Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Control dlc is out on PC, nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

axelblaze posted:

I would have tried Arms by now if first party Nintendo games ever went down in price. Despite it being the flip of the Switch launch, it has not gone down in price
My desperation for content has me wondering if I should just buy like $1000 on a Switch + games, which would be more money than I've spent on any singular purchase

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

axelblaze posted:

I would have tried Arms by now if first party Nintendo games ever went down in price. Despite it being the flip of the Switch launch, it has not gone down in price

I am in the same boat. Happy Nintendo is offering the game for free until next week.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Is Control good? I skipped a their last game the television tie in one. Man that was a weird era.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

al-azad posted:

Is Control good? I skipped a their last game the television tie in one. Man that was a weird era.

The combat is eh and it uses Souls style bonfire checkpoints for no reason but the weird off-kilter atmosphere is top notch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Downloading ARMS trial now, was also hoping for a discount on the full game but no go. Nintendo is bad about discounts lol. They aren't even updating the game anymore are they? Also downloading the demo for Bravely Default II, and purchased Panzer Dragoon Remake.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

It has some very lovely difficulty spikes but it's worth it due to Remedy's unique writing.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I said come in! posted:

Downloading ARMS trial now, was also hoping for a discount on the full game but no go. Nintendo is bad about discounts lol. They aren't even updating the game anymore are they? Also downloading the demo for Bravely Default II, and purchased Panzer Dragoon Remake.

Arms has been on sale a bunch, bet it does again when the character drops.

But for all new comers, the only pro tip i can give is use the custom control option. It lets you bind literally every button on a joycon, including the extra s buttons and the sensitivity of the gyros. I have a hybrid motion + button control scheme that's pretty effective.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Also with Arms just FYI you can play it without the motion controls

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh you guys got me all interested in checking out the panzer dragoon remake but it's just for an nintendos. what's the price point set at though?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Also with Arms just FYI you can play it without the motion controls
there is one move that you can't do without motion controls though, but idk if that factors into the Competitive ARMS scene. it's a fun move though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

oh you guys got me all interested in checking out the panzer dragoon remake but it's just for an nintendos. what's the price point set at though?
$20 I think. all the stuff that came out today is $20, including jedi academy lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

homeless snail posted:

there is one move that you can't do without motion controls though, but idk if that factors into the Competitive ARMS scene. it's a fun move though

Nothing factors into the competitive ARMS scene because there is none.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

homeless snail posted:

$20 I think. all the stuff that came out today is $20, including jedi academy lmao

It's $25

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

$25 on Switch. It's a complete remake of the game, including an entirely redone soundtrack by the original artist that created it for the Sega Saturn release, i'm very excited for hearing that.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Nothing factors into the competitive ARMS scene because there is none.
we're gonna start it right here right now, the games chat thread arms tournament has begun

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

homeless snail posted:

You're also able to have more control over your individual arms instead of mostly straight punches. No one has been able to step to the director who only uses motion, not even the tourney champs.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Awesome Animals posted:

Good Job! seems like my kind of game. I think that says a lot about me.

There is no way the Smash community is going to be happy about fighter #6.

Most people seem to be okay with the news about fighter #6.

It's in general that some are being poopy-pants.

You thought actually getting a direct would make them stop crying about a direct?

You thought wrong!

quote:

Let me see...

Where is Zelda?
Where is Bayonetta 3?
Where is that series with a woman in a robotic suit? I can´t remember the name

I do get it is a Mini one and not a general but also, any update on No More Heroes 3, a game that is supposedly coming out this year, neither the more than rumored Wii U ports and the one more thing was about the Pokemon DLC. Are you loving kidding me?

What a giant piece of crap.

Now the want for the REAL Direct begins. No more fake Directs for them, no bootlegs.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

al-azad posted:

It’s very good. Quantum Break was kind of a weird one, but you should dig Control if you like Remedy’s output. I platinumed it, really really enjoyed it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol ResetEra is full of miserable assholes. Like, Somethingawful gets its occasional goon that has a meltdown over video game announcements, but it seems like every single person on ResetEra is like this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
ResetEra had a rule that you were literally not allowed to say anything positive about the gameplay of Kingdom Come in the gameplay thread for it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pretty sure i already made a kingdom cum joke but i don't think i did "king dom cum"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yet another direct with no announcement of Solomon no Kagi 3: Doublemintou. YOU'VE MADE A POWERFUL ENEMY TODAY "NINTENDO", IF YOU CAN EVEN CALL YOURSELF THAT.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Most people seem to be okay with the news about fighter #6.

It's in general that some are being poopy-pants.

You thought actually getting a direct would make them stop crying about a direct?

You thought wrong!

Now the want for the REAL Direct begins. No more fake Directs for them, no bootlegs.

Do these people not realize the current state of the world at the moment? I'm surprised we even got a direct at all.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess with Smash some people will only be happy with 3rd party characters at this point

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

resetera is bizzaro SA, games side is way too into the business of video games, and their gbs is full of liz lads. its even worse than gaf used to be

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Araxxor posted:

Do these people not realize the current state of the world at the moment? I'm surprised we even got a direct at all.

Yeah this, I am glad we got anything at all. I was fully expecting Nintendo would be quiet until at least around when E3 was suppose to happen. And to be honest the announcements today were all really good.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

homeless snail posted:

resetera is bizzaro SA, games side is way too into the business of video games, and their gbs is full of liz lads. its even worse than gaf used to be

it's the split between having to have a paid email address and just having to pay :10bux:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

I like how their account creation process doesn't allow for free e-mail accounts like gmail, but then their support email directs to a gmail account.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's the circle of Nintendo fans convincing themselves that something is going to happen based on no evidence and blaming Nintendo when the thing they never said was going to happen doesn't happen.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

liz... lads?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

It's the circle of Nintendo fans convincing themselves that something is going to happen based on no evidence and blaming Nintendo when the thing they never said was going to happen doesn't happen.
oh so like how all 12 stadia gamers were convinced that doom 2016 was going to come out at the same time as the new one and were very excited about it, then all got pissed off when it didn't happen

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Stux posted:

im already sad eizouken is finished and will patiently await a second season

You don't have to wait that long for more Eizouken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRUQTxkU6l4

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

whats Eizouken is it better than hate watching ZZ Gundam because I said I was going to watch the entire Gundam catalog in release order

ZZ Gundam is good though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

precision posted:

liz... lads?
people irrationally excited about elizabeth warren, see k-hive, yanggang, buttibuddies

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm more than likely gonna stream this in adtrw when it gets subbed, if anyone wants to watch it. i'm way into japanese dramas this year

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

ResetEra had a rule that you were literally not allowed to say anything positive about the gameplay of Kingdom Come in the gameplay thread for it

in that case though its impossible to break that rule anyway

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think a fire emblem and an arms arent very exciting smash chars to me but also i didnt buy any of the dlc passes anyway so its whatever. ill probably get joker by himself eventually, the only other one i care about really is bk but i dont think id like their moveset so im not bothered about having them

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

homeless snail posted:

oh so like how all 12 stadia gamers were convinced that doom 2016 was going to come out at the same time as the new one and were very excited about it, then all got pissed off when it didn't happen

Exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Araxxor posted:

Because Japan had tried to be all "Everything here is fine, it's fine." until like, a few days ago when the Olympics were finally postponed they thought that was the sentiment for every Japanese citizen as well.