Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1243246487850627074?s=20

so we are going to blow a 9.8 billion dollar hole in the budget even with deferring the pst decrease... hmmmm

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

so we are going to blow a 9.8 billion dollar hole in the budget even with deferring the pst decrease... hmmmm

better close some hospitals to plug that hole in the budget imo

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

based on my quick napkin math

the government had budgeted a 200 million deficit this year
they are deferring the pst decrease which on a good year adds 300 million back into the budget
manitoba currently has 527 million in the rainy day fund
so we have about 600 million extra to spend this year without running a deficit

so somewhere in all the money brain pallister is expecting to spend/lose revenues of 10.6 billion???????????????????

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

either this rear end in a top hat is setting himself up to be like "oh we only spent 2 billion because we are so good" or we are going to spend 10 billion then sell hydro to get it back

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS

DariusLikewise posted:

love watching live streams of this loving podium everyday, waiting for the pm to emerge like the shittiest version of groundhog day forever

dear leader graces us with the privilege of waiting for him to say nothing of substance once a day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the podium is pretty informative though, it's got that url on it and everything.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
that has got to be the laziest french url conversion ive ever seen

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
also brave to make corona-chan masculine

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

vyelkin posted:

that has got to be the laziest french url conversion ive ever seen

I'm going to sue because the English link isn't "the-coronavirus"

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

DariusLikewise posted:

Hmm so gutting my sector of work and putting tons of my friends out of work or super stressed due to cutbacks DIDN'T help? And now we are still in the hole. Hmmmm

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

This made me laugh

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health/coronavirus/emergency-benefits-what-each-province-is-offering-during-the-covid-19-pandemic-1.4869158

quote:

Manitoba: As of March 26, the Manitoba government has not announced any specific direct financial assistance for residents affected by COVID-19.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lxwLHRKaB0

Naomi Klein and others live. Check it out!

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

Another Bill posted:

I can't wait for the Conservatives to lose the next election and blame it on the Coronavirus effecting the leadership race instead of their terrible policies

first anime now this

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Rutibex posted:

No its not. You should be disinfecting anything you get from the store/delivered and ideally leaving it in the garage for several days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjDuwc9KBps

Came across this thread today so I thought I'd pass it along.
https://twitter.com/bugcounter/status/1243319180851580929?s=19

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Today is a crack ping day for me. I work in health care with vulnerable people. I am silently, and not so silently, screaming at why there is traffic. Why people are still ordering food and jogging. Etc.

I need food to live because I'm a human

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m has issued a correction as of 12:44 on Mar 27, 2020

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Hmm so gutting my sector of work and putting tons of my friends out of work or super stressed due to cutbacks DIDN'T help? And now we are still in the hole. Hmmmm

apparently we put a billion dollars into the rainy day fund over the past 4 years somehow, in those 4 years where the deficit was exactly a billion but the deficit was the reason we needed to go scorched earth on healthcare :thunk:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:o:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Jun 20, 2021

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

dont worry manitoba is getting another app, but for mental health

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

10% to 75% wage subsidy pretty big

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

still doesn't help all the people from the tarsands who got laid off ages ago and haven't been able to find work because who hires tarsand workers except the tarsands

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:nsa:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Jun 20, 2021

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

blatman posted:

still doesn't help all the people from the tarsands who got laid off ages ago and haven't been able to find work because who hires tarsand workers except the tarsands

Going off my friend group: Diamond mines in the arctic, potash mines in SK, reenlisting in the Army

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Hope everyone is doing well and not going too stir crazy with the social distancing. I can feel myself starting to lose it because Im starting to think I should be reading more philosophy with all my newfound free time

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Nine of Eight posted:

Incompetence pandemic:
Phoenix pay system to be used to send cheques to Canadians

Don't joke about this they totally might!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Going off my friend group: Diamond mines in the arctic, potash mines in SK, reenlisting in the Army

From mine I have one bush pilot and one that's definitely involved in a pyramid scheme (Herbalife) and he's the only one that doesn't know it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
cancelled my car insurance. feels great man. BC has frozen rent increases, saving me 27 dollars in May. and save-on foods has stopped charging for plastic bags. things are looking up up up UP!!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Thanks Doug!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
now post the french version they send two minutes later as a separate alert

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

This 10% to 75% might be the difference between my partner being on forced paid leave or back on at full pay.

NDP seems to be claiming it was their idea and that they pushed Trudeau to do it. if so, thanks Singh?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Day 15 of my quarantine, eagerly awaiting my freedom day next week only to be told day of I need to be shuttered back inside before I get a chance to do anything

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ARACHTION posted:

This 10% to 75% might be the difference between my partner being on forced paid leave or back on at full pay.

NDP seems to be claiming it was their idea and that they pushed Trudeau to do it. if so, thanks Singh?

Well, Singh did tweet earlier this week pushing for it, so... yeah, I think it's fair to give them the credit on this.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Imagine if we had a courageous NDP and they still had a per-ballot stipend...

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

It is beautiful* outside here. So of course everyone is out driving in a city that is mostly shutdown like ants. Meanwhile in healthcare we got quasi-fearful messaging today prepping is for the worst because people are stupid.

* +7 which for Manitoba....

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

It is beautiful* outside here.
* +7 which for Manitoba....

Yes, I am going to go out for my state sanctioned walk soon

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

weve been going for walks around 6 every night. brandon is a ghost town in the best of times so anytime is fine really. im more worried that superstore changed their grocery pickup rules so now im going to have to go into the store

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DariusLikewise posted:

weve been going for walks around 6 every night. brandon is a ghost town in the best of times so anytime is fine really. im more worried that superstore changed their grocery pickup rules so now im going to have to go into the store

what

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

https://www.todayville.com/alberta-...than-15-people/

At least landlords won't be evicting people until May.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

its been booking out for like two weeks here so weve been making bookings early with grocery staples then editing once the flyer comes out. its changing so you cant edit beyond your original order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It almost looks like the CAF is on the verge of stop-loss.