Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

FBS posted:

Man I moved my house to the top of a mountain in the very NE corner of my island, far away from everyone else because that's where I'd want to live IRL. Boy does it suck to have to run all the way over there to access my storage though. Hopefully it's not so bad after a week or two of ramp building.

Lol I did the same thing, at the top of a big waterfall but I gotta climb to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I'm at the point where I just finished the campsite. I've read that I should expect a smug camper tomorrow, is there any way to influence who it is?

Otherwise, can I just ignore them and wait for a new camper if I don't like them?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

FBS posted:

Man I moved my house to the top of a mountain in the very NE corner of my island, far away from everyone else because that's where I'd want to live IRL. Boy does it suck to have to run all the way over there to access my storage though. Hopefully it's not so bad after a week or two of ramp building.

Haha I thought about trying for somewhere scenic but I'm already tired of running a third of the way across my island to get to my house storage, if I move anywhere it's going to be to the most centrally accessible spot possible :effort:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Anyone have an island with good turnip prices?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So I assume the fancy Island DIY stuff that was shown off in the trailer isn't some "remold the island instantly as you see fit" thing and actually costs money and/or materials for every change you make?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Huh, well here's something I didn't know could happen. Just was visiting C.E. Croix's island, bothering their villagers, like I do. Got to Drift the frog, who was hammering furiously at his workbench. Talked to him a couple times and he said he was making a Beekeeping Hive and offered to teach me the recipe!

I've had my own villagers do that, but I didn't know you could learn recipes from other people's villagers! That's cool.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

Huh, well here's something I didn't know could happen. Just was visiting C.E. Croix's island, bothering their villagers, like I do. Got to Drift the frog, who was hammering furiously at his workbench. Talked to him a couple times and he said he was making a Beekeeping Hive and offered to teach me the recipe!

I've had my own villagers do that, but I didn't know you could learn recipes from other people's villagers! That's cool.

He gave you the gift of bees!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I just finished celebrating a birthday with a bunch of friend in AC and we're moving on to jackbox and I think it may be the best birthday I've ever had?

This game is intense.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Dad Jokes posted:

I'm at the point where I just finished the campsite. I've read that I should expect a smug camper tomorrow, is there any way to influence who it is?

Otherwise, can I just ignore them and wait for a new camper if I don't like them?
seconding this question, cos' I want Raymond

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

PantsBandit posted:

I just finished celebrating a birthday with a bunch of friend in AC and we're moving on to jackbox and I think it may be the best birthday I've ever had?

This game is intense.

:toot: :jpmf: :toot:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I love the 7 pm theme a lot

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

C. E. Croix posted:

Gonna leave my island open for a bit while I play other games. I've also got Sahara. Dodo 4M37N.

Also, this game is understanding my mood...

Working at the grocery store today just wiped me out and it's pretty freaky Megan just brings this up.

Edit: Gates closed! Thanks for stopping by and also thank you guys for brightening my day.

Thanks for having us. I touched all your stuff... you should probably disinfect.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

found celeste and got a recipe for aries rocking chair. p neat

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Three Hour Tour is open! Come hang out, Northern Hemisphere, 6PM, clear skies. Got a sister selling clothes, Turnips are 149 Bells, we got apples. Hot item is Tire Toy. Dodo code 139M4, everyone is welcome~!
If anyone has an Orange TV I will gladly trade for an Apple TV

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Casu Marzu posted:

:kimchi: Thanks to whoever gifted me a pear wardrobe when they visited, it is very adorable

You're welcome! There's a matching pear bed but I was a few pears short off being able to make it.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Two of my villagers have been singing to "DJ KK" in the town square for an hour and a half. I even went to a Nook Miles island and back and they were still at it. (I have a stereo next to the square playing it - you can even change songs and they sing to that).

