Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Yes that's right, the kuva room clearing weapon does more damage than the kuva almost-sniper rifle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
For Condrix clearing, Exodia Contagion is better than everything else by quite abit, 50k damage with 20k dots that are reappiled every 1.5 secs can't be beat. Chakkhurr/Bramma/Redeemer take spots number 2/3/4 in killing them.
People overestimate the damage that the oplinks take (only the elite shield lancers do much damage to them, even if it is 1/4th of their health at high levels) so bringing a Nova/Gara works better than a limbo, as the damage amps from glassing/molecular prime is a faster clear on the battlysts and conculysts. Limbos also can rift the aerolysts and then you're stuck waiting for them to stop cata.
Mesa is the best at killing the small sents, but zaws with exodia contagion still work great for killing them as well, if you don't have a mesa. Volt/Wisp/Vauban/Oberon/Saryn/Mirage as buff frames are options.

For Murex, Limbo is best because you don't need to kill anything, but bringing killframes to go with limbo for intrinsics are what's good there. Run max speed railjacks if you have it, as Hiding in the murex and raw speed will keep the railjack and the satellite alive respectfully.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

What's the current Redeemer build after the status changes? Is cephalonwannab up to date again (that poor person)?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Is there a shortcut for turning on your tactical avionics? I just botched a space spear mission when grabbed a satellite, making it vulnerable, and I fumbled through the tactical screen trying hit my Flow Burn avionic.

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

What's the current Redeemer build after the status changes? Is cephalonwannab up to date again (that poor person)?
This is my current build for bursting down the Condrix:

I think for normal gameplay you'd go for a Viral combo with Vicious Frost instead of Voltaic Strike, and maybe Drifting Contact instead of Corrupt Charge? And the Sacrificial mods are really just on there for the extra Sentient Damage.

I'd also be interested in a good Eidolon hunter build, I heard the Redeemer P can oneshot them?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm thinking about grabbing another kuva weapon, but before I do, what element should I pick for it? I'm thinking Toxin since Viral and Corrosive are two of the top damage types right now.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Its always toxin, because aside from viral and corrosive gas can have niche uses on occasion so every element combo has some degree of use.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Thanks! I'm hoping I get the Bramma, that looks fun as hell, even with the nerfs.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Screaming Idiot posted:

Thanks! I'm hoping I get the Bramma, that looks fun as hell, even with the nerfs.

you can cycle through now and pick which weapon you want to get. That being said, bramma is fun as hell and you should totally get it

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Guilty posted:

you can cycle through now and pick which weapon you want to get. That being said, bramma is fun as hell and you should totally get it

I need some clarification on this:

Can you cycle through them when you've downed your soon-to-be Kuva Lich, like just decide in the mission what weapon they will have? Or do i have to keep running missions until i cycle through to the weapon i want, and then create the lich?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

The Jumpoff posted:

I need some clarification on this:

Can you cycle through them when you've downed your soon-to-be Kuva Lich, like just decide in the mission what weapon they will have? Or do i have to keep running missions until i cycle through to the weapon i want, and then create the lich?

that second one. Enjoy running whatever mission and not stabbing a larvaling 25 times in a row! :shepface:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Psion posted:

that second one. Enjoy running whatever mission and not stabbing a larvaling 25 times in a row! :shepface:

Very cool. I just created my first lich without reading up on it beforehand. Apparently I'll get some kind of musket with extra fire damage at some point? How much did I screw up?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

genericnick posted:

Very cool. I just created my first lich without reading up on it beforehand. Apparently I'll get some kind of musket with extra fire damage at some point? How much did I screw up?

if you mean a kuva chakhurr as far as I'm concerned you did it perfectly right as that gun is fun as hell and heat is my preferred bonus elemental. So, unfortunately, I have to report that you did not screw up in the slightest. I'm sorry.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Toxin is the general best/safest elemental pick on all Kuva guns.

On rifles/bows, you want to equip Primed Cryo Rounds. This immediately works out because you will form Viral no questions asked. Heat is also acceptable if you have the slots to fit an additional Infected Clip without a problem, to form the current king of combinations Viral/Heat.

On shotgun (read: Kohm), utilize Primed Charged Shell and the cold + toxin dualstats to form Viral/Elec, one of the best combinations. Innate toxin will boost the Viral chance.

On secondaries, a problem arises because of Primed Heated Charge. The ideal move is still toxin, because eh, Gas. If you can, you want to load toxin + cold + Primed Heated Charge to form Viral/Heat. The issue is the lack of slots.

Melee gets Cold, to combine with Primed Fever Strike to form Viral extremely easily.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 30, 2020

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I accidentally spawned mine as radiation because I forgot that I'd swapped frames for a specific mission and a lich larvaling happened to pop with the gun I wanted.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tallgeese posted:

Toxin is the general best/safest elemental pick on all Kuva guns.

On rifles/bows, you want to equip Primed Cryo Rounds. This immediately works out because you will form Viral no questions asked. Heat is also acceptable if you have the slots to fit an additional Infected Clip without a problem, to form the current king of combinations Viral/Heat.

On shotgun (read: Kohm), utilize Primed Charged Shell and the cold + toxin dualstats to form Viral/Elec, one of the best combinations. Innate toxin will boost the Viral chance.

On secondaries, a problem arises because of Primed Heated Charge. The ideal move is still toxin, because eh, Gas. If you can, you want to load toxin + cold + Primed Heated Charge to form Viral/Heat. The issue is the lack of slots.

