Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Feels bad, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

You're welcome :tipshat:

To be honest I was actually excite for the idea before I realized how hopeless it was.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Got to Sirus for the first time ever. What AL should I spawn him as? Sounds like the fight is going to be tough. Any tips?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

drewmoney posted:

Got to Sirus for the first time ever. What AL should I spawn him as? Sounds like the fight is going to be tough. Any tips?

I found this video really helpful, mostly because it explains where he goes when he goes invuln and how /when to restart the fight. It’s a little overlaboured but not too bad

https://youtu.be/qlH7MsmzjBI

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Does anyone even enjoy the Sirus fight? It seems designed specifically to prevent you from fighting him, which is loving dumb

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont think ive ever seen anyone say they really liked it. just various forms of "its not that bad really"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I like the music :shobon:

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Too busy running around avoid death circles and doing nothing else to really notice it

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I like the fact that it's a challenging fight that rewards learning the mechanics and good movement.

I dislike how punishing and buggy it is if you every die. If I do the fight deathless it is 100% predictable, but if I make a mistake and die his rotation starts overlapping weird abilities and everything goes out the window.

It's not a perfect fight, but I am fine with it as the current endgame. May not be a popular opinion but I REALLY like the fact that it isn't just a set of fragments to open it. I don't like a boss fight having direct value attached to it, because then I have to make the choice if it's the correct choice to run the fight or just sell the frags.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
My biggest issue with the Sirus fight is that everything in the fight shares a color palette of red, black, and gray making it harder to learn the fight compared to something like Shaper where his celestial skin stuff has high contrast from the floor you're moving around on.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

drewmoney posted:

Make absolutely sure you get a "Corrupted Blood Cannot Be Inflicted On You" corrupted jewel. Even if it's an otherwise worthless one and takes up a good jewel slot. His "die" beams will waste you otherwise as they can do tens of thousands of bleed damage in under a second, which bypasses armour.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

I like the music :shobon:

I really like the voice acting :shobon:

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
Any suggestions for a way late starting build after skipping last league?

I generally only do one character per league. Tend to prefer things with good clear speed, decent tankiness, and start decent but can invest 5 or so exalts over time.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

archmage storm brand heiro, life/mom for more tank. its real good

J
Jun 10, 2001

Cinara posted:

I like the fact that it's a challenging fight that rewards learning the mechanics and good movement.

I dislike how punishing and buggy it is if you every die. If I do the fight deathless it is 100% predictable, but if I make a mistake and die his rotation starts overlapping weird abilities and everything goes out the window.

It's not a perfect fight, but I am fine with it as the current endgame. May not be a popular opinion but I REALLY like the fact that it isn't just a set of fragments to open it. I don't like a boss fight having direct value attached to it, because then I have to make the choice if it's the correct choice to run the fight or just sell the frags.

100% agree. Both last league and this league I've been bailing out my friends who want to try to learn the fight but don't want to brick the set of portals and miss their loot. Some of them will stream it to me and I watch how they do, and holy poo poo how the fight changes if you die is nuts. As long as they don't die I can pretty much tell them exactly what to do, but if they die once? poo poo starts happening that even I've not seen before. And I love how it isn't farmable with fragments, it makes his overall set of drops retain their value so much better over the course of the entire league. Keeps the kills exciting.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I was fighting sirus the other day and he put up his maze and then instantly dropped the meteor on it, I was pretty stoked about that for sure

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

queeb posted:

archmage storm brand heiro, life/mom for more tank. its real good

also ivory towers are p cheap so this but LL is also probably cool if you're into that.

Also: I know it's Skill Point League, but anyone using The Agnostic Militant Faith jewel in their Archmage setup? My Assassin is the aforementioned LL setup so it isn't useful on him but I figure going life/mom and throwing in The Agnostic basically solves any non one-shot life sustain issues.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Awesome! posted:

i dont think ive ever seen anyone say they really liked it. just various forms of "its not that bad really"

I love the sirus fight. If anyone needs help killing it or questions about how to do it deathless effortlessly just ask away!

