Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

The thing that gets me is how the “dystopia” world doesn’t really seem that bad and Fingal is just a massive manbaby. His whole motivation is he wants to creep on women and watch movies at work, but the evil corporation won’t let him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Bang bang bang Watchtower dammit!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Did I imagine it Mike, or did a chubby angel with gin blossoms just visit us?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Those drat thugs, giving him a towel! :argh:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Were we just yelled at by a pork roast?"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DeborahAnnWoll/status/1239683448157044742?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
were they butterballs?

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

"They don't call me, CARL, for nothing."

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
"My glasses are filthy."

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
That’ll put some sookie in yer dookie!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"This is a prototype of the Baxter radio that was in the XJ-2"
"You can only use it if you leave Robert Denby alone"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wahooo, oh sorry, that was inappropriate.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Sam, my patent papers are at a slight incline; what's going on?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lucky guy, he's about to find out I'm Ben Murphy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This can't BE! You're DEAD!
No, I'm NOT!

Crooow!
Dec 7, 2005

Abortions for some, tiny American flags for others!
Sam, I've been blow to several thousand bits but I have to finish these patent papers!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
I'll just do a quick pinch hit, pop in some Deep Purple on the 8-track, and get this top secret government show on the road!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

This can't BE! You're DEAD!
No, I'm NOT!

This can't BE! He's inVISiBLE?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
RIP Lyle Waggoner. Starred in Catalina Caper but most known for work on the Carol Burnett Show and his role of Steve Trevor in the Wonder Woman TV series.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Jose Oquendo posted:

RIP Lyle Waggoner. Starred in Catalina Caper but most known for work on the Carol Burnett Show and his role of Steve Trevor in the Wonder Woman TV series.

He’s a total jerk, second only to Tommy Kirk

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

tankadillo posted:

The thing that gets me is how the “dystopia” world doesn’t really seem that bad and Fingal is just a massive manbaby. His whole motivation is he wants to creep on women and watch movies at work, but the evil corporation won’t let him!

Apparently the future takes data security pretty seriously and losing one guy's cube causes massive problems in the stock market that, for reasons I can't figure out, threaten the Bad Guys ability to rule the world?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Sash! posted:

Apparently the future takes data security pretty seriously and losing one guy's cube causes massive problems in the stock market that, for reasons I can't figure out, threaten the Bad Guys ability to rule the world?

I dunno, considering they let the kids' school group right into the dopplerating room with mustard on their hands, right next to people's exposed brains, I'm gonna guess the people running Fingal's dystopia are about as smart as the people running our current one. :v:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

This can't BE! He's inVISiBLE?

OP-TI-CAL ILLUUUUUUSION!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I dunno, considering they let the kids' school group right into the dopplerating room with mustard on their hands, right next to people's exposed brains, I'm gonna guess the people running Fingal's dystopia are about as smart as the people running our current one. :v:

Is it SEXY?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Finding out that Deborah Ann Woll is not only a giant MST3K nerd but has also done skits and riffs with them has made my heart grow three sizes today. A little bit of positivity among the chaos.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

MASTER NINJA THEME SONG!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A reminder, the actual "Master Ninja Theme Song" was take from a Bond film and it slaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAZp_wbv0h4

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's still fascinating to me Van Patten went on to win Emmys.

But it's all part... of the VAN PATTEN PROJECT.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, the only movie I think MST3K has ever actually hurt the quality of has been, of all films, Zaat. AKA Blood Waters of Doctor Z

So much of what makes that movie work is how deep you go into the head of the main character(Zaat himself) due to his inner monologue, and how he's the only character on screen for like the first twenty minutes. You completely understand and relate to a mad scientist who's SUPER stoked to become a walking catfish.

You lose that with Mike and the bots talking over it, some how

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Burkion posted:

You know, the only movie I think MST3K has ever actually hurt the quality of has been, of all films, Zaat. AKA Blood Waters of Doctor Z

So much of what makes that movie work is how deep you go into the head of the main character(Zaat himself) due to his inner monologue, and how he's the only character on screen for like the first twenty minutes. You completely understand and relate to a mad scientist who's SUPER stoked to become a walking catfish.

You lose that with Mike and the bots talking over it, some how

He just really needs to simplify his masturbation ritual.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

This evening I sat my self-quarantined rear end down to watch MST3K, only to discover that all the old episodes from previous seasons seem to be gone from Netflix. :(

I consoled myself by watching Mac and Me, even though it kind of felt like cheating not to watch the rest of THE GAUNTLET immediately afterward.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Powered Descent posted:

This evening I sat my self-quarantined rear end down to watch MST3K, only to discover that all the old episodes from previous seasons seem to be gone from Netflix. :(

I consoled myself by watching Mac and Me, even though it kind of felt like cheating not to watch the rest of THE GAUNTLET immediately afterward.

http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/film/mst3k

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Keep Circulating the Link!

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

"I shouldn't have laughed my way through small-mammal wrestling back at the academy."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Powered Descent posted:

vrv.co also has a TON of mst3k for free and ublock origin usually stops the ads.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Also theres twitch.com/rifftrax and /mst3k

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

You have made my morning. Thanks for the links! :)

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
It's been a rough week so far (there have been at least 24,560 days in this week alone...feel like it anyway), and just the rando lines from Riding with Death have me in stitches (not to mention [various eating/Fatman noises] which never, ever fail to set me off).

Time to get my groove on, turkeys, and revisit smooth Ben Murphy :smug:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I feel like we'll get through this coronavirus thing just fine if we just Ben Murphy it up...

Keep on keepin' on ya turkeys! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
My virus, my way :smug: