Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

When I hold in a big hit I do this stifled sneeze type snort every couple seconds until I let it out, basically keeping myself from coughing

I think I used to be able to focus my mind on a point in space or some poo poo and not cough at all, but not anymore. Coughing after a huge hit feels good. Just don't cough while there's still a trace of weed smoke in your lungs, you will loving pay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
To a point,. coughing is kind of fun and maybe it's the air deprivation but I feel like I get at least a little bit higher if I spend a couple moments hacking.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i try to avoid coughing in general, but after a huge hit i will try to do a few small coughs to clear my lungs

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i found a study today about vaping.

quote:

One of the first vapourizer experiments compared the emissions from multiple samples of vapourized or combusted research-grade cannabis (18).The vapour formed in the gas phase of vapourization of cannabis is composed overwhelmingly of cannabinoids with no significant pyrolytic compounds. Only trace amounts of three other compounds were found, including the terpene caryophyllene and two other substances of undetermined origin. Analysis of the smoke produced through the burned cannabis method, however, resulted in a much lower ratio of cannabinoids to overall gas space (12% of the total mass compared with 94.8%), with 111 total detectable compounds. Five of these byproducts of combustion were known polynuculear aromatic hydrocarbons, organic pollutants with known toxic and carcinogenic effects. The findings suggest that vapourization reduces the delivery of toxic byproducts associated with the use of smoked cannabis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4456813/

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
good day to figure out that I only really needed like half of what I was putting in the vaporizer

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
The hell is research-grade weed.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Agrinja posted:

The hell is research-grade weed.

up until last August, so probably before this study was complete, it was this:

lol. The finest grass grown in the great state of Mississippi!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Extremely paranoid about the neighbors hearing us coughing from bong hits and assuming we are a plague vector

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Guys

I'm real high

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Squalid posted:

Yard trimmings. :(

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I want to live in a world where research grade weed is so high tier the scientists can't keep off it.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

just stocked up

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Did you go to a dispensary? How busy was it if so?

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

Squalid posted:

If that's weed then this catnip I'm smoking is off the CHAIN

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My gf is taking a month tolerance break so I've been trying to dial it back so she doesn't have to watch me get high without her. Seems like a bad time to do it with the quarantine and all...

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Think of it as allowing her to get high vicariously through you

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

My gf is taking a month tolerance break so I've been trying to dial it back so she doesn't have to watch me get high without her. Seems like a bad time to do it with the quarantine and all...

Sneak edibles and say nothing.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Did you go to a dispensary? How busy was it if so?

Yes! There were several people attempting to enter who didn't understand DC marijuana laws and that the dispensaries are medical. Then when I got into the dispensary proper, there were several other customers: usually it's a pretty slow pace. The budtender told me that they had had dozens of pre-orders just that morning. So yeah, everyone's stocking up. I got a bottle of an indica tincture, a 1/4 oz of a new hybrid, and an 1/8 of sativa, which should last me like six weeks. Successful trip imo.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

Yes! There were several people attempting to enter who didn't understand DC marijuana laws and that the dispensaries are medical. Then when I got into the dispensary proper, there were several other customers: usually it's a pretty slow pace. The budtender told me that they had had dozens of pre-orders just that morning. So yeah, everyone's stocking up. I got a bottle of an indica tincture, a 1/4 oz of a new hybrid, and an 1/8 of sativa, which should last me like six weeks. Successful trip imo.

Nice. I kinda wanna try out vaping so I think I'm gonna go to the dispensary tomorrow and see what disposable pens they have. I still have a couple grams left over of some strong sativa so I should be good for awhile.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Favorite vaporizer under $100 (is this possible?) and available on Amazon?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

jet sanchEz posted:

I'm curious, too. I do know that things tend to go on sale in a big way come 4/20.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
my delivery service is the real mvp right now

though homie coming through with the sars mask on was offputting

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I feel a little weird expressing here of all places that I think about 3 beers really gets the weed going.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Also a few nips of whisky.

Had the perfect buzz last night of beer/weed/whisky.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I wish I hadn’t put off getting edibles. I’d like to be high so that being sick is a little less miserable but vaping makes me cough normally, I can’t imagine it’d be good while I’m coughing up a lung.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

jet sanchEz posted:

Are you looking for a tabletop or a portable vape?
The portable one I have is from here (not amazon), and I love it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Are people worried about the whole lung damage thing from vaping? Is it basically just don't buy from black market stuff? Do any of the actual reputable makers put that vitamin e stuff in their carts?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are people worried about the whole lung damage thing from vaping? Is it basically just don't buy from black market stuff?

The dispensary near me has a bunch of things on their site about how all their concentrate has been tested for vitamin e acetate and whatnot. Legit stuff should be fine.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I haven't found a cart that puts me where weed does. With the carts it just feels different.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

No body high, I don’t like it.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are people worried about the whole lung damage thing from vaping? Is it basically just don't buy from black market stuff? Do any of the actual reputable makers put that vitamin e stuff in their carts?

I don't know how many people are vaping concentrates vs vaping herb.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Thanks for the responses... I'll pick up a disposable pen tonight and see what I think

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I only vape dry herb

red19fire
May 26, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

I only vape dry herb

Hell yeah Tangerine Quarantine Dream 24/7 gang.

[url=https://ardentcannabis.com]Does anyone have experience with these auto carboxylizers? I saw a bunch of reviews saying it’s the best thing ever, then one guy in nj on YouTube said it stunk up his house and didn’t work right.

I want to make canna-ghee so badly. Gheed?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Just seems too expensive. I’ve been tossing my poo poo in the oven at 200f for an hour to an hour and a half.

Seems to be working, I’m high as gently caress off some olive oil right now.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Seems like a pretty expensive toaster oven but it's probably pretty convenient if you do it all the time

TesseractMinotaur
Nov 6, 2012
1. Finely grind your bud. 2. Spread it on a piece of aluminum foil. It should make for a thin layer. 3. Fold the edges so it completely covers the bud, but doesn't compact the bud. Rip off a second sheet and do the same so no vampor will escape, but don't make it too tight. Preheat the over for 240 degrees. Once it's at 240, toss in the foil package. Wait 40 minutes. When you take it out the bud should be light brown.
Congrats! Now cook that with something fatty. Try to cook lower and longer if your recipe ask for heat over 325. Enjoy!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

I only vape dry herb

yeah i picked up a fury edge a few weeks ago and i don't see myself going back to pipes/1 hitters

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I took too deep of a pull off of that disposable pen last night. It basically knocked me prone, where every small movement required so much thought and effort that it wasn't worth trying to get up again. Taking my comfy off was a herculean task. I can see what you guys were saying about it being a different kind of high though. I'll probably end up sticking to flower after I finish the pen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I smoke exclusively from a damaged chillum and it's just the right amount to be a lil high and I can't go back to being higher or it ruins my life I hate becoming less cool