Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

So I breached an ancient danger full of mechanoids, losing my combat animals and ending with my illegal psyker severely injured

But it was all worth it

So now my psyker has been rebuilt, reborn, and ready to stand with Promisebreaker in hand

Just in time for a poison ship :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I just reloaded a save alittle be before I sold a prisoner to the royal faction. It wasn't too far back. I checked the caravan thing and didn't see it.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

drat Promisebreaker is a pretty sweet name.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Honky Dong Country posted:

drat Promisebreaker is a pretty sweet name.

Hell yeah it is.

For the person talking about defenses earlier, I personally just go with the ole trap maze.

For bonus points you can send your cyborg psyker out to stun and slow them and pop them with free hits

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

First time I've seen someone with 0 passions.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My knight is demanding high culture recreation, how do I get him or someone to play a harp for him?

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
So two quick questions:

One of my pawns managed to get shot in the head, survive, but developed a mangled scar on their brain. Their consciousness, mobility, manipulation and some other stuff is now cut in half. How in the hell do you heal a brain scar?

Can you remove death acidifiers? It seems a little strange that I can't perform surgery to rip them out, because they cause constant pain and if your pawn is a body purist, it's also a permanent -10 mood debuff, forever.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Just like any other scar, healer mech serum, luci, mods.

Death acidifers are presumably wired with fail safes, otherwise they'd be pretty pointless :v:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

User0015 posted:

So two quick questions:

One of my pawns managed to get shot in the head, survive, but developed a mangled scar on their brain. Their consciousness, mobility, manipulation and some other stuff is now cut in half. How in the hell do you heal a brain scar?

Luciferium or Healing Mechanite Serum are the only ways to heal those. In the former's case, it will result in an addiction that is permanent and fatal if not supplied with about 1x luciferium a month. Healing mechanite serum is a better route but much rarer.

If you prefer mods that can help, there are a lot of different approaches, ranging from new brains to regenerator implants to advanced surgery to fix it.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
^^^ Any suggestions? Mods that add additional surgeries or advanced surgery sounds fun. Mods that add new, advanced prosethics too. Really, it all sounds fun so whatever the thread suggests.

Pharnakes posted:

Just like any other scar, healer mech serum, luci, mods.

Death acidifers are presumably wired with fail safes, otherwise they'd be pretty pointless :v:

In a combat situation, sure. But I mean, if you can surgically install them, feels like you could surgically uninstall them. You just can't scream, "Kali Maa" and reach into their chest to tear it out without getting your hands a little dirty. I also thought glitterworld medicine would remove scars? I'll probably just find a mod for it. Mods fix everything.

User0015 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 7, 2020

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

User0015 posted:

So two quick questions:

Can you remove death acidifiers? It seems a little strange that I can't perform surgery to rip them out, because they cause constant pain and if your pawn is a body purist, it's also a permanent -10 mood debuff, forever.

Rimworld: How Do I De-Gage My Phineas?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Only empire goons use acidifiers, right?

Griz
May 21, 2001

User0015 posted:

I also thought glitterworld medicine would remove scars? I'll probably just find a mod for it. Mods fix everything.

that was a mod. someone just ported it to 1.1 since the original hasn't updated yet
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2014544029

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

My knight is demanding high culture recreation, how do I get him or someone to play a harp for him?

You have to research harps and build one from the... machinist table? Smithy? I can't remember and the wiki doesn't say. Then you place it like furniture.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Now my baron has a ton a demands and him being a pyromanic is not paying off.

He also gave a speech and at the end another pyromanic started lighting the throne room on fire.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Tenzarin posted:

Now my baron has a ton a demands and him being a pyromanic is not paying off.

He also gave a speech and at the end another pyromanic started lighting the throne room on fire.

Sounds like a great speech.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Telsa Cola posted:

Sounds like a great speech.

It was lit!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Vanilla Expanded guy put out a complete retexture of the base game, this poo poo's wild

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Hm, it seems like 1.1 made Chemical Interest worse. It now has a stacking negative mood if that settler goes cold sober for too long.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cease to Hope posted:

Hm, it seems like 1.1 made Chemical Interest worse. It now has a stacking negative mood if that settler goes cold sober for too long.

Hahaha, holy poo poo that's loving awful and means those colonists are just time bombs no matter what

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that explains a lot about the problems they're giving me

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just smh if you don't set up a psychite tea or booze empire every game

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Zore posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo that's loving awful and means those colonists are just time bombs no matter what

They do get a very small +2 mood for imbibing but holy moly that's a bad trait now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Baron issued a decree that we must hunt a rat. So I queued the hunter to do it. The baron is the hunter.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
But doctor I am the hunter!

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I hadn't played Rimworld in over a year and thought I'd start fresh with a new game first... what a horrible freaking idea. I get why a lot of the ideas implemented by a modding community never make it into a game. Stuff's unbalanced, it adds clutter, have to consider not all players are interested in more stuff, outside the theme/intent of developer, on and on and on. But there there are some items which defy my understanding. I can't think of a single reason why something like RimHUD or Replace Stuff wouldn't be picked up and added to the game. I can think of justifications, all of them terrible and stupid but at least they exist, why say Prepare Carefully, the Medical Tab, Allow Tool, or even something as simple as Wall Light, might not be added but the other two? Legitimately boggles my mind.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Broken Cog posted:

Just smh if you don't set up a psychite tea or booze empire every game

psychite tea for pawns, yayo and go juice on every trade caravan for those fat silver stacks

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
this is a dumb question, but what happens if I have two royals in my base that aren't in a relationship? Do they both need thrones, fight one another for precedence, how does it work?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

They both need their own throne rooms

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The royal family wants to see how you handle manhunter packs, for some gold and silver can the royal family will release 20 megasloths to attack you.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Tenzarin posted:

The royal family wants to see how you handle manhunter packs, for some gold and silver can the royal family will release 20 megasloths to attack you.

Slamming that yes button for that sweet sweet meat and fur.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

if you use the vanilla texture pack, you may need to put QualityBuilder above it in the load order.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Solved my problem with prisoners attempting to escape. I installed peg legs and wooden hands. And then I removed them.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Tenzarin posted:

Solved my problem with prisoners attempting to escape. I installed peg legs and wooden hands. And then I removed them.

Prisoners are great medical exp and if you peg leg the world they still have them if they end up on another raid.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Gonna take alot of save scumming to get out of this one.

I have won twice but all my bears die. And I had 20 bears....

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Gonna take alot of save scumming to get out of this one.

I have won twice but all my bears die. And I had 20 bears....

Jesus why would you make your hallways like that, thats just asking to get swarmed and be unable to make a good melee and firing line.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Aside from the, uh, very interesting base layout, you should withdraw everybody into one of the rooms with a door held open and engage the bugs from inside a room.
e: I mean it's not ideal for a few reasons but it's not like you don't have any choke points to work with, so there's that at least

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Zore posted:

You could just make some drugs? Like having a beer/narcotics industry gives you something to do, provides trade goods and keeps the pawns happy.

Also adds a bit of story tension if people od.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Chemical interest isn't if for an od it's when, and usually within the quarter.

It was already less desirable for me than pro, now I'm just going to banish on sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Dang what's the point of making a huge mountain of space crack if nobody's ever allowed to melt their brains with it