Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Manxome Foe posted:

Their BR is going to fail hard as gently caress if they can't make it so you get into a match quicker. The TTK is fast as gently caress, and it's taking forever to get into games, like 5+ minutes. You simply can't have that fast of rounds with this long of a wait in between if you want the poo poo to succeed in an already over saturated genre.

Everyone is probably still downloading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Discussion > Games > Call of Duty: Moderner Warfare - Everyone is probably still downloading it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Manxome Foe posted:

Their BR is going to fail hard as gently caress if they can't make it so you get into a match quicker. The TTK is fast as gently caress, and it's taking forever to get into games, like 5+ minutes. You simply can't have that fast of rounds with this long of a wait in between if you want the poo poo to succeed in an already over saturated genre.

Try not to die next time.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Manxome Foe posted:

You idiot. Most people won't have it downloaded for an entire day and the free people still don't even have it unlocked. Chill out you loving dork

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Captain Beans posted:

Most people are probably still downloading the huge rear end file and I don’t think the free component has unlocked yet. It will have a ton of people playing by tonight.

The matches do this weird thing where the lobby is full, then the player count slowly goes down as if people are leaving the match, then it starts after a few minutes. I'm getting into games, it's just taking forever.

To clarify - it's not that there are no players, the lobbies fill up instantly, it just takes forever for the match to start.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Manxome Foe posted:

Some pregame lobbies appear bugged. I had one that took that long and we quit out and immediately launched into another game very fast.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Manxome Foe posted:

The game cant even be downloaded for non COD players for another 2 hours.

Edit: just saw your response, that sucks that it’s doing that.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Skyarb posted:

You idiot. Most people won't have it downloaded for an entire day and the free people still don't even have it unlocked. Chill out you loving dork

Just because you don't have it doesn't mean a bazillion other people don't you moron. But to your credit I am an idiot, we're literally beta testing the game right now since they didn;t do a beta.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Manxome Foe posted:

Just because you don't have it doesn't mean a bazillion other people don't you moron.

The only people playing right now are idiot losers without a job or quarantined coronavirus victims.

Also enable cross-play and play with everyone else

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Manxome Foe posted:

Not everyone gets to take as much vacation as they want and can play immediately some people have to wait until they get off work to play.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

To be fair making sweeping statements about the state of the MMR in the game within an hour of it coming out is pretty dumb

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Manxome Foe posted:

Just because you don't have it doesn't mean a bazillion other people don't you moron. But to your credit I am an idiot, we're literally beta testing the game right now since they didn;t do a beta.

Most people in the world don't have a fast enough internet connection and most the population is going to be free players so yeah most people don't have it you Bell end. Also yeah most people have jobs and poo poo so even more so, most people don't have it. If you're lucky there is maybe 5% of the total population right now

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Every time I join a lobby it gets to around 140 players, then stays there, then people start leaving and the game never starts..

E: it did start, with 87 players

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 10, 2020

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The TTK is fine, but the matchmaking is dog balls right now

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Protip: the parachute doesn't automatically deploy when you're close to the ground. I just broke my spine.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I've got 6-7 games in so far, most of which I've made it near the end walking out with 5-7 kills. It's a very 'busy' game in a good way.There are 3 types of contracts that I've seen.

Recon: Domination style cap-a-point.
Assassination: You hunt a player who is revealed on your tac map. The player knows you are hunting them. Their teammates get money if the 'hunted' survives via time or killing the hunter??
Scout: You have to run to & collect 3 intel crates. This one seems to be the easiest.

Looting is easy and good. Field Upgrades are physical items you pick up and use like you would a gun.

The game has airspace restrictions similar to normal MP, so while there are a lot of killstreaks endgame there aren't ten airstrikes coming in at the same time.

$4500 to respawn a teammate doesn't seem that hard to get. Respawning sends up a super visible flare so be ready to defend.

Shotguns seem pretty meh outside the early fights.

Gulag is fun as hell and having teammates communicating there is OP as gently caress lol.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can you stun your own teammate in the gulag?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Look at these people going to work like idiots. Game is dead. RIP.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

Game is good.

