Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"Stupid god!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Garrand posted:

"Stupid god!"

This makes it make perfect sense because until right this moment I've been trying to work out what the gently caress Kratos had to do with the old man from Courage

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Is that Cohen the Barbarian?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Garrand posted:

"Stupid god!"

:golfclap: I was trying to think of the perfect phrase, and this is it

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Is that Cohen the Barbarian?

Same thought!
They should get Conina on the other one

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?

"I like those dogs that make out but I REALLY want the focus to be on the men who set the mood."

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Giga Pet giveaway posted:

"I like those dogs that make out but I REALLY want the focus to be on the men who set the mood."

It's like Mario and Luigi had teleporter accidents with the Drunken Bakers.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

That's just a whole lot of really odd choices

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Field Mousepad posted:

That's just a whole lot of really odd choices

The best part is Wario/Waluigi aren't staring at Lady and the Tramp, but the True Plumbers Abyss....

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I like that he did this to (partially) cover up a bad Taz tattoo.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

"Well, I'm a furry, but I'm also really into voyeurism and ethnic caricatures."

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Holy Yikes

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I loving love science

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Inexplicable.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

what do the runes mean

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

a fatguy baldspot posted:

what do the runes mean

"Stay away ladies"

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

is it supposed to be tolkien runes? my friend and i decoded those way back in the days before internet. looks like P _ B OU B

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Looks like actual Anglo-Saxon runes, transliterated to "WERDR".

e: It could be the names of the runes, which is "Mirth horse ride day ride"...

...but it's probably just gibberish.

whypick1 has a new favorite as of 21:56 on Mar 6, 2020

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Supposedly it means "worthy".

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Um, it actually means, "proud warrior"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

"White Supremacist"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

History Comes Inside! posted:

"White Supremacist"

BINGO

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

"White Supremacist"

That goes without saying.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have a friend who just really likes norse mythology and has ancestry there and got a small mjolnir tattoo and I was like Oh Dude No

he's not a white supremacist, just a gormless innocent doofus nerd who now essentially has a hate symbol tattoo :(

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

The Bloop posted:

I have a friend who just really likes norse mythology and has ancestry there and got a small mjolnir tattoo and I was like Oh Dude No

he's not a white supremacist, just a gormless innocent doofus nerd who now essentially has a hate symbol tattoo :(

I have an iron cross on my shoulder that I got when I was stupid and 18 and recently booted from my house; it's really a "coat of arms" that I wanted to make for myself without any knowledge of its nazi connotations, and now it's just a reminder of how dumb I was at 18. If it was in a more prominent location I might get it covered up but it's just an overpriced giant blob of inadvertently racist black ink :(

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Bloop posted:

I'm always suspicious of norse tattoos but I know tons of dudes who have runic or odinist tattoos and who I can confidently say are not nazis. But they do have nazi-adjascent tattoos. That's how dogwhistles work I guess.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I know a guy who is just super into viking things. Like he is the viking equivalent of a japanophile, if there's a word for it.

He has a giant beard with gold rings braided into it and a bunch of runic/norse tattoos which go with the rest of his look but in a vacuum any single one of them would probably be a horrifying red flag.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
My friend's brown pride tattoo is nazi adjacent. Better send him to the wall.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not deciding someone is a racist based on ambiguous tattoos BUT there is only so much time and I'm probably far less likely to bother interacting with someone even inadvertently advertising bigotry in order to to find out

Tattoos are like colors and patterns on an insect or fish. Sometimes just pretty or cool, sometimes a sign of poisonousness

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I assume the advantage of the secret nazi tattoo is that you have the option of denying it.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
What is the scorpion symbol on that guy's shirt, btw? I didn't want to attempt to google it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sephiRoth IRA posted:

What is the scorpion symbol on that guy's shirt, btw? I didn't want to attempt to google it.

I'm guessing some stolen valor poo poo

Why is that flag that color scheme while we're at it

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

CommonShore posted:

I'm always suspicious of norse tattoos but I know tons of dudes who have runic or odinist tattoos and who I can confidently say are not nazis. But they do have nazi-adjascent tattoos. That's how dogwhistles work I guess.

Not all odinists are racist heathens, but all racist heathens are odinists.

Some odinists are just dumb and want to worship a Strong Sky Daddy because they don't actually want to stop being Christians, and don't realize that Odin sucks and is the god of the rich and privileged. Some of the racists also fall into that group.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Saw some dude coming out of a store the other day that had “1488” tattooed on his neck.

Think he’s racist?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Saw some dude coming out of a store the other day that had “1488” tattooed on his neck.

Think he’s racist?

No he's probably just 532 years old

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sephiRoth IRA posted:

He served in the brotherhood of NOD.

E: also seconding that granddad kratos is loving amazing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What'd you get at Chick-fil-A?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Think he’s racist?

Or a victim of the racist criminal justice system.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I have an iron cross on my shoulder that I got when I was stupid and 18 and recently booted from my house; it's really a "coat of arms" that I wanted to make for myself without any knowledge of its nazi connotations, and now it's just a reminder of how dumb I was at 18. If it was in a more prominent location I might get it covered up but it's just an overpriced giant blob of inadvertently racist black ink :(

I mean, the Iron cross by itself is used by tons of organizations worldwide still, like almost every fire department, it's a bit Nazi adjacent, but I wouldn't think twice unless you have some SS lightning bolts and deaths-heads on there.

Instead of covering it up you could go the Rammstein route and make your political leanings explicitly clear like:

I AM ANTI-FASCIST

(IRON CROSS)

I AM A LEFTIST WHO
SUPPORTS EQUALITY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
My "I am not a facist" tattoo has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my tattoo.