Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
You should be with someone who is good and nice to you, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

your wife sucks OP

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Wife fucks.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

bell jar posted:

your wife sucks OP

and not in the good way, it seems like

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

HopperUK posted:

You should be with someone who is good and nice to you, I think.

:hmmyes:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/cindynyuyseni/status/1237650545487122434

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Dregs posted:

I have been putting up with this exact brand of bullshit for 17 years. But I am actually pretty relieved to hear such unanimous affirmation. Also, she has agreed to gtfo of my house. That's pretty nice too.

It's never to late to get out of an unhealthly relationship.

No one should ever accept mistreatment, lies, and general bullshit from another human being for the sake of anything.

Also no judgements but the whole "past infidelities on both sides" and "new leaf" means that once that happens again it's time to give up and move on.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 12, 2020

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I mean, or she made the breakup really clean and easy for the guy. Didn’t even lose a minute of sleep. poo poo, he even got a free video game out of it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

drat, nuked from orbit

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

1redflag posted:

I mean, or she made the breakup really clean and easy for the guy. Didn’t even lose a minute of sleep. poo poo, he even got a free video game out of it.

Plus she like literally fled the city.

I was actually believing it was true until she said that.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

1redflag posted:

Lol if you think this guy will just shrug and move on, most people want closure or to be able to explain and/or get the last word.

If these types of people didn't care, there wouldn't be as many stories of people who cheat and then flip out when confronted and the cheatee has to block then everywhere because "I just want another chance/to explain!!!"

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Kitchner posted:

Plus she like literally fled the city.

I was actually believing it was true until she said that.

She moved back with her parents and attended a job interview with a company in a different city

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PancakeTransmission posted:

Lol if you think this guy will just shrug and move on, most people want closure or to be able to explain and/or get the last word.

If these types of people didn't care, there wouldn't be as many stories of people who cheat and then flip out when confronted and the cheatee has to block then everywhere because "I just want another chance/to explain!!!"

Yeah, if you go to r/relationships there are tons and tons of "my partner ghosted me, what do I do :(" posts

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

People itt not understanding confirmation bias

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for keeping a self hating black friend who I disagree with while having a black girlfriend?

For the record I am white. I have a friend who is light skin but he hates a lot of stuff about being black. He trashes black women and calls them “jungle apes, smelly etc.” He also says negative things about black people who are darker than him. I vocally disagree with him and call him out when he does this. Even have called him an Uncle Tom several times. My girlfriend is refusing to hang out with me after I told him about how my friends mom is disowning him for moving in with a white girl. I believe I can still be his friend and call him out for his bad stuff but my girlfriend doesn’t want to fw me because I have communication with him. Is she overreacting?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I almost wanted her to take a picture of her bf with his ex so that when he manages to track her down and beg her why, she could shove it in his face.

But then she wouldn't truly be cutting him out of her life entirely if she did that, by holding on to that one last memento.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for sending my parents a video of my sister doing drugs?

quote:

Throwaway.

I’m 18 , a senior in highschool, and my sister is 21, she’s in college.

My sister goes to a lot of raves, and music festivals. She doesn’t work, but she is graduating from college soon. My parents pay her rent and give her an allowance.

I don’t really go out much, and my sister really wanted me to go to a rave with her last weekend. I decided to try it and go with her. I had never even been to a party before this. We just told my parents that I was staying the night at her house.

Like three of her friends came with us to the rave. Before we went we all smoked a joint. I have tried weed a couple of times, so I was ok with it. Then her friends started snorting molly. It was going around, and I asked my sister “are you really going to do that?” She laughed at me and said yes. I as they were passing it around I snuck and recorded her. I pretended to be taking selfies.

At the end of the night, I sent the video to my parents. I was worried about her, and found her behavior alarming. By morning my parents were freaking. Out.

They called my sister a million times while we were asleep, then yelled at her on the phone. They told her that she is cut off, until she goes to a rehab facility. Then she had to move back home or they will cut her off entirely.

They wouldn’t even argue with her and are not paying her rent next month. She has a few weeks to pack, and go.

My sister immediately started yelling at me. She started calling me a snitch, and other names. She told me that she just took me out for pity, and that she hates me. She only does molly when she parties, and I saw her just dancing and having fun, so what was the problem? I told her that her behavior is worrying. I also danced and had fun. I didn’t need to snort drugs to do that. She said she is never speaking to me again. And kicked me out of her apartment. I had to take an Uber home.

My parents also grounded me for going to the rave. I was honest with them about smoking, and they just told me not to do it again. My sister said some very hurtful things to me, when I was just looking out for her. I was just worried about her. AITA for telling my parents what she was doing?

ETA: I am a girl. She/her.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

Sniiiiitch

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DemoneeHo posted:

Another broken family torn apart by D.A.R.E. When will our leaders do something about this epidemic that is consuming the once bright futures of our children???

HazCat
May 4, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

I almost wanted her to take a picture of her bf with his ex so that when he manages to track her down and beg her why, she could shove it in his face.