Does the shop ever sell other flower types? I'd like to get some windflowers and pansies but it only ever seems to vary the colour of the same 3 (mums, cosmos and roses) over and over.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Three Hour Tour is open! Come hang out, Northern Hemisphere, 6PM, clear skies. Got a sister selling clothes, Turnips are 149 Bells, we got apples. Hot item is Tire Toy. Dodo code 139M4, everyone is welcome~!

Coming in! I'm Captain K.

Edit Thanks! Just left.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 28, 2020

ToiletKitty
Aug 8, 2007

Kiwillian posted:

Two of my villagers have been singing to "DJ KK" in the town square for an hour and a half. I even went to a Nook Miles island and back and they were still at it. (I have a stereo next to the square playing it - you can even change songs and they sing to that).

Does the shop ever sell other flower types? I'd like to get some windflowers and pansies but it only ever seems to vary the colour of the same 3 (mums, cosmos and roses) over and over.

I can get you some white and red pansy seeds if you'd like. Can I have some rose bags? Just tell me how many you want, and your dodo code :)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

I have tons of pics that I will share at some point. Put together a costume contest and an obstacle course and it ended up soooo good.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

ToiletKitty posted:

I can get you some white and red pansy seeds if you'd like. Can I have some rose bags? Just tell me how many you want, and your dodo code :)

My shop has red and yellow rose seeds today so you can buy as many as you like :) I'll open up for a bit for anyone else who wants to drop by. Dodocode is GF8QR.

edit: forgot to ask, is 5 of each ok for you to bring?

edit2: I'm Southern Hemisphere

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 28, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm +2 days due to bouncing forward to get resident services/hourly music but I can 100% confirm that it shouldn't take more than 10 days to get terraforming. I built the campsite, got Tex to move in and set up a few lots and Isabelle basically told me that I had 3 stars right away the second the penguin moved in. Hell I've been getting villagers still moving in for the past few days still and I have it.

Also not sure if I'm lucky or not but Able Sisters are opening up tomorrow? Unless they do the whole tent thing. She showed up every other day for me it seemed and after buying out her stock she handed me a moving kit when I talked with her tonight. Set it up and she didn't say if it would be a one day deal or two

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm +2 days due to bouncing forward to get resident services/hourly music but I can 100% confirm that it shouldn't take more than 10 days to get terraforming. I built the campsite, got Tex to move in and set up a few lots and Isabelle basically told me that I had 3 stars right away the second the penguin moved in. Hell I've been getting villagers still moving in for the past few days still and I have it.

when did your sixth villager start moving in and did you get to choose them from islands?

i've been stuck at five with no randos on islands and my villagers all SUCK

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Thanks for the marimba, bud!

e: donated a bit for your staircase <3

FBS fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 28, 2020

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Mordiceius posted:

Anyone have an island with good turnip prices?

seconding this

Sunday is approaching fast!

ToiletKitty
Aug 8, 2007

Kiwillian posted:

My shop has red and yellow rose seeds today so you can buy as many as you like :) I'll open up for a bit for anyone else who wants to drop by. Dodocode is GF8QR.

Sure, 5 of each is great. I'm on my way. The name is Marce.

EDIT: Thank you very much!

ToiletKitty fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 28, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The White Dragon posted:

when did your sixth villager start moving in and did you get to choose them from islands?

Basically Tex (My smug campsite tutorial villager) moved in and I built a empty lot to go get another villager. Friend of mine is a Time Travel addict so the empty lot got claimed literally in the span of a single door transition from her starting Jock which frustrated me so I had to wait a day.

