami.

Also, stay tuned for Gamer?

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 3, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Red Bones posted:

the Bee Movie ep has got to be up there in the WHM canon. Puns, Seinfeld impressions, the origin of the giant woman bit; what more could you want?

My favorite call back to that is from the New Hope WLM (I think) with "ohhhhhhh...a giant redwood!"

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

DoubleCakes posted:

This latest episode on Law-Abiding Citizen is a good one. On the note that Criminal Minds was the dumb CSI, wasn't CSI already pretty dumb? It always seemed dumb to me, especially CSI: Miami.

Also, stay tuned for Gamer?

except Gamer will be a WLM

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Shrek and Shrek 2.

The best movie of all time and the best sequel of all time that is in itself the best movie of all time as well.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Crowetron posted:

Easy Rider 2 was the first and maybe only time I've heard Eric get more pissed at a movie than anyone else.

I feel like we saw glimmers of this during the Transformers marathon. He was constantly going "are we at the end of this loving movie yet?" or "this is not a movie it's just a bunch of poo poo!"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Coheed and Camembert posted:

I haven't seen the full list posted here yet, but from their website:

Who else is seeing them in Charlotte? Under Siege is a legitimately fun dumb action movie, and I always look forward to their mush-mouthed Seagal impressions.

Oh poo poo, I might. Possibly.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
“A Message from Ethel Rosenberg” obliterated me

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just realized I'll be at a work conference both of the NC tour dates. I'm absolutely gutted. Everyone please go and have a blast in my honor, thanks. :)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

teen witch posted:

Deep cut: Babycakes is a gem and has my favorite joke they’ve ever done ever (I’m a huge Talking Heads fan)

Oooh yeah.

Blame it Rio is another one that puts the HATE in WHM.

Silver Bullet (early Gary Busey impersonation!) and The Substitute (Tom Berenger's OhmygodImgonnakillhim internal monologue!) are just really fun.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sean10mm posted:

One of the boutique labels, Kino Lorber I think, has this on Blu-Ray, and just about every time it's on sale, I consider getting it for $6 just to see it for myself, but yeah, I don't want to get on any additional watch lists.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

Oooh yeah.

Silver Bullet (early Gary Busey impersonation!) and The Substitute (Tom Berenger's OhmygodImgonnakillhim internal monologue!) are just really fun.

Also from the earliest days, Poison Ivy.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Just relistened to the bee movie ep and loving died at the “Jessie the B Ventura” line. Woke up my 2 year old it was a whole thing. Great ep forever

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

teen witch posted:

“A Message from Ethel Rosenberg” obliterated me

Eric has been on fire lately.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Blame it on Rio is a quintessential WHM episode but it's not one you point newcomers too.

Bee Movie is part of the newer WHM canon. 300, too. Traces of Red is up there (Mr Dominoes... :cry:).

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

DoubleCakes posted:

Blame it on Rio is a quintessential WHM episode but it's not one you point newcomers too.

Bee Movie is part of the newer WHM canon. 300, too. Traces of Red is up there (Mr Dominoes... :cry:).

Blame it on Rio is for advanced listeners ONLY

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

Pops Mgee posted:

Blame it on Rio is for advanced listeners ONLY

To this day I will never understand who though THAT LINE would work in any movie ever.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

OpenSourceBurger posted:

To this day I will never understand who though THAT LINE would work in any movie ever.

Only 90s kids tiny babies who have been driven wild with desire will understand.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

OpenSourceBurger posted:

Apropos of nothing, I was listening to another podcast, You Must Remember This, which did a recent episode on the life of Margaux and Mariel Hemingway, which pointed out that a 42 year old Woody Allen, after seeing the 14 year old actress Mariel play a supporting role in the rape-sploitation film Lipstick, thought she would be just perfect to play his 17 year old girlfriend in his next movie, Manhattan.

Blame it on Rio was, admittedly, made 5 years later, but also admittedly, Woody Allen still has a career and respect, for some reason.

Burn Hollywood to the ground, is what I'm saying.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Hey in case it never got posted here at the time, I just came across this whilst looking for a free ep of Action Boyz:

I assume it'll be a free form episode of WHM.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

Only 90s kids tiny babies who have been driven wild with desire will understand.

AAAAAAAAAAA NO. I KNEW THE LINE AND READING IT AGAIN WAS STILL DEEPLY UPSETTING

:cry:

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

Hey in case it never got posted here at the time, I just came across this whilst looking for a free ep of Action Boyz:
The Talking Simpsons Podcast also has a bunch of episodes with the guys on. Each of them has been on at least once now. It's not as fun with them just together though, but still pretty fun.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I didn't get the Ethel Rosenberg joke, I checked Wikipedia and still don't get it :(

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
There seems to have been a little bit of love for Phantom of the Paradise in this thread and since I have no where else to post it, well...

I stumbled on this panel with Swan, Phoenix, Beef, 2 of the Juicy Fruits/Undead guys and the film editor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0HzLV_hFIw

It's pretty cool and in a just world Phantom would have endured as THE midnight movie over Rocky Horror. I like them both Phantom is just so god damned stylish. I keep thinking one Halloween I'm gonna get around to making the mask.

Also, anyone know why the new episodes aren't showing up on my laptop or my phone? Law Abiding Citizen says it's up 3/3.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Oh my God I hope this is serious.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1236099804616409088

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
For anyone who enjoyed him on the Die Hard episode, John Gabrus was on Kyle Ayers' Never Seen It podcast last week. He was very funny.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

This is 100% just an excuse for them to spend company money rather than it being a ticket they buy themselves and have to explain to their wives/partners. I'll still listen but I think it's dumb. Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll somehow be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol: looking forward to this