Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1237727762791583744

Here's the bulletin board video for the english version, so you can read what the nook miles stuff says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I made the mistake of buying this digital. The icon is just sitting there, mocking me.

Playing Pocket Camp isn't helping.

Also, I wouldn't mind that gang tag!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Canned Panda posted:

I made the mistake of buying this digital. The icon is just sitting there, mocking me.

Yeah but that is the fastest way to get access to the game! 9pm pacific time on Thursday (march 19) is unlock time!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Yeah but that is the fastest way to get access to the game!

Yes, I will get to play it as soon as it unlocks, so that's good.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

poo poo, is it too late to join the gangtag queue?

I haven't preordered yet, I get paid on the 20th so I'll just get it digitally then. This will be my first time playing an AC game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shoehead posted:

I'm ready for this game to come out already. So I went and tried to plan out my island. Normally I'm a bit anal with this kind of thing but the tools are kind of hard to get a grip on and I wasn't really patient enough to see how far I could stretch it.

Beautiful~
O man, I was going to joke about how you drew the ring on the wrong hand. Not wanting to appear foolish, I looked it up to check. Turns out it is I who has been drawing the ring on the wrong side for years. I'm sorry Mr Goatse.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Canned Panda posted:

Also, I wouldn't mind that gang tag!

I was tempted to install pocket camp to bide the time but instead have gone back to New Leaf just for kicks. Even though my house is done and I don't have any desire to remodel my town it's still nice to go back in and get mail

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Khanstant posted:

Beautiful~
O man, I was going to joke about how you drew the ring on the wrong hand. Not wanting to appear foolish, I looked it up to check. Turns out it is I who has been drawing the ring on the wrong side for years. I'm sorry Mr Goatse.

Did you goatse yourself to see if I was right? I just guessed!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm going to make a house that has nothing but a hoard of toilet paper and canned goods, which I'm assuming are things that I'll be able to find in the game.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Argue posted:

I'm going to make a house that has nothing but a hoard of toilet paper and canned goods, which I'm assuming are things that I'll be able to find in the game.

If it uses the furniture from Happy Home designer, canned goods are a thing you can get for sure. Unsure about toilet paper, but you could maybe get some cardboard boxes and pretend they contain toilet paper?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Looks like the rest o' the tags are coming in now.

Nice to see something new under my name after all these years of Bruce Wayne.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Yay, thanks for the tag LITERALLY A BIRD and Infinitum! :neckbeard:

17 years later I guess I'll see what kinda hip and cool things you kids are into these days.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I just checked the DBs for NL and HHD, and I can't find toilet paper, yet you can have toilets. This is (tentatively) an outrage!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Argue posted:

I just checked the DBs for NL and HHD, and I can't find toilet paper, yet you can have toilets. This is (tentatively) an outrage!

how are they expecting you to go about your day using a toilet without toilet paper :stonk:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1237785355962769408?s=20

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Argue posted:

Oh dear, it seems your house rating is suffering due to a..."cleanliness" issue. *points to newly-arrived bidet, installable by tomorrow morning for only 750,000 bells*

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh dear, it seems your house rating is suffering due to a..."cleanliness" issue. *points to newly-arrived bidet, installable by tomorrow morning for only 750,000 bells*

Thanks, Captain Hygiene!

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

Hello again AC thread :3 My switch has the digital version pre-ordered and I am ready to go. Excited to see what shenanigans we can get up to again this time round...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"What item would you bring."

Timmy thinks of a knife. I'm worried. (I know it's twitter cropping but still)

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

This waiting is miserable. And I also chose to work on Friday, opting to take the following Monday off instead. I’m not sure how I’m going to get anything done though on that last day.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Argue posted:

In the game but somehow now not IRL

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shoehead posted:

I don't think the queue is finished yet

it's beautiful :syoon:

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

Infinitum posted:

============================================================================================================
If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

Am I too late for a raccoon goon tag??