If anyone has like little gifs of his attacks and can link them. Ill explain what I'm thinking during every part of the fight.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 4, 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I moved from SSF to trade league to finish off the last remaining challenges, and after selling a Voices jewel for a whole bunch, I'm actually thinking of making a new guy instead. Preferably one that uses this really good Herald of Purity ring I picked up. What are some builds that would use this well?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Out of curiosity does anyone play on console? Friend is talking about getting in on PS4

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

I really like the voice acting :shobon:

How boring and small.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Watch beauty crumble

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The journey to 98 continues. I did something really stupid and died at like 30% xp which really hurts, but ended the night with 45%. I'll probably get it tomorrow. My double damage Nebulis that I bought from a panic seller for 15ex when they announced the herald nerfs is apparently worth like 65ex now, which is cool and good.

I'm really eyeballing an insanely stupid Scion herald / power siphon build I've been cooking for the last day or so. But it's going to need about 45-50ex and to repurpose 80% of my current herald gear to function. So we'll see if I have it in me to make one last build.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

Watch beauty crumble

When Sirus "escapes" from the atlas he destroys the city centre. But once the fight is over everything just returns to normal. Did Sirus actually escape, or did he create an atlas fantasy world where he imagins he did?

Following this line of reasoning, do you ever actually leave the atlas after you meet Zana for the first time and go through her portal? The entire thing, your hideout, all the people in it, all the maps, and the conquors/sirus themselves could just be an atlas construct created by Zana
:psyduck:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rutibex posted:

Following this line of reasoning, do you ever actually leave the atlas after you meet Zana for the first time and go through her portal? The entire thing, your hideout, all the people in it, all the maps, and the conquors/sirus themselves could just be an atlas construct created by Zana
:psyduck:

You think were escaping the atlas?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This world is an illusion, exile.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Nothing you do matters. The dream will end, and the dreamer will pass into the next world.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Tenzarin posted:

You think were escaping the atlas?

You never realized how disappointed she sounds when she asks if you're still sane.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Jay Rust posted:

I moved from SSF to trade league to finish off the last remaining challenges, and after selling a Voices jewel for a whole bunch, I'm actually thinking of making a new guy instead. Preferably one that uses this really good Herald of Purity ring I picked up. What are some builds that would use this well?

Impale cyclone of whatever flavor you want. If you're sitting on oodles of money, Starforge or dual one hand rares Impale Champion scales super well with money. If you don't want to spend on weapons, facebreaker does too.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Rutibex posted:

When Sirus "escapes" from the atlas he destroys the city centre. But once the fight is over everything just returns to normal. Did Sirus actually escape, or did he create an atlas fantasy world where he imagins he did?

What do you mean everything returns to normal? Are the Karui shores not a thing anymore?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

StashAugustine posted:

Out of curiosity does anyone play on console? Friend is talking about getting in on PS4

I played on PS4 for a while (after 1k hours or so on PC) and the two biggest deal-breakers for me were:

1. The trade. Good loving god the trade. Filtering is very restricted and difficult (and trade will continue to show results that don't match your filter). As a result prices are all over the loving shop. Pick a build that is labelled as SSF as you might well be playing it effectively

2. The amount of 3rd party QoL things that you can get on PC that you can't on PS4 (e.g. Poe overlay or even the original trade macro). I can't go back to playing Poe without it.

No global 820 chat for uber trial sharing etc was annoying as well. I think generally I was always going to hate it because I knew how good it could be on PC

That said I quite liked playing with a controller in some respects - was great for traps/mines but anything that requires precise or predictive positioning you can completely forget it.

On console I'd rather play Diablo 3 to be honest

aejix fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 4, 2020

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I am really liking Indigon gameplay now that I am more used to it, especially since tuning things for one brand cast instead of two. To the person that suggested one of these Lavianga's Spirit flasks, thank you, that totally solved my slow setup issue and lets me pump out brands at will at the start or when getting set up again after an interruption.

Here is a video of a T16 metamorph fight, which goes quicker with this build than my occultist storm brander could manage with a Headhunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxly9jzRyCw

I finally managed to get a few brain cells to respond simultaneously and went from a leveled Clarity, which was hard on the build no matter if I put it in life or mana, to instead a level 1 clarity. That only reserves 80 life with my level 19 Blood Magic, which also pumps up Archmage a bit more from the full unreserved mana pool, and lets a Clear Mind jewel I put in to replace a Fevered Mind trigger. I kept overrunning my mana costs just using Brand Recall with the 5th Fevered Mind in there.