But then she wouldn't truly be cutting him out of her life entirely if she did that, by holding on to that one last memento.

She should have taken a picture and paired it with her "my ex and I are no longer dating" announcement. People are huge cowards when it comes to supporting people who've been cheated on, and giving them a clear cut "no this isn't a case of he-said-she-said, you have proof and have to make a definitive call about whether you support him cheating on me or not, because if you do then you're no friend of mine " would hopefully spare her a lot of bullshit.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

DemoneeHo posted:

I couldn't see a single NTA in the thread. Surprised it was so unanimous considering that the OP also posts on Reddit. Surely there are more hypocritical snitches on there??

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I'm a square but op should have talked to sister before going nuclear option.

I mean, I'm not even 100% sure what molly is other than a party drug, so it's hard for me to judge, but I feel like a 'hey, I'm worried about this, can we have a frank talk' is a reasonable step.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PetraCore posted:

I'm a square but op should have talked to sister before going nuclear option.

I mean, I'm not even 100% sure what molly is other than a party drug, so it's hard for me to judge, but I feel like a 'hey, I'm worried about this, can we have a frank talk' is a reasonable step.

its ecstasy

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I permanently cut off my “friends” if they do not attend my husband’s funeral?

quote:

My husband passed away unexpectedly on Saturday. Happy and healthy, talking to me and kissing and hugging me that morning, on the floor when I got home from work that evening, had been gone for hours. I am beyond traumatized.

There was a tremendous outpouring of support for the first 48 hours. Many of my “friends” asked me to let them know when they could come to visit, to not hesitate to talk to them, yadda yadda. Nobody will come to see me now and I’m getting very minimal responses when I reach out. There are a large number who I won’t even reach out to because they have been so flaky in the past and I don’t want their fake feel-good-about-themselves support.

I have three friends in a town an hour away who said immediately upon hearing that they would come to the services, either the visitation or the mass (two separate days). They’ve since talked and decided they aren’t coming but are sending flowers. I met these friends while I was in college- I went to a school in a town near theirs. They have “never really liked” my husband and have expressed that a few times over the years. I finished college and moved away from their town 5 years ago, and in those 5 years, have driven an hour to see them every couple of months, so, frequently. They have never once driven to see me. They have repeatedly said they will but they have not. One of them was supposed to be a bridesmaid for my wedding; she backed out due to anxiety. They are claiming that coming to the funeral would not be good for her anxiety, amongst some other bullshit excuses. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety so I know not to downplay the effects of mental health, but I also was nothing but supportive of her when she stepped down as my bridesmaid. She can’t drive, so when I come to visit, not only am I paying for the cost of travel to get to them, I am the one driving us around everywhere and swallowing that cost. I also have wound up paying for whatever we do countless times because of financial stress that doesn’t seem to come out until we are already somewhere. The point of this ramble is to demonstrate that I have gone above and beyond to maintain these friendships, which are feeling more and more one sided- they have no issue asking me to come visit constantly, but can never seem to come visit me.

I don’t think I can see them again if they do not make an appearance at one of the services for my husband this weekend. My husband encouraged me always to go see them because he thought it was important for me to spend time with my friends, and when I would get frustrated because I felt like I was being used by them, would tell me that I just have a bigger heart and that it’s not wrong to go that extra mile. It is insulting that they might not come to see him.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

HardDiskD posted:

its ecstasy

I thought you swallowed that?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Lone Badger posted:

Like many drugs there are more than one way to consume them. More specifically you're probably thinking of ecstasy tablets (which you can still crush and snort) but molly frequently refers to the MDMA powder which is just the stuff in the tablet in purer powdered form and easily snorted.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

nah you can snort the poweder/crystal form. I've done it, it isn't very pleasant, but it takes effect immediately.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kenshin posted:

nah you can snort the poweder/crystal form. I've done it, it isn't very pleasant, but it takes effect immediately.

Isn't the whole point of MDMA a low-level sustained high that you can enjoy while doing other things?

Edit: it's me. I am the old, disapproving of how kids today do things.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I permanently cut off my “friends” if they do not attend my husband’s funeral?

Once you put ‘friends’ in quotes it’s already decided.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

1redflag posted:

The actual writer replies and said he tore down the earth trying to get contact with her.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

The Lone Badger posted:

Isn't the whole point of MDMA a low-level sustained high that you can enjoy while doing other things?

Low-level? Nah it makes you love everybody and pet everything in sight

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

The actual writer replies and said he tore down the earth trying to get contact with her.

How would she know that?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress Your Website posted:

How would she know that?

by him having a level of success? Parents and friends going "Hey your boyfriend tried to get to you through us, he was really freaked out."

It's not that complicated. People around her exist who did not vanish.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm not one to peer pressure people into doing drugs but you should really do drugs op.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

by him having a level of success? Parents and friends going "Hey your boyfriend tried to get to you through us, he was really freaked out."

It's not that complicated. People around her exist who did not vanish.