Having a fist fight with a random while watching others fight in the gulag is pretty much how I want to spend my time waiting to get back in.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bardeh posted:

Every time I join a lobby it gets to around 140 players, then stays there, then people start leaving and the game never starts..

E: it did start, with 87 players

just keep waiting, they start eventually

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I played through both tutorials before I had to go to work like an idiot. Maybe I'll catch the Wuhan and get more gaming time.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Aside from the glacial time to get into another match, it's fun. Post up in the traffic control tower with a sniper rifle and murder people, then run them over in with atv's.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Plunder is pretty fun.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Housh posted:

I played through both tutorials before I had to go to work like an idiot. Maybe I'll catch the Wuhan and get more gaming time.

There are 2 tutorials? Just played through one, am now waiting to start a game.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
If I tend to hover between disinterest and active dislike toward BR games is War Zone going to change my mind about the format or should I just not bother?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

sunday at work posted:

If I tend to hover between disinterest and active dislike toward BR games is War Zone going to change my mind about the format or should I just not bother?

I'd say try it out, since it's free? Why would you trust anything anyone online says? Except the advice I just gave you ofcourse.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hard to say. It’s free, so try it?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sunday at work posted:

Regular BR may not but the other mode, Plunder, might be of your interest?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Warzone really fun. Hard to get used to TTK with the armor plates though, also gently caress armor cause I can never find any. Am I supposed to just buy it?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

jerman999 posted:

Warzone really fun. Hard to get used to TTK with the armor plates though, also gently caress armor cause I can never find any. Am I supposed to just buy it?

Multiple streamers said it was really common, so maybe you just had back luck?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Man, the lobby never goes higher than 130 players. What's up with that?
Played the training game, it was fun. Pretty tense, even when playing against bots.
The armor plates take forever to equip though.

EDIT: the ping button being up on the dpad is also pretty weird imo.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 10, 2020

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

shut up blegum posted:

Man, the lobby never goes higher than 130 players. What's up with that?
Played the training game, it was fun. Pretty tense, even when playing against bots.
The armor plates take forever to equip though.

They seem to be fixing that. I couldn't start a game all morning now it started working and going into game super fast.

Really liking both modes. Plunder is the ultimate shoot poo poo while you relax mode.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Warzowns

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can you stun your own teammate in the gulag?

plz I have to troll my real life friends. I need this.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
How does the Plunder mode work anyway? Been curious about it. Like, do you respawn or what?

Fart Car '97 posted:

Gulag is fun as hell and having teammates communicating there is OP as gently caress lol.
Can't wait to give my teammates sick callouts during gulag fights. "He's in the shower!" *entire arena is a shower*

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Plunder seems fun so far. But I have no idea who's winning or when the game ends?

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

shut up blegum posted:

Plunder seems fun so far. But I have no idea who's winning or when the game ends?

First team to one million.
There's a meter in the bottom left that tells your current stored safe amount and your current carried. Sometimes a red line shows up that shows where first place is it but it doesn't seem to be consistent (might be a bug).

sunday at work posted:

I generally dislike BRs but I am really enjoying warzone so far. I hate going 40 minutes without seeing somebody only to get picked off by somebody I never saw in PUBG but so far the engagements have been frequent in this one. 150 players + reentries keeps it active.

The main feature that I'm not the biggest fan of so far is the weapon drop allowing you grab your custom load outs. It's very cheap (or you can just use another teams) and makes every lootable weapon worthless. There's no reason not to have your kit a quarter of the way into the match.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 10, 2020

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

jerman999 posted:

You start off with two and after that they are pretty common, but sometimes in odd spots. The loot seems separated between "gun" spots and "item" spots..

Game is good, keeps crashing on PC though. Probably one of the easiest BR games in terms of shooting, since all the guns are largely lasers, and I don't normally use sights on weapons anyways. Not that hard to go 1v3 when you get so many grenades and a lot of shotguns.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I feel like there should be more cash deposit points in plunder? You really get wrecked by other teams while waiting for the helicopter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
is plunder like a modified ctf?