Melee gets Cold, to combine with Primed Fever Strike to form Viral extremely easily.

What about heat on secondary kuva weapons so you can combine with Primed Heated Charge to do pure heat damage?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I mean yeah, that's an option. You still absolutely want to go for Viral/Heat though. If you can form it, it is suggested to go Toxin to boost Viral's proc rates.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I better grab a Split Flights, I've had a Zhuge riven rotting in my inventory for months.

Huh, I guess the Zhuge doesn't count as a bow for Split Flights, even though you can use Thunderbolt and Arrow Mutation on it. That's lame, guess I'm trying that Mutalist Cernos trick.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 31, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The text on the mod explicits says "No Crossbows."

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Titania Prime is out. Patch notes says "PLUS the Relic rewards from Ground Assault and Murex Raid missions have been replaced by these new Relics in Operation: Scarlet Spear." in addition to being mixed into all the usual relic drop tables.

also

Fixed melee magnetism not functioning with Titania's Diwata in Razorwing.
Fixed a rare crash when a zone gets destroyed (Sanctuary Onslaught, etc) in the same frame as a connectivity update.
Fixed Venari’s Healing aura affecting Defense Targets.

Weep cathealing defense

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
oof, that blows. venari was great for that

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Any idea when little duck will cycle in some new arcanes?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
When DE think the scoring in the event is working.

EDIT: It's almost certainly going to have an extra week tacked on, I'd think.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol that was like the only reason I cared about Venari

like Khora is still insanely OP but her main gimmick is the useless cat

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Catdog frame when

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I wasn’t even aware Venari had any utility besides being able to carry a second copy of pet mods so you can be all-seeing and all-looting.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Catdog frame when

Be careful what you wish for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8DLsjHscM

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

A bugfix, huh DE?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Yeah boy wouldn't it be terrible if a warframe ability could just trivialize scarlet spear

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tylana posted:

Titania Prime is out. Patch notes says "PLUS the Relic rewards from Ground Assault and Murex Raid missions have been replaced by these new Relics in Operation: Scarlet Spear." in addition to being mixed into all the usual relic drop tables.

Titania Prime does not walk, and it's a little weird/uncomfortable. (This might be a sign I haven't used Wisp very much.)

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
So DE added a new effect for the explosion on the Corinth Prime, and wow, it looks hilariously bad.
They removed all explosion particles, and replace it with some low-quality textured smoke.
..and the smoke isn't affected by energy color and it defaults to poo poo-brown.
....and they drastically reduced the sparks from it..... AND those can't be colored anymore.
....AAANnnnnd to top it all off, they retroactively enforced this change on the regular Corinth as well.

What did that one guy say a couple of pages ago?

Sample_text posted:

Johnny Joestar posted:

de has had a long history of their first iteration of something being rocky and the follow-ups being pretty good. people can do the stupid Haha Wow DE Sure Are A Bunch Of Fuckwits game all they want but there's kind of precedent for this
I never called them fuckwits.
:words:

I'm calling them fuckwits now.
Imagine going through the effort of building your own particle system, then retroactively making the explosion particles look worse, and removing the ability to customize them.
Imagine having the prime version of a gun look worse than the regular one.
You'd think they'd have an art polish on the shiny golden thing that people buy mostly because of its art ..

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
whoa that is a pretty angry c/p from the official forums there

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Sample_text posted:

Imagine having the prime version of a gun look worse than the regular one.

That's not so unusual. Baza Prime looks so bad I had to drop 20 plat on a skin for it. Maybe it's a plan to boost plat sales.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I don't usually solo condrixes much though I have soloed a couple 17s, but this one flotilla wouldn't give me any people at all so I videoed my aerodynamic build, pubbies are absolutely baffled by it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhOyD8BuzrM

The only actual dangerous enemy in ground game is the battalyst, and it can't hit you up there at all. Also I don't have to deal with brachiolysts or teammates going Get Down Mister President and eating my bramma shots, staggering me for days

Aerodynamic, Aero Vantage, Patagium, that's it really. You freeze in mid-air by bullet jumping straight up and starting your glide while you're still going up, at whatever height you want. Lots of other cool jumps and glides you can do with it.

edit: another really good tech I use for dealing with battalysts is Rolling Guard, you just roll if something triggers your shield gate and you have a bunch of time to get safe

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 1, 2020

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
https://i.imgur.com/QDtqA3Y.mp4

Uhhhhhh what?

I can't tell if it actually does more damage, but it definitely shows a cold icon next to the initial hit damage and it shouldn't.

ZombieApostate fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 2, 2020

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
So what's happening there to the best of my knowledge is that the initial screen when you open up the Mut Cernos and it shows you I/P/S/Toxic. But the Toxic is just the cloud, it's not part of the arrow. So you throw a Rime Rounds on and now the cloud is converted to viral, Tso it looks like you have performed a normal elemental combo. But the arrow itself is just IPS and has no innate elemental, so it now has a cold component. But when you put on the Malignant, the arrow now has viral and the cloud is still viral so those numbers once again merge into one number.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Ah, that would make sense. I think it's displaying ONLY the cloud damage, rather than merging them, though. If the arrow's cold damage is 1200 without the toxin mod, it should be even larger with it on, but it only displays 500. Kind of a pain in the rear end.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Yeah, that makes sense.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I JUST REALIZED THAT SCARLET SPEAR CRIBBED THE PLOT FROM loving INDEPENDENCE DAY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Right but even with how buggy the launch was, when we drive our space planes into the glowy bits it's just to hide from the fighters and the ship doesn't explode.