Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

muscles like this! posted:

Looks like Sonic is switching gears as I've seen multiple commercials without those two dumbasses and their "comedy."

Maybe I’m wrong, but I remember reading an article that said that all those ads are made by just pointing the camera at them while they improvise. I guess it saves money on hiring actual writers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Someone reminded me of this god tier prepaid cell phone ad from like 15 years ago and i still laugh like an idiot at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJwshQJ39Og

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That goddamn Facebook kazoo ad. I’m already sick of it.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Maxwell Lord posted:

That goddamn Facebook kazoo ad. I’m already sick of it.

After seeing this ad for the god-knows-whatever-time this morning I went searching for this thread specifically to endorse my hate for it

NOBODY LIKE KAZOOS THAT MUCH!!

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
After seeing the Limu Emu ad where they get the key to the city like a million times, hearing the mayor say "And now" at the beginning is like fingernails on a blackboard.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Kloaked00 posted:

After seeing this ad for the god-knows-whatever-time this morning I went searching for this thread specifically to endorse my hate for it

NOBODY LIKE KAZOOS THAT MUCH!!

The Rocky one is really bad too. Stallone looks like the Madam Tassaud's version of him on a really hot day.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Woof, bad luck for Corona promoting a March Madness hotline.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DJExile posted:

Someone reminded me of this god tier prepaid cell phone ad from like 15 years ago and i still laugh like an idiot at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJwshQJ39Og

AMP'D also had, in whats being advertised there, a content platform on mobile devices. I know this only because I tried using it since it came with a phone I had at the time and it sucked more than you can imagine proprietary media content player and service on pre-smartphones in 2006 would.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Quibi still sounds stupid but I do like their commercial with Chance the Rapper where a maitre d calls him "Mister Chance" and he corrects the guy that its "Mister the Rapper"

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Let’s go out to ‘ita :fuckoff:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
God I am hating every super serious “we’re trying to look compassionate” ad the companies are trotting out now.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
They all remind me of the pre prepared end of the world commercial in gremlins 2

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://twitter.com/mattbooshell/status/1245418947807252486

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

God I am hating every super serious “we’re trying to look compassionate” ad the companies are trotting out now.

Yeah every single business e-mail and website now has a big "our first priority is your safety during this crisis" at the top and it's like, gently caress you say? Your first priority is :10bux:, same poo poo different apocalypse.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hulu keeps airing this "thanks to our hard workers!" ad from some grocery store. All I can think about when they're on is how much money went into the marketing and research/development for that ad, and how much PPE or paid sick leave that amount of money would get you.

Also, is it just me, or does Hulu only have like four ads that they rotate between? They're all terrible, too!

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Riptor posted:

They all remind me of the pre prepared end of the world commercial in gremlins 2

we hope you've enjoyed life

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Ugh the new Sonic commercials. The one with the red haired girls and their dad talking about how to say chocolate is so grating.

Bring back the dimwit and his handler, anything is better than this.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Faustian Bargain posted:

Ugh the new Sonic commercials. The one with the red haired girls and their dad talking about how to say chocolate is so grating.

Bring back the dimwit and his handler, anything is better than this.

They died on their way back to their home planet (Oklahoma)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

That 7th Generation ad where the guy spinning in the washer says "Your detergent may contain disodium (something) disulfonate. Yeah, I don't know either."

Okay, thanks.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hate anything that's like "complicated science term!? That can't be good!"

DJDadJoke
Mar 27, 2020

Stupid Newbie

Dumber for drinking so much Sith Lighting Mountain Dew

Kids, don't cough on my lawn!!!
Dinosaur Gum
#AloneTogether

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebw27_q4NFw

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I always have to chuckle at Neuriva's ads that start with the pitch "Want to brain better?". One way to start would be to realize that the word brain is a noun; not a verb.

"Brain and brain, what is brain?"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Sash! posted:

I hate anything that's like "complicated science term!? That can't be good!"

Deoxyribonucleic acid? That can't be good, whatever it is!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Reminds me of that chain email my 8th grade science teacher showed us about the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I always have to chuckle at Neuriva's ads that start with the pitch "Want to brain better?". One way to start would be to realize that the word brain is a noun; not a verb.

I kinda wish my brain would shoot confetti every time I pass a moderate skill check with a natural 20

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

PizzaProwler posted:

Reminds me of that chain email my 8th grade science teacher showed us about the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide.

As a high school project once I went to the mall with a lab coat and got about 100 signatures in support of banning dihydrogen monoxide

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I need to find my copy of the Cartoon Guide to (non-)Communication. It had a page or two about how you can verb any noun in the English language.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Marvy. Fab. Far out.

Actually, I hadn't realized that "verbification" had been going on that long. It shows how much the English language is Calvinball.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

"Verbificaton," as in the word itself, dates to the 1870s.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
TurboTax free. Free, free free free. Free? Free. Free free free. Free free! Free. Free free, free free. Free free free, free.

gently caress off, TurboTax.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
lol I use TurboTax and they eat $89.99 of my return every year and I let them because I'm lazy and they have my info already

there's a number of ads I dislike right now but a lot of them I can't even remember what they're trying to sell so I'll just mention the "we *do it* EVERY night" ad that winds up being about....running your dishwasher

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

JAMOOOL posted:

lol I use TurboTax and they eat $89.99 of my return every year and I let them because I'm lazy and they have my info already

there's a number of ads I dislike right now but a lot of them I can't even remember what they're trying to sell so I'll just mention the "we *do it* EVERY night" ad that winds up being about....running your dishwasher

Tell TurboTax (Intuit) to eat a fat one: They spent money to fight free tax filing options. I've been using TaxAct for the last few years and while it's not as refined as TurboTax it works well enough and you won't be supporting assholes.

As for the topic: I don't what what a Quibi is, but it needs to gently caress off.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Fabulousity posted:

Tell TurboTax (Intuit) to eat a fat one: They spent money to fight free tax filing options. I've been using TaxAct for the last few years and while it's not as refined as TurboTax it works well enough and you won't be supporting assholes.

As for the topic: I don't what what a Quibi is, but it needs to gently caress off.

Quibi is tiktok but for hollywood.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Turbotax is probably the best product of the ones I've tried since I started doing taxes online pretty much as soon as you could, but not so much better that it's worth the $89 over HR.block or I'm guessing the credit karma one people are using now. If my life changes to the point I'm making too much money to file for free with HR Block then I almost think I'm better off paying the roughly ~40 extra it costs a CPA to do it in my region.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

tired of hearing about this arrogant clown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PPSpl4-Yvs

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

The new Lincoln commercial where they tout how they’re helping so much with your sanctuary by letting you buy a Lincoln from your house!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
One of the local Kia dealerships, whose commercials usually consist of the stereotypical “SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!! WE WANT TO APPROVE YOU!!!!!” voiceover is now this gentle woman’s voice talking about how they’re here for us whenever we need them.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Was it Fuccillo Kia? Because I want to hear that big dumb idiot say how the CORONAVIRUS IS YUUUUUUUUUUGEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I've now seen ads from three different toilet paper companies telling me they're working hard to keep my rear end clean.