Mmmaybe. That ‘confessions’ stuff is nearly always just bad writing and this smells like more of it to me though.

Here is a story as tax for commenting that something seems obviously fake:

My boyfriend [33m] gets angry when I [26f] ask about his future plans.

quote:

My boyfriend got laid off 3 months ago. He was excited to "cruise on unemployment" and decided to do that instead of talk to me about his plans. We were in the middle of looking for a house. That's now on hold. He had to move into my 750sqft apartment to be able to afford his bills. I asked him what his plans were a few weeks after the layoff and he got extremely upset. Since then he has spiralled into a depression. I feel like nothing that I do or say has any effect on him except to make him upset. He refuses to talk to me about his future plans, even to provide me with a base timeline for when he will start applying for jobs. Every time I bring it up, he says that I'm not being supportive and that I only care about what works for me and that we aren't compatible. I've given him time and space. I try to cheer him up if I can tell that it's a particularly bad day. It's hard though because he keeps me completely in the dark about what's going on. Admittedly, his refusal to talk to me has led to a shut down of physical touch. He can't open up to me and I've started to shut down in response to that. We had dreams and plans and I feel like he made the choice to put those on hold without me, and it's led to a dark path for both of us. How can I fix this?

tl;dr my depressed boyfriend gets upset when I ask when he's getting off of unemployment. What do I do?

From the top comment:

quote:

Why do so many women on here stay with older losers?!?

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 13, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Inceltown posted:

I'm not one to peer pressure people into doing drugs but you should really do drugs op.

I was disapproving of their ROA until I realised I was just being a fossil, not the drugs themselves.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I tell a bride that my quartet can't play for her wedding?

quote:

Getting right to the point, my quartet and I are all juniors in high school. We're all just friends who do concerts and events together when we need to be part of an ensemble, nothing too huge. In September, my old English teacher had reached out to me and asked me if my quartet and I were willing to play for his best friend's wedding, which is set on the 28th of March. After consulting with my quartet, I accepted and met with the bride a few weeks later over coffee. She was really into the idea of having students from her old high school play at her wedding during cocktail hour. She seemed excited and told me that she'd be willing to pay our quartet whatever money we needed/asked for, including gas (we live about an hour and a half away from the venue). Since I have never played at a wedding before, I had no idea what kind of money my quartet and I were going to charge, so I told her that I'd discuss it with my music directors and quartet, and we both went on our merry ways.

fast-forward to November. I messaged her the calculated price, which turned out as $430. My directors had told me that student quartets should be paid minimum $100 apiece per hour, since it was our time and resources that were also being used. amateur quartets are usually paid around $600 per hour, so we all agreed that this was still a pretty good deal.

annnnnd nothing. no messages, no calls. I tried to respect her space and just assumed that she was busy with wedding plans since she had told me that she didn't have a planner. The bride didn't message me until a few weeks ago when I finally ripped the bandaid off clean and contacted her. her response basically said "I'm already overbudget and $430 is way more than I thought, since you guys are students and all." I was confused; mostly because she's supposed to be the adult in this situation and take control of her own wedding by responding to vendors and entertainment, but also because she assumed that, because we're students, we would play for a low price. Her proposed "compromise" was "around $250."

I don't really care about the money in all honesty, but the fact that she's trying to lowball us because we're students makes me so angry. you're paying for classical music to be played for an hour and a half at a wedding. you're also taking up four teenagers' time and spring break for about 4 hours.

The problem is, my two favorite teachers are her best friends and are expecting my quartet to be at the wedding. If I explain the whole thing to them, I feel like they'll think I'm only in it for the money and am being a brat.

I really like this woman and think that she's nice and fun to talk to, but I don't like that she's downplaying my quartet and our skills. so WIBTA if I told her that I refuse to play at her wedding?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

Be gay as well if you're going to go on a journey of self-improvement.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

cumshitter posted:

Be gay as well if you're going to go on a journey of self-improvement.

good news!

Please help. I'm devastated. Just found out my (28f) husband (32m) is addicted to gayporn.

I never thought I'd be asking people on the internet this question. I'm shaking and can barely see so excuse any typos.

Husband had trouble getting it up last week. I wrote it off, didn't think about it, that was the end. Something has been bothering me and he told me yesterday he liked looking at gay porn. I asked him if he were gay which he denies but says it's just more real then regular porn. I am open and honest and understanding and say that it's okay and that sexuality is fluid and we work through it. He told me this exploration was around 15 years old. I stupidly thought he thought about it but didn't still watch. Today he told me that he watches porn all the time, even at work. I lost it emotionally but told him we will work through it. He said when he leaves early for work it is because he downstairs watching. I'm hysterically crying typing this. I don't know what to do. I'm not even sure I want to live. I feel like I'm not good enough and feel betrayed. I don't know what to do. I'm a mess. Thank you Reddit.

TL:dr: husband has a gay porn addiction but says he isn't gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Gay pornography isn't a drug, it's the cure. Fly free, gay husband.