As an offering I have this octosquad art that Squats drew for me from the New Leaf days to remind you all that octopus villagers are the best villagers:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

thank you for the gang tag

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Thank god the new season of Path of Exile is out this friday so I have something to do while I wait patiently for Animal Crossing shenanigans.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The funniest part of animal crossing hype is the realization that ITS HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE and I'm just going to sit on a tree stump and stare at grass textures for like 5 minutes

Hell yeah fulfilling gameplay

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

Hello, I'm here to be initiated in a raccoon gang.

If I missed the window no biggie, I'll go buy it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUiKOQPZ320

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo should release a real life Nook Phone.

E: Sweet tag, thanks!

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

Nine days and counting, y'all, get hype! :3: Added myself to the spreadsheet in preparation of my excellent Beach-Boys themed island. I'm looking forward to waterfalls and careful planting of a Perfect/Foreign fruit orchard!

Has the Town Tunes Creator been posted yet? could be helpful for some folks wanting to whip something up custom ahead of time!

(can i have a gang tag too btw)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The funniest part of animal crossing hype is the realization that ITS HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE and I'm just going to sit on a tree stump and stare at grass textures for like 5 minutes

Hell yeah fulfilling gameplay

The best part of Animal Crossing is the excitement over mundane features.

I unironically love it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

cosmo sex tip posted:

Nine days and counting, y'all, get hype! :3: Added myself to the spreadsheet in preparation of my excellent Beach-Boys themed island. I'm looking forward to waterfalls and careful planting of a Perfect/Foreign fruit orchard!

Has the Town Tunes Creator been posted yet? could be helpful for some folks wanting to whip something up custom ahead of time!

(can i have a gang tag too btw)

I spent like 30 minutes making my town tune in New Leaf the Sailor Moon theme.

Will probably do that again for consistency's sake.

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

Framboise posted:

I spent like 30 minutes making my town tune in New Leaf the Sailor Moon theme.

Will probably do that again for consistency's sake.

yeah mine was Kesha - "Blow". after that it was the opening to Under The Sea from Little Mermaid! I change mine a lot I guess

this is the one i'm doing for new horizons though because i've got a theme and god damnit i am sticking to it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't have my 3DS here to confirm, but you can't change your town/island name without restarting from scratch right? I know you can redo the tune and flag but I'm starting to get :sweatdrop: about not nearly settling in on a name for NH yet, and I assume it'll be similarly permanent.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't have my 3DS here to confirm, but you can't change your town/island name without restarting from scratch right? I know you can redo the tune and flag but I'm starting to get :sweatdrop: about not nearly settling in on a name for NH yet, and I assume it'll be similarly permanent.

You can't change your town name in New Leaf without a reset.

I still have no name ideas either so I understand the stress!

(Also, yay, gang tag!)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Becklespinax posted:

Am I too late for a raccoon goon tag??

As an offering I have this octosquad art that Squats drew for me from the New Leaf days to remind you all that octopus villagers are the best villagers:

Those are straight up pokemon! I need an Octillery villager...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Yeah but that is the fastest way to get access to the game! 9pm pacific time on Thursday (march 19) is unlock time!

I have work at 6am ffffffffff

Count Mippi
Nov 7, 2009

Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs. He's gonna be all like: "Oh no, my gumballs!"

Watching all these preview videos of New Horizons, I just realized that the fossil exhibit had a meteor hidden up in the ceiling. You can see it in the upper left corner of this video at around 8:10 in.

https://youtu.be/UBqbv7Nx2JI

This game is gonna be the best. Thank you for the gang tag!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I waiting to decide on a town name until we see whether or not you can have island as a suffix outside of what you type into the name selection in English as well.

.....no it’s not an excuse for me to put off naming something even longer because I’m bad at naming stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Brought the digital preorder instead of Nintendo having a release day event for it. Not betting on any large events during a pandemic. I really hope that we could play it on the 19th at 9PM. Where was this rumor confirmed? I did see that the code for a 7 day online trial would be available by the same time but not the game?