There is some precarious poo poo going on with the +/- mana costs of this particular build, and I worry there may be a more efficient route there since it just seems kind of fuzzy to me. However I ended up setting a goal of making my mana cost as high as possible without making it so I couldn't use Brand Recall with its 4 link setup (well, I could use it, but it would then go over my mana pool - as a mathematical certainty, adding more mana just scaled up the problem proportionately). More mana will keep adding damage, of course, so there's that direction to scale in still too. I think the gloves and boots might see a later in league replacement when I can afford some good culling + unnerve gloves, and tailwind + elusive boots, but until that point I am happy with what they do and the anoints I have on 'em are very helpful. Little pods everywhere after killing rare monsters is neat, too.

The build is currently close to 9 million shaper dps, and I can see 10 million on the horizon. I'd already have it if I could fit frenzy charges in and I will be thinking to see how I might do that, hopefully those few brain cells that finally solved my dumb clarity problem can get to work. POB link if anyone wants to try to tweak the mana cost thing around and see if they can come up with more effectiveness for those points - I appreciate the advice I've received from the thread, both last league and this one.

edit in re: controller talk, I play with a program just called ARPG Gamepad Controller and it does a good job after a little customization for my preferences. There are some things that are weird to navigate (staircases in maps mainly) but it puts lots of buttons in easy reach (I have my flasks on the d-pad and right stick!) and I personally find it more comfortable playing that way. It does absolutely limit what kind of skills I like to use, though. Storm Brand is a great fit since it already did the targeting for you BEFORE 3.10 Seeker Runes clusters made it ridiculous. I loved Flicker Strike + Cyclone with it last league too. Things that don't take a lot of precise targeting.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 4, 2020

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
You could just go lowlife and get the same damage without the enormous headache.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Is there a link to a low life archmage build I could check out to see how that would be done? I like the feel of this but I am open to other ideas. I don't feel that this is an enormous headache, personally, just spit out brands and go, cast periodically. Not to suggest everyone would like it. If you just mean getting mana cost dialed in, I could understand that, though I am making more of it than it has to be and the build was working pretty well and over 8 million before I swapped to that path. My concern with low life is what do I do to save my rear end if I'm taking unexpected levels of damage - right now I feel like I have time to mash my flasks when something goes wrong, and I worry that losing 65% of my life would make that much harder to do. But, I have never played that kind of build and would be glad to check it out if you think it'd be a good change.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 4, 2020

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Agreed posted:

Is there a link to a low life archmage build I could check out to see how that would be done? I like the feel of this but I am open to other ideas. I don't feel that this is an enormous headache, personally, just spit out brands and go, cast periodically. Not to suggest everyone would like it.

Here is the PoB from a video that someone posted earlier in the thread. I'm working on leveling a character using this, but only to level 44'ish so it's still fairly clunky due to slow cast times on brands and the long cooldown on recall still.

DPS is amazing already, but until I get high enough to equip the unique shield he uses in the build I can't use any of the aura's or I lose all my damage to reserved mana.

Edit: here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUEvXrsMUnc

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

The Locator posted:

Here is the PoB from a video that someone posted earlier in the thread. I'm working on leveling a character using this, but only to level 44'ish so it's still fairly clunky due to slow cast times on brands and the long cooldown on recall still.

DPS is amazing already, but until I get high enough to equip the unique shield he uses in the build I can't use any of the aura's or I lose all my damage to reserved mana.

Edit: here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUEvXrsMUnc

That build looks weak, tbh. Building Archmage storm brand for crit is an inefficient use of points, and I doubt he has enough crit nodes to beat EO by much.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Dance Officer posted:

That build looks weak, tbh. Building Archmage storm brand for crit is an inefficient use of points, and I doubt he has enough crit nodes to beat EO by much.

I’ve been following it and was worried about this. Have you got a non-crit LL tree to share?

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
No offers overnight, so bumped my Voices down to 250ex and it sold in 10 minutes.

Time to go shopping!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bagpuss_UK posted:

No offers overnight, so bumped my Voices down to 250ex and it sold in 10 minutes.

Time to go shopping!

Congratulations on reaching the Exalt cap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

George posted:

I’ve been following it and was worried about this. Have you got a non-crit LL tree to share?

My home internet connection is broken somehow since yesterday, so I can't really upload it, unfortunately.

Searching poe.ninja with EO, LL, storm brand archmage hiero should give you a rough idea of the build to follow.