The second lot I built let villagers show up on islands though. As long as there's no SOLD signs up they'll show up on islands if there's a empty lot and you can just leave/re-roll with the miles tickets.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 28, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I just spent almost 40 minutes wandering around after 7 PM to try and see a tarantula, I was mentally composing a question about what I was doing wrong, and one FINALLY spawned. And immediately rolled me.
Well that's my tarantula story, thank you for reading

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Kiwillian posted:

I'm going to try and come over for the rose seeds, please and thanks:) I'll be Pammers from Nibiru

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

ToiletKitty posted:

Sure, 5 of each is great. I'm on my way. The name is Marce

Cool. Keep trying if you get interference, people are coming and going, I'll stay open for a bit.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

The White Dragon posted:

So, this is what I've gathered - You get your initial 2 villagers. Then you have to place 3 houses for your next 3. You'll either get ones you invite from islands but if you don't invite enough, you'll get randos. Once three islanders have confirmed purchased the 3 houses, there are no more villagers on islands. Then, once you build a campsite, you'll get randos visiting. You must invite one of the campsite randos at some point. After they move in, Tom Nook will sell housing plots for 10k each for as many will bring you to 10 total island residents. While the plots are unpurchased, there will be randos on islands. If you're too slow to invite someone from an island though, randos will take up those plots again and then there won't be anyone on the islands.

The only time animals are on the islands is if there is an open, empty house on your island.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh so you can save up, Ground and Sea permits are 6k miles, and the different roads (there's 8 to buy including custom tiles) are 2k each.

Mordiceius posted:

So, this is what I've gathered - You get your initial 2 villagers. Then you have to place 3 houses for your next 3. You'll either get ones you invite from islands but if you don't invite enough, you'll get randos. Once three islanders have confirmed purchased the 3 houses, there are no more villagers on islands. Then, once you build a campsite, you'll get randos visiting. You must invite one of the campsite randos at some point. After they move in, Tom Nook will sell housing plots for 10k each for as many will bring you to 10 total island residents. While the plots are unpurchased, there will be randos on islands. If you're too slow to invite someone from an island though, randos will take up those plots again and then there won't be anyone on the islands.

The only time animals are on the islands is if there is an open, empty house on your island.

Yeah the 'end' of the campsite quest is you hearing that there's a smug villager in a tent, you go over and talk to them and their very first line is 'hi invite me' and then they just join you. If you don't invite them they'll just sit in your camp for days until you do so you're kinda forced into whoever shows up.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 28, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The second lot I built let villagers show up on islands though. As long as there's no SOLD signs up they'll show up on islands if there's a empty lot and you can just leave/re-roll with the miles tickets.

cool, i wanna get max pop as soon as i can so i can start kicking these drat freeloaders out

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh so you can save up, Ground and Sea permits are 6k miles, and the different roads (there's 8 to buy including custom tiles) are 2k each.

Yeah the 'end' of the campsite quest is you hearing that there's a smug villager in a tent, you go over and talk to them and their very first line is 'hi invite me' and then they just join you. If you don't invite them they'll just sit in your camp for days until you do so you're kinda forced into whoever shows up.

do you have to craft the paths like fences

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how many fence segments do you get per craft? if it's just one, the price for the zen wall is obscene

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

indigi posted:

how many fence segments do you get per craft? if it's just one, the price for the zen wall is obscene

i built 120 and only used like 40. bummed that you can't build fences on the beach slope

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
ok that's not as bad, but still kinda expensive. I'm gonna have to start grinding iron

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

oddium posted:

do you have to craft the paths like fences

Nah, once you unlock them you just put down a infinite amount.

Push the button to lay down a single tile of path. If the path is two tiles wide you can round the corners off by just pushing it again. Same for landscaping and waterscaping

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

Kiwillian posted:

Cool. Keep trying if you get interference, people are coming and going, I'll stay open for a bit.

Thank you so much, my friends and I have been desperate for roses and now I can shower our islands with them.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Kiwillian posted:

I'm gonna stay open for a few hours so feel free to come fish or whatever. If you get a rare catch I would suggest taking it home and coming back :)

Gonna watch the latest govt covid lockdown press conference then go get some booze at the supermarket :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
Anyone willing to trade a sturgeon for a stringfish? (As in I have the stringfish)

Edit. I also have a bunch of cherry salmon but I don't think they're super rare
Double edit. Seems you can't trade fish, nevermind

Seabhac fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 28, 2020